PDA

View Full Version : User Warning: Usage of certain keyboards

Valdoroth
12-19-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd like to take a minute to explain the negative impact of using a keyboard that can perform functions more than the normal keyboard, like open alternate functions, or use series of keys, like macros.
Apparently in Cabal Online if you have such a keyboard, you cannot use any of those functions without Selecting the Enable Global Hotkeys option in the Options> Game page> Lower Left:

This allows you to use the extra keys on your keyboard like play/pause/next/previous/etc. It was added I believe with the Saints Requiem update, so it's been around for awhile.
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/globalhotkeys_zpsafb2dc38.jpg

Here is the example of my keyboard:
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/logitechg510_zps478e938f.jpg

The highlighted keys are all the extra keys. They are allowed to be used, however, the extra functions that can be used from the to use other keys and repeat that are not allowed. It's fine to use them to auto type /dance, /pvp, and stuff like that (though it never seems to close chat after it does it) or even open up programs like calculator or itunes, but when you use them to auto press other keys when not in chat bar it's not allowed (keys that perform actions from your character like quick slot bar keys).

The negative part is when you try to use them to do stuff for you when you're not "present" (AFK) (and in some cases present too), however how they know you're not there is simply a mystery. For all anyone knows you could be sitting there watching it do it, but it's still not allowed because it's not in the "spirit of Service."
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/spiritofservice_zpsda3394bf.jpg
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/nomacrosorbotting_zps47f1cc68.jpg

Now, the reason people would use stuff like this is for one of two reasons: Farming materials, or those illegal botters that sell alz illegally.
However, without farming, you don't have crafting materials. Without those materials, crafting is very difficult or extensively expensive to get some of the best possible items. The largest source of alz now is bought directly from ESTsoft in the form of Buff Capsules or Bronze Vouchers. Some people don't like to spend real money on those items, so they resort to farming what they need. Farming requires time. Time costs alot more than money, but using time when you're not actively at your computer is considered bad spirit, except for skilling, pet grinding, and even spinning in circles.

Now to explain the differences of a Botter (not they typo Booter in the Terms of Service) and Macros.

Botters are not limited to the game. They intercept incoming packets and can manipulate them, or interpret them extensively. They essentially can direct a target character to do quests, click stuff anywhere on the screen whenever needed, pick up only certain objects, npc stuff, etc all without a single keystroke.

Macros are limited to the game. They are simply a string of keystrokes that your keyboard does, with the press of only 1 key (like using a macro to auto use the keys 4-7 if they're your buffs instead of maually clicking each buff). It still is only limited to what the game lets your normal keys do, but since it does many keys for you in the order and/or timing that you want it's bad. However it cannot move your mouse and even though you can set it to click, it'll only click where you left your mouse.

So basically, if you want to be a good community player and host tournaments because of a lack of variety in the game from types of events or gameplay itself, or support players with gears because you don't need any, don't use the special extra's your keyboard can do, even if it's not an illegal 3rd party program bcs it'll get you banned permanently without even a second look at your programs or processess to verify that you didn't use anything illegal simply because it's not in their discretion as "spirit of service."

Thanks for reading it all if you did and good luck out there!

--- Valdoroth Kai

Scarface
12-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Anyone with half a brain knows macroing while AFK is not legal.

zzeke
12-19-2012, 05:12 PM
banned?

Berserk_Fury
12-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I thought it's been obvious to everyone that you can use extra keyboard keys (aka macro keys) to control things in the game, but you aren't allowed to use them for any automated features such as skill macro (dash combo macro and such).

Abi
12-20-2012, 05:30 AM
so u've been banned for using macros? lol

that's what you get for being lazy xP

but don't worry, I'm sure GMs like you enough to unban you eventually

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 07:01 AM

I hope not cheaters should be banned but it explains where his gear alz and craft mats came from

Abi
12-20-2012, 07:23 AM
If you haven't noticed yet, I am very cynic when it comes to the whole "people that should get banned" thing... I've seen too much stuff I do not agree with

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 08:41 AM
If you haven't noticed yet, I am very cynic when it comes to the whole "people that should get banned" thing... I've seen too much stuff I do not agree with

Everyone knows I've always stood up for the GMs
But If they unban him Ill loose all faith in the GM crew

Abi
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Everyone knows I've always stood up for the GMs
But If they unban him Ill loose all faith in the GM crew

Lost mine the day I reported a 15X FA that was wall hacking AND range hacking in PORTA! (160+ map..........) and they did nothing about it.

Hell I even had a SS of the dude (I always assume female chars are dude) begging me not to report him later on. Like what more did they need....

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 09:40 AM
The prob is a ss is hard to prove anyone with a good photoshop background can make it look legit
That's why they rarely ban over ss
Vids are undeniable hence are a lot more effective

Sea
12-20-2012, 09:49 AM
o.0 val u got banned? >.> why didnt u sell me ur dam crystal zzzzz....

Abi
12-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Or so I heard afterward.

sad thing is, there is no mention of that fact in the help desk. Had I known, I would certainly have frapped that -self censored so I dont get a warning- and uploaded the video.

regardless I would be willing to bet there are some sort of log files somewhere that could show either his presence in porta, either the chat in bi afterward. being a 15X in porta alone should have gotten him the ban.

this is just 1 example. There's also some people getting unbanned that I just shook my head in disapointment.

This is why I have very cynic views and predict he is probably gonna sweet talk his way out of it

Valdoroth
12-20-2012, 11:30 AM

Not lazy (look at my achievement rank for some proof of that), I just listened to someone else and I get into trouble for it (after reporting them once for the exact same thing and then they get unblocked, yea true story). Nope for unban.

I hope not cheaters should be banned but it explains where his gear alz and craft mats came from I didn't cheat for those. I actually did work hard and legit for those. This was day 3 I think. But in your POV I would agree about losing faith in our GM, assuming you had faith in them to begin with.

If you haven't noticed yet, I am very cynic when it comes to the whole "people that should get banned" thing... I've seen too much stuff I do not agree with We all know many players that still play and aren't banned after seen/ being proven to hack (a common trend is those that spend thousands on vouchers though).

o.0 val u got banned? >.> why didnt u sell me ur dam crystal zzzzz.... Bcs I didn't expect the program that lets me even use my keyboard (Logitech G510) to even work was illegal, or so they state it was. Their "extensive investigation" was all of 3 days and they closed my tickets and had to go back and edit one of them because they responded to it incorrectly, meaning they didn't even take my screenshots of my installed programs and my background processess a look at to verify.

If ESTsoft was at all smart, then Gameguard should have caught it, but we all know how good GG works. They're too unorganized, and all they care about is money no matter if it screws hundreds of ppl over or even ruins the entire game economy (vouchers).

There's no point in arguing against it though. I see where they're coming from, so it can make sense. Unlike real life and reality of virtual games, players with a keyboard that can do stuff like that have an "unfair advantage" and they try to make it as "fair" as possible. I have a saying I like to use: "Life ain't fair, so why should video games be?"

What kinda s (why is this word censored? seriously.... it's not in-game where twice as many players read/ type it) for venus is that I was one of the main battle glove and boot crafters for the entire server. I saw the prices of the gloves drop dramatically in a month after I stopped crafting them. It'll be ok in the end. I'll just start over, but EST can forget about ever getting premium from me. I was even going to x-fer to merc to fill my bike before x-fering back to Venus, but they lost out on that. I'm not a huge spender like some ppl, but I was a regular premium+bb plus user.

In anycase, it's not that big a deal. Sure a decent character is gone, but it can be rebuilt again over time. :)

Berserk_Fury
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
So what exactly did you have your keyboard do?

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 12:13 PM
It was not the prog that runs your keyboard that the issue was over its the way you used it
In my opinion what they did was fair due to YOUR actions
Kinda funny you say you won't spend anymore cash when it was your fault you were banned
The GMs only did what's right
Oh well not my issue

Sandulf
12-20-2012, 01:08 PM
It was not the prog that runs your keyboard that the issue was over its the way you used it
In my opinion what they did was fair due to YOUR actions
Kinda funny you say you won't spend anymore cash when it was your fault you were banned
The GMs only did what's right
Oh well not my issue

I wonder why u defend the GMs so much...
Compared to the hundreds of bots that are running around, whisper and mail bots what this guys did is nothing
Seems like their attention is in the wrong area...don't make me remind all of u about 2010 alz glitch, and guild warehouse...
how many ppl were NOT banned and were running free with crazy equips and still are
How many ppl still use hax and are not banned
Its a shame that he's banned for something so stupid while all the real illegitimate bots/users are still running around

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I wonder why u defend the GMs so much...
Compared to the hundreds of bots that are running around, whisper and mail bots what this guys did is nothing
Seems like their attention is in the wrong area...don't make me remind all of u about 2010 alz glitch, and guild warehouse...
how many ppl were NOT banned and were running free with crazy equips and still are
How many ppl still use hax and are not banned
Its a shame that he's banned for something so stupid while all the real illegitimate bots/users are still running around

So in your opinion setting your keyboard to auto target attack and loot is a stupid reason to ban someone?
As for the others kinda hard for them to catch everyone but they do what they can
There not gonna troll thru the data logs of every player
They can only investigate what game gaurd logs or when players report hence why not everyone gets caught

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 01:23 PM
As for defending the GMs hell yea I do they need all the support they can get with all the flack the catch they get blamed for everything and most of it I'd out of there control someone has to have there back

Sandulf
12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh WOW its such a big deal setting ur keyboard to do something u would otherwise do anyway, just frees ur hands a bit
Not like it does quests for u, makes any PKer miss (bots) or shouts gold selling channels
Clearly this guy wasn't making a bot he was using it on his main char (mere the reason this ban was stupid)

So u saying GMs shouldn't be blamed?
How bout those combo events, for which the winners where found guilty of using 3rd programs only later...
Priorities mang...weird priorities
I don't blame the GMs not like they haven't closed eyes on other ppls illegal activities...
Just sayin

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 02:20 PM
So your ok with him setting it up and leaving his comp and letting it run it course with him nowhere around brb lolling

Valdoroth
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I am aware of what I did being wrong. I'm not denying that. I posted this thread to clearly define measures some ppl may not have known. Not sure how you didn't see that. If you cannot stay on topic, then you're breaking forum rules.

So what exactly did you have your keyboard do?
To be 100% precise:

F2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, F4, Z, 0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SunnyAtdawn
12-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I have been using macros like dash in combo and using certain skills in order for years but I haven't had this ban problem. Is this something new?

Swifti
12-20-2012, 04:11 PM
post the screen shot of helpdesk of why you got banned
I'd like to take a minute to explain the negative impact of using a keyboard that can perform functions more than the normal keyboard, like open alternate functions, or use series of keys, like macros.
Apparently in Cabal Online if you have such a keyboard, you cannot use any of those functions without Selecting the Enable Global Hotkeys option in the Options> Game page> Lower Left:

This allows you to use the extra keys on your keyboard like play/pause/next/previous/etc. It was added I believe with the Saints Requiem update, so it's been around for awhile.
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/globalhotkeys_zpsafb2dc38.jpg

Here is the example of my keyboard:
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/logitechg510_zps478e938f.jpg

The highlighted keys are all the extra keys. They are allowed to be used, however, the extra functions that can be used from the to use other keys and repeat that are not allowed. It's fine to use them to auto type /dance, /pvp, and stuff like that (though it never seems to close chat after it does it) or even open up programs like calculator or itunes, but when you use them to auto press other keys when not in chat bar it's not allowed (keys that perform actions from your character like quick slot bar keys).

The negative part is when you try to use them to do stuff for you when you're not "present" (AFK) (and in some cases present too), however how they know you're not there is simply a mystery. For all anyone knows you could be sitting there watching it do it, but it's still not allowed because it's not in the "spirit of Service."
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/spiritofservice_zpsda3394bf.jpg
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/nomacrosorbotting_zps47f1cc68.jpg

Now, the reason people would use stuff like this is for one of two reasons: Farming materials, or those illegal botters that sell alz illegally.
However, without farming, you don't have crafting materials. Without those materials, crafting is very difficult or extensively expensive to get some of the best possible items. The largest source of alz now is bought directly from ESTsoft in the form of Buff Capsules or Bronze Vouchers. Some people don't like to spend real money on those items, so they resort to farming what they need. Farming requires time. Time costs alot more than money, but using time when you're not actively at your computer is considered bad spirit, except for skilling, pet grinding, and even spinning in circles.

Now to explain the differences of a Botter (not they typo Booter in the Terms of Service) and Macros.

Botters are not limited to the game. They intercept incoming packets and can manipulate them, or interpret them extensively. They essentially can direct a target character to do quests, click stuff anywhere on the screen whenever needed, pick up only certain objects, npc stuff, etc all without a single keystroke.

Macros are limited to the game. They are simply a string of keystrokes that your keyboard does, with the press of only 1 key (like using a macro to auto use the keys 4-7 if they're your buffs instead of maually clicking each buff). It still is only limited to what the game lets your normal keys do, but since it does many keys for you in the order and/or timing that you want it's bad. However it cannot move your mouse and even though you can set it to click, it'll only click where you left your mouse.

So basically, if you want to be a good community player and host tournaments because of a lack of variety in the game from types of events or gameplay itself, or support players with gears because you don't need any, don't use the special extra's your keyboard can do, even if it's not an illegal 3rd party program bcs it'll get you banned permanently without even a second look at your programs or processess to verify that you didn't use anything illegal simply because it's not in their discretion as "spirit of service."

Thanks for reading it all if you did and good luck out there!

--- Valdoroth Kai

Valdoroth
12-20-2012, 04:12 PM
No. It's Perma ban. I think perhaps they should implement an infraction penalty before a ban. For example, like a 1 month ban first time offense. 2nd time offense is 6 months ban (most ppl would quit by then). And 3rd time offense is Permanent. It gives players like a second chance really (and a chance at keeping a customer), but that might be too nice. Although alot can happen in 1 month.

post the screen shot of helpdesk of why you got banned
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/hdticketpic_zpsae2aa790.jpg
Bcs I used this, which comes with my keyboard:
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/logitechg510keyprofiler_zpsbb0d8d6c.jpg
In that pic all those key presses are allowed. It's only not allowed when it auto does skills basically. (actually the auto typing of /duel and /dice might be considered macro auto by the GM so not sure, however that oddly leaves your chat bar open after it types it with a / and I tried many ways to fix that)

You could even make a set where your g7 is combo, and the g8-12 are your various debuffs if you wanted, and that still be legal because it's like having 3 different key mapping options instead of just 2.

Berserk_Fury
12-20-2012, 04:44 PM
I have been using macros like dash in combo and using certain skills in order for years but I haven't had this ban problem. Is this something new?

You're just lucky that they haven't caught you yet.

Sea
12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
So in your opinion setting your keyboard to auto target attack and loot is a stupid reason to ban someone?
As for the others kinda hard for them to catch everyone but they do what they can
There not gonna troll thru the data logs of every player
They can only investigate what game gaurd logs or when players report hence why not everyone gets caught

cant believe how stupid you are man lol
its true that setting a keyboard to do certain things automatically isnt fair BUT,its not like val used it for hardcore hacking or anything,you know the reason? because his gear and all the time he has spent on his char and helping lots of ppl in this game isnt worth getting banned. i do agree that ppl should get banned when they hack/buy alz and take ALL the advantage from something like for example the keyboards.but if getting him banned is "right" for Gms then i truly believe they are extremely pathetic.it is funny how "GMs" are able to find out when some1 uses a device such as a keyboard or a mouse to play better but they cant find out the ppl who buy alz/hack which is pretty easy to know if you actually go around the game and see how fast ppl gear up and all the "pretty" items couple of ppl have;or should i say they dont want certain ppl to get banned am i right?

@sandful remember man that the glitch and all the shiz that happened in 2010 "never happened" bro what is wrong with you lol ;) cant believe you havent figured out that by now bro x.x same as for all the shiz the "allowed" ppl did and still do but its all ok cuz it is then ....^_^

but yea every1 knows Cabal NA Gms arent and never where that good,thats why with all the games coming out ppl are CASHING out before its to late.

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 09:05 PM
its true that setting a keyboard to do certain things automatically isnt fair BUT,its not like val used it for hardcore hacking or anything,you know the reason? because his gear and all the time he has spent on his char and helping lots of ppl in this game isnt worth getting banned. i do agree that ppl should get banned when they hack/buy alz and take ALL the advantage from something like for example the keyboards.but if getting him banned is "right" for Gms then i truly believe they are extremely pathetic.it is funny how "GMs" are able to find out when some1 uses a device such as a keyboard or a mouse to play better but they cant find out the ppl who buy alz/hack which is pretty easy to know if you actually go around the game and see how fast ppl gear up and all the "pretty" items couple of ppl have;or should i say they dont want certain ppl to get banned am i right?

@sandful remember man that the glitch and all the shiz that happened in 2010 "never happened" bro what is wrong with you lol ;) cant believe you havent figured out that by now bro x.x same as for all the shiz the "allowed" ppl did and still do but its all ok cuz it is then ....^_^

but yea every1 knows Cabal NA Gms arent and never where that good,thats why with all the games coming out ppl are CASHING out before its to late.

just because he didnt dload a bot prog does not mean he wasnt doing the same thing they do he was afk from his comp auto attacking and auto selecting mobs killing and looting i cant see how you can see it any other way just cause it was a macro and not a prog its still the same thing i dont care how you look at it the char he was on his main or not was farming for him he claims 3 days who knows he could have been doing it the whole time he has been playing the game but that dont matter much if its 1 hour or 3 years its still wrong and yes i believe his punishment was fair for that reason
but glad to see your pro auto play sea

Sea
12-20-2012, 09:36 PM
just because he didnt dload a bot prog does not mean he wasnt doing the same thing they do he was afk from his comp auto attacking and auto selecting mobs killing and looting i cant see how you can see it any other way just cause it was a macro and not a prog its still the same thing i dont care how you look at it the char he was on his main or not was farming for him he claims 3 days who knows he could have been doing it the whole time he has been playing the game but that dont matter much if its 1 hour or 3 years its still wrong and yes i believe his punishment was fair for that reason
but glad to see your pro auto play sea

idk why your taking it so far as to say "yes,he getting banned is 100% fair", i guess cuz he had the keyboard but not like he was a bot or anything,if he did it to stay active/online for lets say tpoints;spinning would be the same thing and trust me around the 70% of cabal population does that.and honestly idk wut all the shiz is about,its not like he geared up from it or anything.if u think about it;with no control over the char wut is he gonna do, go around killing niperlugs? lol cmon man its true that he shouldnt have done it but going to the extent of perm banning him is really stupid,how many ppl on their free time have sit and try to help the cabal community with events,help and support,reporting when something is wrong in the game,................ as much as him? yea the answer is no1 as simple as that.when the ting in korea happened he was one of the ppl that where nominated cuz ppl knew he actually cared about the game,sadly the Q&A from the korea event; there was almost no time to get info from the developers but honestly most of the questions xi/romp/miyu did to the developers i already knew the answers thanks to him but i guess GMs dont look through the whole picture before perm banning some1.its sad u get perm banned for hacking/haxing but when u buy alz u get temp banned lol i like Cabal NA GMs logic....
all i am saying is, think more before judging some1,its true that he took a lil advantage with his keyboard but cmon,he didnt gear up with it,he didnt up the entire server like back in 2010(yea every1 remembers that),he actually cares about the game unlike other ppl that still do their shiz and still nothing happens,just temp ban his acc for 1-2 months or something but dont be ridiculous and ban some1 who trully likes playing and helping unlike LOTS of ppl in this game.

whitetrash
12-20-2012, 09:47 PM
nippers nah he was killing mobbs in mf and looting the drops while not at his comp
just because he was active in the community does not give him immunity to what he did
he set a macro to auto play his char and collect drops like a bot
how do you know he hasnt been doing it the whole time he was playing just casue he was caught now?
come on now what he did was completely wrong and the punishment was fair

but sure i can run around in game help people give recomendatons all day too if they let "my keyboard" farm mats for me im in !!

Peaches
12-20-2012, 09:49 PM
GM bans arent ALWAYS 100% justified :p GM's are people too, in that they aren't perfect. I'm sure tons of you guys have jobs. Are you guys perfect at them?

Sea
12-20-2012, 09:57 PM
GM bans arent ALWAYS 100% justified :p GM's are people too, in that they aren't perfect. I'm sure tons of you guys have jobs. Are you guys perfect at them?

at least when i try to make a decision at work like giving some1 medical financial assistance i make sure if that person deserves or not.....
and i still believe wut GmAries did to val is unfair but yea nothing in life is perfect.

DivineExorcist
12-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Wow vald perman banned for this? Not surprised GMs have never met expectations. And lol whitetrash "defending" gms is one thing but u don't defend u abandon all logic and take their side regardless of the absurdity of what they do. Everyone pretty much understands temp ban would be good enough for this offence, Especially considering the time val put into the game to make it better. We did not always agree but it was effort to try and improve the game not take it backwards. Decisions by Gms have taken this game backwards and its pretty sad. I agree for the most part that no 1 is perfect but that does not cover all the mistakes gms have made over the years to be honest most of em are plain dumb, or show extremely well that this is for the money. With how much u defend gms it makes me wonder if ur just trying to join the gm items club.

xvxURIZENxvx
12-20-2012, 10:12 PM
It's all good...It's not like it's the end of the world or anything....

frillycheesesteak
12-20-2012, 11:01 PM
So you're not allowed to use your $90 keyboard for what it's supposed to do? Gotcha.

lej
12-21-2012, 01:32 AM
so lets sum up:
in cabal u get banned for using gaming equipment, while other games (i cannot mention bcoz of forum rules) its not just allowed, but encouraged...

so why am i supposed to pay a cent for this again?

Berserk_Fury
12-21-2012, 01:56 AM
so lets sum up:
in cabal u get banned for using gaming equipment, while other games (i cannot mention bcoz of forum rules) its not just allowed, but encouraged...

Actually macro use is very limited in most mmos, and generally using keyboards to make long and custom macros is almost never allowed but is often overlooked.

lej
12-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Actually macro use is very limited in most mmos, and generally using keyboards to make long and custom macros is almost never allowed but is often overlooked.
<sarcasm> thats why razor went out of business </sarcasm>

Deathlymonkey
12-21-2012, 03:53 AM

Who said you have to pay? Its technically a free game.

Scarface
12-21-2012, 05:57 AM
its true that setting a keyboard to do certain things automatically isnt fair BUT,its not like val used it for hardcore hacking or anything,you know the reason? because his gear and all the time he has spent on his char and helping lots of ppl in this game isnt worth getting banned. i do agree that ppl should get banned when they hack/buy alz and take ALL the advantage from something like for example the keyboards.

so he shouldn't be banned b/c, in your words "because his gear and all the time he has spent on his char and helping lots of ppl in this game isnt worth getting banned." Yet you agree that people should be banned for taking advantages of a keyboard function like he did? Way to stradle the fence on this man.

Scarface
12-21-2012, 06:17 AM
at least when i try to make a decision at work like giving some1 medical financial assistance i make sure if that person deserves or not.....
and i still believe wut GmAries did to val is unfair but yea nothing in life is perfect.

So it's unfair to ban botters? Really?

whitetrash
12-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Wow vald perman banned for this? Not surprised GMs have never met expectations. And lol whitetrash "defending" gms is one thing but u don't defend u abandon all logic and take their side regardless of the absurdity of what they do. Everyone pretty much understands temp ban would be good enough for this offence, Especially considering the time val put into the game to make it better. We did not always agree but it was effort to try and improve the game not take it backwards. Decisions by Gms have taken this game backwards and its pretty sad. I agree for the most part that no 1 is perfect but that does not cover all the mistakes gms have made over the years to be honest most of em are plain dumb, or show extremely well that this is for the money. With how much u defend gms it makes me wonder if ur just trying to join the gm items club.

So what your saying is since he spent time in the community his ban should be less then a a typical person that farms while afk seems legit
I love how you defend him cause he is active but we all know if it was me or Loki or chingu or anyone else you would be saying the same thing as me
Plain and simple he found a different way to bot that's all there is too it
Free gear nah ill pass that would take all the fun out if the game

Triplethreat
12-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Did I read some posts in here correctly that people believe banning botters in unfair? Never thought I'd see the day people think botters shouldn't be banned. Maybe the world is coming to an end today.

Sea
12-21-2012, 09:09 AM
so he shouldn't be banned b/c, in your words "because his gear and all the time he has spent on his char and helping lots of ppl in this game isnt worth getting banned." Yet you agree that people should be banned for taking advantages of a keyboard function like he did? Way to stradle the fence on this man.

i dont agree on the perm ban thats the whole point. lot of ppl do wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more shiz on this game and still nothing happens to them but yea its is "them"..... so why go to the extreme and perm ban him?just temp ban him for 1-2 months or something or he needs to deposit 500-1k usd like a friend of mine did,then send a ticket and tell the GMs this" look at how much usd i spend on this game,if you guys want me to keep doing it the unban my acc" in a couple of days he was back lol
bottom line is getting val perm banned is just ridiculous...

whitetrash
12-21-2012, 09:12 AM
i dont agree on the perm ban thats the whole point. lot of ppl do wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more shiz on this game and still nothing happens to them but yea its is "them"..... so why go to the extreme and perm ban him?just temp ban him for 1-2 months or something or he needs to deposit 500-1k usd like a friend of mine did,then send a ticket and tell the GMs this" look at how much usd i spend on this game,if you guys want me to keep doing it the unban my acc" in a couple of days he was back lol
bottom line is getting val perm banned is just ridiculous...

Yup your saying bottles shouldn't be banned we understand

Berserk_Fury
12-21-2012, 09:53 AM
The TOS states that you will get perm banned if you use third party programs. Using a keyboard macro that times casting skills for you is using third party programs. Just because someone's been playing for years, and even if they're the nicest, most helpful person in the world, the TOS says that they must be banned.

[GM] Lorkan
12-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Valdoroth is an integral part of the CABAL Community. The CABAL Support Staff does appreciate his amazing conduct within CABAL. However, this does not excuse his actions that violated our policy. We understand that some of you believe that the action taken against his account is “unfair.”

The action taken against his account is the same for any player caught for the same violation. His illegal activity was reported and verified by multiple Game Masters. I, myself investigated and made the decision to block the account.

The comments in-regards to “Keyboard” functionalities
He was blocked not due to his keyboard. He was blocked due to the actions he committed with the keyboard.

Comments in-regards to “How come this other player didn’t get blocked”
Simple, we’re not SKYNET. We are unable to monitor each and every player’s activity. However, this does not mean we do not monitor anything, because WE DO.

We have multiple automated system that track specific activities. We have Game Masters who monitors specific activities. Once a player has been caught by our Game Master or Automated Blocking System, these players are immediately blocked.

Comments in-regards to “Alz Selling Website and automated gameplay”
Alz Selling Companies are here for one specific reason and that reason is there is profit to be made. Just like most F2P games, there will always be a swarm of these guys around. However, we block an average of 800+ accounts a day.

To truly stop these guys from swarming our game, players need to stop supporting their activities. Also, as a reminder, players caught purchasing Alz from these companies will receive an action taken against their account. Continued support of these companies will result in a permanent block.

Comments regarding “Illegal Activity Report”
We try our best to investigate each and every report we receive. Most of it has been investigated and blocked. Unfortunately, we require solid evidence before a block can be made. Screenshots are good, unfortunately, they are not very reliable. The closest thing that would truly help is a video recording of the violation committed by the player.

Lord Kronius
12-21-2012, 10:54 AM
+1 Lorkan xDD
stupid skynet!!

Valdoroth
12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Well said Gm Lorkan. I accepted my consequences like any other person should.

I posted this thread to explain how I used my keyboard improperly and how you too can avoid it.

As I mentioned before, "Life ain't fair, so why should video games be?"

I don't need great gears to remain being a good player (not talking about skill, I'm noob). I love helping ppl out and sure I won't quit just because I don't have Valdoroth anymore. Yes, I was stupid. Yes I got my proper punishment. Simple as that.

Peaches
12-21-2012, 01:33 PM
It's a good thing that I have a really crappy keyboard o.o

Berserk_Fury
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
It's a good thing that I have a really crappy keyboard o.o

There's nothing wrong with having a good keyboard. I use a razer blackwidow myself. You just have to know that macros and botting is against the rules...

BamOwnage
12-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Lorkan;368016']Valdoroth is an integral part of the CABAL Community. The CABAL Support Staff does appreciate his amazing conduct within CABAL. However, this does not excuse his actions that violated our policy. We understand that some of you believe that the action taken against his account is “unfair.”

The action taken against his account is the same for any player caught for the same violation. His illegal activity was reported and verified by multiple Game Masters. I, myself investigated and made the decision to block the account.

He was blocked not due to his keyboard. He was blocked due to the actions he committed with the keyboard.

Simple, we’re not SKYNET. We are unable to monitor each and every player’s activity. However, this does not mean we do not monitor anything, because WE DO.

We have multiple automated system that track specific activities. We have Game Masters who monitors specific activities. Once a player has been caught by our Game Master or Automated Blocking System, these players are immediately blocked.

Alz Selling Companies are here for one specific reason and that reason is there is profit to be made. Just like most F2P games, there will always be a swarm of these guys around. However, we block an average of 800+ accounts a day.

To truly stop these guys from swarming our game, players need to stop supporting their activities. Also, as a reminder, players caught purchasing Alz from these companies will receive an action taken against their account. Continued support of these companies will result in a permanent block.

We try our best to investigate each and every report we receive. Most of it has been investigated and blocked. Unfortunately, we require solid evidence before a block can be made. Screenshots are good, unfortunately, they are not very reliable. The closest thing that would truly help is a video recording of the violation committed by the player.

Lorkan just pooped on all of you lol

TeaParty
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Lorkan;368016']...

If that was so, why isn't Nation War monitored? Unless it is.

Either way I've sent in a ticket a month ago (#69383) regarding something fishy I saw, yet I still see the person roaming around and I'm pretty sure I had solid evidence. I'm posting it here because I can't seem to send in tickets. When I attempt to send in a ticket, it automatically sends me to a a page saying "This page is temporirly unavailable for heavy traffic or Cannot find the page."

SantaClaus
12-22-2012, 04:26 PM
No. It's Perma ban. I think perhaps they should implement an infraction penalty before a ban. For example, like a 1 month ban first time offense. 2nd time offense is 6 months ban (most ppl would quit by then). And 3rd time offense is Permanent. It gives players like a second chance really (and a chance at keeping a customer), but that might be too nice. Although alot can happen in 1 month.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/hdticketpic_zpsae2aa790.jpg
Bcs I used this, which comes with my keyboard:
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/hofflers/logitechg510keyprofiler_zpsbb0d8d6c.jpg
In that pic all those key presses are allowed. It's only not allowed when it auto does skills basically. (actually the auto typing of /duel and /dice might be considered macro auto by the GM so not sure, however that oddly leaves your chat bar open after it types it with a / and I tried many ways to fix that)

You could even make a set where your g7 is combo, and the g8-12 are your various debuffs if you wanted, and that still be legal because it's like having 3 different key mapping options instead of just 2.
purple keys? use pink

Valdoroth
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
purple keys? use pinknot gonna lie. I thought it was a darker blue LOL. On my keyboard itself it looks blue.

KonaKona
12-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I would have never thought using macros with some fancy keyboard is considered 'botting'. I still have that notion that botting is a program that overrides integral Cabal software (or Gameguard) or some program that modifies it. Basically, this means that you can't use anything but a normal keyboard? How about a game pad like a Nostromo? How about those MMO mice? I have the same keyboard as Val, but never even got around to messing around with the advanced features (which is a good thing, it turns out). I've known Val for a LONG time so this is a shock for me. All that work for a char that has been around since the very beginning all for nothing.

Berserk_Fury
12-25-2012, 04:52 AM
I would have never thought using macros with some fancy keyboard is considered 'botting'. I still have that notion that botting is a program that overrides integral Cabal software (or Gameguard) or some program that modifies it. Basically, this means that you can't use anything but a normal keyboard? How about a game pad like a Nostromo? How about those MMO mice? I have the same keyboard as Val, but never even got around to messing around with the advanced features (which is a good thing, it turns out). I've known Val for a LONG time so this is a shock for me. All that work for a char that has been around since the very beginning all for nothing.

You can use gaming keyboards and mice all you want, you can even use the macro keys to map normally used keys. What you can't do is set up sequential macros which will time and use several skills for you.

Valdoroth
12-26-2012, 07:31 PM

You can use gaming keyboards and mice all you want, you can even use the macro keys to map normally used keys. What you can't do is set up sequential macros which will time and use several skills for you.
And to be honest, it's because it give you an unfair advantage because you wouldn't need to be present to farm those items that not enough people farm on a normal basis for the sake of having materials and items inthe market.
Honestly my trial (and demise) of that auto was to farm mats and mats to make dungeons, or the dungeons themselves.

Currently what flows the crafting material markets is almost all people that are grinding to level. We complain how version like Korea have so much more epic gears and such. Yes they have more players which is a big factor, but most of them are not too impatient to farm for some of their own mats. Yes it takes more time, but it saves alz. Most our alz honestly comes in externally now. When they reduced the NPC value of items that gap of alz source grew by quite a large margin as well (I could npc all the drops in almost any dungoeon to pay back for the entry itself). Why they made that significant change, I have no idea. It might have a future reason that we don't see yet because we don't have any future updates yet.

[Tip]
If you really are a big time alz save, just farm most of your mats (I find that breaking like 90% of my drops brings in cores and ucp/fcp fairly quickly). Just a few days ago I farmed 1 wRS with a friend and broke all the gears and we got 5 stacks of bluestin mats and almost a stack of fcp and ucp ea which I can use later for my crafting. I've done the same thing now with tit and stit cores and have enough to last me probably until 3k crafting. All in a matter of about 16 hours of play time in the last week since I created my new FB.

[Tip]
To go on a little bit more of a tangent, you don't HAVE to HAVE the highest + or next grade up of gears to run stuff well. If you want to save up alz for a much larger investment, stick with what you have (since you already know you can run dungeons with it) and don't always be in a super rush to get things done the fastest. I found out when I was running my guild a few months ago that we enjoyed doing the dungeons in a more casual pace. Not rushing to get it done. We had time to ask questions or answer them. We had a great time still and that's the point of playing a game. So to really make alz, just sell as much as you can from your dungeons and don't worry about saving those cores to upgrade your gears right now (save up alz and just buy a better one, seriously it's easier), just sell them. Cores are one of the fastest selling items in the market. Use that to your advantage. Even a lvl 100 can easily make 5m+ an hour or more from simply selling stuff from those simple LiD and RS runs (and if you're not a crafter, sell those mats from breaking stuff!)

Don't try to skip steps and let it do it for you :)

@ Kona about botting vs macro, yes I thought that too (and still do). It's not that I was using an illegal 3rd party program that got me banned (even though that is the reason listed). It was how I used it as Berserk metioned/notioned at. ( And actually having gears strong enough to let you do that even in PI, yea I tested it there too, actually isn't that easy and takes actual gametime to make). Hey I learned my lesson pretty hard and want to make sure no one else follows those footsteps.

Corvettezr1
12-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Well said Gm Lorkan. I accepted my consequences like any other person should.

I posted this thread to explain how I used my keyboard improperly and how you too can avoid it.

As I mentioned before, "Life ain't fair, so why should video games be?"

I don't need great gears to remain being a good player (not talking about skill, I'm noob). I love helping ppl out and sure I won't quit just because I don't have Valdoroth anymore. Yes, I was stupid. Yes I got my proper punishment. Simple as that.

Just restart, build sht up again, ur good dawg dw

Sea
12-26-2012, 10:24 PM
pisses me off so much watching ely`s crystal go away just like that x.x dude i would kill for that crystal >.>

Corvettezr1
12-26-2012, 11:31 PM
pisses me off so much watching ely`s crystal go away just like that x.x dude i would kill for that crystal >.>

yea no shiz, rip that xtal

Valdoroth
12-27-2012, 11:06 AM
yea no shiz, rip that xtalYea, and I had recently +15...and I spent the alz on the sghh for no reason when it didn't fail once from +11.....but at least I +15 my gf's orb :D

Sea
12-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Yea, and I had recently +15...and I spent the alz on the sghh for no reason when it didn't fail once from +11.....but at least I +15 my gf's orb :D

u should had sold me the xtal when u had the chance x.x u know i would have pay good >.>

Valdoroth
12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
u should had sold me the xtal when u had the chance x.x u know i would have pay good >.>
Eh, I liked it too much. It was almost a 40% dmg equivalent. Hard to give that up. :)

ankoun2232
12-28-2012, 05:56 PM
I just got banned for the same thing I think =(((

i have a microsoft sidewinder x4 =/ warning to all those who use keyboards for games =/

GodOfWar
12-29-2012, 01:04 AM
So what your saying is since he spent time in the community his ban should be less then a a typical person that farms while afk seems legit
I love how you defend him cause he is active but we all know if it was me or Loki or chingu or anyone else you would be saying the same thing as me
Plain and simple he found a different way to bot that's all there is too it
Free gear nah ill pass that would take all the fun out if the game

i do feel bad for val . losing his account after such a long time of playing cabal does hurt. and even tho i dont like howdy, i have to agree with what he says . if sides were switched and anybody else was in valdoroths place you would all be saying the same thing as howdy. i understand u all got love for valdoroth, which i never had since he always trolled and bullied me with everyone else BUT he deserved what he got . i think he clearly knew what he was doing and thats why GMs made that decision, to permanently ban his account and to set an example for other 3rd party program users/hackers/botters/alz buyers. and to blame GMs for this and that is stupid and childish. they are humans just like us but you guys act as if they are some kind of cabal gods. please get real ,dont be butt hurt because he programmed his keyboard to do the work for him while beeing afk. and making a thread about this wont get his account back , no matter how hard you try it is gone. just live with it and move on dude thats all i got to
say for that part.

zzeke
12-29-2012, 01:06 AM
^that was probably the hardest thing i have ever read just a tip dont hit enter in the middle of a sentence it makes u look retarded

GodOfWar
12-29-2012, 01:10 AM
^that was probably the hardest thing i have ever read just a tip dont hit enter in the middle of a sentence it makes u look retarded i fixed it lol u happy now ? less eye pain ? i didnt know it would do that if i pressed enter .i was pressing enter after each line so my sentences wouldnt be stuck together. i was trying to make it clearer so ppl can read it with ease, guess i failed huh

xFaLL3NxAng3L
12-29-2012, 02:13 AM
i do feel bad for val . losing his account after such a long time of playing cabal does hurt. and even tho i dont like howdy, i have to agree with what he says . if sides were switched and anybody else was in valdoroths place you would all be saying the same thing as howdy. i understand u all got love for valdoroth, which i never had since he always trolled and bullied me with everyone else BUT he deserved what he got . i think he clearly knew what he was doing and thats why GMs made that decision, to permanently ban his account and to set an example for other 3rd party program users/hackers/botters/alz buyers. and to blame GMs for this and that is stupid and childish. they are humans just like us but you guys act as if they are some kind of cabal gods. please get real ,dont be butt hurt because he programmed his keyboard to do the work for him while beeing afk. and making a thread about this wont get his account back , no matter how hard you try it is gone. just live with it and move on dude thats all i got to
say for that part.
http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/These+are+physically+painful+to+read.+But+still+so +damn+_950831770107c41e9422044fcd1e67a0.gif

Valdoroth
12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
say for that part.
I don't feel bad for myself.

Also @ the "trolling or bullying you", you actually started it. I was perfectly fine with you until you called me out as a lesser player about 4-5 months ago. Which I clearly proved otherwise. You coulda been much better player if you hadn't gloated the same way you did and been WAAAAY less trolled. You weren't a bad dude the first couple years I knew you bcs you didn't gloat/ show off.
And I did't "program" anything. I just simply set a pattern of skills that is the built in macro system for the keyboard to loop. I've already agreed with the GM's actions on this.

As a side note: My new FB already 106 fully skill trained and completely noob :D. But I'll show ppl it doesn't require +15 gears to be decent at this game. And Definately not money spent.

Lute
12-29-2012, 11:50 AM
I think the biggest fail in this thread is that you got banned and didn't quit this piece of crap game. (Or decent game run by a crap company I suppose)

I have my Razer blackwidow set up with a pro macro. macro keys 1-5 = numpad 1-5. Lets me have 5 more skills for quick access in games.

I have to assume that you got caught clearly using your macro to "bot" effectively rather than just using a "macro" itself. While both might not be allowed...more people than you'd think do the second. And if people who seem to blatantly use looting macros at saints and arcane trance boss don't even get investigated even though it's not "allowed" you know something is wrong. The problem is proving that it's being used and you just made it obvious by using it to "bot".

Again though, banned and still back to playing, tsk tsk. Biggest thing I never understood about people in this game.

Scarface
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I was perfectly fine with you until you called me out as a lesser player about 4-5 months ago. Which I clearly proved otherwise by botting for my gear.

Fixed.

Valdoroth
12-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Fixed.
I didn't bot for a single item. I did for a few dungeon entries though, but those were all AFTER I had my gears. And those dungeons didn't give me drops. Anyone that's dungeoned with me a bit knows I have almost 0 drop luck. Time and crafting was my income factors to be able to purchase my gears. I also bought a bunch in merc for cheaper and save a few billion.

I think the biggest fail in this thread is that you got banned and didn't quit this piece of crap game. (Or decent game run by a crap company I suppose)

I have my Razer blackwidow set up with a pro macro. macro keys 1-5 = numpad 1-5. Lets me have 5 more skills for quick access in games.

I have to assume that you got caught clearly using your macro to "bot" effectively rather than just using a "macro" itself. While both might not be allowed...more people than you'd think do the second. And if people who seem to blatantly use looting macros at saints and arcane trance boss don't even get investigated even though it's not "allowed" you know something is wrong. The problem is proving that it's being used and you just made it obvious by using it to "bot".

Again though, banned and still back to playing, tsk tsk. Biggest thing I never understood about people in this game.
I suppose so. I play bcs my gf still plays and it's kinda lame to her if I quit on her ya know.

Sea
12-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I didn't bot for a single item. I did for a few dungeon entries though, but those were all AFTER I had my gears. And those dungeons didn't give me drops. Anyone that's dungeoned with me a bit knows I have almost 0 drop luck. Time and crafting was my income factors to be able to purchase my gears. I also bought a bunch in merc for cheaper and save a few billion.

I suppose so. I play bcs my gf still plays and it's kinda lame to her if I quit on her ya know.

lol u sound like fiery with the difference that ely aint a gold digger compared to jovi =p

CandiCoatted
01-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Noooooo!

Shmoo
01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
------> you've been here long enough to know better, and thats the point EstSoft made by banning you I'm sure. You know you shouldn't do it. You know any 3rd party progs are not to be used even if they "appearently" are software for your keyboard. The whole point is you know better by now and yet you still when out and did it.

End of story and too bad for your lost but... it is what it is.

Faowin
01-01-2013, 05:48 PM
LOL'ed at how this thread went to a huge argument when Val was just trying to warn others. Shmoo is right, the reason that Val got banned was because to show just because he helped the community as much as he did, that doesn't make him above the rules.

Valdoroth
01-01-2013, 10:44 PM
lol u sound like fiery with the difference that ely aint a gold digger compared to jovi =p lol, ely's not my gf. She is just a really close friend.

Noooooo!It's k. I'm already lvl 142 and about to have my bm3 :D

------> you've been here long enough to know better, and thats the point EstSoft made by banning you I'm sure. You know you shouldn't do it. You know any 3rd party progs are not to be used even if they "appearently" are software for your keyboard. The whole point is you know better by now and yet you still when out and did it.

End of story and too bad for your lost but... it is what it is. Yup :)

LOL'ed at how this thread went to a huge argument when Val was just trying to warn others. Shmoo is right, the reason that Val got banned was because to show just because he helped the community as much as he did, that doesn't make him above the rules.

Ty faowin. My point was to let ppl know more clearly.

Sea
01-01-2013, 11:56 PM
lol, ely's not my gf. She is just a really close friend.

oh dang sorry then but yea whoever it is at least i doubt is a gold digger like melenathesage lol

CandiCoatted
01-02-2013, 07:22 AM
oh dang sorry then but yea whoever it is at least i doubt is a gold digger like melenathesage lol

Didn't you use to call her mom?! So disrespectful!

Sea
01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Didn't you use to call her mom?! So disrespectful!

i always called her that cuz of the thing they had but it doesnt hide the fact that she is a gold digger.

CandiCoatted
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
i always called her that cuz of the thing they had but it doesnt hide the fact that she is a gold digger.

Lmao, sage never was a gold digger.. Your mistaken.