PDA

View Full Version : I heard they were going to make changes for classes

Lokijones1
09-15-2012, 09:30 PM
is it ttrue that they will make make some classes stronger and some will be cut from certain stats?

i heard bladers will get 600 more dmg for art of fierceness more amp for intense blade and intuition buff will have instant immunity stats as well? can anybody comment and let me know whats up ?

and also for other classes like FA they will cut the stats for AOS?
1 Wa skills will b stronger?
Fb will lose stacking ability for their 3 elemental sword buffs?

if u can confirm this then its just WOW!

Berserk_Fury
09-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Nobody can confirm anything other than that they're making changes to pretty much everything in the game. They are working on a huge re-working of a lot of things, but details are scarce. At the moment just take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

jimbo
09-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Nobody can confirm anything other than that they're making changes to pretty much everything in the game. They are working on a huge re-working of a lot of things, but details are scarce. At the moment just take everything you hear with a grain of salt.
epic response

Cathy
09-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Pretty much all classes are going to be stronger

http://mrwormy.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/20120908_ep10_warrior_skills_preview.png?w=640&h=703

That being said: All players/mobs will have the increased attack and defense, and so being stronger doesn't necessarily mean "easier"

Berserk_Fury
09-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Pretty much all classes are going to be stronger

http://mrwormy.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/20120908_ep10_warrior_skills_preview.png?w=640&h=703

That being said: All players/mobs will have the increased attack and defense, and so being stronger doesn't necessarily mean "easier"

Do you have anything like that for other classes? I'm interested in FB specifically, but I'm sure others wonder about their classes too.

Cathy
09-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Do you have anything like that for other classes? I'm interested in FB specifically, but I'm sure others wonder about their classes too.

This comes straight from Mr Wormy's Blog. And he provides screenshots for FS and WA only, basically because those are the only 2 characters that he has on the test server.

jimbo
09-16-2012, 01:17 PM
This comes straight from Mr Wormy's Blog. And he provides screenshots for FS and WA only, basically because those are the only 2 characters that he has on the test server.
link please and is their more basic changes?

truely false
09-16-2012, 02:07 PM
From what I've read, the reason they maybe increasing skill stats is because they are considering increasing boss stats as well as map mobs stats. They meaning EST developers believe that with all the past updates they have been mostly focusing on character development. Now they wish to focus on updating map mobs as well as Bosses and I think (NW guardians not confirmed yet).
from an interview with a developer "we feel the players have had easy game play when it comes to maps so its time to make the maps more challenging, guess its time for them to grow up" quote is not verbatim but close.
All I can say about this is farming is going to change for players, easy for some and difficult for others not to mention the poor drop rates...:p

On a side note: they are also working on EoD b3f and its going to be a party dungeon (not solo) as well as a new bike look...Off topic sorry...:rolleyes:

I found this on the web http://mrwormy.wordpress.com/tag/episode-10/

Cathy
09-16-2012, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEv-Cu4cEcE

Berserk_Fury
09-16-2012, 03:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEv-Cu4cEcE

I'm still failing to see a purpose behind changing the stats by such an extreme amount. It's like one day EST devs woke up and said "ef it, I don't like anything we did so far, lets just start over".

Cathy
09-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm still failing to see a purpose behind changing the stats by such an extreme amount. It's like one day EST devs woke up and said "ef it, I don't like anything we did so far, lets just start over".

I assume that higher stats are there to make gear matter more than level, and to add more variety between player's stats.

If two people have lets say 1200 attack and 1250 attack; they are of the same class, but have slightly different str/int/dex, and slightly different equipment, after the update the difference may go to 1600 and 1500.

So there is more variety between stats of players in the sense that decimals can add variety to the prices of items (in this case they just multiply stats to make them higher, which is the same as dividing into decimals).

With that being said: the higher stats are not to make the game easier, the larger numbers are soley for 'variety between players' as the mobs will are uber-powered (there will also be more variety between classes by the innate amount of Hit and Penetrate each class will have).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sVIt2UR0j28

Overall, this update is to make bigger gaps between weak/strong players, and to increase the difficulty of PVE (in the last interview you can see the devs saying cabal is too easy and they'd like to increase the difficulty).

CookieWiz
09-16-2012, 04:28 PM
as long as they dont make any more sig/seh or any event after episode 10 that could up the game,i think its all good if u ask me.the main factor that messed up this game was the events which most of the cabal population started outgearing ppl by A LOT,now1 can say that they didnt spend almost any usd cuz thats bs.i know that f2p sooner or later means p2w but dam it stop making it soooooooooooo easy......

Cathy
09-16-2012, 04:37 PM
as long as they dont make any more sig/seh or any event after episode 10 that could up the game,i think its all good if u ask me.the main factor that messed up this game was the events which most of the cabal population started outgearing ppl by A LOT,now1 can say that they didnt spend almost any usd cuz thats bs.i know that f2p sooner or later means p2w but dam it stop making it soooooooooooo easy......

I honestly haven't spent any money on this game lol. My gear atm is almost the same as my gear a year ago.

CookieWiz
09-16-2012, 04:41 PM
I honestly haven't spent any money on this game lol. My gear atm is almost the same as my gear a year ago.

ur gear aint good.
sorry i meant ppl with full sig and GOOD gear.the gear u have atm its call "normal/average" if u ask me.
my pint is,they need to stop making sig/seh/ANY event that offers "free" gear if u ask me.with the addition of new dungeons and everything,ppl can actually work for their gear.

Gms should take a look at Tera Online.

Cathy
09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
ur gear aint good.
sorry i meant ppl with full sig and GOOD gear.the gear u have atm its call "normal/average" if u ask me.
my pint is,they need to stop making sig/seh/ANY event that offers "free" gear if u ask me.with the addition of new dungeons and everything,ppl can actually work for their gear.

Gms should take a look at Tera Online.

Who says you need to have good gear :P

It's not pay to win if you pay and still lose

CookieWiz
09-16-2012, 05:06 PM

It's not pay to win if you pay and still lose

lol u dont have to have good gear? yea cuz using shadow/osm when every1 is using sig and forcy will keep u strong enough compared to other ppl.and if ur gonna say skill is more important than gear think again cuz gear is as important as skill.

Berserk_Fury
09-16-2012, 05:13 PM

You just said yourself that they'll be increasing the gap in strong and weak players. So with that in mind, people with average gear right now might stand no chance against people with epic gear, no matter how good they are.

Cathy
09-17-2012, 04:12 AM
lol u dont have to have good gear? yea cuz using shadow/osm when every1 is using sig and forcy will keep u strong enough compared to other ppl.and if ur gonna say skill is more important than gear think again cuz gear is as important as skill.

Play an OP class like FA and you'll own in war regardless of your defense or hp. I remember you said you do 18k on a guard with saints weapon. I already hit a lot harder than that :)

You just said yourself that they'll be increasing the gap in strong and weak players. So with that in mind, people with average gear right now might stand no chance against people with epic gear, no matter how good they are.

Yes, there will be a bigger gap between grades of gear osm / tg / sig / forci.

But that applies to weapons too, not only armor.

CookieWiz
09-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Play an OP class like FA and you'll own in war regardless of your defense or hp. I remember you said you do 18k on a guard with saints weapon. I already hit a lot harder than that :)

only thing good about fa is their bm3 cuz the rest is crap compared to how good a wiz does in war to a fa. and yea maybe u do more dmg with saint,and i doubt u can do it w/o it,but if u do then gratz,and the reason would be cuz fa has aos +bm3+pots and ur shadow piece with extra amp whic stop u from being a tank at war and i know that cuz i fought u when i was cap at war.
btw have u played a truly op class at war? cuz i doubt fa is near being op besides when they bm3 cuz the rest is crap... but again i have only played fs and wiz so if u ask me a truly op class at war is fs>wa>fb>wiz>fa>bl...