PDA

View Full Version : you can unbind stuff now o.0????

crushingraid
07-26-2012, 03:57 AM
http://mrwormy.wordpress.com/2012/07/26/ep9-sea-patch-notes-of-arcane-trace-update/

DistroX
07-26-2012, 05:44 AM
dang 500m for the highest one

Deathlymonkey
07-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Looks more like something that allows you to change the class-binding thingy to me

Cathy
07-26-2012, 06:55 AM
500m for an attempt to craft, with 40% success rate...

Bored
07-26-2012, 07:02 AM
500m for an attempt to craft, with 40% success rate...

Seems worth it!

Lute
07-26-2012, 09:13 AM
500m (plus cost of materials) for a 40% success rate craft that then has a 30% chance to unbind +0 gear, 90% to unbind +15 gear.

But then there's the ones that are drops off the mini-boss mobs in the new map during the boss fight that can only be used on +10 and up gear...and unknown success chance AND if you fail it degrades the gear.

godafe
07-26-2012, 09:39 AM
500m (plus cost of materials) for a 40% success rate craft that then has a 30% chance to unbind +0 gear, 90% to unbind +15 gear.

And destroy the item if it fails... seriously? Destroy?

Miniboss drop all the way.

Lute
07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
And destroy the item if it fails... seriously? Destroy?

Miniboss drop all the way.

There is no mention of the item being destroyed if it fails anywhere in the notes that I can find.

Sprite
07-26-2012, 11:36 AM
There is no mention of the item being destroyed if it fails anywhere in the notes that I can find.

http://i48.tinypic.com/am4cow.png

Does that mean the unbinding item or the actual item? :\

Cathy
07-26-2012, 11:37 AM

"B. The item becomes unbinding if using the stone is success, but it will destroy when using it fails
- Success rate depends on the enhanced level
- Success rate of +0 item is 30%, every 4% of success rate goes up by +1 enhancing"

http://i48.tinypic.com/am4cow.png

Does that mean the unbinding item or the actual item? :\

It means the actual item.

The item becomes unbinding if using the stone is success, but it will destroy when using it fails.

It might be easier to read if you swap around the parts of the sentence.

if using the stone is success The item becomes unbinding, but when using it fails it will destroy

ColdFire
07-26-2012, 12:18 PM
thank you nerds

Cathy
07-26-2012, 12:24 PM
thank you nerds

I'm proud that I speak English well :p

Unlike globals.

cronic21
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
looks like a big update, expecially towards crafting. wonder when we will get it

DanteX
07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
thank you nerds
lawl a nerd calling someone else a nerd. are you like special or something? YOU'RE ON A FORUM FOR A FAKN ONLINE GAME YOU ARE A NERD HAVE A GOOD DAY.

cronic21
07-26-2012, 12:49 PM
lawl a nerd calling someone else a nerd. are you like special or something? YOU'RE ON A FORUM FOR A FAKN ONLINE GAME YOU ARE A NERD HAVE A GOOD DAY.

^ ikr? lol find it amusing when ppl try that line.

TurcoX
07-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm proud that I speak English well :p

Unlike globals.

you are still a walking calculator that was brought in a container full of rice and raw dogs from overseas

Lute
07-27-2012, 09:13 PM
"B. The item becomes unbinding if using the stone is success, but it will destroy when using it fails
- Success rate of +0 item is 30%, every 4% of success rate goes up by +1 enhancing"

The item becomes unbinding if using the stone is success, but it will destroy when using it fails.

if using the stone is success The item becomes unbinding, but when using it fails it will destroy

While I see how that grammatically would be the implication it sounds the same as how they've always worded (or rather poorly translated) all the previous notes where it meant that the item used to upgrade/whatever would be destroyed on fail. Cause you know, Korean > English translations are so accurate and always use pronouns properly.

If using the stone is success the item is unbinding, but when using it fails it will destroy. Could also be a way of swapping the sentence around.

Destroy really has no obvious target which is the primary problem. "It will destroy" could mean "It" (the stone) will destroy itself or destroy the item you use it on or "It" could be the attempt of using the stone which will destroy "It" the stone.

The it could also refer to "the stone" in the same sentence easily depending on the translation even if it may night be absolutely correct grammar, I mean we've had more than enough examples of our own English GMs and notes etc improperly worded.

This is actually one reason English pronouns are very tricky with many Asian languages which don't usually actually use pronouns and thus putting them in with translations becomes very confusing.

I'd assume it means the unbind stone will be destroyed until there's more definite word from the source or someone with the actual content, mostly because it seems very unlikely they'd introduce a new way of destroying items after they made such a point of removing it previously.

Cathy
07-27-2012, 10:18 PM
While I see how that grammatically would be the implication it sounds the same as how they've always worded (or rather poorly translated) all the previous notes where it meant that the item used to upgrade/whatever would be destroyed on fail. Cause you know, Korean > English translations are so accurate and always use pronouns properly.

If using the stone is success the item is unbinding, but when using it fails it will destroy. Could also be a way of swapping the sentence around.

Destroy really has no obvious target which is the primary problem. "It will destroy" could mean "It" (the stone) will destroy itself or destroy the item you use it on or "It" could be the attempt of using the stone which will destroy "It" the stone.

The it could also refer to "the stone" in the same sentence easily depending on the translation even if it may night be absolutely correct grammar, I mean we've had more than enough examples of our own English GMs and notes etc improperly worded.

This is actually one reason English pronouns are very tricky with many Asian languages which don't usually actually use pronouns and thus putting them in with translations becomes very confusing.

I'd assume it means the unbind stone will be destroyed until there's more definite word from the source or someone with the actual content, mostly because it seems very unlikely they'd introduce a new way of destroying items after they made such a point of removing it previously.

Assuming the patch notes are using correct English, "it will destroy" refers to the item that could have become unbinding (hence the if/but structure). So it will be the item that you are attempting to unbind.

Grammar aside, I think it makes the most sense game-mechanics-wise, that it would be that anyways. I can't imagine "unbinding stones" being more than one use each, regardless of fail or success. Just like an upgrade core I am sure it will be gone either way.

And the penalty for trying to unbind a character binding item and then failing, makes more sense than just saying the stone will disappear if you failed the 90% success rate. And now you can just try again with a new stone on the same item. And nothing negative happened to the item at all.

imback
07-27-2012, 10:19 PM
wait until the update come than everything is solve lol...........

crushingraid
07-27-2012, 11:48 PM
or you know actually read the patch notes.

"- Gem of Liberation is enable to get from dungeons

D. Enable to get ‘Arcane Golems’s Unbinding Stone’ from the monsters that Arcane Golem of Rage is summoned
- Only can use to the item that enhanced level is above +10
- The item becomes unbinding if using the stone is success, but 1 enhanced level will decrease when using it fails"

Lute
07-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Assuming the patch notes are using correct English, "it will destroy" refers to the item that could have become unbinding (hence the if/but structure). So it will be the item that you are attempting to unbind.

Grammar aside, I think it makes the most sense game-mechanics-wise, that it would be that anyways. I can't imagine "unbinding stones" being more than one use each, regardless of fail or success. Just like an upgrade core I am sure it will be gone either way.

And the penalty for trying to unbind a character binding item and then failing, makes more sense than just saying the stone will disappear if you failed the 90% success rate. And now you can just try again with a new stone on the same item. And nothing negative happened to the item at all.

You realize you're arguing correct English when it's obvious it's not correct English at all.

"is unbinding" "it will destroy" You really want to talk about assuming correct English in the entire article? I think it's pretty obvious that a translated Korean note list isn't going to be correct English, I mean it's hard enough to find a single official Cabal related item anywhere that's correct English.

I think paying hundreds of millions of alz to have nothing happen on fail is a fair downside when the other form of the stones are free and simply degrade the item when they fail.

Crushingraid, there's two forms of the stones. Crafted ones are the ones we're discussing with the unclear downside of either simply breaking the unbind stone or breaking the item as well. Dropped ones are the ones you copied notes about.

Also Cathy while you say that it's obvious the stones will be destroyed when they fail and they wouldn't need to say that, they have said that in previous notes with similar mechanics.

Cathy
07-28-2012, 09:36 AM
You realize you're arguing correct English when it's obvious it's not correct English at all.

"is unbinding" "it will destroy" You really want to talk about assuming correct English in the entire article? I think it's pretty obvious that a translated Korean note list isn't going to be correct English, I mean it's hard enough to find a single official Cabal related item anywhere that's correct English.

I think paying hundreds of millions of alz to have nothing happen on fail is a fair downside when the other form of the stones are free and simply degrade the item when they fail.

Crushingraid, there's two forms of the stones. Crafted ones are the ones we're discussing with the unclear downside of either simply breaking the unbind stone or breaking the item as well. Dropped ones are the ones you copied notes about.

Also Cathy while you say that it's obvious the stones will be destroyed when they fail and they wouldn't need to say that, they have said that in previous notes with similar mechanics.

I'm not arguing that it is correct English. I'm saying, if it is, this is what it means :p

EvilAi
07-28-2012, 01:38 PM
B. The item becomes unbinding if using the stone is success, but it will destroy when using it fails
for normal unbinding stone

Enable to get ‘Arcane Golems’s Unbinding Stone’ from the monsters that Arcane Golem of Rage is summoned
- Only can use to the item that enhanced level is above +10
- The item becomes unbinding if using the stone is success, but 1 enhanced level will decrease when using it fails

So...be smart and use Arcane Golems's Unbinding Stone so u wont get ur item destroyed if it fails.

plzbuffme
07-28-2012, 03:11 PM
romp's glove no longer char binding
romp make twink for t3

oh lawd

Lute
07-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Arguing over what the notes me in correct English when we all can clearly see they aren't correct English seems rather pointless. It's unclear what the notes mean so we might as well wait for a confirmed case.

As far as romp or anyone even making stuff un-binding to use on other chars...I'm willing to be this will make things un-binding to sell but it will still be binding when you equip it again.

Cathy
07-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Arguing over what the notes me in correct English when we all can clearly see they aren't correct English seems rather pointless. It's unclear what the notes mean so we might as well wait for a confirmed case.

As far as romp or anyone even making stuff un-binding to use on other chars...I'm willing to be this will make things un-binding to sell but it will still be binding when you equip it again.

You can't really assume they aren't in correct English o.o

It's not like this is the Korean patch notes, which was translated to English. It's the SEA patch notes which the GM's wrote in English.

Raikyrios
07-28-2012, 04:30 PM

It's not like this is the Korean patch notes, which was translated to English. It's the SEA patch notes which the GM's wrote in English.

Heard you were coming to Venus? Wut Wut~

Lute
07-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Our own GMs hardly use correct English. Simply reading the notes you can tell they aren't correct English. Also it's not unheard of for GMs to copy/paste machine translated patch notes or even ones someone else uploaded on the forums.

Cathy
07-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Our own GMs hardly use correct English. Simply reading the notes you can tell they aren't correct English. Also it's not unheard of for GMs to copy/paste machine translated patch notes or even ones someone else uploaded on the forums.

meh, I read the SEA patch notes for ep 8 in march, a week before ours were up, and it didn't have any errors as far as I could see.

I don't see why we should assume ep 9's patch notes are wrong if ep 8's weren't. Sounds to me like you just want the patch notes to be inaccurate ~_~

plzbuffme
07-28-2012, 06:23 PM
give me the korean script and ill translate it accurately :)

Andrea
07-28-2012, 06:57 PM
another case of "lost in translation"

but if u go by the current mechanics and INFER...this just means "The stone can UNBIND the item if it succeeds or DESTROY it (the item) if it (the stone) fails."

The double use of "it" was vague, and sentence construction lacks parallelism as per educated written English.

Rephrased:

The stone can either UNBIND (if it SUCCEEDS) or DESTROY (if it FAILS) an item. Problem solved.

crushingraid
07-29-2012, 03:39 AM
some clarification

http://mrwormy.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/ep9-info-information-of-unbinding-stone/

Cathy
07-29-2012, 06:48 AM
some clarification

http://mrwormy.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/ep9-info-information-of-unbinding-stone/

Meh, I don't see how it was unclear

I put this right on the first page of the thread T_T

godafe
07-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Kinda on topic... If you search in euro forums, they have the material list for Amity System. (Bad traduction tough)

Example = Upgrade Core (low)
Materials
x 1 Upgrade Core (Piece) 20
10,000,000 Alz
Or Mark 1

10 M for a UCL? XD The "Mark" its the token from the daily (Or shop). If im not wrong, the daily quest consumes 3 UCHH for 1 Token. So... 3 UCHH + 20 UCP (Upgrade Core Piece) = UCL? :/

I hope they are kidding.

plzbuffme
07-29-2012, 07:36 PM
all i care is that we can craft rol+2 through this update.... looks like i wont have to spend couple bil trying to get one :)

Nuisa
07-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Kinda on topic... If you search in euro forums, they have the material list for Amity System. (Bad traduction tough)

Example = Upgrade Core (low)
Materials
x 1 Upgrade Core (Piece) 20
10,000,000 Alz
Or Mark 1

10 M for a UCL? XD The "Mark" its the token from the daily (Or shop). If im not wrong, the daily quest consumes 3 UCHH for 1 Token. So... 3 UCHH + 20 UCP (Upgrade Core Piece) = UCL? :/

I hope they are kidding.

10kk to register the recipe only. just like you buy a formula card....

godafe
07-30-2012, 06:01 AM
10kk to register the recipe only. just like you buy a formula card....

Ah, i see. My bad. Thanks for the clarification!

cronic21
07-30-2012, 03:12 PM
lute just faught a ptless battle here...if "it" was the stone, destroying wouldn't of been in the sentence, considering how often do u re-use successful upgrading type items?...zzz wormy's thread says it all.