PDA

View Full Version : Cabal global camp, developer interviews

xXCrusadeXx
10-22-2012, 03:51 PM
How did that go? Did you guys get to express all the concerns? What did they say?

Sprite
10-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Was only 15min long. Only thing I got to ask was why kill titles were crap compared to honor titles. They said they didn't know either and something to do with player abuse. They said they'd work on it though. Some other questions were about security in which they said they were working on everyday.

truely false
10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
I believe from what I was able to watch from the video streaming they didn't have any developer interviews in which they could voice any concerns about the current game play. From what I saw it was developer explaining about the new upcoming features in ep10. I could be wrong but thats what it looked like to me from the video streaming. Hopefully one of the reps like Xi or Romp or even Miyuu can verify.

I see Xi posted will I was writing my post ...lol

Romp
10-22-2012, 04:03 PM
15minutes Dev only spoke KR, there was like 5 questions 4 of them in KR.

xXCrusadeXx
10-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Seems more like this was a promotional event rather than to hear constructive criticism and fix issues.

Sprite
10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Seems more like this was a promotional event rather than to hear constructive criticism and fix issues.

Pretty much. Though we met this great guy named Calvin who pretty much controls half of cabal. He spoke great english, was a funny guy, and knew everything going on around the game. Me, Kevin, and Therese spoke to him just 1 to 1 talking about a bunch of different issues. If you have any particular issues that you're wondering if we discussed, just ask away. I'm a bit too lazy to talk about all the topics we covered.

Romp
10-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Yea the majority of the info we got was from behind doors as stated by XI.
The whole presentation/dev/q&a was like in-between the qualifying and quarter rounds so our minds were on PVP to be honest.

Masa
10-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Pretty much. Though we met this great guy named Calvin who pretty much controls half of cabal. He spoke great english, was a funny guy, and knew everything going on around the game. Me, Kevin, and Therese spoke to him just 1 to 1 talking about a bunch of different issues. If you have any particular issues that you're wondering if we discussed, just ask away. I'm a bit too lazy to talk about all the topics we covered.
I have Calvin's contact info so if you want to relay questions to him through me you can do so. although, when i tried to email him earlier it didn't go through. =/

NiteFalcon
10-22-2012, 05:08 PM
I have Calvin's contact info so if you want to relay questions to him through me you can do so. although, when i tried to email him earlier it didn't go through. =/

deng LOL he block u already

Masa
10-22-2012, 05:15 PM
deng LOL he block u already
LOL nu uh!
btw love your sig

xXCrusadeXx
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM

Not sure of the specific topics, but if theres anything important you discussed, it would be worth hearing

Sprite
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Not sure of the specific topics, but if theres anything important you discussed, it would be worth hearing

Bots are always a top priority. They are also extremely smart which makes it hard to deal with them. We were told that in PH, bots are programmed to talk back to people as well as run away when someone with the GM tag comes around. Pretty lulz.

Balance issues with FA in the new patch and the new map will be worked on

NA population is the 2nd lowest in all the cabal servers

Can't really think of anything else atm.

crushingraid
10-22-2012, 07:10 PM
programming bots to talk back isnt hard at all.

na second lowest probably because we get sht drop rates among a plethora of other issues.

Cathy
10-22-2012, 08:01 PM
programming bots to talk back isnt hard at all.

na second lowest probably because we get sht drop rates among a plethora of other issues.

EU, NA, and KO drop rates are exactly the same

The only difference is player population. And Cabal is unpopular in NA for the same reasons that Call of Duty is more popular than Final Fantasy in NA.

NiteFalcon
10-22-2012, 08:09 PM
cabal is unpopular in NA because less than half the population speaks english, and its a massive grind to get to end game

truely false
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
cabal is unpopular in NA because less than half the population speaks english, and its a massive grind to get to end game

I wasn't aware that less than half of North America spoke english...lol. You have to have meant the cabal population not North American cause I'm sure a lot more than less than half speak english in North America.

As for Cabal's popularity level in my opinion it has to do with a number of reasons one of which is the game is not a fast pace playing game. Its a slow character developing type of game which most of todays teen players and some adult players don't have the patience for.

Triplethreat
10-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Its a slow character developing type of game which most of todays teen players and some adult players don't have the patients for.

Are they doctors?

crushingraid
10-23-2012, 05:24 AM
herea thought, you know how you get double xp when you havent logged for a while?

add drop rate with that. gives people who hasnt logged for a while an incentive to run some dungeons to get that great itme.

Cathy
10-23-2012, 05:27 AM
herea thought, you know how you get double xp when you havent logged for a while?

add drop rate with that. gives people who hasnt logged for a while an incentive to run some dungeons to get that great itme.

+Drop Rate doesn't affect chests

Chest drop rates are 100% except for in RS

Scarface
10-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Yea the majority of the info we got was from behind doors as stated by XI.
The whole presentation/dev/q&a was like in-between the qualifying and quarter rounds so our minds were on PVP to be honest.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. You guys made videos asking the Cabal community to vote for you and what questions we wanted asked and you even made a message board section for people to also post questions. Yet when it came time to possibly ask questions, you were more concerned about PVP? Sounds fairly selfish.

Sprite
10-24-2012, 03:41 PM
So let me see if I understand this correctly. You guys made videos asking the Cabal community to vote for you and what questions we wanted asked and you even made a message board section for people to also post questions. Yet when it came time to possibly ask questions, you were more concerned about PVP? Sounds fairly selfish.

what part about 15min of q+a time didn't you read? we only got to 5 questions total in the whole room and 1 of them was my question about war mechanics. he just said we were able to talk with one of the head people behind closed doors so if you possibly have any issue you'd like to know about, feel free to ask us. we might have talked about it.

DanteX
10-24-2012, 03:58 PM
what part about 15min of q+a time didn't you read? we only got to 5 questions total in the whole room and 1 of them was my question about war mechanics. he just said we were able to talk with one of the head people behind closed doors so if you possibly have any issue you'd like to know about, feel free to ask us. we might have talked about it.
are they planning on doing something about the low population in na o.0?

Sprite
10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
are they planning on doing something about the low population in na o.0?

no. there are no plans of ever doing a server merge. they said it's extremely time consuming and the mechanics used are not the same as doing a regular character server transfer.

DanteX
10-24-2012, 04:19 PM
no. there are no plans of ever doing a server merge. they said it's extremely time consuming and the mechanics used are not the same as doing a regular character server transfer.
not really sure why you brought up a server merge since that's not what i said but, I was more leaning towards advertising or having some kind of event at gaming convention idk something along those lines because very few people even know what cabal is in na. most of the gamers i know think im playing WoW or something (hate that game >.>)

Sprite
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
not really sure why you brought up a server merge since that's not what i said but, I was more leaning towards advertising or having some kind of event at gaming convention idk something along those lines because very few people even know what cabal is in na. most of the gamers i know think im playing WoW or something (hate that game >.>)

i hope you realize cabal is at e3 every year already.

Valdoroth
10-24-2012, 05:22 PM
not really sure why you brought up a server merge since that's not what i said but, I was more leaning towards advertising or having some kind of event at gaming convention idk something along those lines because very few people even know what cabal is in na. most of the gamers i know think im playing WoW or something (hate that game >.>) They have started doing that. I've actually seen some Cabal NA ads online now.

DanteX
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
i hope you realize cabal is at e3 every year already.

nope didn't know that. they need to do beta D:<

quoisky
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Well since OGPlanet failed bigtime, it's kinda hard to go back and say "woops! Ok we messed up, but a new team is running the show now so it's all ok for everyone to come back".Everyone I talked to moved on years ago now after that. With that point made, the word got around about it as well. So it sorta ruin this game's reputation of "trust". When you come back after years to seeying bots in every server again, well...the first thing that comes to mind is "sigh, nothing changed".
Before they go advertise the crap outa this game, they need to take care of their gold spaming/game hacking/bot infested game!
It's a real shame because this game IS very good in all other aspects except for that one mentioned above. Which is a major turn-off!

+8 graphics
+7 music
+9 mission interface
+7 maps/world creation
-1 for pot spam control (hp/mp delay especialy in dungeons! It's ridiculous)
-10000 for goldspammers/hacks opened/bots... still out of control
+2 ecoin vs money currency... I think some things could be cheaper (for a free-to-play)
+4 available items in ecoins (lacking alot of options)
+8 overall development since beta here in NA.

Nozomi
10-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Trust me (and them) the q&a time was basically aimed at koreans only. They didn't even translate the questions and the answers and looked quite troubled when XI questioned them.

Romp
10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
p.s. hi nozomi.

like we said it was literally 15minutes. total of 5 questions. 4 were in korean and not translated. Xi asked 1 they were like wadafaq. Then they were like we are ending Q&A now.

Another note we did get LOTS of information most of which was given to us not during Q&A like XI said.

truely false
10-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Trust me (and them) the q&a time was basically aimed at koreans only. They didn't even translate the questions and the answers and looked quite troubled when XI questioned them.

With this said it gets me to believe they dismiss us, NA, only because we are a small village compared to the metropolis the KR servers are.

Nozomi
10-25-2012, 03:42 AM
With this said it gets me to believe they dismiss us, NA, only because we are a small village compared to the metropolis the KR servers are.
They did dismiss everyone besides kr players, with which they were very friendly. I saw the staff laughing and joking with kr players as if they were old friends during the pvp tournament.

Cathy
10-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Foreigners are scary

Nozomi
10-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Foreigners are scary
I wonder what koreans thought when they saw Viral being from 20 to 30 cms taller than them.

brusky
10-25-2012, 05:43 AM
GM Viral was there? O.o

Nozomi
10-25-2012, 06:02 AM
GM Viral was there? O.o
of course o.o

Lord Kronius
10-25-2012, 03:58 PM
make cabal less time consuming? Wouldn't that mean.. less work to get what you want? I actually like this game because you ahve to work hard. well usually

jamnotjelly
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Work hard rhymes with credit card

Spamzor
10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Work hard rhymes with credit card

hahahahahaha LOOL You just made my evening , ThankYou ;)

jamnotjelly
10-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I aim to please lol