PDA

View Full Version : Just a few ideas.

LegionCenos
02-18-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm aware what posting on a forum brings; the trolls, pseudo-intellectuals, witty comments blah blah. Doing it anyway.

These are just a few ideas I've come up with to help with the game to see if anyone else would encourage it?

1. Gloves/Boots/Suits of Deathblow & Annihilation
They both give 1% Max Critical Rate, so why name it differently? Maybe Annihilation could give 2% Max Critical Rate? Anything but having the same stats for normal and epic options.

2. Strictly Party-type dungeons
This I know may not come soon, but in an mmo we encourage people to actually work together in games. Most people can solo dungeons and that's fine, but why play an mmo just to do everything alone? Perhaps some dungeons could only be ran in a party?

3. AH items
Looooott of categories in the AH for items that either don't exist or can't be posted because it's account bound or something. Would be easier if they were just removed or actually have items not account bound. The economy is based off the number of the people who actually participate to this supply and demand, lot of selling not enough buying unless it's the basic stuff. Rich stay rich and it's only the rich who buy the expensive stuff.

4. Dungeons
Dungeons have been dropping cores far, far too often. The entries cost more than the profit we make from it and a lot of people are broke too often. People sell noob items for ridiculous prices and I got to LOL at it. I'm not sure what changed? But fchh or fchs from end boss chests is completely lame. uch and uchhs, fine I can understand people getting enough of these but fch and fchh in IC1, IC2, Ft1?

5. Adept/Skilled
........ If you aren't transcender before you can wear shineguard? There is something wrong. To find "FORCIUM" or "SIGMETAL" of Skilled? Dumb! There should not be adept gear beyond Osmium for any reason what so ever.

6. Epaulets
I was thinking maybe class specific epaulets? Like Bricry robe for mages, Black Bard, maybe a cloak, angel armor, demon armor, something different.

7. Arenas
Aside from Chaos Arena and War, maybe there could be an arena like Chaos Arena for Guild vs Guild battles and a wager option. Both sides put up a wager and winner of the competition gets it. Well, maybe it goes to the GL. Just an idea.

All I have so far, if I can come up with anymore I might post them depending on how this one goes.

Valdoroth
02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Um, they have a Suggestion Section for ideas o.o.

Anyways:

1. I always wondered this too. I'm not sure why the non-PC and PC are different named for the same stats.

2. They're in the works. They're in the process of making Party DX's. (Like the old Party DT's I guess)

3. It's also based off the KO server's and they likely have some of those items not account bound. I wish they could fix this too. If our Head's of Staff gave a list of all our account bound items that have no form of non-account bound to the KO dev's before updating our patches, maybe they could tailor the NA AH list for us.

4. Honestly I don't know how you don't make a profit when running dungeons. People buy just about anything these days. "Fail" items are often used for armor skins. Cores sell easily as it is. I do agree about excess of the force cores though.

5. Agreed. We all do. The ONLY benefit for Adept gear after being fully skilled is the SP recovery rate when using skills. It's only handy when you're low on SP and there's no WI around. I sometimes put my full adept set on and use arrows on a dummy. My SP reco rate is about 45-55 SP/ Second. SP buff is 300/ 3seconds = 100/ second. Dancing is for bar 0 to 1: 150/3sec ( 50/sec), bar 1 to 2: 80/3s(33.3333/sec), bar 2 to 3: 70/3s (~23/sec), bar 3 to 4: 40/3s (~14/sec), and the rest are 25/3sec (~ 8/sec)

6. You mean more unique epaulets like the Epaulet of Vampire and Yuan?

7. Agreed. There's a post or two somewhere in the Suggestion Forums about this. I meantion similar in my Guild Expansion Thread there.

Jessifer
02-18-2013, 12:33 PM
5. Agreed. We all do. The ONLY benefit for Adept gear after being fully skilled is the SP recovery rate when using skills. It's only handy when you're low on SP and there's no WI around. I sometimes put my full adept set on and use arrows on a dummy. My SP reco rate is about 45-55 SP/ Second. SP buff is 300/ 3seconds = 100/ second. Dancing is for bar 0 to 1: 150/3sec ( 50/sec), bar 1 to 2: 80/3s(33.3333/sec), bar 2 to 3: 70/3s (~23/sec), bar 3 to 4: 40/3s (~14/sec), and the rest are 25/3sec (~ 8/sec)

This is a good tip. Thanks for this. =O

Berserk_Fury
02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't really understand what you mean by not making money off dungeons. IC1 and dungeons like it have dropped in price by a crazy amount since they became craftable. I personally have never been in an IC1 that iI haven't made a profit out of. And if cores dripped less often their price would spike. Currently it takes a huge amount of cores to upgrade items up to 11 and higher so personally I welcome core drops (except fchh, they're almost useless).

LegionCenos
02-18-2013, 12:57 PM
I know, the whole dungeon profit thing has people confused. Maybe it's my luck? But lately IC1 runs have been giving me uch and fchhs. If people needed a dungeon for uchs, they'd run sod and get 8. When you have 498579480750934767674634 people selling the same thing the price drops dramatically just to get it sold. It's all I'm saying. fchhs and uchs in higher level dungeons is. Dumb.. But oh well, I can chalk that portion of the post up to my luck and not just a unanimous experience. But when people run RS and LiD and actually make more profit than IC1, IC2, aos2? Yeah.

GodOfWar
02-18-2013, 01:51 PM
I know, the whole dungeon profit thing has people confused. Maybe it's my luck? But lately IC1 runs have been giving me uch and fchhs. If people needed a dungeon for uchs, they'd run sod and get 8. When you have 498579480750934767674634 people selling the same thing the price drops dramatically just to get it sold. It's all I'm saying. fchhs and uchs in higher level dungeons is. Dumb.. But oh well, I can chalk that portion of the post up to my luck and not just a unanimous experience. But when people run RS and LiD and actually make more profit than IC1, IC2, aos2? Yeah.running rs and lid to make more profit than other dungeons is pure bullshiet.

LegionCenos
02-18-2013, 02:29 PM
running rs and lid to make more profit than other dungeons is pure bullshiet.

There is a reason Lid Maps cost just as much as IC1/IC2 entries. I've ran RS and sold the 1-slot drops there for about 1.5mil to 2mil a piece since they drop so frequently. In fact, running ONLY that dungeon helped me buy second voucher for Level Booster so if you want to call bull by all means, bruh.

Valdoroth
02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
There is a reason Lid Maps cost just as much as IC1/IC2 entries. I've ran RS and sold the 1-slot drops there for about 1.5mil to 2mil a piece since they drop so frequently. In fact, running ONLY that dungeon helped me buy second voucher for Level Booster so if you want to call bull by all means, bruh.
Don't mind him. He's just ignorant of the small things. Just sell everything honestly. RS is a very easy to farm FCP/UCP as well. EoD was nice for similar when I was trying to get my merg.

Jessifer
02-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Don't mind him. He's just ignorant of the small things. Just sell everything honestly. RS is a very easy to farm FCP/UCP as well. EoD was nice for similar when I was trying to get my merg.

LiD, RS and EoD best for crafters. IC1/FT1 is good for UCH/UCHH.

Berserk_Fury
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM

That depends a lot on your playstyle, yes you can run low dungeons like lid/rs/eod and pull a consistent profit, but you won't get anything epic out of them either. Sure in ic1 you might have some runs where you will make less money than off lid, but then you can also run it again and get a drop worth between 100m and 2b. Question is whether you are willing to keep waiting for that drop.

Peaches
02-18-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm aware what posting on a forum brings; the trolls, pseudo-intellectuals, witty comments blah blah. Doing it anyway.

These are just a few ideas I've come up with to help with the game to see if anyone else would encourage it?

1. Gloves/Boots/Suits of Deathblow & Annihilation
They both give 1% Max Critical Rate, so why name it differently? Maybe Annihilation could give 2% Max Critical Rate? Anything but having the same stats for normal and epic options.

Good idea

2. Strictly Party-type dungeons
This I know may not come soon, but in an mmo we encourage people to actually work together in games. Most people can solo dungeons and that's fine, but why play an mmo just to do everything alone? Perhaps some dungeons could only be ran in a party?

Good idea

3. AH items
Looooott of categories in the AH for items that either don't exist or can't be posted because it's account bound or something. Would be easier if they were just removed or actually have items not account bound. The economy is based off the number of the people who actually participate to this supply and demand, lot of selling not enough buying unless it's the basic stuff. Rich stay rich and it's only the rich who buy the expensive stuff.

I agree. Tradable 3 slot items, kreds, weapon skins, costumes would be nice.

4. Dungeons
Dungeons have been dropping cores far, far too often. The entries cost more than the profit we make from it and a lot of people are broke too often. People sell noob items for ridiculous prices and I got to LOL at it. I'm not sure what changed? But fchh or fchs from end boss chests is completely lame. uch and uchhs, fine I can understand people getting enough of these but fch and fchh in IC1, IC2, Ft1?

I say keep them. And idk what server you're in but fch is more valuable than uch in merc. Not many people +ing high stuff. But a ton of people buying fch to craft. I'd rather they add more craft-options and let us use upgrade cores and fchh to make craft mats.

5. Adept/Skilled
........ If you aren't transcender before you can wear shineguard? There is something wrong. To find "FORCIUM" or "SIGMETAL" of Skilled? Dumb! There should not be adept gear beyond Osmium for any reason what so ever.

NO. KEEP ADEPT >:

6. Epaulets
I was thinking maybe class specific epaulets? Like Bricry robe for mages, Black Bard, maybe a cloak, angel armor, demon armor, something different.

Good idea

7. Arenas
Aside from Chaos Arena and War, maybe there could be an arena like Chaos Arena for Guild vs Guild battles and a wager option. Both sides put up a wager and winner of the competition gets it. Well, maybe it goes to the GL. Just an idea.

Sounds too easy to abuse. So no.

All I have so far, if I can come up with anymore I might post them depending on how this one goes.

o.o

LegionCenos
02-18-2013, 06:31 PM
o.o

Honestly a lot of things can be abused lately. People buying chars with character transfers takes a lot of trust and a lot of scamming has already been done. Seems like the rich just buy their way to everything and Guilds need a purpose than just "Recruit! Try to be active! Do Guild quests!"
I think if a Guild had a reason to pull together and help each other out for a purpose they'd become lively. I'm in Venus and a lot of Guilds just.. Have people that do their own thing.

So, I think this Arena idea is a mixture between War and a way to burn time while actually receiving the spoils of war. :)

killerdevil
02-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Well , i agree about Number 4. and for those who say dungeons must get you entry Alz back , that's not true >.>, the biggest problem is that Cabal is all about luck , so noone could actually say that something happens to ALL people , it's all about everyone's own luck and even if you make Alz by running dungs , selling cores , items for craft and that kind of , you make 3m / dung ? like lol , + 15 sig which is supposed to be normally used by 180+ players was 2.3b - last time i logged on , i didnt log on long ago- The problem is that price of items in cabal is too high compared with the income normal players would get ( i didnt even mention getting " epic " items coz this is not even a possibility for ppl with bad luck.)

Peaches
02-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Honestly a lot of things can be abused lately. People buying chars with character transfers takes a lot of trust and a lot of scamming has already been done. Seems like the rich just buy their way to everything and Guilds need a purpose than just "Recruit! Try to be active! Do Guild quests!"
I think if a Guild had a reason to pull together and help each other out for a purpose they'd become lively. I'm in Venus and a lot of Guilds just.. Have people that do their own thing.

So, I think this Arena idea is a mixture between War and a way to burn time while actually receiving the spoils of war. :)

Eh, but something like betting on GVG's could easily lead to scamming bils from another guild by planting spies into it a few weeks in advanced. Maybe an incentive to GVG sure, but not bets. The same reason that betting honor points on pvp's was removed.

Zebracal
02-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Very nice ideas guys, I do hope that the gm's could see this :)

Valdoroth
02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Well , i agree about Number 4. and for those who say dungeons must get you entry Alz back , that's not true >.>, the biggest problem is that Cabal is all about luck , so noone could actually say that something happens to ALL people , it's all about everyone's own luck and even if you make Alz by running dungs , selling cores , items for craft and that kind of , you make 3m / dung ? like lol , + 15 sig which is supposed to be normally used by 180+ players was 2.3b - last time i logged on , i didnt log on long ago- The problem is that price of items in cabal is too high compared with the income normal players would get ( i didnt even mention getting " epic " items coz this is not even a possibility for ppl with bad luck.)
Well part of that is the amount of alz the game subtracts from the players. It's almost obscene how much more you have to spend just to do common things. Removing HP/MP pots from crafting was one of the ways to do that. AH tax is fair in it's own regard though. Crafting costing alz to upgrade is a little on the rediculous side ( I miss having proofs instead)

Faowin
02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Eh, but something like betting on GVG's could easily lead to scamming bils from another guild by planting spies into it a few weeks in advanced. Maybe an incentive to GVG sure, but not bets. The same reason that betting honor points on pvp's was removed.

That would be the hard way to do it. Two people could make two guilds, put their money together and go all-in, and one goes naked then they share the profit. That's EXACTLY what I'd do.