PDA

View Full Version : Disconnection problems while skilling [PLEASE READ/HELP!!!]

Osmio
08-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I opened a ticket and was referred here, so hopefully someone can give some input as to what I should do.

I have been playing on my new BL for a bit now, and it's time for me to grind out the skill points on dummies. The only problem is that after 10-30minutes of skilling I randomly disconnect from the game. I get a message saying "You have disconnected from the server". I don't see a reason as to why this is happening, but here are some things I already tried:

-unplugging/replugging in my modem AND router after a 5 minute wait
-restoring computer to factory settings
-reinstalling cabal
-having no other programs running while I am skilling
-allowing CABAL through my firewall

But for some reason none of these have worked. If anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it more than I can tell you. Thanks for reading.

ROFLwiz
08-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Run in full screen while skilling OR run windows without making it full screen in windows mode.

Osmio
08-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Run in full screen while skilling OR run windows without making it full screen in windows mode.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but unfortunately it didn't seem to work.
Any other advice?

BackForMore
08-20-2012, 10:20 PM
i had the same issue as well. Normally i would only get dc if i went afk from my computer all together. Seemed like as long as i was doing something on my comp i could afk on the dummies w/o dc. Never really found a solution other then asking my bro or a friend to skill for me lol

Hikushiru
08-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Seriously, I think it's the server. o-o Alot of people have been disconnecting, so I really don't know what to say. If you're running a laptop, use a fan to fan out the heat, and put the computer on power saver. It keeps me on for about 4 hours before disconnecting. Just my method, if it doesn't work, don't yell at me. ;c Hope this helps. c;