PDA

View Full Version : Z target removal for mobs

tyrel21
03-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Whose stupid idea was it to remove this function? Please, people post here and let est know that removing this feature is one of the dumbest things they have ever done!

I can't think of another game I have played that did not have a feature that let you target a mob and scroll through the mobs by repeatedly clicking the same button.

What possible logical reason is there for removing this feature?

whitetrash
03-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Guess someone hasn't played games that takes skill and wants ez mode ....

tyrel21
03-07-2013, 01:26 PM
guess someone has played games that have a basic functionality that makes sense. Quit being such a douche, I am pretty sure you are not all that and a bag of donuts.

Besides which, you didn't answer my question - what possible logical reason is there for removing this?

If you want to play the game in a more frustrating and hard way , go for it. But I play games like this to enjoy them, and not having z target for mobs makes this game a lot less enjoyable.

whitetrash
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
You must be new around here and don't know me I cannot comply with your request
And yes I am pretty bad ass but that's besides the point
They want the game to be harder for people to keep there intrest
Also taking away the targeting makes it harder to make bots not much but some
Less QQ more pew pew

edgarh
03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
i actually like it xD

tyrel21
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
the game without z target does not help to keep my interest. Obviously not everyone feels the same way you do about this, nor the same way I do. The point is, they can leave z target for mobs in and you hardcore gamers can still use the mouse to click on mobs to your hearts content. I have played cabal long enough that when I started they didn't have a mob target button; even then I couldn't believe it based on my experience of every other game I have played.

So you think it is fine not to have it, good for you, allow me to have my own opinion.

and as far as you "cannot comply with my request" the correct wording is that you "will not comply" because obviously you know more about this than I do.

Eriks419
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
the underlying reason for the removal of Z targeting is a combination of 2 things. bm retargeting, and macro botting. and just now, with 6 inches of snow on the ground the ice cream man drove by. the hell?

tyrel21
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
thanks for the response, can't say I agree with it, but I appreciate getting a reasonable answer from someone rather than someone telling me just to it up. Have to agree with you on the ice cream truck issue :)

NiteFalcon
03-07-2013, 02:02 PM
macro botting....enough said

good move to remove it

whitetrash
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm glad it's gone making it harder for people to cheat
Sounds like someone might be mad there prog don't work anymore lol
Doubt matter much to me anymore really I'm only on like 1 hour a week lol

xXdangerzoneXx
03-07-2013, 03:37 PM
i agree with you im grinding in pi with the demonic and its so annoying now i mean grinding was always boring but now it just like id rather shot my self than do this! but yea i vote we bring back z re target.
Whose stupid idea was it to remove this function? Please, people post here and let est know that removing this feature is one of the dumbest things they have ever done!

I can't think of another game I have played that did not have a feature that let you target a mob and scroll through the mobs by repeatedly clicking the same button.

What possible logical reason is there for removing this feature?

Mixie
03-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Really annyoing now without the retargeting on mobs now! Most the time i like to use my laptop to play and trying to click mobs with the finger touch mouse pad nearly impossible to play now. Who knows maybe they will bring it back.

i sell stuff
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Really annyoing now without the retargeting on mobs now! Most the time i like to use my laptop to play and trying to click mobs with the finger touch mouse pad nearly impossible to play now. Who knows maybe they will bring it back.
I played with the track pad for about a year before i got a mouse. After a few moths of playing with my mouse i tried playing with the track pad again and im like how the hell did i play before?

Davynelord
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
OMG, when will developers learn that just like crime in real life, you can't win the battle with those that cheat and do wrong, you only slow them down for a moment until they figure out how to beat what you put in place to deter them...truth be told, anyone that knows the slightest bit about programming can figure out a way around auto-retarget being taken out. Heck I'm just a novice programmer and with enough reading on the internet, I could produce a program that could auto-target mobs and players for me at the push of a button. So if that was their motivation (to stop botting/macro/cheaters), then they have no clue how stupid of a decision that is....it won't stop the cheaters or botters, it will just alienate legit players who believe that auto-target is or should be a basic feature....because really, there isn't a game I play today that doesn't have auto targeting and they don't have near the problems with cheating and botters that cabal has....

edgarh
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
OMG, when will developers learn that just like crime in real life, you can't win the battle with those that cheat and do wrong, you only slow them down for a moment until they figure out how to beat what you put in place to deter them...truth be told, anyone that knows the slightest bit about programming can figure out a way around auto-retarget being taken out. Heck I'm just a novice programmer and with enough reading on the internet, I could produce a program that could auto-target mobs and players for me at the push of a button. So if that was their motivation (to stop botting/macro/cheaters), then they have no clue how stupid of a decision that is....it won't stop the cheaters or botters, it will just alienate legit players who believe that auto-target is or should be a basic feature....because really, there isn't a game I play today that doesn't have auto targeting and they don't have near the problems with cheating and botters that cabal has....
Wait.. what... So based on your logic we should just let them do what they want without any resistance cause they're going to get by anyways? That's ludacris Lol...

Ive played my share of video games p2w/f2p and it doesn't matter what game you're playing there's going to be hackers. Every single game ive played has had hackers. Cabal compared to other games hardly has hackers. It mainly has spammers and every so often you'll bump into a hacker @ war for a few weeks then poof they get banned.

If removing auto target annoys hackers by the slightest bit then im all for it har har :D. Lets put them hackers to work! Time for them to build a knew program ^^!

Davynelord
03-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Wait.. what... So based on your logic we should just let them do what they want without any resistance cause they're going to get by anyways? That's ludacris Lol...

Ive played my share of video games p2w/f2p and it doesn't matter what game you're playing there's going to be hackers. Every single game ive played has had hackers. Cabal compared to other games hardly has hackers. It mainly has spammers and every so often you'll bump into a hacker @ war for a few weeks then poof they get banned.

If removing auto target annoys hackers by the slightest bit then im all for it har har :D. Lets put them hackers to work! Time for them to build a knew program ^^!

No, what I'm saying is instead of focusing on taking features away to deter hacker/cheaters, do something else that doesn't affect the legit players....if indeed they did take away auto target because of botting, then my point is it was a bad move because that won't stop botting at all...it just makes more work for people that don't bot, yet the botters will still be botting even without auto-targeting.

So basically, they need to do more policing of the game and less feature changes because cheaters/hackers can't circumvent policing like they can feature changes. There's a difference in botting when someone sees you compared to how a person can write a program that can circumvent auto-retarget and still allow you to auto-target even though the game doesn't give you that feature.

For instance, most games don't give you wall hacks, but people make programs that allow them to see through walls....so if cabal doesn't give you an auto-target feature, a programmer can still create their own auto-target feature for when they bot.

Teppi
03-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Bots are still out there w/wo Z target. this removal seems useless zzZ

Andrea
03-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Lol, wa's are back to slow-mo mode with the scythe. The retarget was the great equalizer for its otherwise suxy dps. And BL's claws out-dps even an Fa's guns. But not anymore. Another useless feature now...the bm2 (in pve).

tyrel21
03-08-2013, 03:14 AM
I sent in a ticket to the help desk asking about the reason for removing z target for mobs. As usual the response was very polite and I appreciate that they answered so quickly, even if I still don't agree with it, lol. Anyway here is the response I got:

They felt that this was necessary to curve the logical progression and difficulty of the game. CABAL is founded on the basis of a high action combat system.

BF3 showcases some events where singular targeting in a hostile environment is essential to survival and completing the encounter. It's really the type of mechanic that sets player skill tiers apart from one.

I'm certain that this feature will not be changed without further data collection. I can make a note of it for you, however, please be aware that it will take sufficient reasoning to warrant another change.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Your continued support is greatly appreciated. Should you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at the Help Desk.

Regards,
Game Master Ballade

It appears that it will take a lot of us letting them know that we want it back for it ever to come back. From Ballade's answer though est's logic/reason for taking it out is based on a lot of thought about what is best for the game and for them to bring it back they need to be convinced that there is a good reason to do so.

Also note there isn't anything said about slowing down botters; I have to agree with DavyneLord on this point, z target or no z target there will always be botters.

Peaches
03-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Hmm, I tried dungeoning and I've gotten so used to auto targeting that I keep trying to do it, like a reflex >.>

That habit is gonna take a while to break...

zarn
03-08-2013, 06:30 AM
the underlying reason for the removal of Z targeting is a combination of 2 things. bm retargeting, and macro botting. and just now, with 6 inches of snow on the ground the ice cream man drove by. the hell?

You don't need z targeting for bm retarget.

whitetrash
03-08-2013, 07:21 AM
<3 the QQ
I've played this game before they had it thought it was dumb when they added it due to people being lazy I'm glad it's gone to be honest it takes more skill and makes it more challenging without it

chainlock
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I never used auto target anyway so this doesn't effect me in any way, haha. I didn't realize how much people liked it.

Valdoroth
03-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Hmm, I tried dungeoning and I've gotten so used to auto targeting that I keep trying to do it, like a reflex >.>

That habit is gonna take a while to break...I don't think it'll take that long, but yea Im sure most people are running into the same thing. It'll be just like old times though. I like it.

truely false
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
<3 the QQ
I've played this game before they had it thought it was dumb when they added it due to people being lazy I'm glad it's gone to be honest it takes more skill and makes it more challenging without it

I don't think it'll take that long, but yea Im sure most people are running into the same thing. It'll be just like old times though. I like it.

I agree and think that for the old school players this will be an easy adjustment back to the original way the game was played. Yes some have gotten lazy with use of Z targeting I being one of them but I started playing before Z target was added and learned to quick target with my mouse. I think players will adjust without it for one they have no choice...:p

Andrea
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
You don't need z targeting for bm retarget.

True. But with only the mouse to retarget the boss, it'd be back to lose-mouse-normal, or 3 input all in succession. Try doing that outside of combo, lol, u'd be like the "I like turtles!" kid all over again.

When they introduced the z key to retrget (even in pve), people became inventive, creative, and enterprising so as to exploit that feature in a seeming loophole or bug to make bm2 retrgeting easier to do with a one key input (actually double keys) or even a 2nd (the hp spam key even lol). Then the developers rethought the idea..."This isn't good. let's make it a biotch like before". So, here we are now.

Valdoroth
03-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Lets just make it super easy and it only auto targets bosses. Yea that's what we should do...

Nah, beuno sin target con 'z'. <--- pretty sure that's horrible spanish, but im sure it's understandable :D

Sandulf
03-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I hardly see the balance
-Wi and fa just have to click the target once
-While swords classes have to rely on re-target for max dps
No wonder sword classes are gimped in the new battle arena (except fb of course, who can't even effectively utilize bm2 in there either)

Lulu
03-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Even if I wasn't an fa I wouldn't cry this much lol.

whitetrash
03-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Even if I wasn't an fa I wouldn't cry this much lol.

Hahahahaha <3

4Mashiah
03-09-2013, 07:51 AM
thanks cabal people... arcane trace was hard enough in shineguard.... now without the Z key I can't level anymore period

i have no money to buy forci gear or the ext needed to make forci fit...

when you update you always manage to do something to make the game difficult .. but this time i really believe you messed it up for me at least...

Hash
03-09-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't actually the problem with removing z retarget for mobs. It can make life a bit more difficult for some people, but I almost always used a mouse for clicking mobs. It's much better, as clicking different mobs can affect how many mobs you actually hit from your aoe. To everyone complaining: learn to use a mouse properly, it's better in the long run.

Valdoroth
03-09-2013, 08:39 AM
You people are really being dumb. The developers even said before this update was released that the balancing wasn't going to be comlete yet and it's still in progress. They already know it'll be uneven for awhile, but they are working on it.

If you can't grind without the 'Z' targeting, then that's not the game's problem. There are plenty of people that grinded the old slow way manually clicking from lvl 1-170. Quit complaining. If you can't adapt to changes, then quit. Simply put.

truely false
03-09-2013, 10:24 AM
If you can't grind without the 'Z' targeting, then that's not the game's problem. There are plenty of people that grinded the old slow way manually clicking from lvl 1-170. Quit complaining. If you can't adapt to changes, then quit. Simply put.

+1

KonaKona
03-09-2013, 03:37 PM
No, what I'm saying is instead of focusing on taking features away to deter hacker/cheaters, do something else that doesn't affect the legit players....if indeed they did take away auto target because of botting, then my point is it was a bad move because that won't stop botting at all...it just makes more work for people that don't bot, yet the botters will still be botting even without auto-targeting.

So basically, they need to do more policing of the game and less feature changes because cheaters/hackers can't circumvent policing like they can feature changes. There's a difference in botting when someone sees you compared to how a person can write a program that can circumvent auto-retarget and still allow you to auto-target even though the game doesn't give you that feature.

For instance, most games don't give you wall hacks, but people make programs that allow them to see through walls....so if cabal doesn't give you an auto-target feature, a programmer can still create their own auto-target feature for when they bot.

Before they had the 'z' targeting, there were already hardware-based cabal bots (dedicated mouse) that does it, no need for macro keyboards. As for clicking mobs, its a pain to try to go back again to pointing with the cursor. Its is kinda hard to point and retarget when you have the special lighting effects that kinda obscure the target.

modem
03-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Lol, wa's are back to slow-mo mode with the scythe. The retarget was the great equalizer for its otherwise suxy dps. And BL's claws out-dps even an Fa's guns. But not anymore. Another useless feature now...the bm2 (in pve).

noob detected. bm 2 retarget is not gona u can use escape key to retarget

Andrea
03-09-2013, 06:52 PM
noob detected. bm 2 retarget is not gona u can use escape key to retarget

True. But with only the mouse to retarget the boss, it'd be back to lose-mouse-normal, or 3 input all in succession.

i believe i had that covered...l2read

Valdoroth
03-10-2013, 08:00 AM
noob detected. bm 2 retarget is not gona u can use escape key to retargetWhen I first did retarget the esc key wasn't always working great. Then I discovered select self. It worked gaster for me since esc didn't always deselect when I pressed it. It also lets you retarget with windows open not using esc. It may have been I had a bad keyboard though.

Peaches
03-10-2013, 10:35 AM
thanks cabal people... arcane trace was hard enough in shineguard.... now without the Z key I can't level anymore period

i have no money to buy forci gear or the ext needed to make forci fit...

when you update you always manage to do something to make the game difficult .. but this time i really believe you messed it up for me at least...

If you know how to play, having z-target vs not having z-target should be ZERO difference.

If you can't level up, dont blame it on your gear and not being able to buy forci or extend gear. Just learn how to click on a mob with your mouse...

Making enough alz for epic gears would take dozens/hundreds/thousands of hours. Practicing using your mouse is something you can do in 15 minutes.

tyrel21
03-10-2013, 11:56 AM
So far it looks like there are about 10 in favor of z targeting and 9 that don't feel it needs to be brought back.

I played cabal before z target as well and after 4 days of update it really isn't giving me that much trouble. I agree with Konakona that finding a new mob to click amidst all the special effects from our attacks can be a pain in the butt.

However, having z target is not about "being lazy" as some of you old timers claim. For some of us it is convenience, pure and simple - that is not a negative thing as you seem to be making it. z target definitely made the game less challenging to find a new mob to hit and to do bl 2 claw for instance, and a lot of us liked that. Doesn't mean we are lazy, just means we don't see the point of making the game a pain in the butt, esp when they left z target in for a year and a half or whatever.

When it comes down to it, people have different opinions and it looks like they are pretty evenly split.

I Killed The Prom Queen
03-10-2013, 12:21 PM
ive been playing since beta, and point and click was ok, tho especially now my laptop wont do more than 20 frames and im not rich to buy nice gaming systems so when im pulling a combo on a mob and im FA which means i need to switch really fast to the next monster, i gotta turn my screen around and move my mouse all the way to wherever that monster is and click him then tap the skill i wanna use.... ALL IN LESS THAN 1.3 SECONDS??? yeah not happening, so a i lose a crapload of SP cause i gotta combo for EVERY sinlge monster, its difficult, and im not the only player on cabal who gets crappy frames per second.... and its a huge waste of time...

time is money, nuff said...

Peaches
03-10-2013, 12:24 PM
ive been playing since beta, and point and click was ok, tho especially now my laptop wont do more than 20 frames and im not rich to buy nice gaming systems so when im pulling a combo on a mob and im FA which means i need to switch really fast to the next monster, i gotta turn my screen around and move my mouse all the way to wherever that monster is and click him then tap the skill i wanna use.... ALL IN LESS THAN 1.3 SECONDS??? yeah not happening, so a i lose a crapload of SP cause i gotta combo for EVERY sinlge monster, its difficult, and im not the only player on cabal who gets crappy frames per second.... and its a huge waste of time...

time is money, nuff said...

So what you're telling me is that you werent able to change target in combo 2 years ago. You could only do it after they added auto target to mobs.

Peaches
03-10-2013, 12:25 PM
So far it looks like there are about 10 in favor of z targeting and 9 that don't feel it needs to be brought back.

I played cabal before z target as well and after 4 days of update it really isn't giving me that much trouble. I agree with Konakona that finding a new mob to click amidst all the special effects from our attacks can be a pain in the butt.

However, having z target is not about "being lazy" as some of you old timers claim. For some of us it is convenience, pure and simple - that is not a negative thing as you seem to be making it. z target definitely made the game less challenging to find a new mob to hit and to do bl 2 claw for instance, and a lot of us liked that. Doesn't mean we are lazy, just means we don't see the point of making the game a pain in the butt, esp when they left z target in for a year and a half or whatever.

When it comes down to it, people have different opinions and it looks like they are pretty evenly split.

It was convenient. Which is why they removed it. It's TOO convenient.

People with fancy keyboards could abuse it to grind while afk (pretty much botting).

Yes, removing this feature forces you to be a little more involved when you play, but making the gameplay more involved means it becomes harder and harder for people to bot.

I'm not saying I like this change, but I am saying there's not a lot of reason to complain about it because it really isnt a big change but people are making it sound like its a complete game-changer. They have a good reason to remove it, it doesnt really affect gameplay much, so why do we have like 15 forum threads of people complaining about it.

Valdoroth
03-10-2013, 03:40 PM
It was convenient. Which is why they removed it. It's TOO convenient.

People with fancy keyboards could abuse it to grind while afk (pretty much botting). <---- That's macros bro. PPL can't use it and not get banned o.o. Also means Gameguard doesn't do it's job properly.

Yes, removing this feature forces you to be a little more involved when you play, but making the gameplay more involved means it becomes harder and harder for people to bot.

I'm not saying I like this change, but I am saying there's not a lot of reason to complain about it because it really isnt a big change but people are making it sound like its a complete game-changer. They have a good reason to remove it, it doesnt really affect gameplay much, so why do we have like 15 forum threads of people complaining about it. :)

Zebracal
03-11-2013, 12:08 AM
I think everyone would get used to it even when it is gone. Classic point and click.