PDA

View Full Version : CABAL Game Developer Notes - Balance I

[GM] Lorkan
01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
**The content of this interview and information disclosed by the Game Developer is subject to change. **

Interview with CABAL Game Developer – Balance

Date: July-04-2012

CABAL GM:
About 4 weeks ago, we shared some ideas on “Future CABAL contents.” It has been a month now and CABAL Game Developer called upon me again!

I hope this time I could quench the thirst for answers for our CABAL fans.

CABAL Game Developer:
Yes. It’s been a month since we disclosed some of the outlines on the future CABAL contents. As I mentioned previously, I can tell you that the renewals on skills will be the biggest of all time. And because of it, we are planning, editing, and disposing ideas over and over again.

We feel sorry for the developers but most of all we apologize to our CABAL fans who are waiting for the update. We are going to let you know the current progress hoping to resolve your curiosity.

There are some aspects that could mislead our fans due to its sensitivity. I want to stress that any part of this discussion today could be edited or deleted at any point as the project progresses.

CABAL GM:
So it is important to remember that the contents that we are disclosing today may be edited or deleted as it processes.

Don’t be complaining why it changed in the future!

We will appreciate your feedback after today’s disclosure of the contents. Then, CABAL Game Developer will refer to your feedback. Of course, we need to make sure everything goes in line with one another.

Now, let’s have a look what will change.

[BALANCE]

CABAL Game Developer:
First of all, all weapons and armors will be redesigned with range of minimum and maximum ATTACK and DEFENSE values.

CABAL GM:
Hmm, it may sound difficult. In plain words, minimum and maximum ATTACK and DEFENSE values are determined for each class of weapons and armors. For example, Titanium Great Sword will have50~150 ATTACK, right?

CABAL Game Developer:
Yes, correct. Evasion rate is calculated as %.

For example, it is 35% when the Evasion is 350 and it is 45% when the Evasion is 500.
Since the hit/miss judgment is decided by the Evasion rate of the defender, if the evasion rate is 35% then the attacker has65%chance of attacking successfully. Intuition skill and Evasion Potion will be redesigned followed by the changes in Evasion.

DEFENSE does not reduce damage by its value but by %, just like Evasion.
(ex. If DEFENSE is 1000, 35% of the damage is reduced).

Attack Rate and Defense Rate affect the ATTACK. If the Attack Rate is high and maximum Defense Rate is high, minimum ATTACK is applied. If certain level of defender’s Defense Rate is higher than the Attack Rate of attacker, then something called “BLOCK” is applied apart from “MISS” and damage becomes 0.

http://i.imgur.com/Kdyn4.png
When aforementioned content is updated, will Wizard block all attacks from Force Shielder’s if Wizard’s defense rate is higher than Force Shielder’s attack rate in this screenshot?

There will be two new options added: Bulls-eye and pierce.

Bulls-eye reduces the opponent’s evasion rate to increase chance of successful attack.
Pierce reduces the opponent’s defense for more damage.

These options are only available through items or skills momentarily.
There are many options already in development or in consideration other than those two and there will be changes to item options upgrading system accordingly.

http://i.imgur.com/JjLku.png
The effectiveness of critical attack will be affected by this update so we are considering additional features to be added to critical rate.
(ex. When a character strikes critical attack, cool-down time of relevant skill to reset)

http://i.imgur.com/C8XnT.png
Intuition will be redesigned as a complete evasion skill, meaning the character will be invincible ignoring knock-back, stun, down and even damage, with less cool-down time and buff skill time. It may consume SP or other resources.

CABAL GM:
New concepts of defense are on their way! It might sound confusing but I’m excited to see the new birth of defense in attack based CABAL.

What about “Battle Stance” we talked about before?

CABAL Game Developer:
“Battle Stance” will be implemented a little differently by battle style.

For instance, Lightening Blade, Ice Blade and Fire Blade will not stack on one another any longer for Force Bladers. We are considering each skill to have different buff/de-buff features with similar overall effectiveness.
Also, fundamentals such as formulas for damage and attack hit or miss will be redesigned and therefore, dungeons and field monsters rebalancing will take place accordingly.

Basic concepts of STR, DEX and INT will be modified and trashing minimum STAT requirement for items and Battle Style Level up is also being considered.
http://i.imgur.com/U6OIe.png
(Putting all ability points into one section means lacking in rests, therefore, users will need to invest thoughtfully.)

http://i.imgur.com/pfBmM.png
In addition, but not yet confirmed, we are currently in discussion on making new animations for some skills that take long time casting to give it a speedy .

Aggro-logic will be newly changed.

Force Shielders will be more specialized in shielding, bringing a fresh taste in Party plays with new Aggro-logic.

As balancing work between characters wraps up, each Mission Dungeons will have different difficulty levels followed with different rewards, depending on which level and the number of party members.

CABAL GM:
Ok. It seems like lots of changes are in progress.

Of course, as I mentioned earlier, things are adjustable, so it would be appreciated and easy for fans as well, if fans could just get the basic idea of what is going on.

CABAL Online has more adult fans, and one of the reasons is that CABAL Online is simple and easy to play comparing to others.However, the risk side is that ‘easy’ could mean ‘boring.’

It seems like not only attacks but also on defense are balancing out as well. It excites me just thinking about it. You will get back to GM when you guys set the final direction, right? ^^

CABAL Game Developer:
More than what we listed above is in renewal. We will do our best to bring out the best outcome in the shortest time so all fans can experience and hit us back with feedbacks.

CABAL GM:
Ok, thank you!

We hope CABAL fans got some answers for their questions. Rather than details, I believe we showed the big outline of where we are heading.

forumtwizzler
01-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Way to go GM Lorkan ... show GM Viral (EU) you can pwn him 1v1 ^^
Keep up the good work!

[GM] Kato
01-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Way to go GM Lorkan ... show GM Viral (EU) you can pwn him 1v1 ^^

I'd pay to watch this go down.

[GM] Lorkan
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Kato;369348']I'd pay to watch this go down.

THIS MEANS WAR! Your desk is no longer safe! Prepare to be bombarded with trash and citrus-y gas! Your dolls shall fear my Scorched Earth Tactics!

And no. I don't want to mess with GM Viral. He Hulks out when he's tired.

NiteFalcon
01-03-2013, 04:59 PM
how long till rising force? if u guys dun know yet just say so its kewl brots

Hash
01-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Lorkan;369350']THIS MEANS WAR! Your desk is no longer safe! Prepare to be bombarded with trash and citrus-y gas! Your dolls shall fear my Scorched Earth Tactics!

wow, lorks backed down from a fight.

[GM] Lorkan
01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
how long till rising force? if u guys dun know yet just say so its kewl brots

SOON.

I know the estimated date, but we never want to put out something unless we are truly sure.

What!? Nothing to fight about. CABAL EU is his playing field and CABAL NA is mine.

Besides, I'm not that great in CABAL. By not great, I mean I can't dash combo.

Valdoroth
01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Lorkan;369350']THIS MEANS WAR! Your desk is no longer safe! Prepare to be bombarded with trash and citrus-y gas! Your dolls shall fear my Scorched Earth Tactics!

Idk man... would you fight hulk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uaPZdhxnek

Hash
01-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Lorkan;369359']

[COLOR="#3366FF"]What!? Nothing to fight about. CABAL EU is his playing field and CABAL NA is mine.

Besides, I'm not that great in CABAL. By not great, I mean I can't dash combo.

oh dang you can't dash combo?! I'm from Australia and even I can do that! is it too late to swap teams? :3 and ummm... If I give you one of my special brownies will you pweeeeeaaassseeee release the eta of the update? :D

Berserk_Fury
01-04-2013, 05:10 AM
Lorkan;369359']SOON.

I know the estimated date, but we never want to put out something unless we are truly sure.

Can we get an estimated month then?

Sea
01-04-2013, 10:55 AM
i kinda dont like this idea "We are considering each skill to have different buff/de-buff features with similar overall effectiveness." does this means we wont be able to use debuffs 100% freely like now?... x.x

Peaches
01-04-2013, 12:02 PM
i kinda dont like this idea "We are considering each skill to have different buff/de-buff features with similar overall effectiveness." does this means we wont be able to use debuffs 100% freely like now?... x.x

Not quite sure how you got that from the quote o.o

I am pretty sure that refers to, instead of making Lightning best, Ice 2nd best, and Fire 3rd best, they're all just gonna be made "equal" with different effects, that are all pretty evenly good.

And from what we've already seen in the patch notes that would confirm it:

All three blade buffs give 20 rate

Lightning gives +500 Hit (Accuracy)
Ice gives +100 damage reduction (Defensive)
Fire gives +50 Pierce (Offensive)

Berserk_Fury
01-04-2013, 12:45 PM

I am pretty sure that refers to, instead of making Lightning best, Ice 2nd best, and Fire 3rd best, they're all just gonna be made "equal" with different effects, that are all pretty evenly good.

Sounds like lightning will be the way to go for bm, fire for everything else. Ice will probably only be useful possibly in eod3, and for new players lvling.

Peaches
01-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Sounds like lightning will be the way to go for bm, fire for everything else. Ice will probably only be useful possibly in eod3, and for new players lvling.

Between Lightning and Fire, I don't think we can know which is better for sure until we have the update; not sure how big of an influence Block will really be.

GodOfWar
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Between Lightning and Fire, I don't think we can know which is better for sure until we have the update; not sure how big of an influence Block will really be.
a bigger influence than u can actually imagine ... u havent played cabal ep 10 yet? i have and trust me its a pain but a challenge! you will have to remaster everything u learned from day 1

Sea
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM

oh dang lol nono i know about the buffs stats,i was using my phone when i read this so i misread and automatically thought of depending which blade we have is the debuffs we are gonna be able to cast so i thought wth... lol

Viral.EU
01-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Lorkan;369350']And no. I don't want to mess with GM Viral. He Hulks out when he's tired.

It's not that bad. I just get annoyed at forum stupidity sometimes ;-) You know the type 'oh I never did anything wrong, and now the evil GMs banned me for no reason! Give me sympathy!' when the account has multiple flags and reports on it.

Lorkan;369359']SOON.

Soon is a good word, the EU community loves it. I enjoy seeing it in use elsewhere :-) Besides, you're spoiling them, you included the images from the dev interview, which I didn't when I posted it. Now I'll have to do the same on the next one.

What!? Nothing to fight about. CABAL EU is his playing field and CABAL NA is mine.

True. Maybe we can trade places for a day? It should be entertaining.

PS. Yes, this is [GM]Viral from the EU service. Some of our players love to lurk on this forum, and they linked me to this thread. I thought it would be fun to come reply personally.

whitetrash
01-07-2013, 08:03 AM
It's not that bad. I just get annoyed at forum stupidity sometimes ;-) You know the type 'oh I never did anything wrong, and now the evil GMs banned me for no reason! Give me sympathy!' when the account has multiple flags and reports on it

Soon is a good word, the EU community loves it. I enjoy seeing it in use elsewhere :-) Besides, you're spoiling them, you included the images from the dev interview, which I didn't when I posted it. Now I'll have to do the same on the next one.

PS. Yes, this is [GM]Viral from the EU service. Some of our players love to lurk on this forum, and they linked me to this thread. I thought it would be fun to come reply personally.

Welcome :)
Make sure you treat our retards the same as you treat yours :)
Enjoy your stay :)

EmmersonLazaro
01-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Welcome :)
Make sure you treat our retards the same as you treat yours :)
Enjoy your stay :)this

xFaLL3NxAng3L
01-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Lorkan;369350']THIS MEANS WAR! Your desk is no longer safe! Prepare to be bombarded with trash and citrus-y gas! Your [dolls] shall fear my Scorched Earth Tactics!

ఠ_ఠ master Kato plays with dolls . . . . . I blame snow for this >_>

[GM] Lorkan
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
It's not that bad. I just get annoyed at forum stupidity sometimes ;-) You know the type 'oh I never did anything wrong, and now the evil GMs banned me for no reason! Give me sympathy!' when the account has multiple flags and reports on it.

Welcome to CABAL NA!

Switch places you say? We can definitely do that, just don't expect me to come to work.

BTW, the Team really enjoyed the hulking out on that "My friend got blocked for crafting" thread. It's full of awesome.

whitetrash
01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Lorkan;369990']Welcome to CABAL NA!

Switch places you say? We can definitely do that, just don't expect me to come to work.

BTW, the Team really enjoyed the hulking out on that "My friend got blocked for crafting" thread. It's full of awesome.

Yea yes good stuff might have to go read it again :)

[GM] Kato
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
ఠ_ఠ master Kato plays with dolls . . . . . I blame snow for this >_>

I don't mind rumors about me spreading, but please not this one.

And hey Viral

whitetrash
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Kato;369997']I don't mind rumors about me spreading, but please not this one.

And hey Viral

I got some barbies my daughter is done with I can send you if you want them :)

Sea
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Kato;369997']I don't mind rumors about me spreading, but please not this one.

And hey Viral

so who are you ken or barbie? :rolleyes:

[GM] Kato
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I got some barbies my daughter is done with I can send you if you want them :)

so who are you ken or barbie? :rolleyes:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-k_F4zuBX0lQ/TmakMY9D2eI/AAAAAAABtyc/qB7rIhmHOt8/wtf_Im_out.gif

whitetrash
01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Kato;370001']https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-k_F4zuBX0lQ/TmakMY9D2eI/AAAAAAABtyc/qB7rIhmHOt8/wtf_Im_out.gif

It's ok buddy we still like you even though you got a strange fetish :)