PDA

View Full Version : Interview with the Developers (7 & 8)

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 03:32 AM
I think it might be interesting to share it here these 2 interviews posted on our (EU) forum by GM Viral. They reveal what the future of cabal will look like, and seems to be promising.

http://forum.cabalonline.com/entry.php?102-Interview-with-the-Developers-%287-amp-8%29

For my fellow force bladers

"For instance, Lightening Blade, Ice Blade and Fire Blade will not stack on one another any longer for Force Bladers."

Are we going to get nerfed? çç

EvilAi
07-19-2012, 04:06 AM
if it's not a Kr GM discussion, then it's just gonna happen on ur w/e cabal u came from.

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 04:27 AM
if it's not a Kr GM discussion, then it's just gonna happen on ur w/e cabal u came from.
It's a kr gm discussion with a kr cabal developer, they are clearly talking about kr test server and ep10 update.
And you think such big changes could happen only on one cabal version anyway? lol

The interview mentions "winter update", so NA and EU should get ep10 around spring 2013. I can only hope we don't really get nerfed, FB without rate from buffs is useless.

SkiYeon
07-19-2012, 04:33 AM
:(

Cathy
07-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Even if they make FB blade buffs nonstackable, I'm sure the modifications will make EVERYBODY a lot stronger overall.

Abi
07-19-2012, 05:51 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo =( triple stack is the only thing that makes a FB strong enough to face other classes in a fair fight..... WTH are we gonna do =(

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Even if they make FB blade buffs nonstackable, I'm sure the modifications will make EVERYBODY a lot stronger overall.
Ye they probably gonna bilance it out somehow... I hope >_>
But there are so many haters crying because FB has "too much rate" that I'm afraid devs might really consider a nerf.

plzbuffme
07-19-2012, 06:42 AM
they're probably gonna give them one buff that's just as strong as triple stacking so that you can stack other party buffs outside of your sword enchant.

or that they feel like FB has too easy of a time hitting a good crit rate to a point that its not fair for other classes offensively

Cathy
07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Ye they probably gonna bilance it out somehow... I hope >_>
But there are so many haters crying because FB has "too much rate" that I'm afraid devs might really consider a nerf.

If they're overhauling buffs, theres no reason to think that Lightning blade wouldn't be changed for the better either (to make up for loss of the attack and rate on ice and fire).

And I bet FB, as well as every class, will be buffed a ton by that Healing/Tanking/Dealing stance, especially since these stances are supposed to come with their own shorts :p

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 07:01 AM
that would be a huge nerf to fb's, and sadly its still not targetting FB's most overpowered skills

Berserk_Fury
07-19-2012, 07:45 AM
that would be a huge nerf to fb's, and sadly its still not targetting FB's most overpowered skills

Like what?

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 07:50 AM
root/field root

Cathy
07-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Like what?

Root. Darkness. Hard luck. Field of Enervation.

As well as the fact that Assassinate is arguably the most useful completer skill of all 6 classes.

NewEra
07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
this is messed up....Remove one blade buff and fb is going downhill...why not remove earth guard or something this is crap!!!!

Cathy
07-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Well since everyone is taking the news this way..

B> 180+ FB :cool:

NewEra
07-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Well since everyone is taking the news this way..

B> 180+ FB :cool:

LOL,its ugly to see one of FB best buffs get taken away for something else, and its going to be hard to replace that large amount of crit rate, brb going to go cry in my corner" orrrr it would be nice if they give us another buff that gives something like this" name" idk, stats almost like these" - 25%dmg -15% crit rate- 200hp" would be better to make up for it don't you think?

Berserk_Fury
07-19-2012, 08:33 AM
root/field root

Root. Darkness. Hard luck. Field of Enervation.

As well as the fact that Assassinate is arguably the most useful completer skill of all 6 classes.

FB's primary job is debuffing. I love how every class cries about being rooted or debuffed, when our debuffs are still way way way weaker than debuff classes in other mmos (cough fear, sleep, etc). It's like me complaining about FA being able to heal.

Cathy
07-19-2012, 08:43 AM
FB's primary job is debuffing. I love how every class cries about being rooted or debuffed, when our debuffs are still way way way weaker than debuff classes in other mmos (cough fear, sleep, etc). It's like me complaining about FA being able to heal.

I wouldn't complain about FB debuffs at all if heal was actually useful IN WAR XD

The dif is that FB can debuff in AND out of war too

Not to mention "Greater heal cannot be used in pvp," but FB debuffs can.

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 08:46 AM
except where it counts, there is no counterplay to root. 4/6 classes have absolutely no answer to root (and cash shop pots are not an answer). the duration of root is ridiculous. the cooldown for root is ridiculously short.

if thats not overpowered I don't know what is. I don't have a problem with other aspects of the FB kit. Most of them at least have counterplay options. counter enervate with more MP, same with MF. counter Darkness by using wind/freezing attacks and through positioning properly. counter hard luck with resist rate/resist CD. but like I said, there is no counterplay to root.

EDIT: and a further point in relation the cooldown issues with root, there is no penalty for using root non-tactically. its pretty much a spam happy skill and it allows brain dead players to play FB and think they are good.

Cathy
07-19-2012, 08:50 AM
And it's ridiculously frustrating in war when an FB roots you when they're close to death, and then they just run away. There is no reason to make root duration last 20 seconds for that. Not only does it take away your escapability, it gives FB the greatest escapability of everyone.

There is absolutely 0 excuse for an FB to die when they can do a coward tactic like that -.-

And yet FA's "cowardly" tactic of healing themselves, is completely taken away.

Andrea
07-19-2012, 09:07 AM
i don't see why they are given mf as well. it's like they're given ropes to tie their opponents hands with in fistfights. lol. lame. inb4usevampepau.

bl and wa's instant immunity against root should work like curse remove of fa, where and when it can still be used to remove the root when cast and not just to avoid it from taking effect. And lengthen its duration for crying out loud!

OverFlow
07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
:(

Deathlymonkey
07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
LOL,its ugly to see one of FB best buffs get taken away for something else, and its going to be hard to replace that large amount of crit rate, brb going to go cry in my corner" orrrr it would be nice if they give us another buff that gives something like this" name" idk, stats almost like these" - 25%dmg -15% crit rate- 200hp" would be better to make up for it don't you think?

Somehow this all reminds me of the numerous nerfs wiz had a while ago. Most of you were saying that we got what we deserved because wizards were OP. Now it's our turn to laugh.

NewEra
07-19-2012, 09:11 AM
And it's ridiculously frustrating in war when an FB roots you when they're close to death, and then they just run away. There is no reason to make root duration last 20 seconds for that. Not only does it take away your escapability, it gives FB the greatest escapability of everyone.

There is absolutely 0 excuse for an FB to die when they can do a coward tactic like that -.-

debuff and rate is what makes fb unique.

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 09:13 AM
i don't see why they are given mf as well. it's like they're given ropes to tie their opponents hands with in fistfights. lol. lame. inb4usevampepau.

bl and wa's instant immunity against root should work like curse remove of fa, where and when it can still be used to remove the root when cast and not just to avoid it from taking effect. And lengthen its duration for crying out loud!

I actually agree with this part. Instant should immediately remove all debuffs when cast in addition to providing immunity through its duration. It would give the move much more utility and allow for more tactical use rather than having to frontload its use. Its duration does not need to be extended though.

Berserk_Fury
07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
I actually agree with this part. Instant should immediately remove all debuffs when cast in addition to providing immunity through its duration. It would give the move much more utility and allow for more tactical use rather than having to frontload its use. Its duration does not need to be extended though.

K then, give FBs a way to counter your bears, cats, bloody, panic and knockdown.

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 09:25 AM
K then, give FBs a way to counter your bears, cats, bloody, panic and knockdown.

you can root and run away

Valdoroth
07-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Fb don't have shorts. Keep QQ-ing about debuffs.
I still just say reduce root time and get rid of II. Simple.

In my oppinion, if an FB has to use Root to win, he needs to work on his skills. If he uses it to escape, then I see it no different than a WA using II or cats to survive or get away. Or FA to use CR, or WI to dash+blink, or BL to use intuition, or FS to SS/AoD. Just saying. Every class has a counter to 'escape.' It's not cowardly to get out of a fight you know you're going to die.

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 09:33 AM
The logic...its mind blowing. Let me go Spur mode on you right now. The fact that FB's don't have shorts just means that they are at 100% power at all time. WA's need those shorts to beat a FB you say? well what the hell does every other class do when they DONT have their shorts available? That's right, FB's torch us.

Anyone using Instant for escape purposes is failing, just like a FB using root for escaping. However, there is no penalty for the FB using it in that manner. Instant has a 5 minute cooldown while root is up again shortly after healing up.

Sprite
07-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Any class can counter it, just run until their shorts are out - they have a long cd time unlike hard luck...

Cathy
07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Eh, we all know root is OP. There's no way around it ~_~

If root was considered to be a "short" and had the same cooldown of all the other class's shorts, then that'd be a lot more reasonable.

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 09:46 AM

Why do you call that a coward tactic? FB is a tactical class, you fight when you know you can win, you retreat when you're going to lose. We're no FS or WA made to stand still taking hits..
Make your enemy unable to fight back. We can't tank, we have average attack, medium hp, no shorts, at least give us come advantages in the pvp aspect of the game.

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
you fight when you know you can win, you retreat when you're going to lose
lol

We can't tank
lol

we have average attack
lol

at least give us come advantages in the pvp aspect of the game.
lol

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 10:14 AM
lol

lol

lol

lol
Not all Fb have +15 forcy gear uh.
Don't tell me FB can tank like WA FS or even BL with intu. I have harder time finishing HV hard with my high dmg low def build than my FS wich has half my damage but can relog for AOD, yay (same for ca6 and all those places where you need high def). Even with flee pots I sometimes get 3hited. TG? Besides bm1a, a FB will get easily raped in the crowd. You have 6,3k hp, to me it looks more than any other FB I've seen around. Much more attack (with 2x forcy weapons+15 I can barely hit 1,2k attack, a WA will have 1300+ at least I guess).

I could buy forcy too and pump my defense and hp up, although FS/WA with same gears will still have more than me. We can argue 1k def is good enough for everything, but that's for now, it wasn't always like that and it won't be in the future.

Root is overpowered outside war because we can spam it as much as we want (root, run for 20secs, root again, repeat) but imho it ought to be like that, otherwise what would be our unique strenght? Hardluck? :|

Sprite
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Last time I checked Tomaboy rolls everyone in merc right now in standing 1 2 3 except for romp. He's only in +11 forc and sig boots too.

Berserk_Fury
07-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Last time I checked Tomaboy rolls everyone in merc right now in standing 1 2 3 except for romp. He's only in +11 forc and sig boots too.

Because standing pvp matters?

Also I'm still amazed about how many people cry over root. Especially the people that I know played other mmos like aion. Ever fight against an SM or ranger in that game?

Cathy
07-19-2012, 10:35 AM
We all know Root is op; there's no use even denying it or defending it.

It's not like I'm complaining about it because I don't have root. I play both FA and FB and I still think it's op.

The only real counter for root is another root.

NewEra
07-19-2012, 10:36 AM
I don't wanna change my weaps from 40cd+15 to 7/40 or 7/34 what a waste of alz >.> i say remove wind movement or aqua vitality

NewEra
07-19-2012, 10:37 AM

It's not like I'm complaining about it because I don't have root. I play both FA and FB and I still think it's op.

what she says, only people who 1 vs 1 a fb would know.

Sprite
07-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Because standing pvp matters?

Also I'm still amazed about how many people cry over root. Especially the people that I know played other mmos like aion. Ever fight against an SM or ranger in that game?

Oh I forgot to mention he rolls everyone in freestyle too - without root. Point being, a semi end game fb can do extremely well without root. Giving them a spam able debuff on top of that is just op.

NewEra
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh I forgot to mention he rolls everyone in freestyle too - without root. Point being, a semi end game fb can do extremely well without root. Giving them a spam able debuff on top of that is just op.

But the real topic here isn't removing debuffs( if it was i wouldn't mind reducing the duration time) i think the real topic here is removing our blade buffs? for another? correct me if i'm wrong.

Berserk_Fury
07-19-2012, 10:44 AM

Curse dodge, curse remove, intuition. Yeah, no counters whatsoever.

Hell, if root is so OP, why did EST get rid of storm guardians?

NewEra
07-19-2012, 10:51 AM
The sixty-four thousand dollar question for Buff Renewal must be a Battle Mode. We will modify couple of the Battle Mode issues posed by user complaints in a whole Battle Style. It's hard to tell about detail modification however I can tell the main purpose of it is primarily to have user using not only Battle Mode 2 but also Battle Made 3 more efficiently.

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 10:57 AM
It's op only in the pvp aspect of the game. Toma might pwns everyone in pvp, but he can't solo FT2 unlike FA and BL. Root is a double edge debuff, we can spam it as well as getting spammed with it. MassPK/TG: root opponent fb, he roots you back, WI comes and kills you from range. I should ask my own debuff to get nerfed too then xD

Even toma in bm1a won't last long after getting rooted and hited from various angles/distances. Point is: you want to kick everyone's ass in 1on1 pk pvp? Then go for FB, root ppl and kill them easily in those 20 sec (abyssal, sod, abyssal *-*).

Anyway when I used to go wars I always made less points than WI with half my gear. Simply because in the crowd they take more advantage from my debuffs than myself lol
Let's say I cast foexe on 4-5 procyons, I have to get close to use my stronger skills, you think they won't hit me meanwhile? Really, root is not godmode whatsoever.

BamOwnage
07-19-2012, 11:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSlpjyzkPA&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvfFDVToX8&feature=plcp

Sprite
07-19-2012, 11:31 AM
You keep saying "oh I'm gonna die even with root cause a wiz on their side will kill me from a distance" - but that's not the point lol. You assume that other people on your nation won't be by you either. If youre a fb, or any class for that matter and dive solo into a cap/ proc mob with fbs and ranged classes you're going to die regardless. Also, fbs are the ones who turn wars with their field root, foe, and 2 amazing bms. Try and prove me wrong

TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer
07-19-2012, 11:41 AM
its good to see that they are actively working towards a better gaming experience, as for the fb situation;yes root is overpowered. they counters for root are useless unless u use em before u get rooted where anyone with a brain would see that ur using II and not root. root neeeds a higher cooldown and shorter duration. I cant even count how many times ive been triple rooted (root FOE and root again) thats 60 seconds of i cant move. Thats wayy too much.

BamOwnage
07-19-2012, 11:45 AM
One root can change the entire war

Curse dodge, curse remove, intuition. Yeah, no counters whatsoever.

Hell, if root is so OP, why did EST get rid of storm guardians?

They got rid of it because it could be uneven maybe? Also they got rid of it because of the new tier change

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 11:49 AM
You keep saying "oh I'm gonna die even with root cause a wiz on their side will kill me from a distance" - but that's not the point lol. You assume that other people on your nation won't be by you either. If youre a fb, or any class for that matter and dive solo into a cap/ proc mob with fbs and ranged classes you're going to die regardless. Also, fbs are the ones who turn wars with their field root, foe, and 2 amazing bms. Try and prove me wrong
I won't try proving you wrong because what you said is exacatly what I think FBs were made for. Crowd control and pk/pvp.

ForumHavoc
07-19-2012, 11:50 AM
I just don't like that fact that when FB misses root due to honor title/bringer/buff/pot root does not go into cool down.

Also they should increase the cast time of root a few seconds so I can watch fb get wrecked while they are rooting.

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I just don't like that fact that when FB misses root due to honor title/bringer/buff/pot root does not go into cool down.

Also they should increase the cast time of root a few seconds so I can watch fb get wrecked while they are rooting.
FB wastes time to recast root. Anyway back in ep2 root went in ct even when it missed.
I doubt they gonna change it back. Anyway for now it's all speculations, we'll see in around 1-2 months when test patch notes should come out. I'm sure devs are aware of the fact root is considered OP from most cabal players.

BamOwnage
07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
FB wastes time to recast root. Anyway back in ep2 root went in ct even when it missed.
I doubt they gonna change it back. Anyway for now it's all speculations, we'll see in around 1-2 months when test patch notes should come out. I'm sure devs are aware of the fact root is considered OP from most cabal players.

You could just FK to get in range again and cast it again. Because realistically it is a really low chance for root to be avoided unless they have those flawless pots

NewEra
07-19-2012, 12:06 PM
WHYYYYYY their gonna remove stacking fire ice and lighting blade and they will have different effects...that means we gonna have less rate, also it means we gonna need to change our weapons QQQQQQQ means people who has +15 40cd blades+crystals... will quit or change weapons=wasting alz.

EvilAi
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
so FB blade buffs gonna get removed?...kay....

B> 15/24 Sig FB helm

BamOwnage
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
When Wizards got nerfed like a bunch of times before everyone was like, "ah omg why you wiztarts complaining for you are too OP etc. etc. etc." now FB is getting nerfed you guys are like super complaining and like lobbying to stop it. Work around and live with it, you still have the strongest BM1 for war anyways and them OP debuffs. Panic may be better than hard luck, but I can't constantly spam Panic. Bears, cats, and II? sheez every 5 minutes I could use it, everything in between I'm kind of toast o.o

07-19-2012, 12:25 PM
XD all of this MIGHT happen and even if it does dont expect it till spring 2013, so Fbs stop the panick atack. Im more worried about the stances healer,tank,dealer im very curios about them.

Berserk_Fury
07-19-2012, 12:44 PM
When Wizards got nerfed like a bunch of times before everyone was like, "ah omg why you wiztarts complaining for you are too OP etc. etc. etc." now FB is getting nerfed you guys are like super complaining and like lobbying to stop it. Work around and live with it, you still have the strongest BM1 for war anyways and them OP debuffs. Panic may be better than hard luck, but I can't constantly spam Panic. Bears, cats, and II? sheez every 5 minutes I could use it, everything in between I'm kind of toast o.o

But you have to remember that debuffs aren't as easy to use as shorts. With shorts you can cast them before going into battle and they last the whole duration no matter how many targets you go through. With debuffs only the targets initially affected count, and if you switch targets, no more effect.

Anyway, as I've been trying to say, FB's debuffs are what the class is all about. If you want root/hard luck/darkness gone from pvp, then take away WA shorts and stupid high default stats; wiz range and blink; fa range, heals, aos; fs shadow shield and aod; blader intuition, ii, and other shorts. Then we'll all be doing the same exact thing. I know that's stupid, and would destroy the game, but that's what your ideas are sounding to me like right now.

Nozomi
07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
But you have to remember that debuffs aren't as easy to use as shorts. With shorts you can cast them before going into battle and they last the whole duration no matter how many targets you go through. With debuffs only the targets initially affected count, and if you switch targets, no more effect.

Anyway, as I've been trying to say, FB's debuffs are what the class is all about. If you want root/hard luck/darkness gone from pvp, then take away WA shorts and stupid high default stats; wiz range and blink; fa range, heals, aos; fs shadow shield and aod; blader intuition, ii, and other shorts. Then we'll all be doing the same exact thing. I know that's stupid, and would destroy the game, but that's what your ideas are sounding to me like right now.
Let's not forget decreasing root duration, or increasing its casting time, or both, would almost destroy FB pve-wise too.
Have fun with tyrant running around...

NiteFalcon
07-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Let's not forget decreasing root duration, or increasing its casting time, or both, would almost destroy FB pve-wise too.
Have fun with tyrant running around...

LOL seriously? tyrant?

plzbuffme
07-19-2012, 01:41 PM
what you mean fb dont have any short buffs?

hard luck = +10% crit rate and +20% cdi, right? lol
and field of enervation = +12 levels hahaha

Cathy
07-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Okay. After Episode 10, all 6 classes are gonna be a lot stronger than they are now.

So. Let's all stop arguing about how over/under-powered FB is/will be.

NewEra
07-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Its not the class that is under or overpowered its the player, example: i use full osm +9/11/10 and i do fine in MO and ft2 O_o,and i don't mind giving up 20% rate for let's say if they give us 150 more attack i'd like that...15/24 sig helm...=200+ cd... so this update thingy is not so bad...think of the positive .

EvilAi
07-19-2012, 02:08 PM
WA still OP....with 14amp/80cdi forcy GS+15

B>15/24 sig FB helm for blade buffs removing <3

Berserk_Fury
07-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Okay. After Episode 10, all 6 classes are gonna be a lot stronger than they are now.

So. Let's all stop arguing about how over/under-powered FB is/will be.

Unless they're going to seriously beef up lightning blade or introduce another buff that is like the 3 blades stacked, I find it hard to see how FB could get a lot stronger. Also the way they made it sound it's quite possible that none of the classes will get stronger, just weaker, because they want to make it so class roles are more important (like they mentioned the healing class having low damage).

Cathy
07-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Unless they're going to seriously beef up lightning blade or introduce another buff that is like the 3 blades stacked, I find it hard to see how FB could get a lot stronger. Also the way they made it sound it's quite possible that none of the classes will get stronger, just weaker, because they want to make it so class roles are more important (like they mentioned the healing class having low damage).

They probably will. They're doing a complete buff and skill overhaul.

And the Healing/Tanking/Dealing stances will probably be facking amazing considering they all come with their own unique shorts, usable only in that stance. If FB loses Attack or Rate from loss of blade buffs, I'm sure they'll gain something else. And it'll be just the same for all of the classes. And either way, they're probably all gonna be gaining three times as much damage as they're losing from the Dealing Stance.

Idk about you but thats the interpretation that I got from this

http://forum.cabalonline.com/entry.php?102-Interview-with-the-Developers-%287-amp-8%29

Remember how people thought bm3 was gonna ? ~_~

If FB gets nerfed, we'll all get nerfed, but in a way that we don't lose any stats. If anything, they'll just make maps/bosses/dungeons harder for us by changing damage calculation/attack pattern. As stated in the interview.

07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
I really hope we can pick our stances, imagine tank stance wiz lol dealer fa now those 2 might b worth rageing about.

Cathy
07-19-2012, 02:29 PM
I really hope we can pick our stances, imagine tank stance wiz lol dealer fa now those 2 might b worth rageing about.

"[Unique STATS / Stance]
The addition of 2 Unique STATS per each battle style is under consideration except STR, DEX, INT. These Unique STATS are related to new system “Stance” and the role of battle style will be changed according to what kinds of Stance character has.

Till now, CABAL online has no border line for Healing/Tanking/Dealing roles due to the fact that each play styles has been constructed based on
single play.

And there are no hard rules for CABAL contents development so we’ve not tried to fixate the future CABAL contents on stereotypical formula,
for example, Healer is weak for Damage but it is good at Healing likes other MMORPG.

For this reason, we intend our user to choose between the 2 kinds of different battle style role by Stance system as an kinds of intermediate
step."

It'll probably be set up in such a way that each class will be good at 2 of the stances and bad at one of them (or can only use 2).

Or

Each class will have 2 available stances and you get to pick one.

BamOwnage
07-19-2012, 03:58 PM
If they introduce Healer/Tank/Damage role it feels like I'm playing DCUO again o.o

We're saying the cool down for FB debuff is insane compared to shorts. Yeah, we can last through the battle and hop from one person to another, but we have to wait at least another minute and a half (so I can reference you t4-5 players) to use say bloody, WI self buff, BL buff, and another 3 and a half minute for all the party buff. FB has an advantage.

We aren't asking for FB debuff to be gone completely, we're saying that they should just reduce the duration for root or just increase the cool down.

EDIT: Double posted

EvilAi
07-19-2012, 04:05 PM
"too much QQing, im out of here."

Lute
07-19-2012, 04:16 PM
FB root IS OP but it's not just because the skill/effect itself is OP. The main reason is because it's only a SINGLE class that has it and they have 2 different ones (which you can't say you've never rooted then field rooted the same person) and only 2 (3 technically) classes have anything close to a counter to it. This is to completely ignore the fact that as far as I'm concerned root is "broken" in war. I've been rooted through 100% resist potions so tell me that's "suppose" to happen. Root would not be a pain if it didn't instant cool-down when you miss in war. I don't really mind root in 1v1 pvp because while it is strong, running away while the other person is rooted isn't nearly as big of a deal there as it is in war. How many wars does the average person spend 5-10 minutes rooted in and unable to play at all? It takes you an extra second to "recast" that debuff when it fails but this basically makes all resist pointless leaving only really the FA remove useable except then another FB can root you or the FB can field root you. You don't see classes able to recast any other buffs when they miss or when they use a short and then there's nobody to attack because they aren't near you, you waste it and wait for it to be up again.

Aside from this imo the biggest problem with root is that only one class has it and only 3 classes have anything to do against it. (intuition is not a solution because combo and crits negate any flee rate or defense rate) In other MMOs like AION that have "similar" mechanics like root or fear or blind or silence, first off blind and silence only effect certain skills/enemies. Fear is a pain and everyone on those games also considers it OP in many ways but even then AoE fear moves all the hit enemies away from the caster at least making them work for the kills, plus SM with fear/silence and root is the squishiest class in the game arguable and you can't say the same thing about FB at all. All of those debuffs aside fear can also be removed by potions which are commonly available in game for everyone not any specific class. And the potion has a cooldown yes but the debuff doesn't come up again when the opponent uses their potion. Not to mention that almost all these debuffs in AION for example are much shorter duration than root in cabal but also some of them are available to every class in the game in one form or another. I wouldn't mind root at all if I you want to give root or silence or fear or blind to every other class in the game as well. Then everyone has a fair chance of using them in pvp situations.

As far as the blade buffs not stacking, you can get sharpness and other party buffs to somewhat compensate that like every other class already does. Plus we don't really have any idea how they're going to go about changing them or other buffs but it's clear they intend to change around how a LOT of stats work like is mentioned with atk/def rate and that alone will probably cause many people to change gear along with stances so it won't JUST be FB. It seems they might be trying to make the game less focused on crit rate as the main source of increased damage which imo seems fair.

Even if FBs are complaining about possibly having to change gear cause of a nerf to their rate....this def/def rate/atk rate changes might make other classes have to as well. For starters if atk rate vs def rate = "block" as a chance then wizards or anyone who uses lower-tier weapons and can still do reasonably with them is going to be boned and will be likely forced to upgrade simply due to that change while likely losing dps due to lack of better available high end gear with the same stats.

As a wizard I personally have to comment that we've been nerfed out the ass over and over again so nobody else can really whine. Many other classes got buffs added etc while wizard never did and you never saw anyone but us complain about it. SP nerf, bm2 nerf, cannon nerf etc etc etc. Not to mention already the lowest stat boost at rank up and the only class without SOME kind of inate rate boost. I'll take having a single rate/cd/attack/matk boosting buff any day. I don't need 3 to stack. I'd be more than happy with one at all. Lets make it so you can only stack 1 blade buff but you can cast it on other people!!!!1112!!!

tl:dr
This is all still in testing and they're not going to do it unless they actually get positive responses so lets not just assume no FBs will voice any opinion if there's problems.
They're changing all the stats so who knows if this will even effectively matter or how it will.
Root if OP because only one class has it and not every class has an effective answer for it imo, give everyone an equal debuff and answer if you want to call it "fair"
Wiz wtb> rate buff/rate on skills/decent bm1/anything that's not a nerf
FB MIIIIGHT have to get their rate "fairly" like every other class does (Aside FS, nerf their rate buff while you're at it) even though rate might be less of an OP stat after this update anyway and FB would still have a huge group of passive buffs and the best constant debuffs in the game.

WALL OF TEXT. NONE SHALL PASS

PS. B> 180+ BL......DID YOU PEOPLE READ THAT CRAP? Better + shorter cooldown intuition? Def rate actually matters? DA EFF BLADERS

07-19-2012, 04:25 PM
"[Unique STATS / Stance]
The addition of 2 Unique STATS per each battle style is under consideration except STR, DEX, INT. These Unique STATS are related to new system “Stance” and the role of battle style will be changed according to what kinds of Stance character has.

Till now, CABAL online has no border line for Healing/Tanking/Dealing roles due to the fact that each play styles has been constructed based on
single play.

And there are no hard rules for CABAL contents development so we’ve not tried to fixate the future CABAL contents on stereotypical formula,
for example, Healer is weak for Damage but it is good at Healing likes other MMORPG.

For this reason, we intend our user to choose between the 2 kinds of different battle style role by Stance system as an kinds of intermediate
step."

It'll probably be set up in such a way that each class will be good at 2 of the stances and bad at one of them (or can only use 2).

Or

Each class will have 2 available stances and you get to pick one.

I see, well considering everybody loves dmg If everyone chooses dealer (for example) and well all just gain atak things wont be any diffrent (IMO). Hopefully healer and tank are good enough to make people choose em.

Giantaco
07-19-2012, 04:38 PM
way 2 ruin FB ftw

Andrea
07-19-2012, 05:29 PM

if u remove all debuffs (shorts that are meant to weaken foes) and just leave the regular buffs (yeah even shorts that are meant to strengthen oneself but with useless duration), fb would be the trashiest class, imo.

So understand the apprehension of the fb's out there.

NewEra
07-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I like what Lute says, but f u ccccc kkkkkskk what makes a fb a fb? debuffs unique in its ways.............................................. . nuff said, i don't mind losing 20% rate for let's say 175 attack and 15%CD more O_O other than that SMH SMD

Cathy
07-19-2012, 05:56 PM
If people think ep 10 won't make FB stronger, let me ask this

If you had to give up fire blade to have bm3, would you do it?

NewEra
07-19-2012, 06:31 PM
If people think ep 10 won't make FB stronger, let me ask this

If you had to give up fire blade to have bm3, would you do it?

You make an interesting point here..

my answer is yes i would...

What you're trying to say is, would you give up ice and fire for something greater?

Lucifer
07-19-2012, 06:53 PM
LOL seriously? tyrant?
xD I <3 ur siggy!

DGU4RDI4N
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
watch all this sig event b nothing later on lol

Lucifer
07-19-2012, 07:14 PM
watch all this sig event b nothing later on lol
Free SIG event in 2020! YAY! :O

plzbuffme
07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
you didnt hear? sigmetal is the new osm of 2010...

Lucifer
07-19-2012, 09:02 PM
xD yesh I have heard

Nozomi
07-20-2012, 03:01 AM
LOL seriously? tyrant?
Seriously have you ever tried ft2 duo/solo as FB? Or done a normal FT2 run with an average party? Or you're just used to play with your imba party?

Root is what saves your life and boost your dps. Even toma in his trio vid had to use flee pot, and they were trio. Now imagine having to tank it for, let's say, 60 whole seconds without flee pot and without root because someone would want it to be nerfed. You can't. Same for ispita. Root+darkness and she won't hit at all. Really I'm starting to think we do not play same game at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSlpjyzkPA&feature=plcp

2:10, tyrant runs to the WI.
Wooo. seriously, no way O_o

In a duo run the WI must not be hited at all, or ask directly to LaRazz what would be of him if he had to tank tyrant.

NiteFalcon
07-20-2012, 07:00 AM
yea you right, no one will ever be able to duo/trio ft2 again if root was nerfed (because "nerf" implies the skill is deleted completely according to retard logic). Its such a critical skill which "boosts your dps". yea its impossible to kite a boss as a ranged class. survival capabilities drop to 0 without root. yea its impossible.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/cdw95tt/Forum%20Messages/dear_god_please_make_it_stop.jpg

Lute
07-20-2012, 08:14 AM
root being needed for tyrant is the dumbest argument I've ever read.

First off yes it helps sometimes but 90% of the time tyrant/ispita/whatever boss totally ignores root and walks through it like the big bad honey badger they are and just doesn't care at all about your root. As a wizard if you can't move out of the way of tyrant when it isn't rooted you're doing it wrong. Honestly while when we do tyrant with an FB we do usually root it, it's not really worth the time lost from the FB dpsing to debuff it for what little it usually does. If you can't kill tyrant without root you probably shouldn't bother running ft2

Cathy
07-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Root isn't necessary, but it definitely helps a lot. Especially for FA who get agro while they're in Art of Sniping >:

SouthWind
07-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Seriously remove root so turco cant spam it like a nub

Davynelord
07-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Overall, half of what they are doing sounds unnecessary to me....Cabal is already a great game and just need a few minor tweaks, adjustments and continue to addon content.....but when a company starts talking about a complete overhaul of core game mechanics...well first thing that will always come to mind is Star Wars Galaxies....just bad bad bad idea to change a games total way of functioning in an attempt to make it better....might as well just make a new game (or just put that stuff in cabal 2).

Berserk_Fury
07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Overall, half of what they are doing sounds unnecessary to me....Cabal is already a great game and just need a few minor tweaks, adjustments and continue to addon content.....but when a company starts talking about a complete overhaul of core game mechanics...well first thing that will always come to mind is Star Wars Galaxies....just bad bad bad idea to change a games total way of functioning in an attempt to make it better....might as well just make a new game (or just put that stuff in cabal 2).

The way I see it they're trying to make it similar to cabal 2 so that more people transfer over.

NewEra
07-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Bring on the changes as long as we get our attack back...

Sprite
07-20-2012, 10:45 PM
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0wQ9Z83vrgb

BamOwnage
07-20-2012, 11:26 PM

If only wizards said that...jesus can't enjoy a nerf FBs?

NewEra
07-21-2012, 02:22 AM
If only wizards said that...jesus can't enjoy a nerf FBs?

No such think as being nerfed,because every time they change something we always find a way to counter it. and since fb wasn't able to tank maybe just maybe it will now... oh and btw remove ice and fire keep lighting +7/40 helm 7/40 xtal= my name rate again boooyaaa

Spamzor
07-21-2012, 01:54 PM
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xZFGXpUUJh

ColdFire
07-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Seriously remove root so turco cant spam it like a nub
truth

Lute
07-21-2012, 02:38 PM
No such think as being nerfed,because every time they change something we always find a way to counter it. and since fb wasn't able to tank maybe just maybe it will now... oh and btw remove ice and fire keep lighting +7/40 helm 7/40 xtal= my name rate again boooyaaa

What do you call the cd timer on sp buff? What do you call the 30% + decrease in damage in wizard bm2 in pvp? EST doesn't always increase one thing just because they nerf another. Just because it has only ever been wizards that have been nerfed doesn't mean they don't know how to nerf any other class or that they never will.

ColdFire
07-21-2012, 02:48 PM
What do you call the cd timer on sp buff? What do you call the 30% + decrease in damage in wizard bm2 in pvp? EST doesn't always increase one thing just because they nerf another. Just because it has only ever been wizards that have been nerfed doesn't mean they don't know how to nerf any other class or that they never will.
every class has been nerfed at least once before lol.

ForumHavoc
07-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Almost every major update has been annoying for a wizard.

Put a CD timer on SP.
Reduce the dmg of Bm2 in pvp.
Make everyone almost as fast as a Wi with fade to cursor.
Give the lowest defense, lowest hp class in the game an average DPSing Bm3.

Might be small but annoying nonetheless.

Next update I can see everyone getting better BM2s 'cept wizards. The trend of updates don't lie.

Spamzor
07-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Almost every major update has been annoying for a wizard.

Put a CD timer on SP.
Reduce the dmg of Bm2 in pvp.
Make everyone almost as fast as a Wi with fade to cursor.
Give the lowest defense, lowest hp class in the game an average DPSing Bm3.

Might be small but annoying nonetheless.

Next update I can see everyone getting better BM2s 'cept wizards. The trend of updates don't lie.

Lets not forget to mention the lack of at least one orange or non orange multi hitting active skill

Right now in pvp Wizards still can't stand up to a Warrior or FS with same gears its just ridiculous
To me the best thing that happened for wizards was ....oh wait.............NOTHING GOOD happened for Wiz except the auto attack assisting BM2 -.-

plzbuffme
07-21-2012, 06:42 PM
they should nerf wiz's amp buff >:o

Spamzor
07-21-2012, 07:09 PM
they should nerf wiz's amp buff >:o

don't make me murder u in ur sleep =_=

07-21-2012, 07:31 PM
The rage is real.

NewEra
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
You guys fail to see the real logic here, it doesn't matter if they nerf your class, its how you decide to use it O_O

Lute
07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
every class has been nerfed at least once before lol.

Really? Any single example that isn't a wizard?

FB got a better bm2 when they had the absolute worst one ever.
FS got a new buff giving them more atk
FS got a better bm2 (the mechanics changed if you didn't know)
FS at least, not sure if any others, got increased stats from their rank ups
FA got their astral weapons improved as did FS
FB with their completely intended instant cooldown on root in nation war

Those are the major buffs I know off the top of my head that I remember, and where are these nerfs to any other class aside wizard?

You guys fail to see the real logic here, it doesn't matter if they nerf your class, its how you decide to use it O_O

How you use it? Try having all your damage in your bm2 be nerfed in every pvp situation and tell me a way to not have to just straight up deal with it.

NiteFalcon
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
WA's have been nerfed steadily too but you don't see me QQ'ing about it. WA and WI have very strong kits so nerfs have been warranted. and right now, FB deserves to be next.

NewEra
07-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Really? Any single example that isn't a wizard?

FB got a better bm2 when they had the absolute worst one ever.
FS got a new buff giving them more atk
FS got a better bm2 (the mechanics changed if you didn't know)
FS at least, not sure if any others, got increased stats from their rank ups
FA got their astral weapons improved as did FS
FB with their completely intended instant cooldown on root in nation war

Those are the major buffs I know off the top of my head that I remember, and where are these nerfs to any other class aside wizard?

How you use it? Try having all your damage in your bm2 be nerfed in every pvp situation and tell me a way to not have to just straight up deal with it.

There is always a reason, and a way to change things.

but i say bring on this update thingy

Lute
07-21-2012, 09:47 PM
WA's have been nerfed steadily too but you don't see me QQ'ing about it. WA and WI have very strong kits so nerfs have been warranted. and right now, FB deserves to be next.

When/how have WA been nerfed at all? Not saying it hasn't happened but I didn't know if it did.

Until someone says an actual example you're all saying you got nerfed with no actual example.

And there's not always a way to change things. When your damage is straight up % nerfed down you can't just use different skills or something.

All things said I still want this update and look forward to it.

Sprite
07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
When/how have WA been nerfed at all? Not saying it hasn't happened but I didn't know if it did.

Until someone says an actual example you're all saying you got nerfed with no actual example.

And there's not always a way to change things. When your damage is straight up % nerfed down you can't just use different skills or something.

wa bm3 is the worst sht ever, can't even solo pluma as well as bm2 :(

BamOwnage
07-21-2012, 11:23 PM

You are a major hypocrite! So when your class is targeted by an update and it's a nerf you have to lobby to stop it or at least make some kind of compensation? You're so ignorant and I quoted your previous posts to show what kind of dumb hypocrite you are

I don't wanna change my weaps from 40cd+15 to 7/40 or 7/34 what a waste of alz >.> i say remove wind movement or aqua vitality

Well I guess that's too bad isn't it, you'll just have to deal with it

WHYYYYYY their gonna remove stacking fire ice and lighting blade and they will have different effects...that means we gonna have less rate, also it means we gonna need to change our weapons QQQQQQQ means people who has +15 40cd blades+crystals... will quit or change weapons=wasting alz.

Warriors can barely change their weapons at least every other class you can have a bit more flexibility on your weapons. Yeah we may use less cores and slot extenders, but we rarely ever change our weapons and we can't be bumba with his daik. We pretty much have to aim for that 80% DMG or else we lose a lot more than other classes, at least with your skills you can debuff your opponent with the exception of Assassinate. If you call BS on me with that you don't even know your own class.

Its not the class that is under or overpowered its the player, example: i use full osm +9/11/10 and i do fine in MO and ft2 O_o,and i don't mind giving up 20% rate for let's say if they give us 150 more attack i'd like that...15/24 sig helm...=200+ cd... so this update thingy is not so bad...think of the positive .

Why would they give you 150 more attack "it doesn't matter if they nerf your class, it's how you decide to use it"

I like what Lute says, but f u ccccc kkkkkskk what makes a fb a fb? debuffs unique in its ways.............................................. . nuff said, i don't mind losing 20% rate for let's say 175 attack and 15%CD more O_O other than that SMH SMD

Wow you are getting a bit greedy aren't you. Don't understand a nerf? Doesn't mean they kill off something and give you something better in return. Think of nerf football or guns. If you tell me a nerf gun or football is like a real one then you clearly don't know what the hell you are talking about

"It doesn't matter if they nerf your class, it's how you use it"

Honestly how do you counter the SP cool down timer? How do you counter the wizards BM2 damage reduced in pvp? HOW CAN A FB NOT TANK? FB has the best BM1 out there. They have a hell lot of more HP, Defense, and Attack than all the other classes. Oh are you so concerned about losing rate and damage going into BM1? Then don't go into it or change your rings around. Jesus mang what you're asking for is totally stupid. It's like playing a slot machine in a casino, you put a dollar in and if you lose you get 80 cents back. How the hell are you thinking? You're contradicting yourself there is probably a reason why they remove blade buffs anyways.

loma4eva
07-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Omg ppl Hate on FB so much O.o...FB got Avg. Def...Avg. attack...Avg. HP since it's suppose 2 be a hybrid Character...FB got no single short buff n now Da only advantage for FB is Crit Rate n Debuffs..on the other hand all of da other chars got Shorts n even most of dem can evade FB main debuff which is root...Da Update says Lightin ,ice and fire blade won't be stackable n they'll have different effects so we'll just wait n see what will they bring on...they didn't say they'll remove root so stop QQing about FB Rootin U..For Wi stop dashin n blinkin everywhere n I won't root u ...For fa Get closer 2 me n stop healin n i won't root u ...For FS don't Use AOD n i won't root u...For Wa don't use Cat recovery n bear vitality n I won't root u ...for Bl don't use intuition and I won't root u ..for FB don't root me n i won't root u LMAO =D =D ...come on ppl root is awesome n it's a good way 2 escape..every char got its own way 2 escape ...n every char got somethin that makes it special ..Root FTW!!!! =D =D

NiteFalcon
07-22-2012, 12:11 AM

just off the top of my head:
-WA got probably the worst new transcender skill of all the classes with sword quake
-HP in gear update hurt WA the most. why? because if you look at hp as far as percentages, WA HP percentage advantage went away. Sure our Raw HP is still the highest, but by the percentages every other class got closer to WA's
-the easiest one to see is that WA BM3 is dookie

Deathlymonkey
07-22-2012, 04:34 AM
-WA got probably the worst new transcender skill of all the classes with sword quake
-HP in gear update hurt WA the most. why? because if you look at hp as far as percentages, WA HP percentage advantage went away. Sure our Raw HP is still the highest, but by the percentages every other class got closer to WA's

We have to agree to what you just said, but let's not forget the new hp boost in war helped warriors the most.

Spamzor
07-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Omg ppl Hate on FB so much O.o...FB got Avg. Def...Avg. attack...Avg. HP since it's suppose 2 be a hybrid Character...FB got no single short buff n now Da only advantage for FB is Crit Rate n Debuffs..on the other hand all of da other chars got Shorts n even most of dem can evade FB main debuff which is root...Da Update says Lightin ,ice and fire blade won't be stackable n they'll have different effects so we'll just wait n see what will they bring on...they didn't say they'll remove root so stop QQing about FB Rootin U..For Wi stop dashin n blinkin everywhere n I won't root u ...For fa Get closer 2 me n stop healin n i won't root u ...For FS don't Use AOD n i won't root u...For Wa don't use Cat recovery n bear vitality n I won't root u ...for Bl don't use intuition and I won't root u ..for FB don't root me n i won't root u LMAO =D =D ...come on ppl root is awesome n it's a good way 2 escape..every char got its own way 2 escape ...n every char got somethin that makes it special ..Root FTW!!!! =D =D

You just proved how much of a no skill nub Fb u are, that I've been seeing in War .. root and run ...rooting me when i have 10% hp left....seriously? Root is special skill that should be used in SPECIAL situations but cabal lets u idiots spam it so much that its just an annoying thing to EVERYONE else n then makes it more OPed and Unfair to all other classes, if root had a cool down it should at least be applied the same 3 - 5min CD in Nation War.

plzbuffme
07-22-2012, 07:48 AM
http://s15.postimage.org/4unrrxdnd/Untitled_1.jpg

Berserk_Fury
07-22-2012, 07:54 AM

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4678/koastiebratttrolledaran.jpg

A nerf is taking away something you already had. Getting the worst out of the new things isn't a nerf, since there always has to be a worst out there.

NiteFalcon
07-22-2012, 08:48 AM
a nerf is any changes that make a class/player/race/champion/etc "weaker" in terms of the meta game. what u are referring to are "DIRECT NERFS". the things I have referred to are indirect nerfs, but are nerfs regardless

Berserk_Fury
07-22-2012, 08:59 AM
a nerf is any changes that make a class/player/race/champion/etc "weaker" in terms of the meta game. what u are referring to are "DIRECT NERFS". the things I have referred to are indirect nerfs, but are nerfs regardless

You're still wrong though, because WA never got weaker. Your new skills still made you stronger, just not as much stronger as the skills other classes got.

NiteFalcon
07-22-2012, 09:38 AM
and thats the point. clearly you don't know what meta game means

ForumHavoc
07-22-2012, 10:26 AM
I know what a meta knight is.

Berserk_Fury
07-22-2012, 10:46 AM
and thats the point. clearly you don't know what meta game means

Please do explain how the term meta game fits in here.

Nozomi
07-22-2012, 11:04 AM
You just proved how much of a no skill nub Fb u are, that I've been seeing in War .. root and run ...rooting me when i have 10% hp left....seriously? Root is special skill that should be used in SPECIAL situations but cabal lets u idiots spam it so much that its just an annoying thing to EVERYONE else n then makes it more OPed and Unfair to all other classes, if root had a cool down it should at least be applied the same 3 - 5min CD in Nation War.
and increase foexe and foene CD to 10 or 20min, np.
It would be much more logic to add 10% root resist to resist intension, or add some resist unmove rune. That, coupled with high honour rank, would give every class a fair chance to avoid root regardless of II. Better than taking away FB's main debuff.

Anyway there is no nub or fairness in nation war, it's nation vs nation, not man vs man. If running is for nubs why do you care if they root you? You don't need to run, do you? Root helps you to stand up and fight like a true man! ;p

NiteFalcon
07-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Please do explain how the term meta game fits in here.

meta game in a very simple definition is "The highest level of strategy in many complex games". In cabal the meta game is pretty stable. BM3 is the primary source of dmg, bm2 or bm1 for other classes. yada yada. what level we set our skills at, what skill order we use, how we play against other classes as your own class. these are all elements of the meta game, and the meta game in Cabal is pretty standard with little room for variation.

now in terms of the meta game, with each update the meta game shifts, for example when BM3 was introduced. The perspective you are using is that the introduction of BM3 made every class stronger, and it is a buff across the board. This methodology of thinking is not incorrect, HOWEVER, the meta game that is imposed on the game as a result of the introduction of BM3 tells a different story. In terms of competitive balance and the meta game there is a clear discrepancy in the strength of certain classes BM3's. You can look at it from 2 different perspectives. You can say that the classes that got the strongest BM3's got buffed, or you can say that the classes that received the weakest BM3's got nerfed. Either way of stating it is correct, however buffing and nerfing are not necessarily mutually exclusive. A buff to one class CAN be a nerf to another, and vice versa.

some examples to think about:
-lets say they adjusted instant immunity such that its duration is half as long. This is a DIRECT nerf for WA and BL, and an INDIRECT buff for FB.
-lets say that every class was given Blink. This is a DIRECT buff to the mobility to every class except WI, and an INDIRECT nerf to WI because now every other class has equivalent mobility to them. mobility is an element of the meta game and WI has the highest mobility. This element would be removed thus removing an advantage from WI and removing a disadvantage for every other class.

back to the original point with BM3, by adding a discrepancy to the most potent BM in the game, EST has introduced apparant buffs to some classes and apparant nerfs to other classes. This is viewing it from a COMPETITIVE BALANCE standpoint, aka, the meta game.

P.S.: Nerf: "In video gaming a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the desirability or effectiveness of a particular game element. The term is also used as a verb for the act of making such a change.[1][2] The opposite of nerf is buff."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf_%28video_gaming%29

nerfs and buffs DO NOT have to be discrete quantitative changes to a kit for a particular game element.

plzbuffme
07-22-2012, 12:47 PM
game over, wikipedia has been cited

Berserk_Fury
07-22-2012, 01:02 PM
meta game in a very simple definition is "The highest level of strategy in many complex games". In cabal the meta game is pretty stable. BM3 is the primary source of dmg, bm2 or bm1 for other classes. yada yada. what level we set our skills at, what skill order we use, how we play against other classes as your own class. these are all elements of the meta game, and the meta game in Cabal is pretty standard with little room for variation.

now in terms of the meta game, with each update the meta game shifts, for example when BM3 was introduced. The perspective you are using is that the introduction of BM3 made every class stronger, and it is a buff across the board. This methodology of thinking is not incorrect, HOWEVER, the meta game that is imposed on the game as a result of the introduction of BM3 tells a different story. In terms of competitive balance and the meta game there is a clear discrepancy in the strength of certain classes BM3's. You can look at it from 2 different perspectives. You can say that the classes that got the strongest BM3's got buffed, or you can say that the classes that received the weakest BM3's got nerfed. Either way of stating it is correct, however buffing and nerfing are not necessarily mutually exclusive. A buff to one class CAN be a nerf to another, and vice versa.

some examples to think about:
-lets say they adjusted instant immunity such that its duration is half as long. This is a DIRECT nerf for WA and BL, and an INDIRECT buff for FB.
-lets say that every class was given Blink. This is a DIRECT buff to the mobility to every class except WI, and an INDIRECT nerf to WI because now every other class has equivalent mobility to them. mobility is an element of the meta game and WI has the highest mobility. This element would be removed thus removing an advantage from WI and removing a disadvantage for every other class.

back to the original point with BM3, by adding a discrepancy to the most potent BM in the game, EST has introduced apparant buffs to some classes and apparant nerfs to other classes. This is viewing it from a COMPETITIVE BALANCE standpoint, aka, the meta game.

P.S.: Nerf: "In video gaming a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the desirability or effectiveness of a particular game element. The term is also used as a verb for the act of making such a change.[1][2] The opposite of nerf is buff."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf_%28video_gaming%29

nerfs and buffs DO NOT have to be discrete quantitative changes to a kit for a particular game element.

So basically in your view every time any class other than yours gets buffed, your class gets nerfed?

NiteFalcon
07-22-2012, 01:58 PM
when did I say everytime? there are plenty of times where buffs/nerfs do not affect the meta at all.

wow, truly cannot fix stupid, why do I even try

Lute
07-22-2012, 06:17 PM
It's long been known that WA has been best in many regards, more HP etc for PVP, good finisher, good bm2, good in war etc while many classes aren't good in all those situations. Just because WA becomes "worse" in the meta doesn't mean it's a "nerf". This was usually done trying to balance the classes overall which in many cases meant buffing classes that were worse which yes indirectly makes WA "worse" in comparison because they aren't still OP but to say that's a real nerf is just really stretching things beyond reason. It's like you're whining that you're use to being OP and so any change to that status and attempt at making the game more balanced and fair for other classes is a nerf because you're not longer simply better in almost every way. Get over yourself. Where was wizard ever the best in pvp that they had to nerf them in pvp? THAT is a nerf and an actual nerf because it's not for the sake of balance in any rational way.

NiteFalcon
07-22-2012, 07:10 PM
whining? lol the main person whining is you. I already said in a previous post that WA and WI have very strong kits so changes in the game that don't help them have been warranted. The biggest direct nerf to WI when EST reduced dmg on their BM2 was absolutely necessary. The dps WI were putting out was obscene.

Where was wizard ever the best in pvp that they had to nerf them in pvp?

pretty much always? PVP is not just duels in BI. WI has been a top 2 Nation War class for as long as the game has been around. They are pretty much the only class with a PVP centric buff in their kit, and a really strong one at that, in SI. That buff alone makes them so powerful in GVG and Warzone settings. All 3 of WI BM's are viable in PVP as well. As far as 1v1 duels is concerned, yes WI did su.ck for the longest time, but after HP updates, and with more resist rate options available, they can actually compete to an extent. Thats literally the only PVP element of the game where they were ever sub par.

despite where this topic has gone, neither WA nor WI deserve any buffs or changes at this time. Despite WA getting the worst BM3, and WI being supposedly "balanced irrationally" in PVP, they are still extremely viable. I'd say they are the 2 most populated classes aside from maybe FB, which brings us back to the point at hand, which is that something needs to be done about FB's overpowering all the other classes, with the only counter to FB being another FB

plzbuffme
07-22-2012, 07:18 PM
back before cabal had completer and higher skill, wizards were for the longest time the top dog in standing pvp.

but im pretty sure none of you cats played during that time...

Cathy
07-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Okay okay okay.

FB, WA, and WI, are all op. And they're all crap at the same time. Errybody happy now? >:

NewEra
07-23-2012, 03:56 AM
This thread is still going on?

its not the class that makes you OP(what ever it means) it's a little something called skill that you can't buy,Am I right?

example:my T5 fb low def high cd=score around 375 if i try really hard..

and a normal T5 FA would just pew pew and not even try gets 400+ how so? O_O and they say fb is to strong stop QQing in your pants and go watch some P$$$ Orn while this blows over.

oh yeah BurningRaven, i'd say remove fb debuff skills make our bm3 better how about that? are you happy now retard? sitting in your little chair QQing about things you funny

plzbuffme
07-23-2012, 04:15 AM
this game really doesnt take much skill, lol. stop glorifying skill. most player who's played for 2 months will be par with the norm, and very very seldom do we get freaks like xi.

i mean really, how much skill do you really need when you...
1. auto combo
2. auto retarget
3. fade to pointer

you can literally play this game with 3 keys if you really wanted to and be almost as good as anyone. out of all the games, cabal for me was the game that took the least amount of skills to play because you literally dont have to think about skill cooldown management at all, in comparison to games like aion where you are constantly buffing shorts in the middle of fights ,casting counter skills while conserving skills, and managing cool downs the entire time.

boredom
07-23-2012, 05:37 AM
. Errybody happy now? >:

NO! I WANT A COOKIE!

p.s. FB is op :)

Spamzor
07-23-2012, 06:47 AM
and increase foexe and foene CD to 10 or 20min, np.
It would be much more logic to add 10% root resist to resist intension, or add some resist unmove rune. That, coupled with high honour rank, would give every class a fair chance to avoid root regardless of II. Better than taking away FB's main debuff.

Anyway there is no nub or fairness in nation war, it's nation vs nation, not man vs man. If running is for nubs why do you care if they root you? You don't need to run, do you? Root helps you to stand up and fight like a true man! ;p

Lololol

Cathy
07-23-2012, 07:07 AM

its not the class that makes you OP(what ever it means) it's a little something called skill that you can't buy,Am I right?

and a normal T5 FA would just pew pew and not even try gets 400+ how so? O_O and they say fb is to strong stop QQing in your pants and go watch some P$$$ Orn while this blows over.

oh yeah BurningRaven, i'd say remove fb debuff skills make our bm3 better how about that? are you happy now retard? sitting in your little chair QQing about things you funny

Like anybody even cares about points ~_~ I afk after 150

BamOwnage
07-23-2012, 09:28 AM

Such a delusional person, you are. FA is so easy to score high in war just BM2 on two med guards or during ensign+gate and go all out there. That's one way. Another is doing the same thing in BM3 except minus the ensign+gate part, that's two. FA skills cast faster than anyone elses, that's three. With the +1 range that FA's get from their Astral Weapon they don't have to be as close as everyone else and have of course the furthest range in BM2/3.

FB BM3>WA BM3. Can't make up your own mind what you want anymore?

07-23-2012, 09:53 AM
I still dont get were WI and WA complaints came from, WI players do have a point but WAs definitely dont lol. That whole metta thing is much too general. Indirect nerf? Who would go that far to complain, WA's should not complain with their one wep to upgrade which has been unfair since the beginning of the game, and they still are top 2-3 class in war pvp and pve lol (considering theres 6 classes top half is not bad). Btw rooot is OP.

xXCrusadeXx
07-23-2012, 09:57 AM
this game really doesnt take much skill, lol. stop glorifying skill. most player who's played for 2 months will be par with the norm, and very very seldom do we get freaks like xi.

i mean really, how much skill do you really need when you...
1. auto combo
2. auto retarget
3. fade to pointer

you can literally play this game with 3 keys if you really wanted to and be almost as good as anyone. out of all the games, cabal for me was the game that took the least amount of skills to play because you literally dont have to think about skill cooldown management at all, in comparison to games like aion where you are constantly buffing shorts in the middle of fights ,casting counter skills while conserving skills, and managing cool downs the entire time.

Not true, at all.

NiteFalcon
07-23-2012, 10:39 AM
lol look at all these BK randy's, coming out of their tier 3 wood-works and talking like they have so much skill.

Raikyrios
07-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Such a delusional person, you are. FA is so easy to score high in war just BM2 on two med guards or during ensign+gate and go all out there. That's one way. Another is doing the same thing in BM3 except minus the ensign+gate part, that's two. FA skills cast faster than anyone elses, that's three. With the +1 range that FA's get from their Astral Weapon they don't have to be as close as everyone else and have of course the furthest range in BM2/3.

FB BM3>WA BM3. Can't make up your own mind what you want anymore?

Go FA :x

Nozomi
08-23-2012, 03:09 AM
Part 9

http://forum.cabalonline.com/entry.php?103-Interview-with-the-Developers-Part-IX

not much though.

godafe
08-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Part 9

http://forum.cabalonline.com/entry.php?103-Interview-with-the-Developers-Part-IX

not much though.

No more relog lol

2kwik
08-23-2012, 11:28 PM
No more relog lol

Don't feel like reading, but if it was talking about that retarded BM3 relog, then good. So pathetic watching people reset BM3 CD in mwar.

godafe
08-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Don't feel like reading, but if it was talking about that retarded BM3 relog, then good. So pathetic watching people reset BM3 CD in mwar.

Nop, it talks about normal relog.