PDA

View Full Version : someone please explain what Penetration / Accuracy / evasion rate do ?

vXLi
03-10-2013, 06:23 PM
and why the hell do warriors have such terrible accuracy. i miss 1/3 hits in NW, and i have a +15 redosm ??

... lowest dps in bm3, shortest range by far, not the tankiest... yet 1/3 god damn hits miss?
are these developers in preschool?

Sprite
03-10-2013, 06:55 PM
from what i've experienced:
penetration is like a better version of add damage
accuracy is well... what it is lol. probably determines how often you can go through someone's block/evasion rate
evasion is used in conjunction with accuracy

Peaches
03-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Technically, BL has the shortest range ;)

Valdoroth
03-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Attack Rate determines if an attack hits. Accuracy is an added factor that improves your Attack Rate's chance to hit to counter their evasion rate. Imagine it like a 20 sided dice. If your atk rate is within 1k of the def rate, if you roll a 7-20 you'll hit. If you are above them by 1k, add +1, if 2k higher, add +2 instead. Lets say Accuracy adds +1 per 100 accuracy. If you have 3k atk rate and 200 acc, and your target has 3k def rate, you have to roll a 5-20 on that dice to hit. If he has 4k then you have to roll 6-20.

Penetration is additional damage to my understanding. It's similar in effect to minimum damage, but it's to alleviate the DMG Reduction. To make it really to understand, just say DMG Redux - Penetration = DMG dealt. It's not exactly like that but that's in essence what it does.

Evasion is the defensive side. Lets say you have 3k def rate and 1500 eva, and you enemy has that 3k atk rate. If you have X evasion rate, they need to have Y Accuracy to make up the lesser chance of that hit. For example, lets say every 500 eva = -1 on the 20 sided die. So he needs to roll a 10-20 to hit instead of the 7-20.

You want a higher gap of that roll to hit. 1-20 would be a hit every single attack no matter what. Crits work in similar fashion. You can easily do the math for that though and that's getting off topic.
I hope this explains it well enough.

Berserk_Fury
03-10-2013, 07:53 PM
I haven't tested it much since I don't really play anymore, but it seems that with FB buffs in PVE lightning blade is better for it's accuracy bonus than fire blade is for it's penetration bonus. While being in BM3 mostly I just didn't really notice any dps boost from penetration bonus, yet accuracy made me kill bosses faster since I missed them less.

Peaches
03-10-2013, 08:07 PM
I haven't tested it much since I don't really play anymore, but it seems that with FB buffs in PVE lightning blade is better for it's accuracy bonus than fire blade is for it's penetration bonus. While being in BM3 mostly I just didn't really notice any dps boost from penetration bonus, yet accuracy made me kill bosses faster since I missed them less.

I kind of like Fire Blade just because of the Art of Curse/Enervation/BM3 effect from it.

vXLi
03-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Attack Rate determines if an attack hits. Accuracy is an added factor that improves your Attack Rate's chance to hit to counter their evasion rate. Imagine it like a 20 sided dice. If your atk rate is within 1k of the def rate, if you roll a 7-20 you'll hit. If you are above them by 1k, add +1, if 2k higher, add +2 instead. Lets say Accuracy adds +1 per 100 accuracy. If you have 3k atk rate and 200 acc, and your target has 3k def rate, you have to roll a 5-20 on that dice to hit. If he has 4k then you have to roll 6-20.

Penetration is additional damage to my understanding. It's similar in effect to minimum damage, but it's to alleviate the DMG Reduction. To make it really to understand, just say DMG Redux - Penetration = DMG dealt. It's not exactly like that but that's in essence what it does.

Evasion is the defensive side. Lets say you have 3k def rate and 1500 eva, and you enemy has that 3k atk rate. If you have X evasion rate, they need to have Y Accuracy to make up the lesser chance of that hit. For example, lets say every 500 eva = -1 on the 20 sided die. So he needs to roll a 10-20 to hit instead of the 7-20.

You want a higher gap of that roll to hit. 1-20 would be a hit every single attack no matter what. Crits work in similar fashion. You can easily do the math for that though and that's getting off topic.
I hope this explains it well enough.

absolutely phenomenal answer dude. thanks so much, this is exactly what i was looking for.