PDA

View Full Version : Players outside USA buying prepaid cards be carefull!

Abi
11-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Alright so,

as discoverred by my sister, if you are outside the USA, and you purchase a 10USD ultimate gamecard code, you will not be able to use it. Simple as that.

Why? Because they will consider that you only paid (average) 9.97$CAD (which still equals to 10USD, mind you) and that you still need to pay 0.03$CAD to be able to redeem it.

Just thought I'd let people know so they wouldnt be stuck with a useless prepaid code.:(

Berserk_Fury
11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Where did you buy the card from?

SaberGirl
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Alright so,

as discoverred by my sister, if you are outside the USA, and you purchase a 10USD ultimate gamecard code, you will not be able to use it. Simple as that.

Why? Because they will consider that you only paid (average) 9.97$CAD (which still equals to 10USD, mind you) and that you still need to pay 0.03$CAD to be able to redeem it.

Just thought I'd let people know so they wouldnt be stuck with a useless prepaid code.:(
Of course. You should always read each prepaid card's terms and conditions (which does include where you are able to use them and stuff like that...) before you purchase them. Even online, you read their terms and conditions first. Also, make sure you don't get scammed by buying it from unofficial sites and/or illegit vendors (certain stores, on the streets, etc.). Then you wouldn't feel scammed. The best way to avoid mistakes and scams are to check first before you buy. :) After all, it's your money and no one's reliable for it if you use it without checking first.

truely false
11-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Alright so,

Just a thought is there a site were you can refill the card and if so why not just add the .03$CAD. I know some prepaid cards allow refilling.

Berserk_Fury
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Just a thought is there a site were you can refill the card and if so why not just add the .03$CAD. I know some prepaid cards allow refilling.

No you can't refill ultimate game cards

DivineExorcist
11-27-2012, 05:04 PM
.03 cad wow....... one thing thats always made me feel a bit uneasy is that were paying for pixels...(by choice or whatever) it doesn't cost them anything to just spawn a k red or a blessing bead. Yet they behave so strictly when it comes to these types of things like if there mining gold or diamonds, like if what were paying for actually cost em anything other than an electric bill. If for 3 canadian cents they dont give u pixels thats actually dumb business wise because now they dont even get the 9.97 im astonished by these kinds of things.

Abi
11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Where did you buy the card from?

this one :

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/ultimate-game-card-10/

Oh well...

Shmoo
11-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Abi, I had the same issue, so I re-entered the same card number once more and this time I chose "US" currency. It worked! No 0.09 cent charge, it took it away.

Abi
11-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Abi, I had the same issue, so I re-entered the same card number once more and this time I chose "US" currency. It worked! No 0.09 cent charge, it took it away.

Yea we tried that and it refused to change the zone. Always took it back to Canada automatically (probably by looking up the IP address... -.-)

Berserk_Fury
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
this one :

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/ultimate-game-card-10/

Oh well...

That's ridiculous. I've bought those cards from the same website several times before and they were exactly $10, I don't see why the he'll they'd be trying to charge you extra off the same cards.

Abi
11-28-2012, 09:05 AM
That's ridiculous. I've bought those cards from the same website several times before and they were exactly $10, I don't see why the he'll they'd be trying to charge you extra off the same cards.

Because I'm canadian. and our money is worth more than yours, so it only cost her 9.97 canadian dollars to buy a 10 us dollars card

but when we went to try to enter the code on cabal's website, it detected that we're in canada, thus only paid 9.97, thus need to pay an extra 0.03$ =.=

blergh.

whitetrash
11-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Could always try to get ahold of pcgame and see if there is something they either refunding it or changing it never know worth a shot lol

Abi
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
lol I think she's looking for another game that takes those cards and will accept it and just play that game

Berserk_Fury
11-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Because I'm canadian. and our money is worth more than yours, so it only cost her 9.97 canadian dollars to buy a 10 us dollars card

but when we went to try to enter the code on cabal's website, it detected that we're in canada, thus only paid 9.97, thus need to pay an extra 0.03$ =.=

blergh.

I don't see why they'd expect Canadian players to be paying anything extra than US players just because currently you guys have a better economy.

Abi
11-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm just wondering if I pay 820yens for a gamecard (roughly 10USD), are they gonna consider I paid 820USD? KAKAKAKAKA

Berserk_Fury
11-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm just wondering if I pay 820yens for a gamecard (roughly 10USD), are they gonna consider I paid 820USD? KAKAKAKAKA

I think EST just doesn't know that there's more than 1 type of dollar.