PDA

View Full Version : It's been 3 years since last time I tried this game. Any major changes?

calintz333
05-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Last time I played Cabal was about 2-3 years ago. I can't really remember.

(Was unable to retrieve my character info from OG planet's database). - I was a level 76 or 78 Forceshielder - I think that's what it was called. Anyhow, I completely had regret my choice of class by level 40 and simply continued playing it because I didn't want to re start. I couldn't stand the extremely slow pace leveling of the class. I had only spent $20 once on the item mall in that game, and don't feel like I lost much especially because I had not played in about 3 years.

There was a lot of things I liked about Cabal back then and a hand full of things that I really didn't like. Rather than posting an entire story of my cabal experience I rather just bullet point the stuff that I liked and the stuff that I did not like, and you guys could tell me if this has improved, gotten worse, or become eliminated.

STUFF I REALLY LIKED-

- Classes, They felt unique for the most part each class had its own specialty and each class had awesome looks.

- Graphics, The graphics in this game are crap, but I still like them for some odd reason. It's the only game Iv ever let get away with crappy graphics yet I still play it.

- Animations, This is probably why I didn't mind the graphics so much. The animations in this game were some of the best I had ever seen in an mmo. Hell, I think not until Aion came out last year were there better Animations on any mmo.

- Chain combat system, The game was a pure grind but this kept me going longer than I would have with any other grind base mmo. It made every battle a bigger challenge, and more exciting put a little bit of skill into everything.

- Cash shop, I actually like how OG planet did their cash shop. The really good and fancy stuff was quite rare to come by, which ment you didn't see everyone and their grandmother running around with rare items equiped. It was a luxury when you saw some one equipped with really rare equipment, or the Astral board. Even more rare the Astral bike. I like this. A game where only a few people are that high end but the majority are at the same level of competitiveness. When companies make CS cheap and easy to get anything the game virtually becomes impossible to play for F2P players. I'm already paying over $1200 a month in bills, utilities, and services in real life. The last thing I need is to have to pay money to play a low tier mmo. The way I see it if I wanted to spend more than $10 a month id just play Aion, WoW, FFXI, LoTRO, D&D online, AoC, or any other P2P mmo.
So I like when companies make their cash shop a bit hard to get into, simply because it helps the Free 2 play players remain competitive because there are many of us around. Basically the game felt like you could really play it for free and compete for free. Without the need to purchase anything. Is this still the case?

- Music, I for the most part enjoyed the music, albeit after about 3 weeks of grinding in the same area it got quite stale and repetitive.

STUFF I DID NOT LIKE-

Community - Way to many kids, immature rude comments were the norm from my experience in game and a polite conversation was rare. I mostly kept to myself after a hand full of bad experiences trying to have conversations with people and never really got involved in a Clan / Guild. I hope this has improved or maybe that was just my personal experience and not a general experience of anyone else playing. I don't know, Perhaps I had bad luck. I did like the fact that there was thousands of players, but I think half of those were probably just bots.

Grind- Yes I quit because of the grind. Right around level 70 or so I had enough. The only reason I played for a few days more was because my premium had not ran out yet. Once it did I quit and never looked back. It could be because my class was simply extremely slow leveling, or maybe the fact I didn't meet any people and never did a dungeon which I herd you level faster with. No clue. Ether way the grind was quite bad and I'd like to know if this changed at all.

Bots, bots, bots - This game must have been the largest bot haven I have ever experienced in an mmo in my 12 years of mmorpg playing. Seriously it was unrealistic, I couldn't even get a simple request out on chat before the bot spam completely had it buried under its wall of text. Hopefully this has gotten a lot better.

Hacks! - Not much to say here, hackers everywhere the forums of OG planet were full of nothing but "I got hacked posts" I never personally got hacked but seeing so many people loose their accounts played a role in my decision to quit. It was simply depressing and I just couldn't feel like my work / account was safe so I decided to give up on it.

These are the things I liked and didn't like about old Cabal, If anything has changed for the better or worse depending on different opinions I would like to know. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this and post a reply. I'd just like to get all the information down before I decide to re-download and try the game. This is because chances are if I do try it again I will probably get another mid 70 character before I quit next time, which is about a 2 month commitment. I'd like to know if Its worth me getting into before I even do so or if its just going to be more of the same both with the plus and negatives.

Thanks

Berserk_Fury
05-23-2010, 10:41 AM
There are a lot less bots and less people getting hacked. Other than that it's pretty much the same outside of new end game content and some other changes which are unrelated to the things you mentioned.

carowe27
05-23-2010, 10:55 AM
well if you felt the grind got bad at 70 lol you should not come back.

no more bots no more hacks still same old game with class and graphics besides that. new dungeons new interface new gears. still annoying players and annoying kids.

BleedingSoul
05-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Don't come back. Cabal's glory days are long gone.

YoungForum
05-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Like:
Classes- All the same Classes and moves no changes
Graphics- No improvements same( thought cabal graphics were gud no where near as gud as aion but ok)
Animations- Same
Chain System Change.
Cash Shop- Havent paid attention sense EST took over pretty sure theres no super big changes though besides astro's are called ecoins now :)
Music- Same( btw if u get tired of cabal music you could add your own to jukebox or just use itunes.)
Community- Its a game. A online game with many people from many places your going to run into your kids an jerks but yull also run into your good people to same with any other game.
Grind-well you still have to lvl but its alot easier now. New Copy/training dungeons make 1-75/65(cant remember) then you just LiD/RS your way to 110 really quickly And then you party grind Ls till 125 Party grind MF till 140 and PF till 170 so ur long boring grind doesnt come till 110.
Bots-Gone
Hacks-Gone

Go ahead and come back and try theres nothing to lose really.

BleedingSoul
05-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Bots-Gone
Hacks-Gone

Nope

xStar
05-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Cabal hitting the shi.t hole soon. It's gunna be down soon I'm betting

BleedingSoul
05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Cabal hitting the shi.t hole soon. It's gunna be down soon I'm betting

I'll give it two months, then another message will tell everyone that Cabal will be shutting down in a week.

Prove me wrong EST.

BackUpMENG
05-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I'll give it two months, then another message will tell everyone that Cabal will be shutting down in a week.

Prove me wrong EST.

ur ugly so u need to use another ugly p0rn star's pic as ur own. prove me wrong.

BleedingSoul
05-23-2010, 02:57 PM
ur ugly so u need to use another ugly p0rn star's pic as ur own. prove me wrong.

I posted what I look like on Sniper. That's more than you. As far as i'm concerned, you're a doppelbanger.

Spur
05-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Community - Way to many kids, immature rude comments were the norm from my experience in game and a polite conversation was rare.

look at the posts u received and u can tell this has not changed

EterNity
05-23-2010, 03:31 PM
look at the posts u received and u can tell this has not changed

It will NOT change in ANY way in ANYTIME due to the fact that Cabal requires relatively low computer specs compare to other new games and also a free-to-play game. Period.

BleedingSoul
05-23-2010, 03:35 PM
It will NOT change in ANY way in ANYTIME due to the fact that Cabal requires relatively low computer specs compare to other new games and also a free-to-play game. Period.

You saying relationships among players on a P2P game are any better?

EterNity
05-23-2010, 03:44 PM
You saying relationships among players on a P2P game are any better?

Not to say that everyone in P2P games are mature, but not as bad as F2P games.

I read Cabal forums and also Aion forums. The difference between the two are noticeable.

Entry level is also another factor, generally speaking, F.E.A.R has more mature player than Counter Strike due to its specs requirement.

It's like real world social status.

BleedingSoul
05-23-2010, 03:49 PM
The difference between the two are noticeable.

I know, i'm not there.

Give Aion some time to mature, it will end up just like this.

Berserk_Fury
05-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Not to say that everyone in P2P games are mature, but not as bad as F2P games.

I read Cabal forums and also Aion forums. The difference between the two are noticeable.

Entry level is also another factor, generally speaking, F.E.A.R has more mature player than Counter Strike due to its specs requirement.

It's like real world social status.

Lol, I don't know what you're smoking but the community in Aion is just terrible. That is the only reason why I stopped playing that game and went back to cabal. Sure we may have a lot of trolls on the forums but in game community is far better than in Aion.

Matrimoney
05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Lol, I don't know what you're smoking but the community in Aion is just terrible. That is the only reason why I stopped playing that game and went back to cabal. Sure we may have a lot of trolls on the forums but in game community is far better than in Aion.

get on mw2 fool ill chuck my throwing knife across the map at u like i did to someone yesterday

PPAPAPAPAPOOOOWWNNEEDDDD

EterNity
05-23-2010, 04:47 PM

Sorry to say this but you absolutely trolling right there...or maybe you are talking about the official forums which no one use?

BleedingSoul
05-23-2010, 05:00 PM
official forums which no one use?

Why wouldn't they use the official forums? They must be stupid.

BackUpMENG
05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
I posted what I look like on Sniper. That's more than you. As far as i'm concerned, you're a doppelbanger.

get more pics off google thnx bromengski

Berserk_Fury
05-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Sorry to say this but you absolutely trolling right there...or maybe you are talking about the official forums which no one use?

I'm talking about in game community. I couldn't care less about forum community.

get on mw2 fool ill chuck my throwing knife across the map at u like i did to someone yesterday

PPAPAPAPAPOOOOWWNNEEDDDD

You play on PC?

Matrimoney
05-23-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm talking about in game community. I couldn't care less about forum community.

You play on PC?

of course...fps on consoles is...just terribad

EterNity
05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Why wouldn't they use the official forums? They must be stupid.

The official forums divided into areas.

There's one forums for ALL Aion players to discuss together...EU, KR, CN, and NA

I would like to see a forums that allows Cabal NA to communicate with Cabal EU.

Base on what this guy is saying, I can 100% assure he is either trolling or the bad experience he got is due to his possible antisocial behaviors.

The in-game community there is way better than current Cabal.

Diablo
05-23-2010, 11:22 PM
pretending to be someone else again? havent you learned the first time

ceyenne
05-24-2010, 12:02 AM
"Community - Way to many kids, immature rude comments were the norm from my experience in game and a polite conversation was rare. I mostly kept to myself after a hand full of bad experiences trying to have conversations with people and never really got involved in a Clan / Guild. I hope this has improved or maybe that was just my personal experience and not a general experience of anyone else playing. I don't know, Perhaps I had bad luck. "

I have experienced this in game and in forum also. I used to really enjoy playing Cabal but I have lost a lot of interest. It used to be you could play and post on the forum and it felt like a community. Now its just a bunch of hateful people bashing each other constantly, disgustingly foul pictures getting posted by perverts and major ego maniacs verbally beating each other up.

A lot of people think Cabal is going down hill. The G.M's need to see that these are some of the reasons people leave and they need to make some positive changes before everyone is gone.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me if new dungeons or content gets added. It's all about the social aspect in game and on the forum. I have met some nice people and I have met some royal creeps and jerks.

As far as the forum is concerned I have never seen so many mean and hateful people in my life. That's why I don't post here very often.

FU2
05-24-2010, 12:49 AM
ESTsoft is pretty much trying to save a sinking ship.

YoungForum
05-24-2010, 01:12 AM

Prove me wrong EST.

people forget that EST just picked up cabal. and that the game was in bad shape when they got it. they are trying and have made some improvements but it will obviously take some time before cabal is back on its Feet so to say people jus need to be patient thats all. but 2wks they wouldnt pick up a game and then drop it after a few months. Cabal has a trial year minimum. and as much as people complain as long theres those group of people who spends ton of money on this game itll probaly live longer than that. but they do need to advertise and bring in more people aka mor money.

beowolf101
05-24-2010, 06:29 AM
The official forums divided into areas.

There's one forums for ALL Aion players to discuss together...EU, KR, CN, and NA

I would like to see a forums that allows Cabal NA to communicate with Cabal EU.

Base on what this guy is saying, I can 100% assure he is either trolling or the bad experience he got is due to his possible antisocial behaviors.

i don't see him as antisocial

Berserk_Fury
05-24-2010, 07:16 AM
of course...fps on consoles is...just terribad

Steam ID?

It could be different between servers but on Azphel your own faction would screw you over any chance they get. And then if you didn't get screwed by your own faction chances are you can't go to any good leveling spots because there would be level 50's from the opposing nation camping every spot. It doesn't matter if you're 50 rank 1 or 40 rank 8, they go after you all the time. I'm all for having pvp content, but wasting a whole day getting nothing done because you get killed by someone 10 levels higher than you every 5 minutes gets annoying fast.