View Full Version : GameGuard Issues!! Help please!!

SpellBlade
09-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Ive already filled out two tickets regarding this issue, the first that was replied to put this:

This is Support Team.

Please find answers to your submitted ticket as below.
If you feel this is not so helpful to resolve your issue, please submit a new ticket again with more detailed information, so we can support you more.

==================================================
*Your ID: UltimaWolf90
*Submitted Time: 15:50 09/26/2012
*Subject: GameGuard Error
--------------------------------------------------
*You wrote

When doing the Cabal Uploader, it goes through the updates with no issues, when it gets to the GameGuard, the update stops at 1/4 and then it loads the game, however, it says that there has been an error and it doesn't allow me access to the game. It says that the GameGuard update was interupted, something about an erl issue. I have tried to delete and reinstall the GameGuard folder, I have ran my AV and found no viruses on my computer. I have rebooted my computer, ran CCleaner and still no effect.

Greetings,

If you keep having trouble with the same issue continuously, please try the following steps:

*Try running as an administrator:
Just right-click the short-cut you click to play, and choose 'Run as Administrator' and see if that helps.

*Disable UAC:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off

1. Click the "Check Files" button on the launcher. It will take some time to check all CABAL client files.

2. Turn off your Anti-Virus software add CABAL to your Anti-Virus Exception list.

3. Add CABAL, Game Guard to your Firewall Exception list.
*If you suddenly cannot enter the game after an update, please delete the old exe file from the exception list and then re-add the new one. Firewalls and Anti-Viruses know when an exe file changes and will always attempt to block the new version.

*Ensure your firewall is allowing access to CABAL.
Also you can try adding the following files to your firewalls exception list:
C:\Program Files/CABAL Online (US)/cabal.exe
C:\Program Files/CABAL Online (US)/CabalMain.exe
C:\Program Files/CABAL Online (US)/GameGuard.des

4. Turn off any program that could crash with nProtect Game Guard

5. Adjust your graphics settings (e.g. anti-sampling on/off; full screen on/off)

6. Delete the GameGuard folder, this will reinstall once you run the game.

7. Please up-to-date all your drivers to the latest version.

8. Reinstall the client after a proper uninstall and delete manually the remaining folder of CABAL Online.
(Default path: C:/Program Files/Cabal Online (US)

If this guide does not give you a solution, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Game Master Snow

*Replied Time: 17:04 09/26/2012

We hope you to enjoy CABAL Online with ESTsoft.
Thank you very much.

I have clicked on the "Check Files" and it showed no issues, I have run a full scan of my computer and done a CCleaner. Can't turn off my AV due to virus risks with it being an online update, and adding the Cabal/GameGuard folders to the Exemption lists bypass the security of my AV, and I don't trust any game enough to do this. I do not know which programs would conflict with GameGuard as I have not downloaded anything new within the past month aside from updates my computer does automatically. And I am unable to do a full uninstall/reinstall, my internet connection is to slow. I would need to move to a highspeed connection with an ethernet cable, but there is nowhere nearby that I could go to access such.

Is there any other way I can bypass the GameGuard issue and be able to play the game? Someone has suggested I find someone who has a working GG folder and copy it from them, I have tried this from a link given, but when I tried to download, it came up as a file rather than a zipped folder for me to extract the contents of.

Sprite
09-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Get winrar, that's what I sent you the file as.

SpellBlade
09-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Get winrar, that's what I sent you the file as.
Winrar?

Sprite
09-27-2012, 08:27 AM
http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

Just download it, it's free.

SpellBlade
09-27-2012, 08:49 AM
http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

Just download it, it's free.

I downloaded the WinRAR, would you mind listing the steps to do to get the GameGuard folder to where it'll work?

Sprite
09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
So after you dl and install winrar, you extract the gameguard folder to something similar to this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)

And you just put the folder in there and you should be fine.

SpellBlade
09-27-2012, 08:58 AM
So after you dl and install winrar, you extract the gameguard folder to something similar to this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)

And you just put the folder in there and you should be fine.

The GG folder you uploaded, is it one that is recently updated and working? My issue with GameGuard is, when it starts to do the new update, it gets to 1 MB/4.5 MB and then it closes out of the GameGuard screen and moves on to Cabal and brings up the error report that the update was messed up

Sprite
09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, the one I uploaded is the current version

SpellBlade
09-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Alright, well I'll try and download it and see if I can get it to work or not... if so, hopefully I can get back on Cabal

SpellBlade
09-27-2012, 09:28 AM
It keeps interupting the GameGuard download for some reason, and this is getting annoying, so far nothing is working right

SpellBlade
09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah, the one I uploaded is the current version
Its not even letting me download the file now, this is seriously pissing me off... cant get anything done, everything I have tried hasnt worked as far as getting Cabal back up, nothing new regarding my tickets and looks like the only other option available is to uninstall the game - yet if I do that, I might as well just quit and not even worry about playing it anymore at all...

ROFLwiz
09-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Stop being a wuss and just turn off ur AV for a simple update. Even if GG did update a virus, when u turned ur AV on full scan and check for viruses and it will get rid of them. zzz kids these days.