PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying gear? Obsolete or Not?

NitroG3n
02-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone of you know or think they know if gear like +15 topaz 36% cdi or like sigmetal +15 double socket 7% amp pieces like end game gear like that, will it become obsolete or not good anymore with all the changes of rising force coming like for example i read somewhere that armor and weapon amp sockets are becoming 8% now or something like that, if that's the case what about the 7% of the sigmetal event gear will it change to 8%. With hit,pen and defense reduction stats being added as well. So if anyone can enlighten me about this stuff i would be really grateful Thank you.

Sprite
02-03-2013, 11:22 PM
everything depends on your budget

NitroG3n
02-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Yeah but what i meant was if you already bought them and spent a ton on vouchers to sell and then regret it because you cant even sell the gear for even half of what you paid for it if anything at all. Everything depends on budget but thanks for giving me such a wonderfully descriptive and helpful response lol...

Valdoroth
02-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Welcome to economics. Prices fluxuate and we don't know what will happen yet still.

Peaches
02-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Yeah but what i meant was if you already bought them and spent a ton on vouchers to sell and then regret it because you cant even sell the gear for even half of what you paid for it if anything at all. Everything depends on budget but thanks for giving me such a wonderfully descriptive and helpful response lol...

Best thing you can do is play long enough to get experience, or be in a guild with lots of friends who have experience.

That way, you'll become smart enough to think "this item is worth 500mil, not 1bil" and "Later on if I want to sell this I can probably sell it for 450mil" etc etc

Two things to consider when buying stuff: How good is the stat gain to cost ratio, and How easy is it to sell later on?

And everyone on Cabal who has played for more than a couple years has made buys they regret. Don't sweat it too much.

IronCloud
02-04-2013, 02:08 PM
everything depends on your budget
How helpful...

Welcome to economics. Prices fluxuate and we don't know what will happen yet still.
Again, how helpful...

Best thing you can do is play long enough to get experience, or be in a guild with lots of friends who have experience.

That way, you'll become smart enough to think "this item is worth 500mil, not 1bil" and "Later on if I want to sell this I can probably sell it for 450mil" etc etc

Two things to consider when buying stuff: How good is the stat gain to cost ratio, and How easy is it to sell later on?

And everyone on Cabal who has played for more than a couple years has made buys they regret. Don't sweat it too much.
Best response so far imo, I think people are missing the point of Nitro's question though. He wants to know if anyone has information or suspicions that there will be any form of new gear or gear types that will make the current end game equipment no longer the best/top of the line. For example, a redos GS +15 with 80/14, after the expansion will that weapon no longer be the go-to bang for your buck best in slot?

Personally I have no idea, but I'm gonna wait til the update hits to see what changes are made. It would be a pain in the butt for all those people who +15'd and SeH'd their red osmium only to find there is a better tier of crafting after the update. ie: redos GS of annihilation drops with 40% CDI instead of 32. etc.

Peaches
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
How helpful...

Again, how helpful...

Best response so far imo, I think people are missing the point of Nitro's question though. He wants to know if anyone has information or suspicions that there will be any form of new gear or gear types that will make the current end game equipment no longer the best/top of the line. For example, a redos GS +15 with 80/14, after the expansion will that weapon no longer be the go-to bang for your buck best in slot?

Personally I have no idea, but I'm gonna wait til the update hits to see what changes are made. It would be a pain in the butt for all those people who +15'd and SeH'd their red osmium only to find there is a better tier of crafting after the update. ie: redos GS of annihilation drops with 40% CDI instead of 32. etc.

well 36 cd +15 redosm stuff was top of the tier a year and a half ago when SGH was first released.

Ofc 2 years later it won't be top of the tier anymore, and you'll have to sell for less.

In terms of ep 10, a couple tips:

1. Crit rate has and always has been the most important stat. If you're rocking max rate gloves and suit already, stick with them.

2. Amp in slot stuff will be 8 amp yes, so either get your hands on craftsman forci which is 8 amp crafted, or go amp in slot for sig and under, ie. don't get 7 amp crafts (unless you've already got max rate in slot stuff)

3. And Astral weapon dictates that if you're an FB, get a Forci xtal.

4. Accessories that can be crafted/dropped, like eof, bof, aop, w/e always become more common over time, update or not. So I guess if you really want to save alz you can put off buying accessories you dont have yet.

Other than that, what dictates "endgame" gear is simply: availability of SG (ie SGH made redosm up to par with forci, but SGHH makes forci better handsdown) and scrolls (a 40 cd weapon isn't bad but if rate scrolls are high in availability, 7/40 will be a must). Nothing in an mmo will STAY endgame for more than 1 year. Thats just how it is when you have updates once every 6 months. My best advice is don't worry about how "endgame" something is. As long as the item is a good deal at the time then buy it. Inflation/Deflation is self-correcting.

star21
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Best thing is to STOP playing. It feels like this game is doing a face lift so all your gears will be obsolete. Then price gonna drop, then you gotta invest for new gears. Feels like this game is so unstable that it keep changing and changing and the players suffer.

I'm glad I quit and destroyed all my gears so I can't go back into it.

Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone of you know or think they know if gear like +15 topaz 36% cdi or like sigmetal +15 double socket 7% amp pieces like end game gear like that, will it become obsolete or not good anymore with all the changes of rising force coming like for example i read somewhere that armor and weapon amp sockets are becoming 8% now or something like that, if that's the case what about the 7% of the sigmetal event gear will it change to 8%. With hit,pen and defense reduction stats being added as well. So if anyone can enlighten me about this stuff i would be really grateful Thank you.

whitetrash
02-13-2013, 02:46 PM
^^ noone likes a quitter lol

Sandulf
02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
^^ noone likes a quitter lol

U can't quit if u spend real money in game, ur consciousness wouldn't let u

Jessifer
02-14-2013, 01:25 AM
Best thing is to STOP playing. It feels like this game is doing a face lift so all your gears will be obsolete. Then price gonna drop, then you gotta invest for new gears. Feels like this game is so unstable that it keep changing and changing and the players suffer.

I'm glad I quit and destroyed all my gears so I can't go back into it.

MMORPG gear always updates. If they weren't people would've left when Osmium was end game. Insert brain here please.

Peaches
02-14-2013, 03:17 AM
The point of updates is so that you have more stuff to do.

Why would you want to buy a single set of gear and use it forever, even 3 years later? You basically want a game in which you DON'T play?

Playing daily or weekly and working to improve on your gear is the point of EVERY mmo.

If what you want is a static game where nothing ever changes or improves, go get a console game, play until you're "endgame" and ta-da. New stuff will never pop up.