PDA

View Full Version : Forum Advertisers

Faowin
03-15-2013, 05:43 AM
These forum advertisers are really getting old. [GM] Kato, can you please do something about these forum advertisers? Thanks

[GM] Kato
03-15-2013, 08:51 AM
We know how you feel. They've been a huge pain over here too.

They started crazy spamming the forums at the end of January and it got to the point where I had to manually approve every single registration before they were allowed to post. It worked well, but it took a considerable amount of time, especially when you're doing this everyday. Over 200 accounts were being created daily and I wanted to make sure I didn't deny a legitimate player, lol. Somewhere in the middle of all that, I had our IT team install various scripts on the the sign-up page in hopes of reducing this; and it worked for a while. Some of these scripts included a 30-second delay before being able to register and adding a better CAPTCHA system. We still don't get nearly as much spammers as before, but it looks like they've found a way to bypass a couple of vBulletin's security measures. Figures.

Anyway, I'm back to manually approving accounts again so you won't be seeing them much anymore. There's still going to be a few that slip through, and some that already registered accounts prior to this change, so be sure to report them if I don't catch them immediately.

TL;DR: It's taken care of.

Faowin
03-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Kato;379603']We know how you feel.TL;DR: It's taken care of.

Thanks for the help, and I read it all. :P