PDA

View Full Version : Holy **** wtb> this event PLEASE

Lute
09-20-2012, 07:34 AM
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?242812-New-events-for-Autumn

Their turtle event...

Lakeside+ maps drop sgh AND sghh AND regularly drop 3+ minesta books per turtle

Already less than 1 day in, lots of people have 5+ safeguards from event

Screenshots on forums of people regularly getting safeguards, one at least of a sgh and sghh from the SAME single turtle.

that's THREE+ minesta books per turtle REGULARLY and they're NON-BIND

Seriously this makes our previous event which by our standards was fairly decent look like COMPLETE trash

They also got a sig event and exp event that are each a week rotating (different exp and a difference piece of gear/weapons each week)

Nozomi
09-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I made my mith katana +15, my 13 amp drei gloves +15, osmi suit +14 (failed +15...). And that's just me. Almost whole guild has +15 weapons now, both mithril and lower grade xD

I wish it was just 3 minesta, you usually get 10x each turtle. Medium lvl turtes are cool also, they drop every kind of entry: normal dx, prem dx, sod, ic1 ic2 ft2 and so on.
On my server everyone is so full of entries you can find them left on the ground.
Pretty cool event yeye.

(just need to drop 2 sehh now *-*)

Berserk_Fury
09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I made my mith katana +15, my 13 amp drei gloves +15, osmi suit +14 (failed +15...). And that's just me. Almost whole guild has +15 weapons now, both mithril and lower grade xD

I wish it was just 3 minesta, you usually get 10x each turtle. Medium lvl turtes are cool also, they drop every kind of entry: normal dx, prem dx, sod, ic1 ic2 ft2 and so on.
On my server everyone is so full of entries you can find them left on the ground.
Pretty cool event yeye.

ijelly

Lute
09-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Yo est. Seriously wtffff. Why does Euro get epic events while your own server gets nothing close. Those minesta books would be beyond epic on their own. 15m+ for decent minestas is crazy. Not to mention euro has all safeguards in cash shop and we only get sgh ever. And if we get sghh in an event its like only 5 people drop 1 in a month. One person could get 5+ there a day.

spittaz
09-20-2012, 01:45 PM
just give every1 forcium +15 already

blazingturd
09-20-2012, 01:46 PM
i am not usually a quitter but i think its time everyone just realizes that something like this will never happen. because 1) the gms don't care enough and 2) NA is probably one of the top servers in terms of usd spent per player so why have sgh drop when you can sell thousands at $10 each.

i would love to just see the entire community quit like i did and see what happens then but of course that will never happen so good luck getting an event like this

IBladE
09-20-2012, 01:51 PM
GMs only have a certain amount of pull. I have talked to one about sgm and such and he let me know he'd requested them many of times but its beyond his control now. The big guys make the decisions not our GMs... They can merely suggest content and hope for approval.

Lute
09-20-2012, 03:21 PM
GMs only have a certain amount of pull. I have talked to one about sgm and such and he let me know he'd requested them many of times but its beyond his control now. The big guys make the decisions not our GMs... They can merely suggest content and hope for approval.

If this was true, how can the euro gms, who have less pull and are less connected to EST and dont even have this new update, able to get such events among other content we never get. It seems like euro is the onlyserver where the gms genuinely listen to and fight for what the players want. They are always posting on forums about what they are trying to push EST to let them do for the players and giving them updates about how it goes.

Raikyrios
09-20-2012, 03:31 PM
If this was true, how can the euro gms, who have less pull and are less connected to EST and dont even have this new update, able to get such events among other content we never get. It seems like euro is the onlyserver where the gms genuinely listen to and fight for what the players want. They are always posting on forums about what they are trying to push EST to let them do for the players and giving them updates about how it goes.

Becauseeeeee like stated earlier, tons of NA players use cash to buy the items from cs. Why give us an event that will lead to less usd spending? But honestly idk, just speculation.

Nozomi
09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
We got safes back in shop as well.
And they always sold like candies in the past.

None was expecting something like this, really. And I fail to see the reason behind it. 1 month of dropable-like-hell safes plus them being in shop. That means market flooded, literally, with +15 items and perfect cores. In 1 week everyone here will be full +15 and there are players who stacked up dozens of safes already.

There are lvl 4 pots too, and every kind of cash shop potions.

Lute
09-20-2012, 04:26 PM
We got safes back in shop as well.
And they always sold like candies in the past.

None was expecting something like this, really. And I fail to see the reason behind it. 1 month of dropable-like-hell safes plus them being in shop. That means market flooded, literally, with +15 items and perfect cores. In 1 week everyone here will be full +15 and there are players who stacked up dozens of safes already.

There are lvl 4 pots too, and every kind of cash shop potions.

We don't even have sgl, sgm or sghh in cash shop EVER when we get sgh so I don't see why we can't at least get them to reasonably drop from an event. Hell I'd be happy with just the minesta book drops you guys are getting from turtles let alone if we even got 1/10th the rate of safeguards you seem to have from them. People have been asking for more than a year for sgl/sgm and sghh in cash shop or events yet we get other crap instead and if we DO get them the rate is so low it's rare to see a single person or more get them.

Not to mention we don't have a certain SP giving merc in our cash shop OR premium DX dungeons and minesta books in cash shop or game at all.

Also love how Euro has so much of a better T point system than we have. You can get t points from nothing or bonus from all your different premium yet we only can get them at the same rate you get them without anything and only with BB+

Triplethreat
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure Euro Cabal is not ran by EST, thus they can have whatever events they want and EST will have whatever events they want for us.

Lute
09-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Pretty sure Euro Cabal is not ran by EST, thus they can have whatever events they want and EST will have whatever events they want for us.

Euro Cabal is run by "Game-Masters" but the game is OWNED by EST, just like how OGPlanet use to run our Cabal. While EST might not "run" it, they own the game and Euro can't do ANYTHING content-wise on their game (updates, events, cash shop changes etc) unless EST gives them permission to do so. So while it might not be "run" by EST, they're still in complete control over the content they are allowed to have and release just as they are for us. Technically it should be HARDER for Euro to get new and different events and content than it is for our server.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-20-2012, 06:23 PM
It's ok,we have a letter event that gives 20 stacks of CB hp/mp pots.....so it balances out

DanteX
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
It's ok,we have a letter event that gives 20 stacks of CB hp/mp pots.....so it balances out
rofl i was thinking the same thing.....dam these cakes are awesome (sarcasm)

DanteX
09-20-2012, 06:58 PM
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?242812-New-events-for-Autumn

Their turtle event...

Lakeside+ maps drop sgh AND sghh AND regularly drop 3+ minesta books per turtle

Already less than 1 day in, lots of people have 5+ safeguards from event

Screenshots on forums of people regularly getting safeguards, one at least of a sgh and sghh from the SAME single turtle.

that's THREE+ minesta books per turtle REGULARLY and they're NON-BIND

Seriously this makes our previous event which by our standards was fairly decent look like COMPLETE trash

They also got a sig event and exp event that are each a week rotating (different exp and a difference piece of gear/weapons each week)
i can see now why you made that last thread lol. the fairness is just not there. it feels like they don't really give shiit about na as far as events and items go. they're good on most of the content atleast.....

Lute
09-20-2012, 07:25 PM
i can see now why you made that last thread lol. the fairness is just not there. it feels like they don't really give shiit about na as far as events and items go. they're good on most of the content atleast.....

We can't expect them to change anything without voicing our complaints so you know what, lets keep doing that until they do something about it or at LEAST tell us why they won't.

blazingturd
09-20-2012, 07:36 PM
We can't expect them to change anything without voicing our complaints so you know what, lets keep doing that until they do something about it or at LEAST tell us why they won't.

oh ya eh? no offence but did u start playing yesterday? do u know how many banned forum accounts i have for voicing my opinion? i'm surprised your forum acc isn't banned yet. sorry to be so blunt but that's the truth

plzbuffme
09-20-2012, 07:55 PM
i understand your point about sgh being readily available so that the new player base can stand on equal footing with the older player...

but we dont need to bring in sghh over here.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-20-2012, 08:01 PM

I've ragequit a few times over the lack of content not being equal to other servers,The only event I can think of that was on par with an EU or KR event was our golden ticket event,an event designed for the super-rich that very few got the opportunity to take advantage of....The last hunting event we had before the update dropped rare scrolls...rate,mcr,amp...but I didn't see one,very few did.

When was the last time permanent costume epaulets were obtainable from an event boss?

truely false
09-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Dam EU cabal gets an awesome event like that with hardness cap lv7 and safe guards with high drop rate as well as high multi drops. We be getting screwed NA style...:p :mad: :p

Lute
09-20-2012, 09:40 PM
oh ya eh? no offence but did u start playing yesterday? do u know how many banned forum accounts i have for voicing my opinion? i'm surprised your forum acc isn't banned yet. sorry to be so blunt but that's the truth

I've never had a real issue with voicing my opinion without doing so in a highly negative and rude manner. If you're yelling and swearing and making a rant more than a real argument it's not really worth the GMs time to even bother sometimes. It also doesn't help when you have a history of making multiple accounts just to flame and rant about things that aren't always real issues that the GMs have any control over. Not saying that's you but when you make a forum account named "blazingturd" it's not hard for the GMs to not exactly expect you to be serious or respectful in what you post.

Also I know where people are coming from about that sghh shouldn't be in shop or in game etc but how is that really fair? People that have forcium amp gear that once was far superior to sigmetal etc now are stuck with +9 or +11 armor that barely compares to +15 sigmetal and thus makes the prices drop like mad because while people with high grade gear can + things safely you can't + the highest grade gear in the same way. Same thing with sehh to an extent, +15 sigmetal that can much more easily be extended makes what SHOULD be superior forcium pale in comparison because we lack the ability to use it to its full potential that it was designed for. Forcium was designed to be better than sigmetal, but simply due to the limitations on items that aren't meant to be limited in such way they're forced to be worse in most cases. If sghh were available to everyone, everyone could work toward forcium gear and be equally rewarded with what should be better gear. Instead as it is now it's only the lucky or obscenely rich that can even use much of the forcium gear as it should be available and the ever growing abundance of forcium gear that can't be used as intended makes it worth less and less compared to what should be worse gear.

truely false
09-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Also I know where people are coming from about that sghh shouldn't be in shop or in game etc but how is that really fair? People that have forcium amp gear that once was far superior to sigmetal etc now are stuck with +9 or +11 armor that barely compares to +15 sigmetal and thus makes the prices drop like mad because while people with high grade gear can + things safely you can't + the highest grade gear in the same way. Same thing with sehh to an extent, +15 sigmetal that can much more easily be extended makes what SHOULD be superior forcium pale in comparison because we lack the ability to use it to its full potential that it was designed for. Forcium was designed to be better than sigmetal, but simply due to the limitations on items that aren't meant to be limited in such way they're forced to be worse in most cases. If sghh were available to everyone, everyone could work toward forcium gear and be equally rewarded with what should be better gear. Instead as it is now it's only the lucky or obscenely rich that can even use much of the forcium gear as it should be available and the ever growing abundance of forcium gear that can't be used as intended makes it worth less and less compared to what should be worse gear.

Now that sounds logical as well as valid when looking at Forcium and Sig in this/your perspective. I remember when Forcium was the gear everyone was striving for and there was just a few who had a full set not like today you see players with Forcium gear all over the maps. I just excepted it as the evolution of the game but the way you but it, yah, I can agree with your perspective. Especially after the last sig event so many +15 Sig parts.

Nuisa
09-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Im from EU.

The turtles respawn every 30min (one per map). So if you control a map (lets say you know exact respawn time of the boss for 10+ chanel), this means per hour you kill 20 bosses (one each 3min). I takes 1.5min to kill solo and 40-50sec in duo.

From my experience 25% chance to drop a SGH or SGHH from a turtle and SGH drops 2 times more often than SGHH.
This means in 1hr 5 boss drop SGX and you get around 3 SGH and 2 SGHH.

you farm 12hr per day (some farming 24/24), you about 36SGH and 25 SGHH.

You see the OPness of the event.

In my opinion the event is TOO IMBA. All nolife nubs have FULL set +15 now (in just 3 days of event). The event will be about 1 month long.

in 30 days of nolife people can get a full 999 stack of SGH and about 400SGHH.

LOOOOOOL.

I wasted billions of alz to buy SGH/SGHH in cash shop (from vouchers) and now all nubs getting those FREE. Its pissing me off...

Best Regards,
(GAA)Nuisa
Cabal EU

P.S: About minesta quest capsules: each turtle in Fgr+ maps drops a bundle of them (from No 1 to 31). Usually it drop like 10-15 capsules.
It drops SOO much that people dont bother looting any, they take SGX, fury pots and potions.
In AH the capsules are cheapppppp, ALL are below 100k each.

Lute
09-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Im from EU.

The turtles respawn every 30min (one per map). So if you control a map (lets say you know exact respawn time of the boss for 10+ chanel), this means per hour you kill 20 bosses (one each 3min). I takes 1.5min to kill solo and 40-50sec in duo.

From my experience 25% chance to drop a SGH or SGHH from a turtle and SGH drops 2 times more often than SGHH.

In my opinion the event is TOO IMBA. All nolife nubs have FULL set +15 now (in just 3 days of event). The event will be about 1 month long.

LOOOOOOL.

I wasted billions of alz to buy SGH/SGHH in cash shop (from vouchers) and now all nubs getting those FREE. Its pissing me off...

Best Regards,
(GAA)Nuisa
Cabal EU

P.S: About minesta quest capsules: each turtle in Fgr+ maps drops a bundle of them (from No 1 to 31). Usually it drop like 10-15 capsules.
It drops SOO much that people dont bother looting any, they take SGX, fury pots and potions.

You'll be praising how many minesta quests you have come the update to your server...all of them are OP as can be on here, I'd kill for just those from an event like this. While I know that the event is a kick in the balls to people who spent a fortune on safeguards I don't really know if it's wrong, maybe the drop rate is a bit too high but I'd much prefer a too high drop rate than a too low drop rate like we always get where they might as well not be in the drop table. That said, it's typical and imo as it should be that eventually things that were once rare become more common and available to everyone. Personally I might think the minesta quests should be account bind but at least when they're not you can store them on alts. Then again since you have the premium DX and minesta quests for them it isn't nearly as bad to get stains to begin with as we have it. MO quests are ~18m each in AH here.

Nozomi
09-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Im from EU.

LOOOOOOL.

Best Regards,
(GAA)Nuisa
Cabal EU

all nolife nubs?

Always complaining omg.

If event is pay 2 win, none is happy. If it is play 2 win, none is happy. I always see everyone saying "you have to play hard to get pro" and now you actually can do that.

IBladE
09-21-2012, 06:27 AM
all nolife nubs?

Always complaining omg.

If event is pay 2 win, none is happy. If it is play 2 win, none is happy. I always see everyone saying "you have to play hard to get pro" and now you actually can do that.

This game is just full of pussies who complain about every aspect of it yet they don't pay a single dime to play it and expect their opinion to be heard and acted upon.

Triplethreat
09-21-2012, 07:05 AM
This game is just full of pussies who complain about every aspect of it yet they don't pay a single dime to play it and expect their opinion to be heard and acted upon.

And they want everything given to them easily and for free.

Valdoroth
09-21-2012, 07:11 AM

Pretty cool event yeye.

Proof that events like this ruin the game's difficulty factor.

Safeguards were worst idea even implemented I think.

truely false
09-21-2012, 07:41 AM
I believe the EU play style is more toward pvp and NW/TG not so much pve. This maybe why they have events like this so the gap between players with op gear and players without doesn't get to wide. Maybe an EU player could inlighten us or confirm.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
09-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Euro Cabal is run by "Game-Masters" but the game is OWNED by EST, just like how OGPlanet use to run our Cabal. While EST might not "run" it, they own the game and Euro can't do ANYTHING content-wise on their game (updates, events, cash shop changes etc) unless EST gives them permission to do so. So while it might not be "run" by EST, they're still in complete control over the content they are allowed to have and release just as they are for us. Technically it should be HARDER for Euro to get new and different events and content than it is for our server.
wow.. that makes sense -_____- y est hate us

xFaLL3NxAng3L
09-21-2012, 09:20 AM
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ i iz pro

this game is just full of pussies who complain about every aspect of it yet they don't pay a single dime to play it and expect their opinion to be heard and acted upon.

6IX
09-21-2012, 09:35 AM

You're wrong.

EST provides them with the content update. Anything else is up to Game Masters, that means the cash shop, events, drop rate and everything is up to them.

EST receives a portion of the money Game Masters earn from CABAL EU. EST doesnt control what they do with the game as long as it does not breach any of their contracts.

BTW, the GMs do no make these events. It's their Producers or Project Managers who handle and manages the activity for CABAL, that being said their events, cash shop, drop rate and other things are controlled by another department and not the customer service department. The GMs can only suggest and voice your opinion and not implement things unless told so by these producers/project managers.

Regarding this event? Seems to me its a hand out. Why dont you guys just request to be given +15 everything gear, since you want everything to be handed to you.

You guys seem to forget that EST is a business. Just like any business, they require to make money to continue.

Valdoroth
09-21-2012, 09:36 AM
I believe the EU play style is more toward pvp and NW/TG not so much pve. This maybe why they have events like this so the gap between players with op gear and players without doesn't get to wide. Maybe an EU player could inlighten us or confirm.

True. That may be very likely and I could see that as a viable reason. Didn't think of that,

Scarface
09-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Uhhhhh, I hope you are just kidding and don't think what you actually wrote has any semblance of truth. B/C you are flat out wrong.

Edit: I see someone else already pointed this out.

Lute
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Uhhhhh, I hope you are just kidding and don't think what you actually wrote has any semblance of truth. B/C you are flat out wrong.

Edit: I see someone else already pointed this out.

Really? And you're getting this info from where exactly? Because I've seen what I've said said by the Euro GMs on their forum and it's how it worked with OGPlanet running cabal as well which I know from personally talking to them and being a GA when they ran it. The Euro GMs might be able to ask for specific cash shop content or suggest event ideas but they still have to get it approved by EST in order to implement them. Typically the host of the game has no personal development staff that can do anything game code wise or such. And the comment about them being able to control drop rate is beyond laughable. We have the same drop rate Euro has. They use to have a different drop rate previously with episode 1 but that too was by control of EST not their own management. They were later changed to the same as all other servers and like now all server content is suppose to be the same and controlled by EST.

EST provides them with the content update. Anything else is up to Game Masters, that means the cash shop, events, drop rate and everything is up to them.

And you know this how? Because you're a random person who thinks that's how it works? Go ask any of the GMs on Euro or heck just look for what they've said before in the past. Game Masters in general have very little control over the game and I assure you while they may have some pull as far as suggesting or asking for things in cash shop or events they have ZERO control over drop rate.

Its people like you who don't realize how much our server is treated differently than all the other servers and who think it's "normal" who just give the GMs the idea that they can just keep doing it since nobody notices.

Nozomi
09-21-2012, 01:24 PM
You're wrong.

EST receives a portion of the money Game Masters earn from CABAL EU. EST doesnt control what they do with the game as long as it does not breach any of their contracts.

BTW, the GMs do no make these events. It's their Producers or Project Managers who handle and manages the activity for CABAL, that being said their events, cash shop, drop rate and other things are controlled by another department and not the customer service department. The GMs can only suggest and voice your opinion and not implement things unless told so by these producers/project managers.

Regarding this event? Seems to me its a hand out. Why dont you guys just request to be given +15 everything gear, since you want everything to be handed to you.

You guys seem to forget that EST is a business. Just like any business, they require to make money to continue.

Wrong. Viral stated many times that everything is up to EST. GM.com can just make suggestions, nothing more than that.
They have absolutely no power on the game mechanics: they can't change droprate, they can't create items, they can't run events without EST's permission. Everything they do must be aknowledged by koreans.

Why do you care if everyone will have +15 gears? It's a game, not real life, they are not handing out nuclear bombs to kiddies. I'm happy everyone will enjoy the game at its fullest now, because fighting +15 overgeared players when you can't do any kind of damage to them is stressful to say the least.

My 1st war on NA server (t1) went like this: proc wiz came to N line, killed everyone with 2 skills while we hited 15 on him/her, war was already over in the first 2mins.

+15gearedplayer vs +9gearedplayer, the former will most likely win due to his gear alone. +15gearedplayer vs +15gearedplayer, who's gonna win? I'd say the most skilled one in this case.

6IX
09-21-2012, 01:46 PM
That is exactly how it works. Say as you wish, we're all random person here. You are no better than I am.

A GM do not make the events, change the cash shop, or change the drop rate. That's a fact, ask anyone who worked for a video game company.

The producers/project manager handles changes in events, cash shop, drop rate and such. They do not actually need to actually program these things into the game. That's the developers job, unless they're provided with the ability to do so themselves. Again, these changes is up to the agreement between Game Masters and EST.

EST quite obviously sold the publishing rights to Game Masters. Any publishing company deals with different types of gamer culture. They have to do their best to provide the best thing possible for the type of gamers they have.

Majority of the Gamers in different locations
NA = Crybaby and wants everything handed to them for free
EU = Casual/Hardcore Gamers
KR = Hardcore Gamers

In case you're wondering where these info came from. I worked for nexon as a QA, this is how they worked.

Your move random person.

spittaz
09-21-2012, 02:15 PM
That is exactly how it works. Say as you wish, we're all random person here. You are no better than I am.

A GM do not make the events, change the cash shop, or change the drop rate. That's a fact, ask anyone who worked for a video game company.

The producers/project manager handles changes in events, cash shop, drop rate and such. They do not actually need to actually program these things into the game. That's the developers job, unless they're provided with the ability to do so themselves. Again, these changes is up to the agreement between Game Masters and EST.

EST quite obviously sold the publishing rights to Game Masters. Any publishing company deals with different types of gamer culture. They have to do their best to provide the best thing possible for the type of gamers they have.

KR = Hardcore Gamers

In case you're wondering where these info came from. I worked for nexon as a QA, this is how they worked.

Your move random person.
agree

Lute
09-21-2012, 02:22 PM

KR = Hardcore Gamers

Your move random person.

I'm a lot less of a random person in this situation than you are. You worked for nexon? grats. This isn't nexon. I worked with GMs with OGPlanet and know how the relationship worked between host and EST. How Nexon as a host handles things is completely irreverent to the discussion seeing as they DON'T HOST CABAL. As Nozomi said, as the OGP GMs said, as the EU GMs have said...it's not the company that runs the game that has control, you say that it's the producers/product managers that do? The HOST doesn't HAVE those with these games. The host doesn't have control over those things it's all the Korean EST branch that controls what content they can have. EST sold the right to game-masters to HOST the game in their area, just as they had sold the rights to OGPlanet before, then after the contract was up they didn't renew it and thus the newly made American branch of EST was given it to host here. You can't shoehorn experience with one company and their practices around a different game to the way that all hosts handle games.

I fail to see how you working for Nexon has any relevance here when you're arguing with 1) a GAA from Euro cabal 2) a previous GA from NA cabal 3) the word of both previous NA GMs with OGPlanet and the word of Euro GMs

Nexon is the SAME company for most of their games as the development company, they aren't simply a host company for all their games either, so arguing that they have the same restrictions as a host company isn't really valid at all.

And regardless of what you're calling the "player culture" EST has stated multiple times that they're trying to make all versions of Cabal identical, as in they all have the same drop rate, content etc. They aren't giving the host companies permission to just change and customize the games as they please because they want all the different versions to have the same experience and content etc. Which is the main reason I bring up how this server repeatedly seems to miss out on content that other servers have.

Berserk_Fury
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Saying that GMc.com in euro have full control over cabal server is like saying that your local McDonalds has full control over what products and services they have, and not the corporate they got their license from.

6IX
09-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Nexon NA, ESTsoft Inc and Game Masters are all publishing companies.

Nexon NA, does not develop the games themselves. They publish Nexon games and they "westernize" most of their games based on the gamer's needs..
ESTsoft Inc. does not develop CABAL. They publish it for ESTsoft Corp. they do as they wish what they believe the gamer's needs.
Game Masters publish CABAL for ESTsoft corp in EU.

You being Game Adviser or whatever GA means, means nothing as you have limited knowledge about how a gaming company works.

Events, Cash Shops and like I said drop rate(by means of 50%+ drop rate event) is controlled by the publishing company. Now unless you actually got paid to work with a gaming company, your GA status does not count for anything. You do not know anything about the gaming industry. You have no knowledge what so ever, so stop pushing your piss-poor knowledge about how the gaming industry works.

6IX
09-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Saying that GMc.com in euro have full control over cabal server is like saying that your local McDonalds has full control over what products and services they have, and not the corporate they got their license from.

That's the reason they say on special events that it's only valid on participating locations. That means a franchise who do not wish to participate are not forced into it, it's called a contract. If its not in the contract, the company cannot force you to do anything even if they own the name.

And no I didnt say GMc have full control of CABAL. I said they have control over events and cash shops and drop rates. So dont try to change what I said.

Lute
09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Nexon NA, ESTsoft Inc and Game Masters are all publishing companies.

Nexon NA, does not develop the games themselves. They publish Nexon games and they "westernize" most of their games based on the gamer's needs..
ESTsoft Inc. does not develop CABAL. They publish it for ESTsoft Corp. they do as they wish what they believe the gamer's needs.
Game Masters publish CABAL for ESTsoft corp in EU.

You being Game Adviser or whatever GA means, means nothing as you have limited knowledge about how a gaming company works.

Events, Cash Shops and like I said drop rate(by means of 50%+ drop rate event) is controlled by the publishing company. Now unless you actually got paid to work with a gaming company, your GA status does not count for anything. You do not know anything about the gaming industry. You have no knowledge what so ever, so stop pushing your piss-poor knowledge about how the gaming industry works.

You realize there's a difference between a PUBLISHING company and a HOSTING company? And the contracts can be different for different games and different host companies? NONE of the companies that host cabal can directly control ANY events, cash shop items or drop rate. They have to have approval from EST corp, in Korea to do ANY of those things. They can ask for X event or X cash shop update or whatever but they are required to get permission and approval from EST. They can't just pop in whatever items or events they want, they have to ask for it and be allowed to. I might not have worked for the company directly as a GA but I worked WITH the GMs and had direct communication with them and knew for a fact that they could not just do whatever they wanted. They repeatedly told everyone that they could only suggest things and ask for things from EST, they had ZERO direct control. This might not be the same with other companies such as Nexon with your experience but that means NOTHING considering they're different companies and thus have different policies and contracts etc. "How the gaming industry works"? You realize the gaming industry includes more than a single company and that all different companies work differently and have different ways of doing things? Nexon may allow publishers and hosts to customize their version to their audience but that is not the same for all companies, some have stricter contracts and can only do what they're told and allowed to because some developers who created the game don't want their game changed for other areas. Your "knowledge" about the gaming industry seems like it's limited to your experience with a single company and even then as a QA you're at the bottom of the chain there as it is. I don't see how that makes you an expert on all games and all developers and how all games are run. I'm not arguing that I'm an expert on the gaming industry, but you're comparing your experience with a completely different company to the experience of GA and GAAs with experience WITH CABAL and the world of CABAL GMs on multiple servers.

And no I didnt say GMc have full control of CABAL. I said they have control over events and cash shops and drop rates. So dont try to change what I said. If this WERE true why have GMc GMs said the opposite of this them self multiple times? They DON'T have control over events and cash shop and drop rates, they simply implement and host events that they are given and allowed to implement and run by EST

truely false
09-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Not sure but 6IX maybe right but only when talking about Pservers. As for offical servers the all mighty EST owns and controls all but 6IX may have a point about tailoring the game according to player location as respect to events and cash shop only. As for drop rates well that is the question isn't it, weather EST is keeping it the same for all Official servers or do they really have it different depending on server local.
Hmmm, I know lets ask Mr.Owl he will know. Mr.Owl how many licks does it take to get to the center of the tootsie pop...a 1, a 2, a 3...*crunch*. It takes 3...lmao. My point is guess will never truly know unless EST releases drop rate details which is unlike.

Nozomi
09-21-2012, 06:42 PM
6IX I don't know if you ever read EU forums but we had to live with "we will forward to est" "this was planned by EST" for years.
If you do not believe me you can open a thread on our forums and ask everyone. Only power our GMs have is related to item shop, and not totally. Some time ago EST decided to remove oath of sacrifice from our shop on their own and you don't even know how many times players asked GMs to put them back and got "unfortunately we can't" as an answer.

Lute
09-21-2012, 06:53 PM
6IX I don't know if you ever read EU forums but we had to live with "we will forward to est" "this was planned by EST" for years.
If you do not believe me you can open a thread on our forums and ask everyone. Only power our GMs have is related to item shop, and not totally. Some time ago EST decided to remove oath of sacrifice from our shop on their own and you don't even know how many times players asked GMs to put them back and got "unfortunately we can't" as an answer.

I'm jealous that you ever had them in cash shop D:

6IX
09-21-2012, 10:07 PM
EST is able to state which items can be sold and which items cannot. but, when these "available" items are sold is up to Game Masters.

Your whole idea that Game Masters has 0 control over the game they are publishing is utter stupidity. If, EST controls everything about the CABAL, then how come the events are different? How come all the EU events seems to be better than NA? If EST has control over that, why not run the same event for both EU and NA.

Events and Cash Shop for both EU and NA is different. Safe Guard is available in EU and in NA it's a safeguard event. It doesnt make sense that NA wouldnt work like EU if it is all up to EST, there's money to be earned and like I said, EST is a business.

Your logic and your reason doesnt even match.

Berserk_Fury
09-22-2012, 03:33 AM
EST is able to state which items can be sold and which items cannot. but, when these "available" items are sold is up to Game Masters.

Your whole idea that Game Masters has 0 control over the game they are publishing is utter stupidity. If, EST controls everything about the CABAL, then how come the events are different? How come all the EU events seems to be better than NA? If EST has control over that, why not run the same event for both EU and NA.

Events and Cash Shop for both EU and NA is different. Safe Guard is available in EU and in NA it's a safeguard event. It doesnt make sense that NA wouldnt work like EU if it is all up to EST, there's money to be earned and like I said, EST is a business.

Easy, when their GMs decide they want to have an event, they compile the event information and forward it to EST for approval. If they get the approval then their server gets the event. If they don't then they can't put the event in. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

Lute
09-22-2012, 07:53 AM

......THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON FOR THIS THREAD

They DO control what events/content can be on Euro and they DO have different events. Which is WHY I'm complaining and saying we SHOULD have the same content. They control it yet they don't give us the same things they let them have and they give no explanation why.