PDA

View Full Version : Calculator to Compare Critical Rate VS. Damage !

forumtwizzler
01-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Some time ago I was wondering what it would be like to increase my critical rate by sacking some damage. I currently have a rate of 62 and have been thinking of lifting this rate to 67 by sacking some base attack. There is no obvious answer because critical damage is about luck. But the frequency of critical damage makes a difference in your PvE, war and PvP. I wrote a small Calculator to help determine what critical rate is best for you.

For example you want to evaluate what is best for you in PvP mode

Step 1 : Go to CabalC.com and plug in your character stats in PvP mode for your class

Step 2 : A wise thing to do perhaps, is keep the defense at 1350 and subtract 15 from your current rate. For example my critical rate is 62 , I subtract 15 from it vs. an honor 20 character

Step 3 : Plug in the base damage and critical damage in the calculator I provided [download link below]

Plug the Orange Text as Base Damage and Blue text as Critical Damage

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/chistiya/CabalCSS_zps3f2bd3a0.png

Step 4 : Repeat step 3 and plug it in the second panel say with 20 more attack and 5 less critical rate. Note Damage and Attack are not the same thing so please check the results from CabalC before plugging them in.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/chistiya/CabalCSS2_zps796c3df9.png

Step 5 : # of events goes through number of times you attacked an opponent

Step 6 : Click Calculate

Download link : http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/382677/CabalDmgCalc-zip.html

[sorry about the crappy website where you have to wait over 15 seconds before you can download the zip file, unzip the executable file and use it, the calculator has a link to cabalc.com at the bottom panel ]

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/chistiya/dlnow_zps9abc08a5.png

I will improve on this later on, this is just Version 1 and making good use of my lunch break at work, perhaps replicate CabalC with Ep10 Damage once the notes are finalized

Berserk_Fury
01-03-2013, 09:05 AM
You do realize that's what the "average" tab on cabalc is for right?

forumtwizzler
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Have you ever wondered why your critical rate is around 45 and you crit less than 40% ?
And why ... if you have a critical rate around 65 and you crit over 75% of the time ?

http://math.about.com/od/statistics/a/MeanMedian.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/Standard_deviation_diagram.svg/400px-Standard_deviation_diagram.svg.png

Unless you want to click CabalC over 1000 times for each scenario to determine your result. The calculator is in version 1 and the numbers are more realistic and accurate compared to what you see in the Average column.

One thing you can do is take 5 readings for each scenario, each time say 1000 events ... average it out. By then you have found an average after examining 1000 x 5 x 2 = 10,000 readings with 5 clicks . Hope this helps :)

Valdoroth
01-03-2013, 09:49 AM
I did 100 arrows with 50% rate and 55 rate, and 50% rate vs 5% rate res. Total of 300 attacks.
I got like 47%, 53% and 49% ish number of crits respectively.

And 1000*5*2 = 10,000 not 100,000

Also with you being extremely high amp base vs cd base, I wouldn't sacrifice your good base atk for rate with your CD only in the 150s

Lulu
01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I think you should spend less time calculating stuff and try to be friends with XI, Darrkd or Nuve... It'll make you a better player.

Sprite
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
im his friend already

whitetrash
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I think you should spend less time calculating stuff and try to be friends with XI, Darrkd or Nuve... It'll make you a better player.

Havnt seen d in ages QQ

forumtwizzler
01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I did 100 arrows with 50% rate and 55 rate, and 50% rate vs 5% rate res. Total of 300 attacks.
I got like 47%, 53% and 49% ish number of crits respectively.

And 1000*5*2 = 10,000 not 100,000

I was in bit of a rush earlier , it was a typo. Anyway ... the # of crits and your enthusiasm to go through 100 arrows with your gear is great. But it doesn't really help determine times what may be best for you with an altered gear ... I have an option right now : I can hit a 68% rate and my current stats are 62% rate with a crit damage of around 180% cd. In return I will be sacking a bos8 and give up the use of a crafted forcium crystal sacking roughly 50 m attack and 2 amp

what's better ... a 6% rate or 50 m and 2 amp at which equates to 12 amp. Your average damage will vary from class to class depending on the attacks you use and your battle mode. moreover you can test on gears which you do not have to see what is best for you. the calculator is simply a tool, i found it useful - so i am sharing it with everyone and ofcourse ^^ nobody is forced to use it.

I went vs Nuve (Cloud) and BurningRaven about a couple of months ago. At the moment I sold a lot of gears and trying to get some new ones. The results vs Nuve on last 6 pvps were 2 L 1 W 1 L 2 W and vs. BurningRaven roughly half and half. I want to have a video vs Cloud, similar to vs Distro as I will be hitting hnr 18 in 3 weeks or so and perhaps re-gearing myself :) Of course, I will be asking them before I start to frap.

forumtwizzler
01-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Anyway taking another short break at work.

Ran some tests on my own with the calculator I wrote,

Base Damage : 544 Critical Damage : 1377 @ 62 rate - 15 rate resist = 47
Base Damage : 487 Critical Damage : 1340 @ 67 rate - 15 rate resist = 52
1000 events per reading x 5 = 5000 events

I put my opponent's defense at 1350

938 947 951 934 919 Total 4689
936 968 933 943 956 Total 4736

W L W L L
L W L W W

It seems although the base damage difference is 544 - 487 = 57 and critical damage difference is 1377 - 1340 = 37
For build 1 I plugged in an expensive build and build 2 a much cheaper build. It's surprising to find Build 2 is slightly ahead!

For Build 1 I used 2xBos8, a 6 slot damage pet and 1 slot Fc crafted Crystal +15 (i.e. 1x40/7 topaz 1xfc cry +15, 40/7 sig helm)
For Build 2 I used 2 prideus bracelet , 3 mcr 3 dmg pet and a 40/7 topaz (i.e. 2x 40/7 topaz and 40/7 sig helmet)

In both cases I used 3 mcr in glove and suit. Anyway back to work :)

Lulu
01-03-2013, 01:45 PM
"What are you a computer?" - DarrkD

GodOfWar
01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
"What are you a computer?" - DarrkD
why such a lame question? is it too hard for your little brain to comprehend that kind of knowledge?
and btw the rate in cabal is based on pure luck unless its pushed to the extremes . so if u have lower then a certain amount of rate, you wont crit much but on the other hand, if u have over the secret amount u are most likely to crit regardless of the honor rank . so your calulations are wrong. and having more amp increase the chances of doing critical strikes. amp amplifies the dmg and penetrates the defenses which allows you to crit. and crit dmg multiplies that amplified dmg to reach higher heights :D
simple as that folks
to compare rate vs dmg is like saying : can i order a cheeseburger without cheese?

x_x wait did i contradict myself in this post? hmmmm
i may be stupid but i am the smartest stupid person :D

Lulu
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
why such a lame question? is it too hard for your little brain to comprehend that kind of knowledge?
and btw the rate in cabal is based on pure luck unless its pushed to the extremes . so if u have lower then a certain amount of rate, you wont crit much but on the other hand, if u have over the secret amount u are most likely to crit regardless of the honor rank . so your calulations are wrong. and having more amp increase the chances of doing critical strikes. amp amplifies the dmg and penetrates the defenses which allows you to crit. and crit dmg multiplies that amplified dmg to reach higher heights :D
simple as that folks
to compare rate vs dmg is like saying : can i order a cheeseburger without cheese?

x_x wait did i contradict myself in this post? hmmmm
You don't get the inside joke. lol

GodOfWar
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
You don't get the inside joke. lol
yea i know kuz darkkd is supposed to be a nerd.i get it

Valdoroth
01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Ok, well I'll give it a whirl testing my older banned stats to my future projected ones. :)

Also, this whole calculator is going to need an overhaul next update.

forumtwizzler
01-04-2013, 06:18 AM
:) waiting for the next update with all the formula changes and all. Made this one in around like 10 minutes at most...

NewEra
01-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Dude it's just a game no need to go overboard on a game man, you need to relax and have fun and not try to be president Obama in cabal...raising your rate to 70 a big LOL it's like your a power hungry FA, in the end all you got is your credit card and no friends.

forumtwizzler
01-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Dude it's just a game no need to go overboard on a game man, you need to relax and have fun and not try to be president Obama in cabal...raising your rate to 70 a big LOL it's like your a power hungry FA, in the end all you got is your credit card and no friends.

Raising your blood pressure, raging on Obama, you caring about your e-friends like they are family to you, your toy robots , your love for Cabal players with a stronger e-p.e.n.i.s than you is irrelevant to me.

NEW ERA IS GARBAGE, DANCE DANCE , TEA BAGGERS WANT TO ARM TEACHERS AND KIDS WITH GRENADES, NUMA NUMA.

It's a forum after all, just like you I can type w/e I want. Here are the key words, are you ready ? (I labelled it in red font so you can read it)

The forum post isn't about my gears. It's about a utility tool which saves shooting 1000 lances at your friend, switching gears, hours of grinding and then go "damn, I wish I did something that's different".

As for my character I will build my character as I want to. I want my critical rate to be 100%, critical damage to be 300%, amp to be 100%, and attack to be 2000. It's my damn business ... get it ?

SouthWind
01-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Q ricooo

forumtwizzler
01-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Q ricooo

Q ricoooo !!! Long time no see ! Where are you these days ?

EvilAi
01-04-2013, 01:39 PM
what is this, 2008?
seem like someone just did some time travelling.

GodOfWar
01-04-2013, 01:39 PM
money>friends anyday

GodOfWar
01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
what is this, 2008?
seem like someone just did some time travelling.

oh no not this noob again . didnt u quit cabal why u still here? u need to do some time travelling and dissapear

EvilAi
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
oh no not this noob again . didnt u quit cabal why u still here? u need to do some time travelling and dissapear
who r u? another nobody?
plz dont act like u know me, cuz either idk u or i blocked u, end of story :D

and plz, learn to "edit" istead of double posting. Wait, do u even speak English?

xFaLL3NxAng3L
01-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Sigh . . . some things never change i guess. . .
Being a calculator is fine . . . .
Being a nerd is fine also. . . .
A nub calling another person a noob when they clearly have no room to be talking isn't fine . . . .
I know we all have people that we like or dislike for w/e ever reason but come on now . . . .
If u planning on insulting someone at least use proper grammar and use complete sentences . . . .

I don't have to tell you guys who this is directed too . . .

GodOfWar
01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
A nub calling another person a noob when they clearly have no room to be talking isn't fine . . . .
I know we all have people that we like or dislike for w/e ever reason but come on now . . . .
If u planning on insulting someone at least use proper grammar and use complete sentences . . . .

god made man for woman and woman for man . nuff said .

xFaLL3NxAng3L
01-04-2013, 02:15 PM
god made man for woman and woman for man . nuff said .
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21583382.jpg

GodOfWar
01-04-2013, 02:25 PM
chingu fails forever

GodOfWar
01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
chingu you are lucky your post is still there. what double standards sheesh
i remeber gm lorkan banning people in bi when they tried to play word games trying to say bad words.i got warned about this .

oPlz
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM

what ?! you are not a nub ???

NewEra
01-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Raising your blood pressure, raging on Obama, you caring about your e-friends like they are family to you, your toy robots , your love for Cabal players with a stronger e-p.e.n.i.s than you is irrelevant to me.

NEW ERA IS GARBAGE, DANCE DANCE , TEA BAGGERS WANT TO ARM TEACHERS AND KIDS WITH GRENADES, NUMA NUMA.

It's a forum after all, just like you I can type w/e I want. Here are the key words, are you ready ? (I labelled it in red font so you can read it)

The forum post isn't about my gears. It's about a utility tool which saves shooting 1000 lances at your friend, switching gears, hours of grinding and then go "damn, I wish I did something that's different".

As for my character I will build my character as I want to. I want my critical rate to be 100%, critical damage to be 300%, amp to be 100%, and attack to be 2000. It's my damn business ... get it ?
no wonder you're still weird and still a virgin

forumtwizzler
01-04-2013, 09:43 PM

no wonder you're still weird and still a virgin

... another mindless raging robot who just learnt how to copy paste random lines from the internet.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/242523154/emergency_facepalm_by_kingk22art-d40e42a.jpg

xFaLL3NxAng3L
01-04-2013, 09:57 PM
what ?! you are not a nub ???
my point proven . . .

Sandulf
01-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Hey Kinematic i was wondering if u could clear something for me...
whats better:
~3 fa lances/cannons or 1 fs ss/sg

taking in consideration cr and cd...like whats better more fast attacks that hit avg dmg or 1 big attack that's slow but hits hard (if it crits)?
Uk what i mean dawg?