PDA

View Full Version : WI Stats/Gear

SpellBlade
10-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Hello all, I am thinking bout working on my WI for my guilds benefit, as we have no WI in the guild. My WI is currently lvl 107 with Trans, the gear isn't that great, Osmium 3-5% Amp Boots/Suit/Gloves, 26% Crit DMG helm ...my WI will take a bit of work to fix up, but I am wondering about the gear/stats. What are Ideal max stats for Str and Dex?

Currently I am:

STR - 122
INT - 509
DEX - 237

Thinking of spending 15-16m and buying Str/Dex Extract, to take 50 from str, 100 from dex and put all to int... 72 Str, 659 Int, 137 Dex... good idea or bad idea?

Regarding Gear...
Currently am thinking of getting Osmium +9 7% Amp Suit/Boots/Gloves and a 4/20 Helm (cheap)...A friend also mentioned a viable secondary set to go for thats cheaper. Which do you all think I should go with? Prices are current AH prices, if the items can sell for less that you know of, please list price ranges...

Osmium Helm +6 4% Rate/20% CDI - 26m
Osmium Suit +9 7% Amp - 68m
Osmium Boots +9 7% Amp - 120m > Mystic Boots +9 5% Amp - 27m
Osmium Gloves +9 7% Amp - 120m > Mystic Gloves +9 5% Amp - 50m

With the Osmium +9 Set, STR/Dex Extract Potions to fix stats, and the 10 missing Upgrade Skills, I am looking at 370m. If I include BoS+2 of Amp, thats an extra 15-16m per, so 400-402m... however, this doesn't include weapons. I have 1 26% CDI +7 Topaz Orb, so need 1 Rate 2 slot orb..

Which do you guys think would be better for now? Full Osmi, or go with the 5% Mystic? How much of my Str/Dex should I remove to put to INt?

Sandulf
10-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Im no WI expert but this is what u should do:
get stats str:77, int: whatever u have left into int, dex:77 this will allow u to wear almost any gear just keep adding to int as u lvl
Well get all skills maxed...self explanatory, id check the WI guide for bm2 set up especialy
Regarding gear:
The +9 7amp osmi suit/b/g is great if ur gona do guild runs if ur more of a solo runner try the 5amp forci set and adjust the extra amp with the orbs
as to rate get merg/kill with +2rol+1 giving u 30-32 cr in rings+5cr base+(3cr k-red if u invest)+8cr/20cd helm=45-48cr which should be plenty
the rest cd in orbs...the more the better
as u lvl and honor rank upgrade ur bracelets to bos+3 with amp
with vampire errings...this will give u a nice solo/guild run build

Hope this helped ;D

ROFLwiz
10-18-2012, 07:46 AM
For stats just set ur str/dex as your minimum for your gear, rest dump into int. As far as gear, You can go with forci 5 amp but imo forci doesn't really do much of a difference as far a defense goes. You would be just fine with osm 7amp +9 or higher and you would have more amp and int. For orbs you're goal is 7/40 ofc but this is nearly impossibru. So just try to get above 45 rate with 140+cd. it shouldn't be to hard. You could do it with 8/24 helm merg, rol1,k-red, little rate in pet and some 30dmg orbs.

Sandulf
10-18-2012, 08:06 AM
osmi and forci lil def difference...? are u high?

Cathy
10-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Have you heard of such a thing called Blink and Range?

The point of the game isn't to sit still and just let yourself get hit. The point of the game is to... you know... play the game.

Deathlymonkey
10-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Any wiz using 5amp or lower forci is junk and hasnt understood how to play his class.

ROFLwiz
10-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Lol kids these days.

Thanks caffy, saved me the argument. xD

Sandulf
10-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Have you heard of such a thing called Blink and Range?

The point of the game isn't to sit still and just let yourself get hit. The point of the game is to... you know... play the game.

Have u heard of such thing as farm or u forgot about it?
Especially now when there are Zero ppl on party list doing any dg u end up doing solo runs...
ye the 7amp osmi is great for pvp/war...the practicality of it in dg at lvl 107 in dg like ic1 and above is bad unless ur lvl 160+

Sandulf
10-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Beside im just talkin bout the def difference between osmi and forci...and ur assuming im saying that osmi is bad. God learn to read the whole reply before jumping to ur stupid conclusions.
as i said osmi for guild runs (since he is talking bout guild benefits...aka not about pvp or war at this moment). Idk why Cathy u have this hate of me? Im just trying to lay out all the options,
i have played all chars 130+ and maybe im not as knowledgable as u in certain regards u are blinded by ur lvl and gear...us low lvls don't have it easy as u might think or those that dont buy alz or have much time.

EmmersonLazaro
10-18-2012, 10:52 AM
stop arguing and help the guy :o

ROFLwiz
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Beside im just talkin bout the def difference between osmi and forci...and ur assuming im saying that osmi is bad. God learn to read the whole reply before jumping to ur stupid conclusions.
as i said osmi for guild runs (since he is talking bout guild benefits...aka not about pvp or war at this moment). Idk why Cathy u have this hate of me? Im just trying to lay out all the options,
i have played all chars 130+ and maybe im not as knowledgable as u in certain regards u are blinded by ur lvl and gear...us low lvls don't have it easy as u might think or those that dont buy alz or have much time.

The point of the matter is that forci isn't going to help you as much as you think. Marti gear is weaksauce. And if forci is only going to give me 50 more defense i wouldn't take it over XXX amount of m.atk and amp. And forci is very expensive to + and if you play cabal u realize that +'ing w/o safe guards/perfect cores is damn near impossible and i'd rather pay 500k a core then 1.2m a core. And if you do go with my little guide above you will notice a big change in dps.

SpellBlade
10-18-2012, 12:49 PM
stop arguing and help the guy :o

Thanks, I hate it when people argue on my threads.

As to everyone else, I was asking about 5% Amp Mystic +9, not 5% Amp Forcium for the cost efficiency, as the mystic is only 30-50m per piece for hands and boots, while it is 120m for the Osmium +9.

ROFLwiz
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM

As to everyone else, I was asking about 5% Amp Mystic +9, not 5% Amp Forcium for the cost efficiency, as the mystic is only 30-50m per piece for hands and boots, while it is 120m for the Osmium +9.

Tbh you really shouldn't settle with 5% amp. Amp is something a wiz lacks because we don't use amp weapons. And CB osm 7amp with a slot shouldn't be very much. I think i got a pair of boots for like 35m.

Deathlymonkey
10-18-2012, 05:03 PM

There is a reason why osmium 7% is more expensive than mystic 5%, although it's easier to craft. Wizards is a class that needs to deal as much damage as it can in a small amount of time. Unlike other classes it's not our def/hp that helps us tank bosses, its the vamp(which is based on your damage output). I'm not saying that other classes don't need it, but we're relying heavily on it.

Yes you might be saving a bit of alz with the mystic, but you'll be losing both survivability and dps if you go with it. It's your pick.

LSW
10-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Hello all, I am thinking bout working on my WI for my guilds benefit, as we have no WI in the guild. My WI is currently lvl 107 with Trans, the gear isn't that great, Osmium 3-5% Amp Boots/Suit/Gloves, 26% Crit DMG helm ...my WI will take a bit of work to fix up, but I am wondering about the gear/stats. What are Ideal max stats for Str and Dex?

Currently I am:

STR - 122
INT - 509
DEX - 237

Thinking of spending 15-16m and buying Str/Dex Extract, to take 50 from str, 100 from dex and put all to int... 72 Str, 659 Int, 137 Dex... good idea or bad idea?

Regarding Gear...
Currently am thinking of getting Osmium +9 7% Amp Suit/Boots/Gloves and a 4/20 Helm (cheap)...A friend also mentioned a viable secondary set to go for thats cheaper. Which do you all think I should go with? Prices are current AH prices, if the items can sell for less that you know of, please list price ranges...

Osmium Helm +6 4% Rate/20% CDI - 26m
Osmium Suit +9 7% Amp - 68m
Osmium Boots +9 7% Amp - 120m > Mystic Boots +9 5% Amp - 27m
Osmium Gloves +9 7% Amp - 120m > Mystic Gloves +9 5% Amp - 50m

With the Osmium +9 Set, STR/Dex Extract Potions to fix stats, and the 10 missing Upgrade Skills, I am looking at 370m. If I include BoS+2 of Amp, thats an extra 15-16m per, so 400-402m... however, this doesn't include weapons. I have 1 26% CDI +7 Topaz Orb, so need 1 Rate 2 slot orb..

Which do you guys think would be better for now? Full Osmi, or go with the 5% Mystic? How much of my Str/Dex should I remove to put to INt?

I dont wear forcium or sig orbs (:< only on 36 topaz) orbs so I have the stats of 77 str and 108 dex (with additional dex and str added from runes). Go for the maximum damage that you can run with - The Osmium set and just have good vamp earrings and hp absorb %. Get a better helm with more rate such as a 8/20 if you cannot get a rate in slot weapon/helm. Save up and get a merg + rol2 which is much more affordable these days and go for bos6s.. they're like 50m or less... which is easy to get..

and yes im a noob at wi :)

SpellBlade
10-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I dont wear forcium or sig orbs (:< only on 36 topaz) orbs so I have the stats of 77 str and 108 dex (with additional dex and str added from runes). Go for the maximum damage that you can run with - The Osmium set and just have good vamp earrings and hp absorb %. Get a better helm with more rate such as a 8/20 if you cannot get a rate in slot weapon/helm. Save up and get a merg + rol2 which is much more affordable these days and go for bos6s.. they're like 50m or less... which is easy to get..

and yes im a noob at wi :)

Well, I am looking to gear for a relatively cheap price, that way I can work on grinding easier and faster to lvl quickly up to 140. The osmium 7% Amp Gloves/Boots are 120m each, so will take a lil bit to get them, and was going to go with BoS+2 of Amp, that way I only have to have HR 6, I'd get the 7% off both bracelets quicker than if I farmed wars for Hr 10/11 for BoS6..

I have another question for all of you. Semi recently I picked up a Osmium Suit of Outrageous (Bind) and a friend got it to +7 for me, I fail at plussing. I then added 50 HP to the slot. My question is, should I use that one, or try and sell and save up for a Osmium +9 non bind? Between +7 and +9 it is 10 defence, 10 defence rate and 30 HP difference. I'm not sure how much I can make off of the suit, maybe 25-30m max. The suit I have now was free on the drop, and cheap for the +7 (10m) and I already had the cores + scroll for it.. so I dont loose much if I use the bind.

So is the +9 that much better than the +7 with 10 def, 10 def rate, 30 HP... Osmium 7% Amp 50 MP - 45m in AH... Osmium 7% Amp 50 HP - 60m in AH atm.

Sandulf
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah, try to buy a non-bind one +9 and save urself the upgrading headache. As for the bos+2 amp ye they good but u only need hr 7 for bos3 amp which is not very hard to get.
As for survival ability id get hp absorb up/limit runes if u can affort or vampiric amulet
Also if ur gona use aura u can also switch the rol1 ring for crit ring for extra dmg

SpellBlade
10-18-2012, 09:44 PM
So should try and sell my +7 7% Amp 50 HP and save for a +9 7% Amp 50 HP?

Since the +7 is acc bind, I dont think itll go for much, and would be hard to sell for a half decent price.

Sandulf
10-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Think of this this way...if u bind it to urself ul never sell it =no profit ltr
If u w8 (ik its painful im w8in on my stuff to sell too)=profit...or ul have to pay less for future gears
Unless u become rich overnight from a seh drop in sod lol

SpellBlade
10-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Unless u become rich overnight from a seh drop in sod lol

LOL!!! I doubt that would ever happen. I am sitting at 97 SoD runs and not even a half decent Epic Osmi drop...

Problem is, I do not know how much I could get the suit to sell for, since a +9 non bind is so cheap 45-60m... a bind suit +7 wont get much.

Sandulf
10-19-2012, 06:17 AM
The big problem is that this game is highly corrupted and most of the general population uses hax, which is good in one way that armor/weps are cheaper but it hurts us in that the rate of anything good to drop is low making average legit players have to run 100+ time a dg to even see anything good. And yes i had ppl claim they make 2bil in 1 week...which seems a bit ridiculous considering they have no lifes. Furthermore the fact that drops HAVE to be share if ur running a pt makes it even more complicated (can't tell u how many times i had a bl or fs pick up binded GS (im a wa btw) showing how ignorant ppl are). I guess what im trying to tell u is that in order to get rich u need to solo most stuff (unless u have a rly well knit guild like seiretei=who have made their fortunes otherwise of course). SO either be patient or hax xD lol

ankoun2232
10-19-2012, 09:47 AM

dont listen to him..i used to run things in plus 10 titanium lol
=P

Sandulf
10-19-2012, 10:55 AM
running ic1 solo in ur +10 titanium rly? ...think again

ankoun2232
10-19-2012, 11:02 AM
actually it was only boots and gloves
osm plus 9 suit

i did it k
lol
dmg and vamp is more important so i would tell this guy to concentrate on that over everything else

ROFLwiz
10-19-2012, 12:01 PM

My 800+ posts and 3 years of wizard play overrides everything you have said in this thread.

SpellBlade
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM
My 800+ posts and 3 years of wizard play overrides everything you have said in this thread.

Which would you suggest then ROFLwiz?

I have a 7% amp suit +7 but its a char bind... but havent worn it yet... think I should attempt to sell and save up for +9? It's a minor defence increase, +10 def +10 def rate + 30 hp between the two. If I use the +7 which I have now, it'll become bound, so I cant resell it later on.. although, the suit was a free drop, and had a friend +7 it for 10m, since I fail at plussing... so would only loose 10m, but I intend on having the Osmium for a long while, if I can get a full 7% Amp set. A +9 suit is 50-60m atm on the AH... so using the +7 would save me 50-60m as far as getting my Wi geared quickly, because would only have to get boots, gloves, helm and a weapon... the rest of the stuff would have to farm (Merg) or transfer from my FB (Vamp Ammy/Earrings, 26% CDI +7 Orb, RoL+2 (2))

Cathy
10-19-2012, 01:16 PM
osm plus 9 suit

i did it k
lol
dmg and vamp is more important so i would tell this guy to concentrate on that over everything else

Thank you, finally somebody understands T^T

I do ic1 half-naked sometimes too to mix things up :P

SpellBlade
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Looks like the gloves are no longer in the AH, they were there for 120m for +9.. so I guess they sold already.

For my helm, the cheapest 8/20 is 260m +9... There is a 5/20 helm for 15m... its only +5, but it would be better than my current helm I have and would last me a while for only 3 rate less. I know that the 8/20 would be better, since WI rate is low already, but I havent got 260m to spend on 1 item for my WI atm... Looking for a cheap 7% Amp thatll last me through ic1, b2f, ft1, aos1 with my guild as those are what we are currently running. I could later upgrade to the 8/20 helm after I do a few more minor upgrades on my FB, and when able to farm for the money.

Because of this event, dungeon entries + entry mats are to expensive to buy/craft with minimal profit from the runs, so would be hard enough for me to come up with 120m for boots, 120m for gloves (if I can find again) 70m for a weapon and 15m for a helm, as well as another 33m for the rest of my Upgrade Skills. Any advice on this? Should I get the 5/20 helm now, or hold off and try for the 8/20 helm (After the event)

Asking about now, because the sooner I can farm the Alz to get a decent enough set, the sooner I can go to my WI and War for 1-2 Honor Ranks (Current 5) need a minimum of 6, 7 if I can... then can lvl up fairly quickly in LS/MF up to 130-140, and then could be able to upgrade then.

ROFLwiz
10-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Which would you suggest then ROFLwiz?

I have a 7% amp suit +7 but its a char bind... but havent worn it yet... think I should attempt to sell and save up for +9? It's a minor defence increase, +10 def +10 def rate + 30 hp between the two. If I use the +7 which I have now, it'll become bound, so I cant resell it later on.. although, the suit was a free drop, and had a friend +7 it for 10m, since I fail at plussing... so would only loose 10m, but I intend on having the Osmium for a long while, if I can get a full 7% Amp set. A +9 suit is 50-60m atm on the AH... so using the +7 would save me 50-60m as far as getting my Wi geared quickly, because would only have to get boots, gloves, helm and a weapon... the rest of the stuff would have to farm (Merg) or transfer from my FB (Vamp Ammy/Earrings, 26% CDI +7 Orb, RoL+2 (2))

Depends, osm is osm its up 2 u if u want a non-bind or a bind and if u believe you can save money by +'ing then do it. I can't say if its going to go +9 easily or not. Cabal is to based on luck... But most people would say go for already +'ed items.

Sandulf
10-19-2012, 05:29 PM
osm plus 9 suit

i did it k
lol

K upload a vid i wanna see this...u soloing lycanus

Sandulf
10-19-2012, 05:34 PM

800+ posts make u pro lol thanks for the good laugh
3 yrs of wizards play...overrides everything i say?
Did i not mention vamp when i said earrings and amulet? Do u take me for dumb? Ik osmi gives u more dmg and better vamp...u just wana put ut 2 cents in to prove a stupid point that ur a lil 5yr old girl screaming for attention. There is such thing as hybrid or when vamp is not going to save u cuz there are such things as caps.
Idk why i even answer im wasting my time on ur dumb ass

Cathy
10-19-2012, 05:40 PM
K upload a vid i wanna see this...u soloing lycanus

All you need is around 700-ish defense (I bet some more experienced people will say 700 is overkill)

You can hit 700 defense with titanium

chainlock
10-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah, 700 is overkill for almost any pve if you know what to do.

Sandulf
10-20-2012, 04:08 AM
Consider the fact that bl/wi have more def rate than champs like wa...and wa or fs have slow casting skills. I agree with u 700 def will be overkill IF* u have high vamp cap=high lvl/honor/hp/runes that would not necessarily apply to low lvl ppl.

Cathy
10-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Consider the fact that bl/wi have more def rate than champs like wa...and wa or fs have slow casting skills. I agree with u 700 def will be overkill IF* u have high vamp cap=high lvl/honor/hp/runes that would not necessarily apply to low lvl ppl.

Leveling up to 170 is is a lot easier than making alz for gear

And Vamp cap is something nobody has to worry about for the last year and a half

Sandulf
10-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes, lvling is easier than farming...but those are dependent on ea so u can't just do 1 and not the other
and when u say NOBODY u clearly haven't helped any new ppl out, or newbies
You speak from ur rich perspective having money and lvl but u can't get down to their lvl to understand how they think
U must admit that vamp is not always gona save u, take for ex pluma...yes vamp is the major component but with no def its not gona save u
All im saying is that u have to have a balance of the 2, idk why u all jumped the gun when i said forci (when all i said was that forci has more def than osmi which is a fact)
Besides when ur in bm3 certain synergies apply a -5% armor on u which if ur a low rank bm3 would make a big difference (speaking of wa of course since u cant vamp much in bm3). Not to mention the spike attacks that can pretty much KO you.
I'm not disagreeing with u Cathy just that u only see ur point of view but refuse to see the low lvl new poor ppl point of view
Observe that from lvl 1-100 vamp does practically nothing (uk rings/amulets...etc caps, honor)
Pushing one to think that def plays the dominant role, when in reality its a mix of def, vamp and dmg

Cathy
10-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, lvling is easier than farming...but those are dependent on ea so u can't just do 1 and not the other
and when u say NOBODY u clearly haven't helped any new ppl out, or newbies
You speak from ur rich perspective having money and lvl but u can't get down to their lvl to understand how they think
U must admit that vamp is not always gona save u, take for ex pluma...yes vamp is the major component but with no def its not gona save u
All im saying is that u have to have a balance of the 2, idk why u all jumped the gun when i said forci (when all i said was that forci has more def than osmi which is a fact)
Besides when ur in bm3 certain synergies apply a -5% armor on u which if ur a low rank bm3 would make a big difference (speaking of wa of course since u cant vamp much in bm3). Not to mention the spike attacks that can pretty much KO you.
I'm not disagreeing with u Cathy just that u only see ur point of view but refuse to see the low lvl new poor ppl point of view
Observe that from lvl 1-100 vamp does practically nothing (uk rings/amulets...etc caps, honor)
Pushing one to think that def plays the dominant role, when in reality its a mix of def, vamp and dmg

50 max hp steal per hit will keep you alive as well as 250 def will

You seem to think that I am rich and have a lot of gear, and only play high level characters; and I don't know how to survive as a low level, which isn't true.

Sandulf
10-20-2012, 09:52 AM
haha Cathy
I proved my point...moving on

chainlock
10-20-2012, 12:21 PM
You could level to 190 naked on any class other than warrior if you really wanted to, grinding in the correct area for your level too. Every class has 100% stun combos and auto attacks you can set up other than a warrior.
I personally would take forci 5% over osm 7% if I was to do it all again and they were about the same price.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyNhzoE0rSw&list=UU16d0td-oyuCvLkXSeP0rJA&index=3&feature=plcp

Sandulf
10-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Chainlock love ur comment +1

Deathlymonkey
10-20-2012, 02:47 PM
You could level to 190 naked on any class other than warrior if you really wanted to, grinding in the correct area for your level too. Every class has 100% stun combos and auto attacks you can set up other than a warrior.
I personally would take forci 5% over osm 7% if I was to do it all again and they were about the same price.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyNhzoE0rSw&list=UU16d0td-oyuCvLkXSeP0rJA&index=3&feature=plcp

Blader build is different from wiz build, any good wiz would tell you to go with 7% rather than higher grade 5%

chainlock
10-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Blader build is different from wiz build, any good wiz would tell you to go with 7% rather than higher grade 5%

I was talking about on my wiz. I'd happily lose the 6 amp to gain 174 defense and 200+ hp, comparing +11, if both were the same price.

6 amp is hardly noticeable, while almost 200 defense is very noticable.

If you were to put the 2 wizards against each other in a pvp, the one with the forcium would hit harder than the one with the extra amp.

chainlock
10-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Double post. :)

Deathlymonkey
10-20-2012, 03:44 PM
I was talking about on my wiz. I'd happily lose the 6 amp to gain 174 defense and 200+ hp, comparing +11, if both were the same price.

6 amp is hardly noticeable, while almost 200 defense is very noticable.

If you were to put the 2 wizards against each other in a pvp, the one with the forcium would hit harder than the one with the extra amp.

I understand what you say, but honestly that's blader logic again :P If he goes forci build he is not losing only 6% amp, but also a hella lot of m.atk, which is noticeable.

Especially since he's not talking about pvp, he's talking about running dungeons with his guildies (meaning he doesn't really NEED the extra dex/hp, while the extra amp can help killing bosses faster).

Even if he was talking about solo'ing stuff i'd still take the extra damage and good vamp over 5% forci.

chainlock
10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I understand what you say, but honestly that's blader logic again :P If he goes forci build he is not losing only 6% amp, but also a hella lot of m.atk, which is noticeable.

Especially since he's not talking about pvp, he's talking about running dungeons with his guildies (meaning he doesn't really NEED the extra dex/hp, while the extra amp can help killing bosses faster).

Even if he was talking about solo'ing stuff i'd still take the extra damage and good vamp over 5% forci.

He's going to have 68 str and 136 dex from using 2 slot forci orbs if he's new and needs good weapons for super cheap anyway, he's gaining 9 str to use the armor... The difference in m.atk from stats of topaz/osm as your highest str/dex requirement is only 13 m.atk. You can't get a better weapon than 2 slot forci for under a few bil, so he's going to have 68 str and 136 dex regardless for a long time which would make the str a 4 m.atk difference, not noticeable.

6 amp on dungeon bosses is going to result in only around 100 damage increase per crit, not a lot.

Either choice is fine, I went with 7% when I made my wiz and it worked, I later tried 5% that a friend had just for some fun and it was overall better.

It's not blader logic, it's common math and understanding of the game.

Deathlymonkey
10-20-2012, 05:32 PM
He's going to have 68 str and 136 dex from using 2 slot forci orbs if he's new and needs good weapons for super cheap anyway, he's gaining 9 str to use the armor... The difference in m.atk from stats of topaz/osm as your highest str/dex requirement is only 13 m.atk. You can't get a better weapon than 2 slot forci for under a few bil, so he's going to have 68 str and 136 dex regardless for a long time which would make the str a 4 m.atk difference, not noticeable.

6 amp on dungeon bosses is going to result in only around 100 damage increase per crit, not a lot.

Either choice is fine, I went with 7% when I made my wiz and it worked, I later tried 5% that a friend had just for some fun and it was overall better.

I have to disagree, in my opinion 2 slot forci orbs isn't a good choice of weapons for a new wizard, especially with bm3. 7/3X phery/aqua orbs provide way better rate/crit dmg. If he uses aqua build stats he won't be losing that much m.atk. Bm3 gives a lot of m.atk, so rate/dmg becomes a lot more important than the base m.atk.

I personally think that going osm/aqua build is a better option for a low level wizard because the overall dmg output ends up being a lot higher. Also, considering he will be running mainly party dungeons, he should try to maximize his dmg output, not his tanking abilities.

I am not saying that 5% forci build is bad, but I see more advantages going with lower grade gear. (Being a bit more squishy also means that he will learn where to stand, when to blink/dash/fade, when to stun, in order to survive. That means he will learn to play his class and won't just stand there and take hits.

Anyways I don't really see why we are arguing about this lol since his question was osm 7% vs mystic 5%, not forci 5% :P

SpellBlade
10-20-2012, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=chainlock;360383]
QUOTE]

I could actually disagree as far as this goes, my main is a FB, and any increase I've done on my Amp has put out a good amount of damage increase. I use to run SoD in roughly 16 minutes while trying to speed through, a amp increase of Lvl 2 Bl - Lvl 3 BL merc (1%) + Amp increase of BoF+2(2) to BoF+3, BoF+3 of Amp has allowed me to turn that 16 min run to a 12-13 min run if I rush... 15 mins easy without having to rush. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I know that the Osmi 7% Amp is better than a 5% amp of any grade... however, Im on a low budget, so was asking about that. Wether it would be better to get the 5% to use, or save up until i could afford the full 7% Amp. As far as the Forcium Orbs, I would not buy a 2 slot orb for a few mil, because they have no slots added yet. It would more than likely be cheaper to buy +11 Forci 2 Slot Orbs with Crit Dmg than it would be to buy 2 slot empty forci and adding the scrolls, as well as upgrading it.

On my FB I went with buying a empty two slot katana, and later adding the crit dmg, later I learned that I was extremely lucky in that matter, because neither of my scrolls failed (35m +7m first, 35m +14m 2nd slot).. so thats roughly 90m minimum.. if lucky

Sandulf
10-20-2012, 07:06 PM
To comment on the weps...in general there are 2 routes low amp high base atck or high amp low base atck will give u same results (considering cd is the same)
Amp just "amplifies a skill" sod might not be the best example for this since its very easy to go over the boss def/amp cap to make a difference. Kinda like fa and amp in bm2, they need good amp and atck for their bm2 to work, the reasoning goes that high base atck (here forci orbs) would provide u better dmg given u have low amp while osmi grade weps will only benefit it backed up by amp. However here il agree that amp>def in regards to crit hits since crit hits benefit more from amp rather than base atck. (penetration)
Its rly easy to test actualy (well fs deal with this all the time: their non crits ) If a fa/wi can confirm or comment on their dmg in these 2 instances
1) they remove armor: less amp-how the dmg changes (particularly the crit hits)
2) they remove wep: less base-how the dmg changes ( ll )

Cathy
10-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I have to disagree, in my opinion 2 slot forci orbs isn't a good choice of weapons for a new wizard, especially with bm3. 7/3X phery/aqua orbs provide way better rate/crit dmg. If he uses aqua build stats he won't be losing that much m.atk. Bm3 gives a lot of m.atk, so rate/dmg becomes a lot more important than the base m.atk.

I personally think that going osm/aqua build is a better option for a low level wizard because the overall dmg output ends up being a lot higher. Also, considering he will be running mainly party dungeons, he should try to maximize his dmg output, not his tanking abilities.

I am not saying that 5% forci build is bad, but I see more advantages going with lower grade gear. (Being a bit more squishy also means that he will learn where to stand, when to blink/dash/fade, when to stun, in order to survive. That means he will learn to play his class and won't just stand there and take hits.

Anyways I don't really see why we are arguing about this lol since his question was osm 7% vs mystic 5%, not forci 5% :P

I agree entirely with Bre

Pvp wise: ofc the extra defense will be better than the tiny amp

Pve wise: if you only need 700 def to survive something, anything over that will do Zero to help you (unless you're planning to just afk and see how long you can last...), but you can never have enough dps.

It'll do more than 100 damage increase per crit.

ankoun2232
10-22-2012, 10:37 AM
sandulf is just mad he doesnt know how to stun.
ill make a vid soon ..when i have time...i have to find that crappy accnt bound tit lol.

i know people like facecancer in venus that depiste his gear he clearly knew/knows more about pve than me. he was running around in all stit and he was completely fine. soloing ic1 etc

so yea =P dont be mad get glad

ankoun2232
10-22-2012, 10:47 AM

i agree ...7 34 pherys FTW lol /facepalm ...i gotta change my orbs

Sandulf
10-22-2012, 10:57 AM
lol ankoun ur right...i been playin wa too long forgot WI has like 4 skills that stun...just got on my wi and ya i see what u sayin with that stun.
Maybe im paranoid bout using hp pots, anyway glad u brought it to my attention.
Now if only i had a good pve combo...any advice?

Sprite
10-24-2012, 06:41 AM
EDC -> cannons/ lances until they get unstunned -> sc -> cannons/ lances until they get unstunned

Repeat

Gear wise just go with craftsman pc osm since it's also good in pvp and relatively cheap. 750 def w/ decent vamp is typically all you need on wiz