PDA

View Full Version : Guild Emblem Event dp calculation

tyrel21
09-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Can anyone explain how est is calculating the guild dp for the emblem event? The number of dp next to those listed on the leaderboard don't seem to be a straight 1 to 1 conversion for dp gained by a guild.

DanteX
09-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Can anyone explain how est is calculating the guild dp for the emblem event? The number of dp next to those listed on the leaderboard don't seem to be a straight 1 to 1 conversion for dp gained by a guild.
i am sure it takes a while for it to update

Ayeka
09-28-2012, 12:24 AM
well if you have alts in your guild only the highest ranked alt will give you points to the event
example main 177 alt 160 you run a few doungons with the 160 and get 12 dp and the 177 runs 3 dp only 3 dp is given to the guild score

justice
09-28-2012, 12:50 AM
yea no something is definitely up. it would be nice if for once they could explain things clearly so ppl know wtf they're doing. bad enough they trashed a days worth of work by screwing up m/a but now we dont even know exactly how this dp calculation works because for sure there's something else to it other than wat was detailed in the notes. i kept track of my guildies and their dp today and we by far exceeded the total of all the top 3 guilds in our tier yet we're not even in teh top 3 and no we dont have alts, these r all diff ppl playing diff accounts so i have no idea wat's going on. i would rly appreciate it if they could tell us how they're tallying this so that i dont waste my time spamming dungeons if they dont even count for sht.

tyrel21
09-28-2012, 03:01 AM
My main is in a t5 guild, but i have an alt in a t3 guild. The t3 guild is trying to win the event but we aren't even in the top 3 at the moment. If the calculation is based on a 1 to 1 conversion for all the dp gained by the top level char of each person in the guild then on the first day we had at least 3 times what Aion is showing as of midnight cabal time (most recent update) on the 28th.

Either the calculator is seriously bugged or there is some other factor that goes into calculating the guild dp than what was included in the details of the event.

Cathy
09-28-2012, 03:56 AM
My main is in a t5 guild, but i have an alt in a t3 guild. The t3 guild is trying to win the event but we aren't even in the top 3 at the moment. If the calculation is based on a 1 to 1 conversion for all the dp gained by the top level char of each person in the guild then on the first day we had at least 3 times what Aion is showing as of midnight cabal time (most recent update) on the 28th.

Either the calculator is seriously bugged or there is some other factor that goes into calculating the guild dp than what was included in the details of the event.

It's not a 1:1 conversion. It's being divided by some random number that we don't know; i'll guess 10.

So if 10 people all make 100 dp, thats not 1000 guild points. That's like 100 guild points.

Conversely, if a guild has 150 points, they made 1500 dp, not only 150 dp

So what that means: your DP IS being counted, they just divided it for the sake of having smaller numbers to make it easier to track instead of counting like 10k+ (it's completely arbitrary since all counts will be divided exactly the same way). If a guild has 50 points they did 500 dp, and if a guild has 200 points they did 2000 dp. You just need to score more, since it IS being counted.

Abi
09-28-2012, 05:35 AM
I agree in this case that a little bit more information would be most welcomed.

I wont waste any more time tho, off to spam those DX

Cathy
09-28-2012, 07:49 AM
I agree in this case that a little bit more information would be most welcomed.

I wont waste any more time tho, off to spam those DX

I don't see why its really necessary to say that 1 dp = 0.1 points or w/e, as long as they're correctly counting everyone evenly, which people should assume is the case: this thread was made because people thought their dp wasn't being counted because the calculator was bugged, not because they said 'GM's you gave this guild more points than they deserve' etc etc.

Abi
09-28-2012, 07:52 AM
you dont see why?

Hmmm... well, it would be nice to know, so that people would know "ok so we need at least _____ dp to catch up with guild X" and then figure out if it's worth trying or not.

whitetrash
09-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Just run your <removed> off and stop crying either you want it or you don't if you want it you will pass them spend less time ing here and more time running dungs you might be able to do it

Cathy
09-28-2012, 09:25 AM
you dont see why?

Hmmm... well, it would be nice to know, so that people would know "ok so we need at least _____ dp to catch up with guild X" and then figure out if it's worth trying or not.

Here's a hint. If it's close, then try. If they have double, don't bother. It's not that hard to figure out that 180 and 200 is almost the same while 200 is way bigger than 80. Any 10 year old can think in percentages and fractions.

Just run your ass off and stop crying either you want it or you don't if you want it you will pass them spend less time ing here and more time running dungs you might be able to do it

Or you can just sit back and relax cause our guilds already have emblems :cool:

Abi
09-28-2012, 09:27 AM
thing is with only 3 showing up, you cant figure out if you're close or not. you could be tied even with #3 and not showing up

tangerade
09-28-2012, 10:03 AM
how can you not figure it out? most of the guilds in first place are miles ahead of third

Cathy
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
thing is with only 3 showing up, you cant figure out if you're close or not. you could be tied even with #3 and not showing up

There's a reason its called a leaderboard. They said right in the event announcement that they will show the points of the TOP guilds.

ROFLwiz
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
There's a reason its called a leaderboard. They said right in the event announcement that they will show the points of the TOP guilds.

Oink

tyrel21
09-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Cathy, the thread was not made because i didnt think the dp was not being calculated, my question was how is the dp being calculated, as in what formula are they using?

I agree it really doesnt matter what formula is used as long as they apply it evenly, however, inquiring minds want to know!!! :)

Abi
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Not to forget to mention that previous Guild emblem event was way more complex (it involved both AP gained as well as low level chars gaining levels) and yet they had put out exactly how the points were attributed.

This just doesnt add up....

Something's wrong.

Cathy
09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Not to forget to mention that previous Guild emblem event was way more complex (it involved both AP gained as well as low level chars gaining levels) and yet they had put out exactly how the points were attributed.

This just doesnt add up....

Something's wrong.

You're making it harder than it has to be

[How to Participate]
1. Play CABAL as a guild joined character
2. Run dungeons to gain Dungeon Points (DP) which will be contributed to your guilds total dungeon points.
3. The guild with the most Dungeon Points wins a personalized guild emblem and a guild title.

Idk about you but I read this and thought it was pretty easy to understand

It doesn't really matters if 1 dp = 1 point, or if 1 dp = 0.1 points, or if 1 dp = 10 points. All that matters is that dp turns into points...

Abi
09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
OMG no one cares that you like being ignorant,

it's a legitimate question, some people do care enough and want to know, so please, leave if you don't.

ForumHavoc
09-28-2012, 04:40 PM
2ez

justice
09-29-2012, 11:03 AM
i want to know so that i can: 1. calculate my guild's dp according to their formula so that i can confirm that they're recording it properly and 2. so that i can calculate how far we're behind. i know some ppl that have alrdy sent gms msgs via forum, facebook and even through ticket yet they're not replying at all. y so tightlipped about it? it's rather suspicious to me tbh. as many ppl would agree with me it's obvious that certain ppls and/or guilds r favoured moreso than others and to be so tightlipped about this formula leaves the door wide open for the event to be rigged cuz noone knows if wat's being recorded is even accurate. just my 2 cents.

noop
09-29-2012, 11:29 AM
OMG no one cares that you like being ignorant,

it's a legitimate question, some people do care enough and want to know, so please, leave if you don't.

For reals Cathy, just shut your mouth and let them try and get their answer...

Cathy
09-29-2012, 11:57 AM
For reals Cathy, just shut your mouth and let them try and get their answer...

Lol everybody in this thread who's complaining about not knowing the multiplication/division factor is just saying "its suspicious" and "some guilds are favored" etc etc. They're just trying to promote conspiracy theories/crying about why their guild isn't ranked and the event is rigged.

Anybody can say "we don't know if what they're doing is accurate" and it won't be affected by how much dp is multiplied. You could even take the cabal global camp voting, and say "we don't know if GM's rigged this event" but multiplying or dividing votes by 10 and calling it points isn't going to make a difference.

I already said: it doesn't matter if 1 dp = 1 point or 1 dp = 10 points. The end result is going to be the exact same thing. Whatever the DP is multiplied by is what we call arbitrary. Read a damn book or look it up in a dictionary.

Cocopuffy
09-29-2012, 12:04 PM
i think you guys spend too much time arguing over this while instead you could be racking up points
perfection #1 woo

ForumHavoc
09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
i think you guys spend too much time arguing over this while instead you could be racking up points
perfection #1 woo

ElementalHavoc > Cocopuffy

Abi
09-29-2012, 01:01 PM
OMG she's still going

Cathy, you dont seem to understand that I don't care either if the ratio is 1:10 or 1:23 or 1:whatever-bloody-odd-number. I just want to know what's the ratio to be able to plan out.

What's the problem with getting the number out? You scared other guilds will catch up to yours and beat you or something? Are you that insecure?

justice
09-29-2012, 01:06 PM
o man u r thick, how about even if i concede ur moot point. how r the guilds chasing 1st 2nd or 3rd supposed to know empirically how much dp they're behind and whether or not they stand a chance or should just save their time and move on if they dont know exaclty how much they're behind. clearly the values r being reduced by some sort of multiplier and so how is say for example a guild that has 100 points know how much dp they're behind with respect toa guild that has 200 points. it's clearly not 100 dp, it could be 500, 1000, etc. at which point it would be beneficial to understand so that they can save time by not bothering if the lead is too large, etc. i had a much more crude response but i decided to take the high road and not resort to that kind of language altho ironically im sure many ppl here would understand it alot better if i did. now if u insist on continuing to force ur opinion on others then ill just tell u off like i had originally planned to.

Deathlymonkey
09-29-2012, 01:18 PM
OMG she's still going

Cathy, you dont seem to understand that I don't care either if the ratio is 1:10 or 1:23 or 1:whatever-bloody-odd-number. I just want to know what's the ratio to be able to plan out.

What's the problem with getting the number out? You scared other guilds will catch up to yours and beat you or something? Are you that insecure?

I am, because the guild that's in 2nd place right after mine hacks =(

Cathy
09-29-2012, 01:22 PM
OMG she's still going

I already said its not hard to use fractions. If you gain 100 points and another guild gains 200 points, you need to more than double your dp output. Is that really difficult to figure out and plan?

And my guild got an Emblem 2 years ago.

Cocopuffy
09-29-2012, 01:22 PM
ElementalHavoc > Cocopuffy

negative

Berserk_Fury
09-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I am, because the guild that's in 2nd place right after mine hacks =(

What guild is that?

Deathlymonkey
09-29-2012, 02:23 PM
What guild is that?

Vinacabal, they're all random viets you've never even heard of...plus they only have 2 lvl 180+ and 2 170+. I honestly don't see how they could manage to keep up with our DP.

Lulu
09-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Lol everybody in this thread who's complaining about not knowing the multiplication/division factor is just saying "its suspicious" and "some guilds are favored" etc etc. They're just trying to promote conspiracy theories/crying about why their guild isn't ranked and the event is rigged.

Anybody can say "we don't know if what they're doing is accurate" and it won't be affected by how much dp is multiplied. You could even take the cabal global camp voting, and say "we don't know if GM's rigged this event" but multiplying or dividing votes by 10 and calling it points isn't going to make a difference.

I already said: it doesn't matter if 1 dp = 1 point or 1 dp = 10 points. The end result is going to be the exact same thing. Whatever the DP is multiplied by is what we call arbitrary. Read a damn book or look it up in a dictionary.
You're bad I play fa better then you smashing my face on the keyboard k?

plzbuffme
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
if you're running dx dungeons and solo dungeons (ft1/sod) and think you can catch up to the lead guilds, you are either hopelessly optimistic or just plain retarded.

Sea
09-30-2012, 01:47 PM
would help if we knew the famous formula cuz that list doesnt seem accurate if u ask me........

plzbuffme
09-30-2012, 02:49 PM
who cares what the formula is? the formula is same for everyone.

Izumiia
09-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Vinacabal, they're all random viets you've never even heard of...plus they only have 2 lvl 180+ and 2 170+. I honestly don't see how they could manage to keep up with our DP.

?
how is aion a lvl3 guild still while bananalicious is now a lvl3 guild with less active people and we started from 1 since last event?

SantaClaus
09-30-2012, 05:00 PM
?
how is aion a lvl3 guild still while bananalicious is now a lvl3 guild with less active people and we started from 1 since last event?
magic

Cathy
09-30-2012, 05:16 PM
?

Because I p-leveled up banana

Deathlymonkey
10-01-2012, 02:39 AM
?

The original AioN is level5, we used an alt guild for the event :s no competition namsayin arch :3

Btw: IMICHUCUMBAKMENG :(

Izumiia
10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Because I p-leveled up banana
no, the random people we invited level it for us

The original AioN is level5, we used an alt guild for the event :s no competition namsayin arch :3
can't compete with the best huh

Deathlymonkey
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
no, the random people we invited level it for us

can't compete with the best huh

Can't compete with the elementalhavoc and stereolove and cocopuffy brah we way too lazy

Valdoroth
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
BTW, in case yall haven't figure it out, the update times are:

PST: 12:40am, 640am, 12:40pm, 6:40pm
EST: 3:40am, 9:40am, 3:40pm, 9:40pm

:P