PDA

View Full Version : Here's a topic for global camp

Lute
09-14-2012, 07:48 PM
How about we fix the AT boss drops. This and the saints boss both horribly favor people that have incredibly low ping due to proximity to the server and people who have loot hacks or w/e. It's completely unreasonable for such end-game events to be so completely unfair and to favor such people while others have little to no chance. The same people repeatedly get a large majority of the items and in large part this comes down to ping, which for the most part is completely out of the players control next to moving next to the servers. Not to mention the people who sit at the AT boss and don't even attack only to come and try to loot items at the end.

Hash
09-14-2012, 07:56 PM
I live in aus and I got a drop :) 250 ping ftw?

Cathy
09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
How about we fix the AT boss drops. This and the saints boss both horribly favor people that have incredibly low ping due to proximity to the server and people who have loot hacks or w/e. It's completely unreasonable for such end-game events to be so completely unfair and to favor such people while others have little to no chance. The same people repeatedly get a large majority of the items and in large part this comes down to ping, which for the most part is completely out of the players control next to moving next to the servers. Not to mention the people who sit at the AT boss and don't even attack only to come and try to loot items at the end.

I agree

xXCrusadeXx
09-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Here's a quick idea, work with me here:

As of now: dont need to attack at all, drop goes to whoever has faster ping and such...

Lets say 100 procs go to arcane. Requirement to get a drop could be to do at least 5% of total damage on the boss. This means theoretically up to 20 people can pick up drops. Now if someone (Person A) works really hard and does 10% of the total damage on the boss, that bumps off others from being able to obtain drops, favouring Person A's chances (incentive to not stand around). Now when the boss dies and the 20 or so ppl get a chance for the drops, maybe it can be roll based for any valuable items and pick-up based for all cores.

And maybe damage dealt to the guardians can count towards the total.

This would solve the problems:
1. Drops going to those who don't do work
2. Drops going to those who can press the space bar the fastest

Lute
09-14-2012, 08:11 PM
I live in aus and I got a drop :) 250 ping ftw?

Yes while certain people every day get like 5+ drops consistently and some people more.

It SHOULDN'T be hard to make a fair system to randomly give the drops to people instead of this crap. It'd even be less of a problem if this wasn't the ONLY way to get +8 accessories because then at least people could run something and eventually have a fair chance at them too.

Lute
09-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Here's a quick idea, work with me here:

As of now: dont need to attack at all, drop goes to whoever has faster ping and such...

Lets say 100 procs go to arcane. Requirement to get a drop could be to do at least 5% of total damage on the boss. This means theoretically up to 20 people can pick up drops. Now if someone (Person A) works really hard and does 10% of the total damage on the boss, that bumps off others from being able to obtain drops, favouring Person A's chances (incentive to not stand around). Now when the boss dies and the 20 or so ppl get a chance for the drops, maybe it can be roll based for any valuable items and pick-up based for all cores.

This would solve the problem:
1. Drops going to those who don't do work
2. Drops going to those who can press the space bar the faster

Or it could just be that anyone who attacked the boss gets a chance, or since its 50 drops the top 50 damage dealers get a drop at random. Ideally they could make it so that it'd also benefit people who actually attack the bases too instead of just sitting around to actually give an incentive to help. I don't honestly know how I feel about it being damage dealt based since that is making the rich/strong stronger while leaving everyone else without a chance.

xXCrusadeXx
09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
But then again, anyone who just attacks it doesnt mean theyre helping much. Maybe it can be based off of a certain attacking duration. If the boss is alive for 10minutes, player must have been attacking for at least 5 minutes.

Valdoroth
09-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Saints Force and the unique item dropped from the two newer bosses should have a roll option. Then All players have a chance reguardless of lag. Cores are cores and can be farmed in easily, box+8 cannot.

Just my suggestion as a solution to it.

xXCrusadeXx
09-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Pretty much. Roll option to make the drop distribution fair and some incentive to make people actively participate.

Cathy
09-14-2012, 09:01 PM
But then again, anyone who just attacks it doesnt mean theyre helping much. Maybe it can be based off of a certain attacking duration. If the boss is alive for 10minutes, player must have been attacking for at least 5 minutes.

They really should just base it off of the top damage dealers, measuring score in a similar way you do in n.war.

Your concept is good but the 5% of its hp thing is a bit farfetched since I don't think anybody can do that. If you have 50 people attacking it with similar dps, everyone could do 2% and boss would die. Hardly anybody would break 5%; and so it should be measured by a relative value instead.

Sprite
09-14-2012, 09:21 PM
hi friends, i brought up this issue on my campaign thread already :> please leave a suggestion of what you think should be done on the sei suggestions forums! no sign up needed :o

edit: linking for lazy people
http://seireiteiforever.com/forums/621302

truely false
09-14-2012, 09:34 PM
A roll sounds fine and great until your the one who believes has done most of the damage and work just to loss out on a bad roll to some1 who was just standing around. Don't get me wrong, I get what you all are saying about the looting. As for away to fix/solve the looters who spam the spacebar key faster than a hungry hippo in a pie eating contest well rolling dice is one lesser evil than spamming for the loot but how about this instead.

What if they handled it like NW they mail us a prize cube and/or Alz accordingly to how much help/participation you give and for those who just stand there to long get a warning to help (thats the incentive part) or will be kicked from the map. The prize cube has a random chance at ether dropping a +8 accessory or an unbinding stone or several random cores you get what I mean. The cube would make it fair so everyone gets a chance at hopefully being the lucky one instead of missing out cause you waited to long to roll or felt you were cheated cause the roll was not in your favor. Just one other idea cube could be binding or not just in case you wish to sell the chance at a +8.

Lute
09-14-2012, 11:22 PM
I like the idea of some sort of cube thing for everyone who participates for the winning nation since it's fair to everyone, though it'd be somewhat uncontrollable in the form of limiting how many people can participate. This being said that's no different from war when you might have 1v1 or 40v20 where half the people don't get to participate.

While I think there should be a way that it's based on participation and actually working toward the objective rather than a last second join battle and get a reward I think it's more important that it NOT be based on who does the most damage. I mean it's not doing much if the people with all the epic gear and +8 acc's already are just getting more and making more money etc while other people can gain nothing.

Alternatively, they could do something such as wexp where you get a sort of "exp" for the damage you do to the boss when you defeat it and then you can spend that on the "cubes" or whatever to get a random chance at an item, or you could directly trade in X amount for X item. This would let you get the item you wanted after spending X amount of time regularly going and helping out the nation. This would be a lot like wexp where the more you war the higher you can increase your HR and the more honor you get per trade in for more benefit later on. You could deal such and such damage to get a minimum reward such as 30 points in war or you could reach a higher amount to get more points etc with a cap at some point to not have it so one person could get too high of a reward in one single day.

Though technically considering Mercury dropped 2x bos8 and a cr3 all today, while I think the drop system is flawed more dropping is better imo because it means eventually more people will ideally have some way to get the items rather than only the richest people having a chance. Possibly next update with EoD b3f or newer dungeons these drops will drop elsewhere and be more common which would somewhat eliminate the unfairness to this luck factor that is unfairly favored toward those with low ping. This can't be said as easily for bike parts from Saints which I also find to be a rather poor system to get one of the most end game essential items.

Berserk_Fury
09-15-2012, 05:47 AM
I'd say it's a little too late into the game's life to be introducing this, but I felt that Aion did a great job with their AP system. It was kinda similar to our honor system, but instead of giving titles, you traded AP for special skills and pvp items that were best for end game. At the same time there were ways to gain this AP which encouraged active pvp in the game. That would've been the best way to make the game more of work=reward, not luck=reward.