PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Profits, Raising Cost!

Davynelord
08-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Why oh why does EST keep wrecking the game with each new update? What I mean is they keep making it harder to progress, advance or gain items and such.....for instance, they increase cost of materials to craft BM3 and at the same time cut the earnings you get from selling gear to NPC's to 1/10 of what we get now. If I understand right, that means when I use to get about 100k for selling a suit to NPC's, I'll only get 10k for it after the update. This is not good because the economy (at least in NA and on Venus) is screwed up already. I'm wondering when they do these updates if they even bother to assess how things are different in different servers and countries.

Berserk_Fury
08-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Are you kidding me? This game is becoming more and more of a joke in difficulty with every update.

Yowai
08-12-2012, 06:19 AM
yeah back in the day it was alot harder

Davynelord
08-12-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm not talking about difficulty in playing the game (though it's boring when most of the game consist of nothing but grinding for everything)...but the way in which to make alz...more and more over the years EST is cutting into basic ways to make alz and either keep raising prices or adding new items that cost lots of alz into the game. I've been here since day one...I know exactly how hard it was in cabal back in the days...but alz wasn't as hard to come by like they are now. Back then, I only needed to put the time in to earn the alz...today, you can put the time in and still can't earn the alz because server population has dried up, which means less dungeon runs, less drops, higher prices due to less drops making the drops you do get more rare than they should be...etc.

Cutting selling price to NPCs down by 90% (unless I misunderstand the translation) was not something that needed to be done...what exactly was the reason such changes were approved and why do anyone think you need to give players longer dungeons, increased drops of junk items and less money back for selling those items.

Overall, this just makes it harder and harder to earn anything...for people like me, the NPC change will cut into my profits even more because I'm the type of player that keeps and sells everything that drops (unless I have no room to carry it all).

Berserk_Fury
08-12-2012, 07:05 AM
I laughed when you mentioned prices of aion end game pieces. You can't buy end game items in aion period.

Davynelord
08-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah I realized that....edit my post as most of it was irrelevant to my point...but in terms of aion, I was referring more to the point that the gear you need at certain LEVELs is buyable for a lot less compared to cabal...I didn't mean end-game as in final, thats it for the whole game....I meant in that gear is level locked so that if you don't plan to go past say level 40, you can buy top notch gears for level 40 and still be competitive...it all doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like in cabal.

Berserk_Fury
08-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Yeah I realized that....edit my post as most of it was irrelevant to my point...but in terms of aion, I was referring more to the point that the gear you need at certain LEVELs is buyable for a lot less compared to cabal...I didn't mean end-game as in final, thats it for the whole game....I meant in that gear is level locked so that if you don't plan to go past say level 40, you can buy top notch gears for level 40 and still be competitive...it all doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like in cabal.

Once again, bad comparison. On Aion it if you want to stay at lvl 40 and get the best gear, that's practically impossible unless you have a higher level character to earn the funding for the twink.

Lyro
08-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Maybe its an attempt to stop bots from gold farming by reducing their efficiency at making alz through npc's.
Or theres too much alz circulating through the market and the developers decided to limit the amount of alz gained by NPC'ing stuff.
Or they're just making our life difficult.
Who knows

DingDongDitch
08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
why would any company make their game easy when they're not making profit? that's why there's item shop to help u stay "legit" n by consuming real usd off their customers hands they fasten their new patches to make things interesting btw ur lucky to even log in to the game n play for free "its a privilege not a right" im not against u nor with u, its just a fact that they dont care

plzbuffme
08-12-2012, 09:59 AM
to be on the fair side people been complaining about economy being messed up ever since cabal was first open lol

but i do remember the good old days when LiD used to drop osmium drops and one quick run would net about 5mil....

Tenrai
08-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Why oh why does EST keep wrecking the game with each new update? What I mean is they keep making it harder to progress, advance or gain items and such.....for instance, they increase cost of materials to craft BM3 and at the same time cut the earnings you get from selling gear to NPC's to 1/10 of what we get now. If I understand right, that means when I use to get about 100k for selling a suit to NPC's, I'll only get 10k for it after the update. This is not good because the economy (at least in NA and on Venus) is screwed up already. I'm wondering when they do these updates if they even bother to assess how things are different in different servers and countries.

Cabal 2 is around the corner along with GW2 and Blade & Soul. You are seeking a server wipe, this would renew the economy right away, but will turn off a lot of current continuous players. My recommendation to your economic dilemma would simply build a core group, and focus on gearing each other through the rigorous acts of dungeon spamming. Pay no mind to mindless PK's, have at least HR 10 and just spam through bosses. This is a steady way of farming alz legitimately in a free to play game.

Lyro
08-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Or just be one of the many people who spends $30 a week each week on vouchers and earn 400~500m a week depending on voucher price

Corvettezr1
08-12-2012, 11:54 AM
eff it then, just quit PROBLEM SOLVED

EvilAi
08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Or just be one of the many people who spends $30 a week each week on vouchers and earn 400~500m a week depending on voucher price
just saying if u want u can buy as many game cards as u want and buy vouchers/Capsules from prepaid shop, it's unlimited.
For some ppl spending some k on this game is nothing compared to their income.

CookieWiz
08-12-2012, 12:41 PM
yea wut tenrai said,a couple of rlly good games are around the corner so just wait....
if ur so concerned about making alz;idk in which server u r but mercury AH compared to venus it is rllly messed up. so easier way to make alz is by buying vouchers from prepaid shop,get a good group and spam dungeons or just play with the market,some ppl make alz by doing that lol not much but better than nothing =p
this game is extremely <removed> up from how it was years ago so just get used to it or just quit.Gms will do nothing about it....

DanteX
08-12-2012, 02:21 PM
cant wait for blade and soul :>

plzbuffme
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
blade and soul was pretty underwhelming... pretty graphics, though.

EvilAi
08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
you are my shy shy shy boy, oh oh oh mah boy <3

DanteX
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
you are my shy shy shy boy, oh oh oh mah boy <3
lol wth XD

Tenrai
08-12-2012, 04:24 PM

pssst
http://www.laymark.com/l/m/m158.gif

<Video Removed>

Valdoroth
08-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Are you kidding me? This game is becoming more and more of a joke in difficulty with every update.

yeah back in the day it was alot harder

^ as you've already read once b4. They're not really cutting it that badly. It is quite a drain I suppose, but the crafting system is getting such an overhaul that that reduction in income is also a reduction in expendetures (no more proofs) Now if you never crafted before, I suppose this update is just meh to you. But you're going to start seeing epic things you didn't think would exist now with the Master craft system in place.

CookieWiz
08-12-2012, 08:04 PM
i would even play blade and soul just for the flying/jumping lol
spend a whole day doing it lol XD

plzbuffme
08-12-2012, 08:07 PM
lol when i did play on kr version that's all i did, its fun as hell just jumping around and runnin on water

the battle gameplay was kinda rock-paper-scissor to me tho

CookieWiz
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
screw the battle system man,running and jumping ftw!! lool

Mishon
08-13-2012, 05:10 AM
More reason for alz buyers to spend more moneyz elsewhere.

godafe
08-13-2012, 05:39 AM
^ as you've already read once b4. They're not really cutting it that badly. It is quite a drain I suppose, but the crafting system is getting such an overhaul that that reduction in income is also a reduction in expendetures (no more proofs) Now if you never crafted before, I suppose this update is just meh to you. But you're going to start seeing epic things you didn't think would exist now with the Master craft system in place.

THIS. They cut the price so you dont NPC the items, forcing you to BREAK IT and sell the upgrade/force/material core piece. And believe me, they will be on demand.

Welcome to the new age of crafting :D

Andrea
08-13-2012, 07:26 AM
THIS. They cut the price so you dont NPC the items, forcing you to BREAK IT and sell the upgrade/force/material core piece. And believe me, they will be on demand.

Welcome to the new age of crafting :D

and immediately some more ons are alreday pushing its price up.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2j272xi.jpg

quite pathetic.

godafe
08-13-2012, 08:05 AM
and immediately some more ons are alreday pushing its price up.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2j272xi.jpg

quite pathetic.

Well, thats how the market goes. Why they are pathetic? They read the patch notes, get the list of crafting components and are waiting for the update to arrive.

Also, everybody can break cheap items for FCPiece/UCPiece, and flood the market with them. Dont complain. Adapt. :D