PDA

View Full Version : Public GvG - Merc - overview and stuff

Valdoroth
09-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Hello everyone and sorry Venus players this is really just for mercury, but you guys can read it and make fun of them.

Ok today FearNoTavi and I held a public GvG (he volunteered to be the other team leader) and I'm quite disappointed with how few of you showed up. Even Venus had more players on their first few. It may have been at too early an hour for most yall, but I thought most ppl got home after school around 3:40. Whatever. Point being, we needed more ppl.

Though the teams were quite unbalanced this round, tomorrow I will host one AFTER the Arcane Golum in Ch 7 DS. Teams will be created there. If you are NOT there to participate, stand off to the side while teams are being sorted and evened out. Feel free to post on here that you wanna join, idc. Just show up when we start it. I'll mega. Also, we need a couple video capture people if possible for it and the following test.

A note to all lower levels, you are allowed to join, but know that you're not going to be alot of help against 180s. Simply because the level and stats differences alone account for 1/3 of your damage output, even if you are well geared.

Following the GvG will be a trial test of Capture the Flag styled GvG. It'll be quite different and you'll need to pay attention to the few rules, so you don't screw it up. The design is simple enough and can make for an extremely exciting variation of GvG if everyone cooperates by not trying to cheat (like BM or continuously warping in and out of town excessively. The rules will be laid out when all participants are present. Remember, it's a trial run, so don't take it too seriously. (I have told HGM Lorkan about this and he'd love to see this recorded, since he won't be able to be present, so maybe they can set up much better versions for events in the future)

I apologize that I cannot afford any sort of reward to the winning team unless players unanimously decide to donate alz each for the winning team to collect (basically kinda like a bet). That's not likely to happen so just count on it being just for fun and experience. I look forward to battling with you guys and hope my internet isn't as bad tomorrow as it was tonight (took me 3-4 seconds just to start combo which by then I was 1/2 dead and then lag killed me the rest of the way after my combo broke).

If it turns out successful, I will try to host more of them in the future for you guys, hopefully being able to support some award on the weekends.

P.S. If yall really really turn out to join these often enough, we may be able to create multiple teams (Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow) and have them pit against each other play-off styled and have an award for the champions at the end. This is with the consideration that each team has about 10 members each.
P.S.S. If the CTF GvG turns out successful, there are also variations of that method that can be done and with larger scaled battles (like 20v20) the flags can be even cross map (like BI to DS) or attack and defend battles taking turns.

Good luck!
--- Valdoroth Kai

Lucifer
09-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Come back to Venus dammit >.< whenever I go online the guild is so dead! Terror hasn't logged in like 15days and Lexi went to another guild.....and trust me I don't want to chat with Faowin coz he's boring...badly enough he's always on whenever I go on >.>
eerrr vent is dead too

CookieWiz
09-06-2012, 07:38 PM
i like :)

IAmEvil
09-06-2012, 08:06 PM
not everyone that plays goes to school some people are at work like i am

also very possible people are too lazy and just dont care

good luck to all in this little event as once again ill be at work >.<

MrBlacker
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
q riiiico

NiteFalcon
09-06-2012, 09:26 PM
its not summer anymore

Anker
09-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Ill be there :D

Rice
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Hello everyone and sorry Venus players this is really just for mercury, but you guys can read it and make fun of them.

Ok today FearNoTavi and I held a public GvG (he volunteered to be the other team leader) and I'm quite disappointed with how few of you showed up. Even Venus had more players on their first few. It may have been at too early an hour for most yall, but I thought most ppl got home after school around 3:40. Whatever. Point being, we needed more ppl.

Though the teams were quite unbalanced this round, tomorrow I will host one AFTER the Arcane Golum in Ch 7 DS. Teams will be created there. If you are NOT there to participate, stand off to the side while teams are being sorted and evened out. Feel free to post on here that you wanna join, idc. Just show up when we start it. I'll mega. Also, we need a couple video capture people if possible for it and the following test.

A note to all lower levels, you are allowed to join, but know that you're not going to be alot of help against 180s. Simply because the level and stats differences alone account for 1/3 of your damage output, even if you are well geared.

Following the GvG will be a trial test of Capture the Flag styled GvG. It'll be quite different and you'll need to pay attention to the few rules, so you don't screw it up. The design is simple enough and can make for an extremely exciting variation of GvG if everyone cooperates by not trying to cheat (like BM or continuously warping in and out of town excessively. The rules will be laid out when all participants are present. Remember, it's a trial run, so don't take it too seriously. (I have told HGM Lorkan about this and he'd love to see this recorded, since he won't be able to be present, so maybe they can set up much better versions for events in the future)

I apologize that I cannot afford any sort of reward to the winning team unless players unanimously decide to donate alz each for the winning team to collect (basically kinda like a bet). That's not likely to happen so just count on it being just for fun and experience. I look forward to battling with you guys and hope my internet isn't as bad tomorrow as it was tonight (took me 3-4 seconds just to start combo which by then I was 1/2 dead and then lag killed me the rest of the way after my combo broke).

If it turns out successful, I will try to host more of them in the future for you guys, hopefully being able to support some award on the weekends.

P.S. If yall really really turn out to join these often enough, we may be able to create multiple teams (Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow) and have them pit against each other play-off styled and have an award for the champions at the end. This is with the consideration that each team has about 10 members each.
P.S.S. If the CTF GvG turns out successful, there are also variations of that method that can be done and with larger scaled battles (like 20v20) the flags can be even cross map (like BI to DS) or attack and defend battles taking turns.

Good luck!
--- Valdoroth Kai
<Image Removed>
no one cares yo

"I care." - Lorkan

CandiCoatted
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
^

That's him not caring

xFaLL3NxAng3L
09-07-2012, 12:35 PM
merc sux venus ftw

Rice
09-07-2012, 12:39 PM
merc sux venus ftw
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x409/umadbrah1/_dgqbed_o5jmt8t6.gif

Valdoroth
09-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Funny. If he didn't care, why did he bother posting? He's trolling himself.

It's the weekend now :D. I could do a poll and see the best times for everyone/ most ppl/ have more than 1 for ppl that missed the other time.

Rice
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Funny. If he didn't care, why did he bother posting? He's trolling himself.

It's the weekend now :D. I could do a poll and see the best times for everyone/ most ppl/ have more than 1 for ppl that missed the other time.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x409/umadbrah1/lolfaqnoob.gif

CookieWiz
09-07-2012, 01:07 PM
merc sux venus ftw

all i gotta say is that,the first time we did the red vs blue in venus like 15-20 ppl came,it is not much but at least ppl in venus had fun,all ppl did in mercury was full map and be around during the gvg.....
just pathetic if u ask me.
oh and it wasnt on summer i think lol

Corvettezr1
09-07-2012, 02:39 PM
making such a big deal over this..dawg... all u gotta do is just set a better time and on the weekends and its cool, not saying its a bad idea man but, just cuz some people dont show up doesnt make merc bad.... not saying venus is bad or anything and tbh, i see more ppl from venus saying merc is bad then merc saying venus is bad on these forums these days.. if its that bad just go back to venus PROBLEM SOLVED

CookieWiz
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
making such a big deal over this..dawg... all u gotta do is just set a better time and on the weekends and its cool, not saying its a bad idea man but, just cuz some people dont show up doesnt make merc bad.... not saying venus is bad or anything and tbh, i see more ppl from venus saying merc is bad then merc saying venus is bad on these forums these days.. if its that bad just go back to venus PROBLEM SOLVED

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?33604-IT-IS-SOOOO-big......

cronic21
09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?33604-IT-IS-SOOOO-big......

50 procs come from venus because few ppl in wars....all come to merc...all proc...and they expect dif results? u cant just flood a server with that many from 1 nation and thinks its gonna have no cause/effect.

u want ppl in war?
switch to cap.

and val, gl wit the GvGs an all, i think if GMs added some kinda "team" GvG function where ppl didnt have to leave their guilds and could still participate, i think ud have a better outcome.

Valdoroth
09-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I've mentioned that in a huge suggestion thread before that had alot of support, but I guess the dev's passed it down. Its ok.

Now Imma post in a thread in the Mercury section of the forums about Next weekend's Alternate modes of GvG.

cronic21
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I've mentioned that in a huge suggestion thread before that had alot of support, but I guess the dev's passed it down. Its ok.

Now Imma post in a thread in the Mercury section of the forums about Next weekend's Alternate modes of GvG.

ya i saw ur suggestion about it, just another reason u need to start trying to get the votes for this new camp thing lol

Valdoroth
09-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I keep trying to post it. 3 times I've failed bcs my internet s that bad.

Cathy
09-08-2012, 06:49 AM
50 procs come from venus because few ppl in wars....all come to merc...all proc...and they expect dif results? u cant just flood a server with that many from 1 nation and thinks its gonna have no cause/effect.

u want ppl in war?
switch to cap.

and val, gl wit the GvGs an all, i think if GMs added some kinda "team" GvG function where ppl didnt have to leave their guilds and could still participate, i think ud have a better outcome.

The people who came from venus weren't all proc. All of the caps switched to proc (the caps from mercury too) because caps kept losing. Procs had bonus every week, and so everyone gradually went proc for bonus.

Saints update last october, and Arcane Golem update this august made even more people go to proc since caps could never win those.

Cathy
09-08-2012, 06:00 PM
yes, all true. the fact im talkin bout was, merc was fine b4 all the venus players came over, winning nation went back and forth usually bi weekly. once venus switched over, procs started winning, then that made more ppl switch to proc after a month of caps never winning. honestly if ppl wanted more ppl in wars since caps aint showin up, why not just throw the war 1 week and let cap have an incentive to go the following week.

That is not true. Procs have been winning bonus practically every week for the last 2 years+, way before venus people started coming over.

NiteFalcon
09-08-2012, 07:00 PM
the proc landslide started when I became GL of Sei. sorry bout dat