PDA

View Full Version : Degrading Cores

cronic21
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
i think the crafting community could use these a lot. a degrading core etc. something that can decrease the + of an item. u always get about 5 +1-+3 items, compared to 1 +0 item, and only +0 can be used to craft.

i would say make them drop a lil more often than normal cores, but not from bosses..., just normal mobs. these should be cheap and plentiful items.

any crafters agree?

Cathy
07-24-2012, 02:34 PM
We should totally have these. And make the success/fail rate the same as upgrade cores too.

With my luck, I would use a degrade core, fail, and my item's + would go up :>

terror
07-24-2012, 05:52 PM
We should totally have these. And make the success/fail rate the same as upgrade cores too.

Succeed, -1. Regular fail, +/-0. Rare fail, +2/3.

Take a risk! Plus +2/3 your gears with ease! <_<

cronic21
07-25-2012, 10:43 AM

for degrading it should be 100% success, never add + lol

Cathy
07-25-2012, 10:46 AM
for degrading it should be 100% success, never add + lol

Only if we make upgrading 100% success!

Andrea
07-25-2012, 03:18 PM
doesn't the regular core act like that already? lol, from +7 to +0 hehe

Valdoroth
07-25-2012, 03:50 PM
And I totally posted this suggestion almost 2 years ago! :D

but I still agree.

cronic21
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
doesn't the regular core act like that already? lol, from +7 to +0 hehe

cant go under +2 with upgrading cores, but they work great to go from +9 to +2 (even when using enhanced at +9)

Valdoroth
07-26-2012, 04:33 PM
if it fails, it simply is +0. Degradation cores shouldn't be as common as normal cores. I would say about as common as actually getting the +0 slotted items for crafting (you know that more than half of what you get these days is +1 or higher)

mnslayer27
08-11-2012, 07:07 PM
This would be a great help to everyone. Crafters will have more materials available to them, and non-crafters will have more alz at their disposal.

Granted, this coming episode is changing the craft system. If the materials are no longer required to be +0, then the Degradation Core would be unnecessary.

truely false
08-23-2012, 06:07 PM
You all miss what really needs to happen ingame for crafting. Instead you want to add another useless thing/item and required routine when it comes to crafting. Why, Why, Oh why just so you can complain about the fail rate or that the pricing of such an item is to high. People what all that is missing is a better drop rate of +0 slotted items. That is exactly what the game needs better drop rates for some items if not that then better drop rate in some of the map areas. Unfortunately EST will never change the drope rate, Unless. They may change the drop locations but not the rate, Unless. So stop asking for such items and start bugging EST for better drop rates. The more we ask for drop rate and the more people that do ask, the more likely they may listen and actually do something about it...;)

Andrea
08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
says on those approved bargains and discounts in cs http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?33267-Fancy-Character-Change-10-OFF!&p=351068#post351068 so they poll huh?

couldn't they poll the suggestions and see which ones are really sought after, rather than just cosmetics like these? heck even a trivial separate bandana wasn't given any consideration when they released the biker set lol, so would they really listen? no no rephrase that, do they really?

I Killed The Prom Queen
08-25-2012, 01:00 PM

xDDD i can see you u attempting to +15 with them xDDD

cronic21
08-26-2012, 08:02 PM
You all miss what really needs to happen ingame for crafting. Instead you want to add another useless thing/item and required routine when it comes to crafting. Why, Why, Oh why just so you can complain about the fail rate or that the pricing of such an item is to high. People what all that is missing is a better drop rate of +0 slotted items. That is exactly what the game needs better drop rates for some items if not that then better drop rate in some of the map areas. Unfortunately EST will never change the drope rate, Unless. They may change the drop locations but not the rate, Unless. So stop asking for such items and start bugging EST for better drop rates. The more we ask for drop rate and the more people that do ask, the more likely they may listen and actually do something about it...;)

or just make crafting be able to use +ed items..simplest fix..

Valdoroth
08-27-2012, 12:53 AM
and each + = 1% higher chance of it not failing :D

Andrea
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM

no no, u'r digressing from ur time-tested (and u have lots of that i suppose seeing as u drumbeat for EST's business philosophy of making evrything harder, longer, and costlier) premise of NOT making things easier. "Good things come to those who wait" amirite?

Cathy
08-27-2012, 03:40 PM

Yes, sacrifice a +15 item so your craft will have like a 17% chance success :>

BigBoy
08-27-2012, 05:20 PM
i think the crafting community could use these a lot. a degrading core etc. something that can decrease the + of an item. u always get about 5 +1-+3 items, compared to 1 +0 item, and only +0 can be used to craft.

i would say make them drop a lil more often than normal cores, but not from bosses..., just normal mobs. these should be cheap and plentiful items.

any crafters agree?

you need more luck to get your gear from not +ing? /uninstall

cronic21
08-28-2012, 03:56 AM
you need more luck to get your gear from not +ing? /uninstall

my gear? are u lost my child? this is about crafting items.

truely false
08-30-2012, 05:11 PM
or just make crafting be able to use +ed items..simplest fix..

Now your talking! I agree that is the simplest fix but maybe to simple for EST developers if you get my meaning...:p