PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that Cabal US have to work so hard while Cabal EU, KR have it easy?

star21
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Cabal EU turtle drop is ridiculous, players profit!

Cabal US drop rate decrease..WTF?

Maybe this why Cabal US community is declining...or this is done on purpose because EST is gradually moving out of US?

warparty
10-01-2012, 01:55 PM
You're really QQ'ing about cabal drop rate... lol ?

truely false
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Players have been QQing about drop rate since back in Feb of 08 and when EST nerf-ed the Alz drop amount well we all learned to deal with it cause not much we can do anyway. But hey from what I hear they will be increasing the drops and rates just a bit with ep10. Guess we will just have to wait and see until then.

jamnotjelly
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Players have been QQing about drop rate since back in Feb of 08 and when EST nerf-ed the Alz drop amount well we all learned to deal with it cause not much we can do anyway. But hey from what I hear they will be increasing the drops and rates just a bit with ep10. Guess we will just have to wait and see until then.

.00000001 increase <removed> yea >:0

Valdoroth
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
.00000001 increase fawk yea >:0
hey man! increase is increase at least! No complaints :D

truely false
10-01-2012, 04:22 PM
.00000001 increase fawk yea >:0

I feal yaw but again not much we can do about it if so...lol

Berserk_Fury
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Increase droprates -> prices drop -> you can't sell anything because everyone already has it -> you still don't have anything you need.

DanteX
10-01-2012, 06:32 PM
our player base is like a small village compared to their city. so with there servers you see more epic drops etc. compared to na.

Cathy
10-01-2012, 06:47 PM
our player base is like a small village compared to their city. so with there servers you see more epic drops etc. compared to na.

And that also means more people buy items, so things can always sell.

Increase droprates -> prices drop -> you can't sell anything because everyone already has it -> you still don't have anything you need.

This.

If we had the same amount of epic drops, nobody would buy anything like berserk fury said because everyone would already have all the epic gear they need, which means not everyone can get what they want; that's just the nature of the beast, a barter economy (the most severe form of capitalism).

The best thing you can do is try to get rich with the current drop lists/rates, because changing it to make it easier for you means making it even easier for others. In proportion to each other, it wouldn't make you any richer or stronger.

warparty
10-01-2012, 07:15 PM
well they didnt have to increase drop rate for inflation on the game... look at prices of all the ammys and rings... more than half what they used to be, and yeah i know you'll say something about the daily event, and yet you people want an increase on drop rate.... IF that ever happend crit ring2 would go down to like 50 mil ? how do you people expect to make money, even if youre not crafting dont expect such to drop every run.... hell if you craft it you're just loseing money even if it has success. id like to correct you people have been f'n whining about it for longer than estsoft. their is nothing wrong with the drop rate. they need to decrease it more. nothing is a rarity now. pointless as hell now. just my opinion.

truely false
10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
...a barter economy (the most severe form of capitalism)...

Not only the most severe but a server killer. I once had an account on a p server whose economy went souths because no one wanted to sell for Alz. They just wanted to trade for cash shop items or other in game rare items. This is why I said once had an account the server died.

Also as far as EST raising drops or rates with ep10 not to worry it won't destroy our economy because as Jamnotjelly so jokingly put it the increase will probably be very, very low.
If I remember correctly the developer stated that with Ep10 because the map mobs well be harder to kill, they will raise the drop rate and better drops as a reward for the hard work on killing them (the map mobs as well as bosses). No were does he say it will be a high rate just that they will raise the rate. So I wouldn't hold my breath as to the rates becoming high. This is why I said a bit which Jamnotjelly understood right off.

SantaClaus
10-01-2012, 08:49 PM
then everyone will have unicorns and ponies

Lulu
10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Work hard? No thanks I'll just pull out my credit card

truely false
10-01-2012, 09:41 PM

I'm sure EST will love you as long as your credit is good....lol. You know EST's moto "Long live the donator the life blood of a healthy server"...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hash
10-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure people from EU would QQ about our level of gear if they saw some of our player's gear. For example, Romp.

DanteX
10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
well they didnt have to increase drop rate for inflation on the game... look at prices of all the ammys and rings... more than half what they used to be, and yeah i know you'll say something about the daily event, and yet you people want an increase on drop rate.... IF that ever happend crit ring2 would go down to like 50 mil ? how do you people expect to make money, even if youre not crafting dont expect such to drop every run.... hell if you craft it you're just loseing money even if it has success. id like to correct you people have been f'n whining about it for longer than estsoft. their is nothing wrong with the drop rate. they need to decrease it more. nothing is a rarity now. pointless as hell now. just my opinion.
main cause of that is because anyone can make them and the ones who can drop ton alz on it causing the market to crash by crafting to much and underpricing. before only a few could craft them so there was a more set price that didnt change much

RazzvaN10
10-02-2012, 02:18 AM
I'm pretty sure people from EU would QQ about our level of gear if they saw some of our player's gear. For example, Romp.

We have our notorious alzbuyers / cc shoppers with uber gears aswell.. talking here about 14amp full set, 28/7 mith weaps (amp) and so on..
Idk about how Romp aquired his gears, but compared to our uber geared people, he can play his character as it`s meant to be played.

Hash
10-02-2012, 02:45 AM
We have our notorious alzbuyers / cc shoppers with uber gears aswell.. talking here about 14amp full set, 28/7 mith weaps (amp) and so on..
Idk about how Romp aquired his gears, but compared to our uber geared people, he can play his character as it`s meant to be played.

I'm not saying anything about how he acquired his gear. I know for a fact that he is a legit (if somewhat lucky in some ways) player. I'm just saying that I'm sure some people on EU would QQ about the level of gear on NA if they saw the best of ours.

Cathy
10-02-2012, 03:28 AM

Yes, but that's not due to drop rate (as NA/EU/KO do have the same drop tables/rates), the difference is that EU has a large population. So things like 14 amp gears exist because they have enough people for them to drop once in a while. Here in NA we probably have less than 1000 people and theres hardly any 14 amp gears because of it.

Berserk_Fury
10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm not saying anything about how he acquired his gear. I know for a fact that he is a legit (if somewhat lucky in some ways) player. I'm just saying that I'm sure some people on EU would QQ about the level of gear on NA if they saw the best of ours.

I loled

warparty
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Yes, but that's not due to drop rate (as NA/EU/KO do have the same drop tables/rates), the difference is that EU has a large population. So things like 14 amp gears exist because they have enough people for them to drop once in a while. Here in NA we probably have less than 1000 people and theres hardly any 14 amp gears because of it.

cabal na combined now with merc / venus has less than 500 actives now....

Cathy
10-02-2012, 01:17 PM

makes my point even more true :o

Nozomi
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I really can't believe less than 500 active players only.

We have around same amount on italian server yet our nation wars are 1vs1. Exactly, how many active players you have on mercury? How many on venus?

truely false
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM

Were you get that statistic 500 active, sounds random to me. If you check the globel camp voting count they had a total of 1279 votes. Now I'm not nieve to think those are all active accounts but even with a 3rd being none active that would leave roughly 853 which still is a small community but better than 500. OMG we're a village not a metropolis...lol

CABAL Global Camp Nominees:
1. xMiyuu – 356 Votes
2. Xiwi – 313 Votes
3. Romp – 293 Votes
Valdoroth – 268 Votes
Gregfishin – 49 Votes

total vote count 1279

Cathy
10-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Were you get that statistic 500 active, sounds random to me. If you check the globel camp voting count they had a total of 1279 votes. Now I'm not nieve to think those are all active accounts but even with a 3rd being none active that would leave roughly 853 which still is a small community but better than 500. OMG we're a village not a metropolis...lol

1. xMiyuu – 356 Votes
2. Xiwi – 313 Votes
3. Romp – 293 Votes
Valdoroth – 268 Votes
Gregfishin – 49 Votes

total vote count 1279

Why would you assume all those are active. I would consider active as: logging on almost every day.

Yeah there might be 50 v 50 wars (100 people in t5 alone) in Merc, but thats only once in a while.

People who go to war everyday will see the on average wars are more like 15 v 15 or 20 v 20, and I know in Venus you have like 2 v 2 wars lol (those are the people I'd call active)

warparty
10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
you really assume that many play ? it was 2 votes per ip. 1 per account. i hate this quote people use so im going to be condescending as usual DERP.
and well its not too hard to find a proxy? most ppl have 2-3 accounts..... i say max people play cabal na would be a little over 300 thats just an OPINION .
i could have 20 accounts or more.... and no one would assume. im 20 people.

truely false
10-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Okay I agree that not all of the votes tallied mean an active player. I will concede that but even if more than a 3rd are not, lets say half then that still leaves roughly 639 which is still better than 500...lol (reason for laughing is I just realized it doesn't matter) be it 300 or 500 or even 600+ I repeat, OMG! we're a village not a metropolis...lol...and a small one at that.

Andrea
10-02-2012, 11:22 PM
1200 / 2 lol = 600

some of those were multiple accounts haha

Izumiia
10-02-2012, 11:34 PM
yo some of us couldve voted that dont even play the game anymore. some of you guys are really hopeful that cabal is that alive as it is when most people that are on the game spend 50% of their time afking somewhere.

Nuisa
10-03-2012, 01:29 AM
and you assume ALL active player voted?

Lulu
10-03-2012, 03:40 AM
I sold my clothes and my swaggie scooter to buy vouchers! I walk naked to school now =<

TheZeeker
10-03-2012, 05:55 AM

alz buyer comment

Cathy
10-03-2012, 07:46 AM
alz buyer comment

No, what he said is true.

You can think about the distribution of wealth in terms of a bell curve.

If you increase drop rates, its not like you will get richer, because everyone else will proportionally get increased drops too, and potentially you'll just be worse off. Making game easier for 1 person is not the same as making the game easier for everybody. If it becomes easier for everybody, nothing really changes.

Easy example:

Upgrade Core High drops at a low rate, worth 1mil+

> People complain about UCH rate being too low

> UCH drop rate is increased and drops often now

> Upgrade Core High value is now only 600k

So you make more cores, but you make less money per core, net income is still the same (possibly worse).

Another example:

Eos8 worth 4b, when people had to trio ic2/aos2, and 6-7 man ft2, with bm2

Eos8 worth 1.8b, after people can solo ic2/aos2, and duo-trio ft2, with bm3

star21
10-04-2012, 02:04 PM
The way NA using to select representative with this type of vote is stupid and not legit like Cabal EU where things are voted in game. NA voting doesn't prevent ppl creating an account a week before the voting and cast vote from then. It's not accurate, a person can have like create 10 or 100 accounts or more and vote as many as they want. It's not an accurate count like character in game like CAbal EU. If this is a Global event, why isn't the rules be 1 set of rule to vote instead of every region have different rules. NA rules fail.

1. xMiyuu – 356 Votes
2. Xiwi – 313 Votes
3. Romp – 293 Votes
Valdoroth – 268 Votes
Gregfishin – 49 Votes

total vote count 1279

star21
10-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Either hack, non legit, or he must of spend like 24/7 to acquire it? no real life? but how lucky can you get? what extend? It just makes all of you wonder...

star21
10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
It be freaking fun as hell that during the process of Global Camp, EST run check on all winners gears to find out if it's legit or not, and some got ban lol

Cathy
10-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Either hack, non legit, or he must of spend like 24/7 to acquire it? no real life? but how lucky can you get? what extend? It just makes all of you wonder...

He is talking about cc shoppers in Cabal EU. Which means they poured a ton of real money into the game to buy items from other players.

And stuff like 14 amp sets and 28/7 forci weapons can exist there because of EU's population. In NA, something like a 14 amp drop is very rare and theres only a few because theres only a few hundred players. Lets say its a 1 in 100,000 drop.

In EU they probably have 4x as many players. So yeah it's rare but it's something that happens. with 4x more players, it's 4x more likely; just went from a 1 in 100,000 to a 1 in 25,000 drop.

warparty
10-04-2012, 04:28 PM
He is talking about cc shoppers in Cabal EU. Which means they poured a ton of real money into the game to buy items from other players.

And stuff like 14 amp sets and 28/7 forci weapons can exist there because of EU's population. In NA, something like a 14 amp drop is very rare and theres only a few because theres only a few hundred players. Lets say its a 1 in 100,000 drop.

In EU they probably have 4x as many players. So yeah it's rare but it's something that happens. with 4x more players, it's 4x more likely; just went from a 1 in 100,000 to a 1 in 25,000 drop.

Eh theres been same circumstances in NA but alot stop playing after OGP was revoked of contract. most just sell their cars / use college tuition for chars or gear, and yeah there always gear flowing around :p

Lord Kronius
10-04-2012, 04:46 PM

xDDDDDDD lmaoo