PDA

View Full Version : Help with gear please?

SpellBlade
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm a lvl 140 FB, HR 6 BM3 Lv1 and looking for suggestions on gear to upgrade to later when I get the alz for it, any suggestions that would provide optimal damage, and adequate defences would be greatly appreciated.

Current Gear:

Osmium Headgear of Annihilation +5 (26% cdi)
Forcium Suit of Amp. +7 (3% amp, 50 HP)
Forcium Gloves of Amp +7 (3% amp, 2% HP steal)
Forcium Boots of Amp +7 (3% amp, 50 HP)
Forcium Katana +8 (20% cdi)
Topaz Orb of Deathblow (26% cdi)
Bracelet of Fighter +2 (x2)
Vampiric Earring +2 (x2)
Ring of Luck +1 (x2)
Ring of Fighter +9 (x2)
Belt of Vital +2
Amulet of Pain +4
Epaulet of Fighter+6/Epaulet of Guard +5 (Looks xD)

I know that I need 7% amp gears for more damage, but am using the Forcium because it provides me the best defence right now which is needed for runs such as IC1, FT1, B2F and later, Lost Island.

Base Stats: > Buffed Stats:

Attack: 785 > 834
Magic Attack: 563 > 563
Defence: 880 > 894
Attack Rate: 2793 > 3413
Defence Rate: 2221 > 2501
Critical Rate: 25% > 40%
Critical Damage: 107% > 117%
Sword Skill Amp: 20% > 20%

I don't yet have my Lv 140 BSLV quest finished, so cannot stack my Ice/Lightning Blade yet, when I finish my quest, Itll give me an additional +39 Attack +5% Crit Dmg, +10% Crit Rate, putting me at... 873 Attack, 50% Crit Rate, 122% Crit Damage. Is there anyway I could change out my gear, without loosing a ton of defence (switching to Osmi 7%)? Currently, I haven't got any alz to spend, but I do not think it'll be overly to hard to gain cash once I start farming dungeons again, or farming stains to sell. If you could provide cheap gear samples, with aproximate price range, it'd be appreciated.

Cathy
10-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Bracelet of Fighter +3 (+3 Amp in Slot)

Osm Helm 36 cd

Merg/Killian

CheeseForMe
10-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Cathy is so helpful on the forums :D. It's to bad these forums doesnt have a reputation system for people who take the time to help. They should implement a system where you can. That way people are more willing to do so cause this community really needs it.

NJ CATHY!

Tsihpoca
10-11-2012, 01:17 AM
get more vamp 3% and 100+ max and you can lose the forci. get rank 10 for +6 bof base attack needs to be 960+. if you keep thinking forci your gona be weak later trust me i rocked the 3% forci forever. get your merg took me 86 runs to get it its well worth it. anywho any questions you can pm me anytime. im not the best geared but i know what ya need =P

jessicasorrow

Tsihpoca
10-11-2012, 01:18 AM
o fyi you have more def than me and im 175 lol

SpellBlade
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
get more vamp 3% and 100+ max and you can lose the forci. get rank 10 for +6 bof base attack needs to be 960+. if you keep thinking forci your gona be weak later trust me i rocked the 3% forci forever. get your merg took me 86 runs to get it its well worth it. anywho any questions you can pm me anytime. im not the best geared but i know what ya need =P

jessicasorrow

Have been trying to get the Merg ring, but I hate EOD to do the run so much at once without it giving any decent profit (s.tit/osmi trash gear) Id be higher on the honor rank right now, but I dont like the pvp on Cabal, and dont yet have the cash to get the quest plates to get my honor higher. Currently, Im sitting at like 900 def without eog/merc, 850 or so attack, dont know off hand. I have the Forcium only for the defence, because my guild/friends like to run IC1, FT1, B2F and such, and they just run past all of the trash mobs and go straight to the bosses - vamp gear won't help for when your not attacking.

Cathy
10-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Have been trying to get the Merg ring, but I hate EOD to do the run so much at once without it giving any decent profit (s.tit/osmi trash gear) Id be higher on the honor rank right now, but I dont like the pvp on Cabal, and dont yet have the cash to get the quest plates to get my honor higher. Currently, Im sitting at like 900 def without eog/merc, 850 or so attack, dont know off hand. I have the Forcium only for the defence, because my guild/friends like to run IC1, FT1, B2F and such, and they just run past all of the trash mobs and go straight to the bosses - vamp gear won't help for when your not attacking.

The point is that you should only need survival when a boss is hitting you. Anybody, even with sub-par gear, should be able to run past normal mobs.

SpellBlade
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
The point is that you should only need survival when a boss is hitting you. Anybody, even with sub-par gear, should be able to run past normal mobs.

Not when you are the same level as the normal mobs, and not without wasting a lot of health pots to do so. You need the defence in order to survive to make it to the bosses, otherwise your liable to die. Yeah sure, you might can make it there without, but without you have to use more health pots, and are more liable to die because of it, and then either the groups stuck waiting for you to run back, or continues on and kills the boss without you. Im in Forcium with 900 Def and mobs in B2F, IC1 and Ft1 still hit me hard when I just run through, not to mention the Fogs in B2F and the traps in FT1. I can understand going with more attack/amp to kill faster, but killing faster isn't going to help any at all if you just bypass mobs. In runs, I find that I often have to have my Corrupt Force Shielder Mercenary summoned (15 def) and I often wear my Epaulet of Guard +5 (15 def) just to be able to run past the mobs. I'll switch out my EoG+5 with EoF+6 at bosses... my point is, no amount of amp/vamp/att gear will help you get to the bosses without the right amount of defence, which is why I asked what gear would be best to "Upgrade" to to help maximize my attack and keep relatively high defence. I do not know if any Forcium 7% Epic even exist at this time on Mercury, or if so, it'd likely be 5B per item... I know that there are some very nice SIGMetal, but still, 2B pet item, even if +15 is a ittle to much for me at the time being. I do not spend real cash to buy ecoins/vouchers.. so I am asking, is there any set of gear that'll allow me to increase my attack to kill faster, and keep the same or close to on defence for a relatively fair price?

I'm in Forcium +7 Suit, Boots, Gloves, Osmium 26% cdi helm, Vamp+2 Earrings (Will upgrade to+3 at HR7), BoF+2 (Upgrading at HR7) RoF+9(2) RoL+1(2), Vamp Amulet +2/Amulet of Pain+4, Belt of Vital, EoG+5/EoF+6... SIGMetal 7% is way to expensive, costing roughly 1.5b-3b per piece. Teragrace 7% Im not sure how much it costs, but more importanly, I do not know which + I would need on a Teragrace/Osmium Battle set for the defence to be relatively the same as a Forcium +7, nor how much it would cost per piece. That is what I am asking... what set of gear would be close to the same defence as Forci +7? I could sacrifice roughly 50-60 def - if it would gain me more damage... but so far out of everthing I have read, its either Forcium +7 3% and sacrifice attack, or Osmium +9 7% and sacrifice a lot of defence. Is there no inbetween? What is the Defence/Cost of a Teragrace +9/12 7% Amp 1-2 slot Suit/Boots/Gloves?

Cathy
10-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Not when you are the same level as the normal mobs, and not without wasting a lot of health pots to do so. You need the defence in order to survive to make it to the bosses, otherwise your liable to die. Yeah sure, you might can make it there without, but without you have to use more health pots, and are more liable to die because of it, and then either the groups stuck waiting for you to run back, or continues on and kills the boss without you. Im in Forcium with 900 Def and mobs in B2F, IC1 and Ft1 still hit me hard when I just run through, not to mention the Fogs in B2F and the traps in FT1. I can understand going with more attack/amp to kill faster, but killing faster isn't going to help any at all if you just bypass mobs. In runs, I find that I often have to have my Corrupt Force Shielder Mercenary summoned (15 def) and I often wear my Epaulet of Guard +5 (15 def) just to be able to run past the mobs. I'll switch out my EoG+5 with EoF+6 at bosses... my point is, no amount of amp/vamp/att gear will help you get to the bosses without the right amount of defence, which is why I asked what gear would be best to "Upgrade" to to help maximize my attack and keep relatively high defence. I do not know if any Forcium 7% Epic even exist at this time on Mercury, or if so, it'd likely be 5B per item... I know that there are some very nice SIGMetal, but still, 2B pet item, even if +15 is a ittle to much for me at the time being. I do not spend real cash to buy ecoins/vouchers.. so I am asking, is there any set of gear that'll allow me to increase my attack to kill faster, and keep the same or close to on defence for a relatively fair price?

I'm in Forcium +7 Suit, Boots, Gloves, Osmium 26% cdi helm, Vamp+2 Earrings (Will upgrade to+3 at HR7), BoF+2 (Upgrading at HR7) RoF+9(2) RoL+1(2), Vamp Amulet +2/Amulet of Pain+4, Belt of Vital, EoG+5/EoF+6... SIGMetal 7% is way to expensive, costing roughly 1.5b-3b per piece. Teragrace 7% Im not sure how much it costs, but more importanly, I do not know which + I would need on a Teragrace/Osmium Battle set for the defence to be relatively the same as a Forcium +7, nor how much it would cost per piece. That is what I am asking... what set of gear would be close to the same defence as Forci +7? I could sacrifice roughly 50-60 def - if it would gain me more damage... but so far out of everthing I have read, its either Forcium +7 3% and sacrifice attack, or Osmium +9 7% and sacrifice a lot of defence. Is there no inbetween? What is the Defence/Cost of a Teragrace +9/12 7% Amp 1-2 slot Suit/Boots/Gloves?

HP Pots cost almost nothing. The cooldown time on hp pots is 10 seconds. You should be using them THAT often.

In terms of pve: mobs/bosses will always do the same damage. Run an ic2 today, wait a few weeks, run another ic2, guess what: bosses are still gonna be the same. Dungeon is still gonna be the same.

Therefore you only need a certain amount of defense to survive, and higher is overkill; you should work on dps. Anybody with 700+ defense and ~4k hp can run through any dungeon's normal mobs. Learn how to dash properly so mobs hit you less, don't stand still, and use your hp pots.

Defense is overrated by EVERY new player. Defense is a pvp stat: because in pvp/n.war, players change gear. Whereas dungeons will never change. In dungeons, bosses have set stats, so you have a set amount "you should have this much to survive." While players stats will be dynamic. That's the only place where def really matters.

You are making it sound like it is expensive to get 'decent' gear when its really not. You can get a great set in a couple months if you're making 10mil a day. You can be running ft2/mo if you're a 170 with less than 1bil total in gear (its easy to buy nice suits/boots/gloves for ~100mil each now)

jessicasorrow

Listen to this person

You're getting some good advice already. Not much point in repeatedly asking the same question until somebody says one that you like.

If you already think you know whats best for you, then don't ask for advice.

If you don't know whats best for you, then ask for advice and take it.

Tsihpoca
10-13-2012, 12:21 AM
thx cathy =)

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 05:40 AM
HP Pots cost almost nothing. The cooldown time on hp pots is 10 seconds. You should be using them THAT often.

In terms of pve: mobs/bosses will always do the same damage. Run an ic2 today, wait a few weeks, run another ic2, guess what: bosses are still gonna be the same. Dungeon is still gonna be the same.

Therefore you only need a certain amount of defense to survive, and higher is overkill; you should work on dps. Anybody with 700+ defense and ~4k hp can run through any dungeon's normal mobs. Learn how to dash properly so mobs hit you less, don't stand still, and use your hp pots.

Defense is overrated by EVERY new player. Defense is a pvp stat: because in pvp/n.war, players change gear. Whereas dungeons will never change. In dungeons, bosses have set stats, so you have a set amount "you should have this much to survive." While players stats will be dynamic. That's the only place where def really matters.

You are making it sound like it is expensive to get 'decent' gear when its really not. You can get a great set in a couple months if you're making 10mil a day. You can be running ft2/mo if you're a 170 with less than 1bil total in gear (its easy to buy nice suits/boots/gloves for ~100mil each now)

Listen to this person

You're getting some good advice already. Not much point in repeatedly asking the same question until somebody says one that you like.

If you already think you know whats best for you, then don't ask for advice.

If you don't know whats best for you, then ask for advice and take it.

I asked again because no one has answered my question, I was not asking to be told to get a vamp set, and HP pots at 500k/2m per stack of 200/500 when they go fast IS fairly expensive. I was asking a very specific question, which has not been answered. I asked which set of GEAR would I be able to upgrade to to improve my attack and have relatively same/close def, meaning I was asking about specific sets. Wasnt asking for general advice, only asking for which set would be relatively close and allow me to improve my attack without spending to much.

CheeseForMe
10-13-2012, 06:09 AM
There isn't something cheap thats gonna give you the same amount of defence with more damage. That would be a +15 terragrace or osm with the 7%amp. And that is why they're suggesting you buy gear with vamp.

You need vamp, vamp, vamp, to survive dungeons you can barley handle. Most importantly you need a stun combo. Some dungeons you just can't do untill you level up a bit more. When i was in my 140's i couldn't duo ic1 with a friend but once i got in the 150's i was able to duo fairly easy.

Another thing i can suggest is that if you're dying even with the vamp you currently have then you need to try and hit a bigger wave that way you steal more HP. I always love when bosses have minions cause it helps me survive a lot better vs when you're fighting the boss alone. You don't get enough life steal from 1 monster/boss.

Like someone mentioned above, you have more defence than i do and yet i can still get through those dungeons fairly easy. A lot of it has to do with setting up a wave so that you aren't in the middle of 200 monsters. For example hiding behind an object to lure a few into 1 area that way you can stun lock and not have to worry about monsters hitting you from all directions. Get into corners or lure them into a hall way. It's a computer you can basically control where they go. Use your brain ;).

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 07:18 AM
There isn't something cheap thats gonna give you the same amount of defence with more damage. That would be a +15 terragrace or osm with the 7%amp. And that is why they're suggesting you buy gear with vamp.

You need vamp, vamp, vamp, to survive dungeons you can barley handle. Most importantly you need a stun combo. Some dungeons you just can't do untill you level up a bit more. When i was in my 140's i couldn't duo ic1 with a friend but once i got in the 150's i was able to duo fairly easy.

Another thing i can suggest is that if you're dying even with the vamp you currently have then you need to try and hit a bigger wave that way you steal more HP. I always love when bosses have minions cause it helps me survive a lot better vs when you're fighting the boss alone. You don't get enough life steal from 1 monster/boss.

Like someone mentioned above, you have more defence than i do and yet i can still get through those dungeons fairly easy. A lot of it has to do with setting up a wave so that you aren't in the middle of 200 monsters. For example hiding behind an object to lure a few into 1 area that way you can stun lock and not have to worry about monsters hitting you from all directions. Get into corners or lure them into a hall way. It's a computer you can basically control where they go. Use your brain ;).

And what I am saying, is that I already am at the max on the vamp gear I can get, I have 2% on my gloves, and Vamp Amulet/Earrings, sure I can get Vamp Rings, but I would be replacing my RoF+9 and RoL+1, taking away my attack. Same if I replaced my bracelets with vamp. And I am not talking about fighting Cheese, I am talking simply abour running/dashing past. While Fighting, unless taking a direct hit from a boss/soloing, I rarely have trouble, it is while moving past the mobs where I have the most trouble, thus the Forcium for def. As a FB, there is only 1 skill to stun, so its hard to generate a 90-100% stun lock, as mobs will always hit atleast 1-2 times before I am able to stun again.

Can you tell the aproximate stats on Teragrace +15, and aproximate price?

Cathy
10-13-2012, 07:53 AM
And what I am saying, is that I already am at the max on the vamp gear I can get, I have 2% on my gloves, and Vamp Amulet/Earrings, sure I can get Vamp Rings, but I would be replacing my RoF+9 and RoL+1, taking away my attack. Same if I replaced my bracelets with vamp. And I am not talking about fighting Cheese, I am talking simply abour running/dashing past. While Fighting, unless taking a direct hit from a boss/soloing, I rarely have trouble, it is while moving past the mobs where I have the most trouble, thus the Forcium for def. As a FB, there is only 1 skill to stun, so its hard to generate a 90-100% stun lock, as mobs will always hit atleast 1-2 times before I am able to stun again.

You are saying you don't want a vamp ring because you lose a crit ring; weigh the difference: what causes you to lose more damage. A ring? or a 3 Amp forci instead of a 7 amp-anything

If you are having trouble running past mobs, that is not something you need gear for. That is just practicing. If a mob has only 2 range and dash covers 5+, time your dash right and you'll be out of that mob's range 100% of the time.

The only thing I'm seeing is a ton of people giving you great advice on how to improve your stats for cheap, and you telling them that they are wrong.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 08:09 AM
You are saying you don't want a vamp ring because you lose a crit ring; weigh the difference: what causes you to lose more damage. A ring? or a 3 Amp forci instead of a 7 amp-anything

If you are having trouble running past mobs, that is not something you need gear for. That is just practicing. If a mob has only 2 range and dash covers 5+, time your dash right and you'll be out of that mob's range 100% of the time.

The only thing I'm seeing is a ton of people giving you great advice on how to improve your stats for cheap, and you telling them that they are wrong.

The only thing I see is no one answering my question, I wasnt asking about vamp gears, I was asking specifically about armor. And the rings I have are for Crit Rate so I crit more often, or Ring of Fighter, to add attack, defence and crit damage. People are telling about vamp, I do NOT have trouble while fighting, more vamp won't help when it only applies to fighting, when I have no issues with it already unless fighting a high lvl boss solo. My question is there a 7% Amp set of gear that provides decent enough defenses to survive while running past mobs? Osmium Battle, even +12/15 doesn't have that much defence at all that I have seen. Im not saying that people are wrong, I am saying simply that is NOT what I am asking.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Now that I have finally gotten back on, I looked at the AH prices, for a 1 slot 7% amp Teragrace Suit, Boots, Gloves - Clean slots +0-5 would cost roughly 550m, 155m for boots, 150m for gloves and 250m for suit. The loss of defence is roughly 20-30 per piece (not sure exact) at +9/10..

Cathy
10-13-2012, 09:16 AM
The only thing I see is no one answering my question, I wasnt asking about vamp gears, I was asking specifically about armor. And the rings I have are for Crit Rate so I crit more often, or Ring of Fighter, to add attack, defence and crit damage. People are telling about vamp, I do NOT have trouble while fighting, more vamp won't help when it only applies to fighting, when I have no issues with it already unless fighting a high lvl boss solo. My question is there a 7% Amp set of gear that provides decent enough defenses to survive while running past mobs? Osmium Battle, even +12/15 doesn't have that much defence at all that I have seen. Im not saying that people are wrong, I am saying simply that is NOT what I am asking.

If you are already using forci, there is no such thing that gives as much defense. But using 7 Amp Osm is far better than using 3 Amp forci, because 4 Amp matters far more.

So stop asking "what gives as much defense as forci?" There is nothing that gives more defense than forci. You are asking questions that don't even matter; whereas people are giving you advice that does matter.

The point is that you are overrating defense.

Osm+9 is MORE than enough. 700 defense+ is more than enough.

If you cannot run past mobs, that is not something that requires more defense. That is something that requires practice.

For Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y9FdOBZ3xg

Learn the safespots of a dungeon, learn when to start dashing and where to aim your dash. And you will take less damage in EVERY dungeon.

If you don't want to lose defense: simply dont replace your forci and get attack/amp from other things. Even if you had 3b+ to buy a forci 7 amp, you are better off using that 3b to replace like 6 other different pieces of gear that you don't have.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 09:47 AM
If you are already using forci, there is no such thing that gives as much defense. But using 7 Amp Osm is far better than using 3 Amp forci, because 4 Amp matters far more.

The point is that you are overrating defense.

Osm+9 is MORE than enough. 700 defense+ is more than enough.

If you cannot run past mobs, that is not something that requires more defense. That is something that requires practice.

For Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y9FdOBZ3xg

Learn the safespots of a dungeon, learn when to start dashing and where to aim your dash. And you will take less damage in EVERY dungeon.

Cheapest Osmium 2 slot +9 on the AH is 315m suit, no +9 boots, only +3/4 1 slot empty 60-63m (I cant + past 6), Osmium 1 slot gloves +2 60m... with Osmium +9 Suit/Boots/Gloves, I would loose 42 defence, 58 Def Rate per piece. 126 Def loss, 174 Def Rate loss... for a gain of 12% amp (+4 per piece) My focium set cost me 225m, to buy a full Osmium +9 set - epic or plain slotted, would cost me, at cheapest 318m... that is for 1 slot (7% amp) Osmium +9 gear, with switching from a Forcium 1 slot 3% amp, I would loose a total of 121 def, 124 def rate, 196 HP, 2% Hp Steal and only get a total of 32% Sword Amp. With loosing the 2% Hp steal from my gloves, it means I would also have to swap out an accessory for a Life/Force Absorb to get the 4-5% HP Steal off that. Only other way arond that is to buy a 1 slot +9 Craftsmans Osmium Gloves with 7% amp, 3% resist rate - 115m more than the plain 7%, not including cost of scroll 12.8m cheapest, which would take away more on the def/def rate without the set bonus.

So roughly, I would go from:
Health: 3773 > 3577
Attack: 883 > 883
Defence: 900 > 779-774
Attack Rate: 3437 > 3437
Defence Rate: 2506 > 2382-2312
Crit Rate: 50/51 > 50/51
Crit DMG: 122% > 122%
AMP:20% > 32%

At an additional cost of between - 93-221m IF I could sell my Forcium set for what I bought it for, this is not including the additional fee/stat reduction of replacing a ring/bracelet with a Vamp % HP Steal to replace the 2% HP Steal in my current gloves. Now my question is, is 12% amp really worth loosing so much?

Berserk_Fury
10-13-2012, 10:52 AM
If you keep complaining about loosing def, then do this. Save up ~10b alz and get a full +15 sig set. You'll get def, def rate, hp, and amp boost from it. Is that what you want to hear? Because if it isn't, you're going to have to make compromises.

Cathy
10-13-2012, 11:01 AM
If you keep complaining about loosing def, then do this. Save up ~10b alz and get a full +15 sig set. You'll get def, def rate, hp, and amp boost from it. Is that what you want to hear? Because if it isn't, you're going to have to make compromises.

Ditto

Cheapest Osmium 2 slot +9 on the AH is 315m suit, no +9 boots, only +3/4 1 slot empty 60-63m (I cant + past 6), Osmium 1 slot gloves +2 60m... with Osmium +9 Suit/Boots/Gloves, I would loose 42 defence, 58 Def Rate per piece. 126 Def loss, 174 Def Rate loss... for a gain of 12% amp (+4 per piece) My focium set cost me 225m, to buy a full Osmium +9 set - epic or plain slotted, would cost me, at cheapest 318m... that is for 1 slot (7% amp) Osmium +9 gear, with switching from a Forcium 1 slot 3% amp, I would loose a total of 121 def, 124 def rate, 196 HP, 2% Hp Steal and only get a total of 32% Sword Amp. With loosing the 2% Hp steal from my gloves, it means I would also have to swap out an accessory for a Life/Force Absorb to get the 4-5% HP Steal off that. Only other way arond that is to buy a 1 slot +9 Craftsmans Osmium Gloves with 7% amp, 3% resist rate - 115m more than the plain 7%, not including cost of scroll 12.8m cheapest, which would take away more on the def/def rate without the set bonus.

So roughly, I would go from:
Health: 3773 > 3577
Attack: 883 > 883
Defence: 900 > 779-774
Attack Rate: 3437 > 3437
Defence Rate: 2506 > 2382-2312
Crit Rate: 50/51 > 50/51
Crit DMG: 122% > 122%
AMP:20% > 32%

At an additional cost of between - 93-221m IF I could sell my Forcium set for what I bought it for, this is not including the additional fee/stat reduction of replacing a ring/bracelet with a Vamp % HP Steal to replace the 2% HP Steal in my current gloves. Now my question is, is 12% amp really worth loosing so much?

You're gonna need to eventually learn which stats are most important, and use net stat gain to cost ratio to decide whats best for you to upgrade to; whether you want to learn the easy way or the hard way is up to you.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 11:13 AM
I was asking about a set that I wouldnt loose much defence in while going for 7% amp, not saying that I was looking to loose no defence at all. I am trying to compromise by finding a set that has decent enough defence to get me through most things, while improving my attacks as much as I can. Trying to loose as little defence as possible to gain attack. Is it so hard to ask for what gear would be best for that? I am asking for a specific gear set, with specified stats/price. Wether people say defence is over rated or not, I see it best to retain as much defence as possible while increasing my attack. I already know that one way of improving my attack is to upgrade my weapons, I am using a Forcium +8 Katana and Topaz +6 Orb, if I upgrade to a Forcium +7/9 Orb, it'd give an attack boost, but id loose crit dmg... +7 Orb would increase my attack by 23, +9 by 33

Looking for an increase in attack without loosing to much of my defence, down to 800 minimum... with an Osmium +9 Battleset, itd put me at 774-779 defence, Id need to use my EoG/Shield Merc to get back up to 800 defence, as each both give 15 def EoG+5/Lv 2 Merc

Berserk_Fury
10-13-2012, 11:18 AM
I was asking about a set that I wouldnt loose much defence in while going for 7% amp, not saying that I was looking to loose no defence at all. I am trying to compromise by finding a set that has decent enough defence to get me through most things, while improving my attacks as much as I can. Trying to loose as little defence as possible to gain attack. Is it so hard to ask for what gear would be best for that? I am asking for a specific gear set, with specified stats/price. Wether people say defence is over rated or not, I see it best to retain as much defence as possible while increasing my attack. I already know that one way of improving my attack is to upgrade my weapons, I am using a Forcium +8 Katana and Topaz +6 Orb, if I upgrade to a Forcium +7/9 Orb, it'd give an attack boost, but id loose crit dmg... +7 Orb would increase my attack by 23, +9 by 33

Looking for an increase in attack without loosing to much of my defence, down to 800 minimum... with an Osmium +9 Battleset, itd put me at 774-779 defence, Id need to use my EoG/Shield Merc to get back up to 800 defence, as each both give 15 def EoG+5/Lv 2 Merc

That question has been answered multiple times already, +15 osm/tg/sig set is what would give you 7 amp and as little def loss as possible. But it's obvious that you can't afford those sets.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Ditto

You're gonna need to eventually learn which stats are most important, and use net stat gain to cost ratio to decide whats best for you to upgrade to; whether you want to learn the easy way or the hard way is up to you.
Im asking about it in the first place because I have no interest in wasting 300-500m on downgrading gear to get 7% amp to loose a ton of defence and die that much faster if the 7% amp per piece isnt fully worth it. I've mostly been using 3% amp, so I do not know how much of a difference 12% amp is really going to make on bosses in ic1, ft1, b2f, lost island.. etc. Having all the attack/amp in the world is not going to help if I havent got the defence to survive more than a few hits at a time.

Cathy
10-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Im asking about it in the first place because I have no interest in wasting 300-500m on downgrading gear to get 7% amp to loose a ton of defence and die that much faster if the 7% amp per piece isnt fully worth it. I've mostly been using 3% amp, so I do not know how much of a difference 12% amp is really going to make on bosses in ic1, ft1, b2f, lost island.. etc. Having all the attack/amp in the world is not going to help if I havent got the defence to survive more than a few hits at a time.

As long as you retain that train of thought, you will not improve.

Do what you think is best,

but don't ask experienced players for advice, because they will tell you the opposite.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 11:26 AM
That question has been answered multiple times already, +15 osm/tg/sig set is what would give you 7 amp and as little def loss as possible. But it's obvious that you can't afford those sets.
Hasnt been answered at all until now, everyone has said vamp, no specific sets were mentioned until your post aside from a +9 Osm. The Alz can be farmed in time for any of the sets, its a matter of finding them +15, a +15 sig set is available, but as you said, would cost roughly 10b if not more. And entriesyou are right, right now I cannot afford them, I only have 30m... but I have several SOD entries I need to run to farm.... I was only asking for what set would be best to "upgrade to" when I have the alz, thatd allow me to keep the highest defence possible, for the cheapest price (faster to get)

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 11:37 AM
As long as you retain that train of thought, you will not improve.

Do what you think is best,

but don't ask experienced players for advice, because they will tell you the opposite.

So far I have yet to see any decent suggestions aside from people saying vamp... which would not increase my attack nor defence, only increase my survivability during a fight. The only thing you have said this entire time regarding my question which I asked was saying Osmium +9 - which would put me at the minimum defences for a slight increase in attack. So unelss you can tell me EXACTLY how helpful a 12% Amp increase is, I would see Osmium +9 as a waste of time/alz to get. I only asked for specific sets of gear.

Experienced player or not, if you cannot answer my main question, I see no reason as to why you are really posting, thus you are not helping, but hindering. I don't have a doubt you're experienced, but I asked a certain question, and it was not answered until just recently.

I put downgrading, because it IS a downgrade, it's a downgrade of everything but amp. When I switch from my EoG+5 to EoF+7 its a 3% increase to my Amp, yet I see virtually no difference in my attacks. So is adding 12% Amp really going to help at the heavy cost it takes from everything else?

If adding 12% Amp is really that helpful, I'd consider selling my Forcium +7 for an Osmium +9 once I got the Alz for it

Deathlymonkey
10-13-2012, 12:26 PM
So far I have yet to see any decent suggestions aside from people saying vamp... which would not increase my attack nor defence, only increase my survivability during a fight. The only thing you have said this entire time regarding my question which I asked was saying Osmium +9 - which would put me at the minimum defences for a slight increase in attack. So unelss you can tell me EXACTLY how helpful a 12% Amp increase is, I would see Osmium +9 as a waste of time/alz to get. I only asked for specific sets of gear.

Experienced player or not, if you cannot answer my main question, I see no reason as to why you are really posting, thus you are not helping, but hindering. I don't have a doubt you're experienced, but I asked a certain question, and it was not answered until just recently.

I put downgrading, because it IS a downgrade, it's a downgrade of everything but amp. When I switch from my EoG+5 to EoF+7 its a 3% increase to my Amp, yet I see virtually no difference in my attacks. So is adding 12% Amp really going to help at the heavy cost it takes from everything else?

If adding 12% Amp is really that helpful, I'd consider selling my Forcium +7 for an Osmium +9 once I got the Alz for it

People gave you good advice and you didn't take it. If I was to ask "Which dungeon is best for a level 180 to solo to make alz, lid or rs?", people would tell me that neither of them is good for my level and that I should be doing other dungeons if I want to make alz. They wouldn't answer my question, but the advice they would give me would be even better than what I was asking for because my question was inappropriate in the first place. It's the exact same thing here.

Did people answer your question? No. Because it was a dumb question. As Cathy stated you are totally overrating defense. As a wizard I had low def for a very long time, yet I managed to complete every dungeon with under 750def, including ft2(MO didn't exist back then) while getting aggro. People have been telling you that running past mobs has nothing to do with def and you just completely ignore them. Learn when to dash/fade, you don't have to use it as soon as it cooled down. Learn when to stop and use the VAMP everyone is telling you to work on on mobs when your hp is getting lower. Learn when to use your hp pots, don't use them when you only miss 300hp. Learn to stop in safe spots and heal when your hp is low. Learn to run behind the more tanky party members so mobs don't hit you.

Again stop thinking that defense is everything, Cathy was running ft2 on an un-geared FB when it was 140 and she wasn't dying by mobs. I don't see why you complain about ic1 mobs when your stats are even better than hers were and yet she was able to run higher level dungeons.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 12:42 PM
People gave you good advice and you didn't take it. If I was to ask "Which dungeon is best for a level 180 to solo to make alz, lid or rs?", people would tell me that neither of them is good for my level and that I should be doing other dungeons if I want to make alz. They wouldn't answer my question, but the advice they would give me would be even better than what I was asking for because my question was inappropriate in the first place. It's the exact same thing here.

Did people answer your question? No. Because it was a dumb question. As Cathy stated you are totally overrating defense. As a wizard I had low def for a very long time, yet I managed to complete every dungeon with under 750def, including ft2(MO didn't exist back then) while getting aggro. People have been telling you that running past mobs has nothing to do with def and you just completely ignore them. Learn when to dash/fade, you don't have to use it as soon as it cooled down. Learn when to stop and use the VAMP everyone is telling you to work on on mobs when your hp is getting lower. Learn when to use your hp pots, don't use them when you only miss 300hp. Learn to stop in safe spots and heal when your hp is low. Learn to run behind the more tanky party members so mobs don't hit you.

Again stop thinking that defense is everything, Cathy was running ft2 on an un-geared FB when it was 140 and she wasn't dying by mobs. I don't see why you complain about ic1 mobs when your stats are even better than hers were and yet she was able to run higher level dungeons.

If I wanted general advice, I would have stated that I was after general advice. I was asking a gear specific question for a reason. Not only am I trying to keep my defences high while trying to work on my damage output for doing dungeons easier, but also for pvp. I haven't the space nor the money to invest in two seperate sets, 1 for attack/vamp for pve, the other for defence for pvp. I do not pvp often, so it would be a waste of time, space and alz, so would like a set where I can do good in dungeons, and do fairly decent in pvp when I feel like killing someone.

I was not wanting any trouble when I posted this thread, I was asking a straight up question about a gear set thatd allow me to increase my attacks while keeping my defences decent. If such a question is so hard to answer, perhaps people shouldnt even post a reply unless they can answer it. People who generally ask a straight question want a straight answer. Not for someone to give them answers that are not even close to the question which was asked.

Cathy
10-13-2012, 12:44 PM

You are thinking oh you need to save up 10bil to buy a full set. What you should be doing is spending little bits of alz at a time, buying pieces that are 100-200m each, and slowly upgrading. As long as you're not buying character binding items, you won't be losing alz. Nobody is gonna go straight from 3 amp forci to 7 amp forci or sig+15. People start at the bottom and go their way through stit+9, osm+11, tg+11, etc etc until they get to sig+15.

If you're worrying about downgrading, then you shouldn't have gone straight to 3 amp forci which is useless. You call losing defense a heavy cost; it's not. I call losing 12 amp a heavy cost. Attack & Crit rate > CD & Amp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HP >>>>>>>>>>>> Defense.

ily bre

Deathlymonkey
10-13-2012, 01:09 PM
If I wanted general advice, I would have stated that I was after general advice. I was asking a gear specific question for a reason. Not only am I trying to keep my defences high while trying to work on my damage output for doing dungeons easier, but also for pvp. I haven't the space nor the money to invest in two seperate sets, 1 for attack/vamp for pve, the other for defence for pvp. I do not pvp often, so it would be a waste of time, space and alz, so would like a set where I can do good in dungeons, and do fairly decent in pvp when I feel like killing someone.

I was not wanting any trouble when I posted this thread, I was asking a straight up question about a gear set thatd allow me to increase my attacks while keeping my defences decent. If such a question is so hard to answer, perhaps people shouldnt even post a reply unless they can answer it. People who generally ask a straight question want a straight answer. Not for someone to give them answers that are not even close to the question which was asked.

We understand your question and the fact that you want to keep your defense high, but we are telling you that it is not the right way to do things. We are giving you advice that is actually better than what you are asking for and you seem to be stuck to the idea of keeping high def.

If you went to the stock exchange to invest in a particular company and that somebody experimented told you that you would be better to invest in another company, would you refuse only because it is not the company you had in mind at first?

ily bre

^_^

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 01:14 PM
You are thinking oh you need to save up 10bil to buy a full set. What you should be doing is spending little bits of alz at a time, buying pieces that are 100-200m each, and slowly upgrading. As long as you're not buying character binding items, you won't be losing alz. Nobody is gonna go straight from 3 amp forci to 7 amp forci or sig+15. People start at the bottom and go their way through stit+9, osm+11, tg+11, etc etc until they get to sig+15.

If you're worrying about downgrading, then you shouldn't have gone straight to 3 amp forci which is useless. You call losing defense a heavy cost; it's not. I call losing 12 amp a heavy cost. Attack & Crit rate > CD & Amp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HP >>>>>>>>>>>> Defense.

ily bre

Not thinking to save up to buy a full set, I was only asking which would be best that way I could get it little at a time. When I stated the price, I gave the total price of the gear right now. And I got a Forcium set for the defence in the first place. I upgraded from crap Osmi 3% to the Forci 3% +7 a guildy was selling... had someone simply stated a set of gear that would be better to increase my attack with keeping high defence from the start, as I had asked, could have avoided all of this trouble. You stated Osmi +9, the very set I said not to put in my first post. Since you stated it, you should have gone and said WHY you stated it. Giving a reason why you put a 12% amp increase over a 130 def increase, for what I have seen, a def increase of that amount DOES help. I take far less damage with the Forcium +7 at 900 Def, than I did when I had only 750-800 def. Bosses that use to hit me for 1200-1400 per hit only hit me for 600-800 per hit, some hit for 1000 but those are also the final bosses. I can survive several 600-800 hits better than I can survive 3 1200-1400 hits.. which is why I specifically asked for a set thatd increase attack and keep my defence high. Yes vamp gear helps to heal back some of the lost health, but no amount of vamp gear would heal back so much at once. I am using the highest + Vamp earrings/amulet I can wear/afford, that alone should be enough. A simple defence increase of +30 defence DOES help when running past mobs in IC1/B2F..

Instead of critizing me saying that I overrate defence, show me how 12% amp is worth 120-125 Def, 120-170 Def Rate, 200 Hp... show me how much of an increase it would give me to make up for the lost defence. Because I know for a fact that the defence, defence rate and health points that I have from my Forcium do help. Dungeons I couldnt even come close to surviving before, I am able to now. In Osmium +7/8 gears I barely was able to survive in SoD. Ever since I got Forcium, Its smooth sailing, especially with bm3, I dont have to use ANY health pots, where if I decreased my defence, I would.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 01:19 PM
We understand your question and the fact that you want to keep your defense high, but we are telling you that it is not the right way to do things. We are giving you advice that is actually better than what you are asking for and you seem to be stuck to the idea of keeping high def.

If you went to the stock exchange to invest in a particular company and that somebody experimented told you that you would be better to invest in another company, would you refuse only because it is not the company you had in mind at first?
Im stuck on the idea of keeping high defence because I know that the defence actually helps, I have seen it first hand. Where I have not seen a major increase in damage from a minor increase in Amp.

Cathy
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Not thinking to save up to buy a full set, I was only asking which would be best that way I could get it little at a time. When I stated the price, I gave the total price of the gear right now. And I got a Forcium set for the defence in the first place. I upgraded from crap Osmi 3% to the Forci 3% +7 a guildy was selling... had someone simply stated a set of gear that would be better to increase my attack with keeping high defence from the start, as I had asked, could have avoided all of this trouble. You stated Osmi +9, the very set I said not to put in my first post. Since you stated it, you should have gone and said WHY you stated it. Giving a reason why you put a 12% amp increase over a 130 def increase, for what I have seen, a def increase of that amount DOES help. I take far less damage with the Forcium +7 at 900 Def, than I did when I had only 750-800 def. Bosses that use to hit me for 1200-1400 per hit only hit me for 600-800 per hit, some hit for 1000 but those are also the final bosses. I can survive several 600-800 hits better than I can survive 3 1200-1400 hits.. which is why I specifically asked for a set thatd increase attack and keep my defence high. Yes vamp gear helps to heal back some of the lost health, but no amount of vamp gear would heal back so much at once. I am using the highest + Vamp earrings/amulet I can wear/afford, that alone should be enough. A simple defence increase of +30 defence DOES help when running past mobs in IC1/B2F..

Instead of critizing me saying that I overrate defence, show me how 12% amp is worth 120-125 Def, 120-170 Def Rate, 200 Hp... show me how much of an increase it would give me to make up for the lost defence. Because I know for a fact that the defence, defence rate and health points that I have from my Forcium do help. Dungeons I couldnt even come close to surviving before, I am able to now. In Osmium +7/8 gears I barely was able to survive in SoD. Ever since I got Forcium, Its smooth sailing, especially with bm3, I dont have to use ANY health pots, where if I decreased my defence, I would.

Defense and Vamp work quite simply.
____

Lets say you have 800 defense, and a mob hits you for 1000

you gain 200 defense, and then a mob hits you for 200 less; you will have 1000 defense and a mob will hit you for 800.
____

Lets mention vamp:

How often do mobs/bosses hit? On average, once every 4-5 seconds.

You have 100 max hp steal per hit. In bm3, you hit once every second. Over 5 seconds, you steal back 500 hp.

If you have 150 max hp steal per hit, over 5 seconds, you steal back 750 hp. So 50 max steal per hit helps about as much as 250 defense does. Combine it with hp pots and you'll be recovering 2200 hp every 10 seconds.

If you want to survive, it's quite easy to do on a very low budget, while putting out massive dps. Then again, you could be just like every other new player who doesn't know how to prioritize stats, and do half as much damage as everyone else while surviving hardly as well.

I did this a year ago with 750~ish defense and about 144 max hp steal per hit. Boss is hitting me way over 1k, but you can see my hp fill back up as quickly as its lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-1EcE_VoGk&hd=1

Notice in the video, you can see my leth ring. I ran through ft2's normal mobs AND bosses just fine with my horrible defense. Bosses are the ONLY thing you need to worry about tanking. Because a boss hitting you is unavoidable. Mobs hitting you is something you can avoid simply by using fade and dash CORRECTLY.

I also run ft2 and mo on my lower level FB, just as much as I do on my FA

CheeseForMe
10-13-2012, 02:11 PM

I luv having crit damage rings on while i'm pve but my priority isn't to ditch out damage, my priority is to stay alive and still be able to complete the dungeon in a decent amount of time. I think you need a few more levels to be able to run by these monsters a bit more easily.

What Cathy said was a really good point. You have to know which spots you can stop at to recover your HP. If you go to youtube and watch some guides, most show safe spots or places people stand and attack to take the least amount of punishment. Try doing that and if you still can't live like that then you need to level.

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Defense and Vamp work quite simply.
____

Lets say you have 800 defense, and a mob hits you for 1000

you gain 200 defense, and then a mob hits you for 200 less; you will have 1000 defense and a mob will hit you for 800.
____

Lets mention vamp:

How often do mobs/bosses hit? On average, once every 4-5 seconds. Combine with HP Pots, and you will

You have 100 max hp steal per hit. In bm3, you hit once every second. Over 5 seconds, you steal back 500 hp.

If you have 150 max hp steal per hit, over 5 seconds, you steal back 750 hp. So 50 max steal per hit helps about as much as 250 defense does.

If you want to survive, it's quite easy to do on a very low budget, while putting out massive dps. Then again, you could be just like every other new player who doesn't know how to prioritize stats, and do half as much damage as everyone else while surviving hardly as well.

I did this a year ago with 750~ish defense and about 144 max hp steal per hit. Boss is hitting me way over 1k, but you can see my hp fill back up as quickly as its lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-1EcE_VoGk&hd=1

Notice in the video, you can see my leth ring. I ran through ft2's normal mobs AND bosses just fine with my horrible defense. Bosses are the ONLY thing you need to worry about tanking. Because a boss hitting you is unavoidable. Mobs hitting you is something you can avoid simply by using fade and dash CORRECTLY.

I also run ft2 and mo on my lower level FB, just as much as I do on my FA

You say that its 1 def = 1 dmg off from what the mob hits? Also, which server do you play on?

Cathy
10-13-2012, 02:22 PM
You say that its 1 def = 1 dmg off from what the mob hits? Also, which server do you play on?

1. Yes

2. Mercury

SpellBlade
10-13-2012, 02:23 PM
1. Yes

2. Mercury

If you are online on the game right now, would you mind sending me a whisper? My characters name is Keravel.

Berserk_Fury
10-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Hell, go back a couple years, having 800 def on FB was good.

Cathy
10-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Hell, go back a couple years, having 800 def on FB was good.

I got 800 def on my FB today :3

Tsihpoca
10-14-2012, 12:29 PM
my fb has 800 def too lol