PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ server merges

Berserk_Fury
03-28-2013, 02:55 PM
What a horribly terrible way of dealing with character name and character slot issue. Nice epic fail EST, great job.

Tenrai
03-28-2013, 02:57 PM
I demand a Nacho Libre costume to be made!

Lute
03-28-2013, 03:01 PM
I logged in for the first time in months just to say WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

This is the most incredibly bad and idiotic way to do a merge with guild/character names that I have ever seen, and that's actually saying something since I've seen quite a lot of horrible server merges.

"first to get the name keeps it"

So massive name stealing and guild name stealing etc?

Do you even know how many people won't be able to log in and play the moment the server is back up to get their names? No regards to character creation date, account or character age or anything? That's already recorded in the game but you don't even use it. Not to mention all the people who will have to have new horrible 1234 names since there's so many names already taken.

And LOL @ anyone who actually played both servers, get owned hard.

This may be the single biggest screw up in the history of this game and that is REALLY saying something.

Peaches
03-28-2013, 03:04 PM

This is the most incredibly bad and idiotic way to do a merge with guild/character names that I have ever seen, and that's actually saying something since I've seen quite a lot of horrible server merges.

Do you even know how many people won't be able to log in and play the moment the server is back up to get their names? No regards to character creation date, account or character age or anything? That's already recorded in the game but you don't even use it. Not to mention all the people who will have to have new horrible 1234 names since there's so many names already taken.

This may be the single biggest screw up in the history of this game and that is REALLY saying something.

Random Hater: Grr I hate this person I'm gonna make 5 new chars and name them all stuff they would name their char so they won't have any left to use

edgarh
03-28-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't mind it. Guess some people take names serious ^^.

edgarh
03-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Random Hater: Grr I hate this person I'm gonna make 5 new chars and name them all stuff they would name their char so they won't have any left to use
lol

Lulu
03-28-2013, 03:10 PM
I smell scams coming, wrong mails, ID thiefs :(

whitetrash
03-28-2013, 03:13 PM
^^

tomaboy
03-28-2013, 03:15 PM

+1. Couldn't have said it better.

Abi
03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
This better be an April's fools joke.

I dont like it one bit.

whitetrash
03-28-2013, 03:31 PM
This better be an April's fools joke.

I dont like it one bit.

Sadly it's not ......

Abi
03-28-2013, 03:34 PM
In this case : selling 190 FB, selling 177, 140 and 103 WI, selling 105 and 102 FA, selling 150 FS, selling .....

you get the idea -.-

Woohah
03-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Why not at least compare character/guild creation dates and give the youngest the temp name and the elder no temp name, but both receive free name change cards? I know it's not fool proof but anything's better than this half-ass operation they've proposed.

Corvettezr1
03-28-2013, 03:38 PM
guys this isnt an april fools joke, if you go to cabal latin america's website Cabal softNyx, it says on their website that they merging.. so this is a real thing

edgarh
03-28-2013, 03:40 PM
oh they doing guild names too lol... Thats kinda messed up especially for the guilds that have been around for 5+ years.

Abi
03-28-2013, 03:41 PM
The latin america server merge with ours I don't really mind it THAT much. We already survived the invasion of Globals and their hacking viets.

The MercuryxVenus thing is what really irks me.

whitetrash
03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
The latin america server merge with ours I don't really mind it THAT much. We already survived the invasion of Globals and their hacking viets.

The MercuryxVenus thing is what really irks me.

One of the reasons I went to Tera your welcome to join me lol

Abi
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Oh I already got a lvl 20 Slayer.

6IX
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
One of the reasons I went to Tera your welcome to join me lol

Actually tera did the same exact thing.

They allowed people to take the names they wanted before the actual launch/obt. Then they merged the PvP with other PvP servers and same with PvE. The OBT reserved names didnt really matter after the server merge, everyone had to select a new name or try to acquire their old ones or stay keep their Oldname +(DOT)(Server Initials).

Andrea
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
lol, A lot have been asking for it, and now all the rants and qq's...not me, I don't care if the 2 were merged. Never asked for it one way or the other. Was perfectly content in one server. What this will affect are those with high level characters in BOTH servers. EST should allow them to 'request' for character transfer to re-create another account ONLY for those extra characters the players wish to retain. The others may just be disposed of. Also, if I'm reading it right, the latin american players will have THEIR own server and not merge with NA as what they did with global. There really is no issue.

I guess the number of players in NA doesn't justify maintaining 2 servers, hence, a merger. I just hope this won't lag the new one server in the future. May I suggest PLUTO...cuz it's not a planet (anymore) lol it's a dawg.

Abi
03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Actually tera did the same exact thing.

They allowed people to take the names they wanted before the actual launch/obt. Then they merged the PvP with other PvP servers and same with PvE. The OBT reserved names didnt really matter after the server merge, everyone had to select a new name or try to acquire their old ones or stay keep their Oldname +(DOT)(Server Initials).

When a game comes out of beta you can expect those kind of things. I played games on beta that did full characters wipe when releasing to public.

A game that's been out for years tho... Are you kidding me?

zzeke
03-28-2013, 04:07 PM
lol all u guys askign for it now it comes nothing but complain haha typical stop begin childish and just deal with it lmao

Abi
03-28-2013, 04:08 PM
No. I've never asked for it. Never wanted it.

There's a reason some of us stay in Venus.

If someone wants to move to mercury, that's fine. His or her choice. Not mine. Not my friends'.

Swifti
03-28-2013, 04:12 PM
this is retarded, especially for people who have names that others would want to try and take, same thing with guild name this is a load of BS im hoping this is April fools or something

Sprite
03-28-2013, 04:15 PM
When a game comes out of beta you can expect those kind of things. I played games on beta that did full characters wipe when releasing to public.

lol what? tera did server merges like 9 months after it came out of beta and it had the same concept as cabal right now. dont see why everyone is complaining so much... just get a diff name.

ieatfacebook
03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ppls want the merges and now we got it and ppls r qq HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to the ppls that r qq about the merges

zzeke
03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
abi, QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ lol

ieatfacebook
03-28-2013, 04:17 PM
and 1 more thing when the merges going to happen

Abi
03-28-2013, 04:18 PM
I will remain civilised.

'nuff said.

whitetrash
03-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Never asked for it never wanted it and have said so
Kinda glad I quit I enjoyed the lower populated server
Might log in a few times to pk but that's about it

Flaye
03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Fail Much > <
I hope its just an april fools

Faowin
03-28-2013, 04:23 PM
So guys, Elder Scrolls Online is looking REALLY good right now.

Also, I can guarantee all of the famous guilds and character names are going to be eithere level one or scammers.

ieatfacebook
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Never asked for it never wanted it and have said so
Kinda glad I quit I enjoyed the lower populated server
Might log in a few times to pk but that's about it

ikr now i cant boss hunt no more qq

Sprite
03-28-2013, 04:26 PM
TIL: playing an mmo meant playing in a low population so you could pve all day

Andrea
03-28-2013, 04:27 PM

That's the best question.

Character

• Restriction in character creation.

Character Creation will be unavailable 1 week prior to server merge.

I do hope though EST will still allow character deletion for levels < 50.

Faowin
03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
TIL: playing an mmo meant playing in a low population so you could pve all day

She's not saying that, she's saying that she prefers a small communittee, wars are still fun and there isn't much lag and you get to know quite a bit of the people in the smaller server.

Lulu
03-28-2013, 04:34 PM
You guys thought cabal shutting down and going to est was april fools too = )

[GM] Lorkan
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM

They merged the server months after OBT/Launch. The names players acquired were reserved as part of their "OBT/CBT/Founder" Perk. I read stuff, so I know.

Regarding any concerns about the server merge. We will be collecting any major concerns and will try to provide a possible solution.

Let's keep the conversation constructive.

Andrea
03-28-2013, 04:39 PM
You guys thought cabal shutting down. Period. Fix't

No they thought it was real that's why they sold their gears and transmuted lol like rats jumping off of Titanic

Abi
03-28-2013, 04:39 PM
You guys thought cabal shutting down and going to est was april fools too = )

you mean OGP losing the hosting.

Cabal is an ESTsoft product.

Abi
03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Solution : give 1 free server xfer to all characters.

Those who want to leave venus, their choices.

Faowin
03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Seriously though with the names: if it's going to be an original and unique name then the same name on both servers then it's most likely the same owner. If it's not really original, like "xXxwarriorxXx then the oldest can keep the name. We should atleast be able to submit a ticket and say "I have the character Faowin, can you please save my name on the new server? Thank you"

tomaboy
03-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Lorkan;380804']
Regarding any concerns about the server merge. We will be collecting any major concerns and will try to provide a possible solution.

Start with taking into account how long the character/guild name have been there. Some of us have been around since Open Beta with the same names. There are many guilds out that have been around for a long time as well and should receive first priority on the name in case a number of players try to get the same name. I think that is the major issue a lot of people have with this. I don't mind the merge myself considering I still have friends on Venus (and my old costumes are on Venus) but I do mind basically having names up for grabs to whoever can log in the fastest.

TeaParty
03-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Concern: Character and guild names.
I know rename cards are being given and it's easy to choose another name but the factors that should be considered are creation dates and the level of the character instead of whoever can get it first; the same goes for guild names. Why? I can't say for sure but people will have login problems and they won't have the justice of keeping their ign. I just find it unfair for a bunch of trolls to steal one's name.

EDIT: I agree with Toma. I don't mind the merge either, it's just the names that are up for grab that's unfair.

Sprite
seireitei will now be called tea time, any objections?

Sandulf
This has been requested numerous time and now that people finally get their wishes they cry about it...weird.
I know this is not reddit but +1 (for upvote)

TeaParty
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
seireitei will now be called tea time, any objections?
I object D:<

Faowin
03-28-2013, 04:57 PM

This.

[GM] Lorkan
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Start with taking into account how long the character/guild name have been there. Some of us have been around since Open Beta with the same names. There are many guilds out that have been around for a long time as well and should receive first priority on the name in case a number of players try to get the same name. I think that is the major issue a lot of people have with this. I don't mind the merge myself considering I still have friends on Venus (and my old costumes are on Venus) but I do mind basically having names up for grabs to whoever can log in the fastest.

We'll put that into consideration. Can't make promises.

I believe the server merge is not up for debate.

OverFlow
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Rip my legendary 3 letter name expppppppppppp

dang cant cap lock on here :(

Nguyen Huy Phan
03-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Will there be more servers for Venus? :rolleyes:
It's gonna get even more crowdy ;)

zzeke
03-28-2013, 05:14 PM
im curious what will the name be Mercury or venus? or something different

Abi
03-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Ok...

How about a 30 days warehouse BB to help with the major headache you're giving us inventory-wise?

TeaParty
03-28-2013, 05:17 PM
im curious what will the name be Mercury or venus? or something different

"Second, we will be merging both Mercury and Venus to a new server. We have yet to decide on the name of the server, we hope the Great Citizens of Nevareth can help us with that."

Source: http://cabal.com/Notice/Detail?boardIdx=2844
So to answer your question, different.

zzeke
03-28-2013, 05:18 PM
nice something new

[GM] Lorkan
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Ok...

How about a 30 days warehouse BB to help with the major headache you're giving us inventory-wise?

Lorkan;380754']

Warehouse

• Exceeding warehouse slot

If the warehouse slot limit gets exceeded due to the merger, items are moved to Temporary warehouse slot.
You can only take out items from the temporary warehouse

Strongly suggest reading the Mercury and Venus Server Merge Info.

Abi
03-28-2013, 05:50 PM
that's nice and all, as in items won't disapear.

but you can only take out from that inventory. People are going to need to move stuff around, reorganize, etc. a warehouse BB would be more convenient

Peaches
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM
lol what? tera did server merges like 9 months after it came out of beta and it had the same concept as cabal right now. dont see why everyone is complaining so much... just get a diff name.

Not so easy when you have like 20 haters who can each take 6 names that you'd use >:(

It happened to casseyrene months ago. It will happen to the rest of us.

As for the server name, just go with Server North America and Server South America...

CandiCoatted
03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Not so easy when you have like 20 haters who can each take 6 names that you'd use >:(

It happened to casseyrene months ago. It will happen to the rest of us.

As for the server name, just go with Server North America and Server South America...

My fans tried to over throw me!

MasterChaosX
03-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Thers going to be a new server for Latin America? or thers a Latin America cabal thats merging with us?

Sprite
03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
name the server to xi
any objections?

Lulu
03-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Let's let people who have the same name invenus and mercury keep their name cool ? cool

NiteFalcon
03-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Let's let people who have the same name invenus and mercury keep their name cool ? cool

^^^^^

Sea
03-28-2013, 07:34 PM

aww but but but i was gonna ask my mom/dad 2 sis and 2 bro to be up that night,logg fast and steal some names... >.>

Sea
03-28-2013, 07:36 PM
and sorry but this sounds like canadian`s fools day....

Moji
03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Constructive Suggestion:As stated before by Toma, consider giving priority to those who created the character/guild name first (Base on creation date) to DECIDE whether to KEEP or CHANGE their name/guild name.
Resolutions to stealing names: 2. No one is allowed create a name other players already has.
Resolutions to those who will lose their name/guild name because of priority, they would be given some form compensation. As for what compensation, I'm not going to mention anything that would be outrageous or too much to ask for. I'll leave that for another entertaining debate. =P

Faowin
03-28-2013, 08:59 PM

Constructive Suggestion:As stated before by Toma, consider giving priority to those who created the character/guild name first (Base on creation date) to DECIDE whether to KEEP or CHANGE their name/guild name.
Resolutions to stealing names: 2. No one is allowed create a name other players already has.
Resolutions to those who will lose their name/guild name because of priority, they would be given some form compensation. As for what compensation, I'm not going to mention anything that would be outrageous or too much to ask for. I'll leave that for another entertaining debate. =P

The problem with these are that I have a Faowin on Mercury that hasn't been touched in 3+ years on a forgotten account. However, I have a Faowin on Venus that is very much active but made about 6 months ago. They should eliminate all inactive accounts from this idea and THEN choose the more active and/or earliest of the two.

Lulu
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
oooooooooooooooo-oooooooooooooooooo

Valdoroth
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
I can send a suggestion about a server merge from another game I played that had one. They simply added -East or -West to your name depending on which server you were from. Then it's not a first come first grab thing. A similar thing like that can be done. Even a simply -V or -M for Venus and Merc ONLY for all repeated names. I would say for guilds, the guild with a higher score should keep their name, while the other has the added sub-fix. Diehards that want their original name can buy a name card (for limited time on sale 20% off kinda thing). That way ESTsoft Inc. can make money still and be happy, and players not be As mad.Just an idea.

Lucifer
03-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Suggestion: A way to keep our names

GMs please put this into consideration. I wanna keep my name just as badly as the others, and when the merge happens other players might be busy at the time so they can't be as quick to change their name like the others. When our chars, for example my character "Lucifer" in Venus is the only character named Lucifer who is active, because I don't think there is anyone in merc who even plays with the name Lucifer. They either quit the game or lost in OGp. So my suggestion is to go on help desk to send a message to keep our character name because the one on the other server doesn't even play anymore. Why get your name changed into a temporary one when you're the only who plays it on the whole Cabal community? For names characters like for example, XI who only plays in mercury and there is no XI in Venus, they can keep their name because of that.

Sea
03-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Suggestion: A way to keep our names

GMs please put this into consideration. I wanna keep my name just as badly as the others, and when the merge happens other players might be busy at the time so they can't be as quick to change their name like the others. When our chars, for example my character "Lucifer" in Venus is the only character named Lucifer who is active, because I don't think there is anyone in merc who even plays with the name Lucifer. They either quit the game or lost in OGp. So my suggestion is to go on help desk to send a message to keep our character name because the one on the other server doesn't even play anymore. Why get your name changed into a temporary one when you're the only who plays it on the whole Cabal community? For names characters like for example, XI who only plays in mercury and there is no XI in Venus, they can keep their name because of that.

dude! LOL
i am not kidding,some1 in my guild was saying something about renaming to Lucifer too.kakaka

Lucifer
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
dude! LOL
i am not kidding,some1 in my guild was saying something about renaming to Lucifer too.kakaka
NO! >:O I must be the one and only!!! I already have a FB named Lucifer here in venus

Sprite
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
lol rip 3 and 2 letter names

Lucifer
03-28-2013, 10:34 PM
lol rip 3 and 2 letter names
Kinda unfair to those people though lol, getting their unique 2/3 letter names reduced to thinking of a new one xD or they will add X's o's in the beggining or end of their names

truely false
03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Lorkan;380804']They merged the server months after OBT/Launch. The names players acquired were reserved as part of their "OBT/CBT/Founder" Perk. I read stuff, so I know.

I can send a suggestion about a server merge from another game I played that had one. They simply added -East or -West to your name depending on which server you were from. Then it's not a first come first grab thing. A similar thing like that can be done. Even a simply -V or -M for Venus and Merc ONLY for all repeated names. I would say for guilds, the guild with a higher score should keep their name, while the other has the added sub-fix.

I have seen this done successfully on other sites who merged. They just add a hyphen or under score along with a prefix usually the server abbreviation to the player's name.
Now for those who wish to keep thier name or change it to something else. This was the solution I seen on other site mergers:
The site would add a name change tab on the web site login. This tab would only appear after you accessed your account and allow you to choose any one of your character's name you wish to keep or change or even augment by deleting the prefix added to the name.

As for guilds well that one is a tough one because every merge I have witnessed they just deleted the guilds and players had to recreate them. Which is a terrible solution. I think Tomaboy's idea says it best keep them by date creation if possible.

Diehards that want their original name can buy a name card (for limited time on sale 20% off kinda thing). That way ESTsoft Inc. can make money still and be happy, and players not be As mad.Just an idea.

This is a bad idea because you are asking EST to take advantage of its community while we have to deal with something most of us did not ask or ever request. There by forcing its community to spend USD on a decision EST made when there are better solution.

Sprite
03-28-2013, 11:04 PM
off topic but #1 in ladder rankings is me get @ me everyone
http://i50.tinypic.com/30d8dpd.png

LILCHAOLAO
03-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Am I the only one happy they can change all the char names they made as a 12 year old?

Valdoroth
03-28-2013, 11:24 PM
This is a bad idea because you are asking EST to take advantage of its community while we have to deal with something most of us did not ask or ever request. There by forcing its community to spend USD on a decision EST made when there are better solution. You're saying that EST hasn't been doing that for 2.5 years now with the introduction of Bronze Vouchers? As for a fact, there are tons of ppl that have been asking about this for well over a year. It's a simple matter of how it was to go about in actually doing it. A merge ALWAYS will involve something that forces players to do something that they don't want. When we were forced to merge Global Cabal we didn't have a choice, but we adapted to it. The global players lost a lot of stuff from errors and never were reimbursed.

You know as well as anyone that players will steal other's names simply to be an @$$. It's been done before many times. A simple add of 2 characters is not THAT big a change then changing EVERYONE's name to auto names (PlayerXXXXXX). They could do that AND still give TEMPORARY name cards.

Alternatively they could say the older creation date of the two names keeps the name while the merger has the temp name+ name card.

thanhman18
03-29-2013, 01:20 AM
nothing to say. Happy april fool's day :))

edgarh
03-29-2013, 01:37 AM
No they thought it was real that's why they sold their gears and transmuted lol like rats jumping off of Titanic
Wow that feels like so long ago. I remember that tho lol people were upgrading their gear and broke a load of stuff thinking the game was done hahaha!

edgarh
03-29-2013, 01:58 AM
I'm pretty sure most people did want the merge. I constantly see people whining about how they should merge the servers IG and on the forums.

On a side note i'm personally looking forward to changing my 4 year old name xD. I love change, and i love an active game. Merging for me is one of the best ideas EST has came up with in a long time.

I feel for the peeps who might lose their guild names tho. Lets hope that wont be a thing.

Nguyen Huy Phan
03-29-2013, 02:06 AM
I'm ready for the merge. Please don't f^&k it up.
I don't wanna lose anything :(
and more channel for Venus please!

Eriks419
03-29-2013, 03:49 AM
the community is getting smaller and smaller. pretty soon the new server (hopefully Uranus) will look like Venus currently does and they will just pull the plug. on a side note, i have been compiling some data during war and it seems the moment i get dcd i happen to get bombed with packets of info (about 1gig each) from someone in Greece and a few other cities. So, EST your servers have been compromised. The full data will be sent as a help desk ticket to be investigated.

Hash
03-29-2013, 04:15 AM
Selling the following names:

Romp
Cloud
Nuve
Goku
Vegeta
Han
DistroX
Exp
Tomaboy

PM me with your offers!

IFrost
03-29-2013, 04:26 AM
Game isn't interesting like it was before, now it's to easy to acquire gears.Log in every 3 months lol

Teppi
03-29-2013, 07:12 AM
The merger should be announced in game as well because some players possibly don't notice about this via website/forum. So if they use lv1 chars to store cores/dungeon entries/miscellaneous... They may lose them all in case they have more than 6 chars :|

Lulu
03-29-2013, 07:40 AM

Romp
Cloud
Nuve
Goku
Vegeta
Han
DistroX
Exp
Tomaboy

PM me with your offers!
5bil on goku.

toca4eva1
03-29-2013, 08:38 AM
• Character Slots

If the number of character exceeds the provided 6 character slots, lower level characters will be deleted.
If there are characters with the same level and one of them has to be deleted, then the one with lower experience points will be deleted.
I'm confused on this particular matter. Can you reiterate this please. I only have 6 characters.....how can we exceed the 6 character slots if we can only have 6?

TeaParty
03-29-2013, 08:49 AM
• Character Slots

If the number of character exceeds the provided 6 character slots, lower level characters will be deleted.
If there are characters with the same level and one of them has to be deleted, then the one with lower experience points will be deleted.
I'm confused on this particular matter. Can you reiterate this please. I only have 6 characters.....how can we exceed the 6 character slots if we can only have 6?

Uhm...This is a server merger, meaning Venus and Mercury will be combined.
6 Characters on Venus + 1 Character on Mercury = 7 and etc.

Davynelord
03-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Well name changes aren't a issue for me...I've never had an issue of someone else having them in any game I've ever played in my life (that's roughly 15 or so years worth a online gaming, so is saying a lot about how unique my character names are).

The part I don't like about the merge is the huge possibility of lag and overpopulated channels. So unless the channel capacity becomes bigger or EST some how streamlines the data sent back and forth, kinda like they did not long ago for faster loading times, then this merge may mark my last days in cabal because more people equal more lag and more data being sent back and forth...so if you don't have fios or something good like that, there will be a bunch of net congestion and lag spikes...I know because venus once produced such performance back in OGP days when it was very heavily populated.

Also, on a minor, yet more selfish note...it would likely mean the end of easy to find boss hunting....on venus I can log on and just channel hop and kill every boss on nearly every map...this won't be possible with a bigger population...you'd be lucky to find one boss alive per month LOL.

ON a good note, hopefully the prices of things will get better....more population means more supply and thus demand should drop somewhat making things less pricey....since rarity is what make things get listed for 5 bil...having more supply on things should theoretically bring prices down. Cabal is in desperate need of a better economy...in my opinion, it's the worst of all MMO's I've played...pricing is just ridiculous and often outrageous in cabal.

truely false
03-29-2013, 09:27 AM
You're saying that EST hasn't been doing that for 2.5 years now with the introduction of Bronze Vouchers? As for a fact, there are tons of ppl that have been asking about this for well over a year. It's a simple matter of how it was to go about in actually doing it. A merge ALWAYS will involve something that forces players to do something that they don't want. When we were forced to merge Global Cabal we didn't have a choice, but we adapted to it. The global players lost a lot of stuff from errors and never were reimbursed.

You know as well as anyone that players will steal other's names simply to be an @$$. It's been done before many times. A simple add of 2 characters is not THAT big a change then changing EVERYONE's name to auto names (PlayerXXXXXX). They could do that AND still give TEMPORARY name cards.

Alternatively they could say the older creation date of the two names keeps the name while the merger has the temp name+ name card.

Yes, yes everything you wrote is true but I stand by my first comment it’s a bad idea to recommend that we be charged to change are name back to what it was or change it to something else. You yourself here in this latest comment have an alternate idea than your original suggestion. That’s what my opinion was about a better solution than selling us name changing cards at a reduced price.

toca4eva1
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Uhm...This is a server merger, meaning Venus and Mercury will be combined.
6 Characters on Venus + 1 Character on Mercury = 7 and etc.

Sweet! Thank you for clearing that up for me. That was really awesome of you. Thanks again!

Abi
03-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Also, what if you have a lvl 79 with a high honor rank, +15 gears, etc. but you have more than 6 chars total and that lvl 79 would be your lowest level.

PRETTY sure you'd rather keep the 79 and trash a 130something with low honor. Did you guys think about that? Guess not

Good thing for me my low levels are pretty much just mules, I dont farm T1. But I know a few hardcore T1 farmers that would be really really angry to see their twinks disapear...

OverFlow
03-29-2013, 10:35 AM

Romp
Cloud
Nuve
Goku
Vegeta
Han
DistroX
Exp
Tomaboy

PM me with your offers!

willing to trade 1k tera gold for some of those names lemme know

Sandulf
03-29-2013, 10:43 AM
change the topic name to: LOL @ people caring so much about this game

Peaches
03-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Also, what if you have a lvl 79 with a high honor rank, +15 gears, etc. but you have more than 6 chars total and that lvl 79 would be your lowest level.

PRETTY sure you'd rather keep the 79 and trash a 130something with low honor. Did you guys think about that? Guess not

Good thing for me my low levels are pretty much just mules, I dont farm T1. But I know a few hardcore T1 farmers that would be really really angry to see their twinks disapear...

Send in tickets to delete the chars that you wanted deleted NOW.

So you won't have ANY that are automatically deleted LATER.

Valdoroth
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM
• Character Slots

It means if you have 3 high lvs and a bunch of mules the lowest lvl mules will be deleted to make you only have 6. Better make another account for mule storage sake.

Send in tickets to delete the chars that you wanted deleted NOW.

So you won't have ANY that are automatically deleted LATER. Its their fault for farming lower tiers.

Seriously just get rid of all chars you don't want now so you don't have to have any auto deleted. Is that so hard?

Abi
03-29-2013, 10:55 AM
It means if you have 3 high lvs and a bunch of mules the lowest lvl mules will be deleted to make you only have 6. Better make another account for mule storage sake.

Its their fault for farming lower tiers.

Seriously just get rid of all chars you don't want now so you don't have to have any auto deleted. Is that so hard?

What about people that are currently not active, but only during summer when school is out?

They won't see this coming, then they'll log in and be : WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

I also have a question regarding the Latin server.

Does this mean that the latinos currently playing on venus/merc will be moved to that server aswell?

Faowin
03-29-2013, 11:23 AM
This is what I think a good compromised way to deal with names:

1. Remove all inactive accounts from the below rules and use them with the current rules (name will be Warrior12345XX and get a rename card)

2. If there is not a name on both servers, then that name is kept(With rule one in place)

3. If there is still two names on both servers, then the character that has been created the first gets to keep the name. The other name will get the name with a server add-on and a character rename card as well(example: Faowin-M or Faowin_M)

4. Character rename cards will not be deleted after a set period of time to allow the people who play when school is out to have time to change their character name if need be.

Sea
03-29-2013, 11:39 AM
lol

Sea
03-29-2013, 11:42 AM
umm quick question....
am i the only1 thinking this is an april`s fools joke?:confused::confused:

Faowin
03-29-2013, 12:01 PM
umm quick question....

I'm hoping it is.

LILCHAOLAO
03-29-2013, 12:11 PM
It's not.

truely false
03-29-2013, 12:18 PM
umm quick question....

I'm hoping it is.

This is the responce from Lorkan as you can see its no joke.

Lorkan;380815']I believe the server merge is not up for debate.

Andrea
03-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Repeated for (most) relevance:

Well name changes aren't a issue for me...I've never had an issue of someone else having them in any game I've ever played in my life (that's roughly 15 or so years worth a online gaming, so is saying a lot about how unique my character names are).

The part I don't like about the merge is the huge possibility of lag and overpopulated channels. So unless the channel capacity becomes bigger or EST some how streamlines the data sent back and forth, kinda like they did not long ago for faster loading times, then this merge may mark my last days in cabal because more people equal more lag and more data being sent back and forth...so if you don't have fios or something good like that, there will be a bunch of net congestion and lag spikes...I know because venus once produced such performance back in OGP days when it was very heavily populated.

Also, on a minor, yet more selfish note...it would likely mean the end of easy to find boss hunting....on venus I can log on and just channel hop and kill every boss on nearly every map...this won't be possible with a bigger population...you'd be lucky to find one boss alive per month LOL.

ON a good note, hopefully the prices of things will get better....more population means more supply and thus demand should drop somewhat making things less pricey....since rarity is what make things get listed for 5 bil...having more supply on things should theoretically bring prices down. Cabal is in desperate need of a better economy...in my opinion, it's the worst of all MMO's I've played...pricing is just ridiculous and often outrageous in cabal.

and

I'm guessing, it won't be until after the Beginner's event on April 17th (actually that event isolated the 170-179)
or it will be on April 1...when the hoax is revealed lol

Valdoroth
03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
It could be a joke, however, when I was talking to GM Lorkan last year about a server merge idea he told me his idea: Create a new server non-transferable and merge venus and mercury. The problem was that they can't not have 2 servers and a brand new empty server to start a clean slate couldn't have enough incentive for players to use it. Some people may remember me asking them in a personal survey about it. The idea of having the Latin-American server merge into is an alternative to the blank server. We already have had a spanish section of the forums for awhile so integration for them shouldn't be hard. Whether the new server would be x-ferable to or not is unknown, but for a certain duration probably wouldn't. I could see this as actually happening tbh. The reason for the deletes of lower lvs if too many is bcs they would have to ask the devs to program a code to allow more than 6, which would probably take an extra few months and L-A probably ends their contract b4 that would finish. so easier on the companies to do all at once.

Lulu
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Aside from z target do gm evne listen to suggestions ;(

Sea
03-29-2013, 10:09 PM
It could be a joke, however, when I was talking to GM Lorkan last year about a server merge idea he told me his idea: Create a new server non-transferable and merge venus and mercury. The problem was that they can't not have 2 servers and a brand new empty server to start a clean slate couldn't have enough incentive for players to use it. Some people may remember me asking them in a personal survey about it. The idea of having the Latin-American server merge into is an alternative to the blank server. We already have had a spanish section of the forums for awhile so integration for them shouldn't be hard. Whether the new server would be x-ferable to or not is unknown, but for a certain duration probably wouldn't. I could see this as actually happening tbh. The reason for the deletes of lower lvs if too many is bcs they would have to ask the devs to program a code to allow more than 6, which would probably take an extra few months and L-A probably ends their contract b4 that would finish. so easier on the companies to do all at once.

lol i gotta admit i remember you saying that in guild when u where in merc. but the reason that makes me think it is a joke is the way they are putting it...like for example
the names: if u ask me this is mainly our server so the ppl with the temp rename card should be them not us.
the guilds:it is really stupid to set it up that way pretty much the same issue with the char names tbh.
guild emblems:"If there are guild emblems, it should be changed afterwards" does this means guild leaders will have to send another emblem pic?
overall if u ask me it is set up kinda messed up and Gms not taking into consideration ppl`s suggestions and concerns and are not even answering to us.every1 knows NA GMs are not that awesome but this merger thing should be work LOT more.
to me they just posted something random for aprils fools day.and aint lorkan the troll gm?

SouthWind
03-29-2013, 10:18 PM
name the new server Moon or Asteroid, planets are overated

Tenrai
03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
7 Rename cards will be provided and account bound right?

Ludacris
03-30-2013, 09:04 AM
So many names to choose from.. :confused:

Lulu
03-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Cabal has been getting worse every update :x

Valdoroth
03-30-2013, 12:30 PM
lol i gotta admit i remember you saying that in guild when u where in merc. but the reason that makes me think it is a joke is the way they are putting it...like for example
the names: if u ask me this is mainly our server so the ppl with the temp rename card should be them not us.
the guilds:it is really stupid to set it up that way pretty much the same issue with the char names tbh.
guild emblems:"If there are guild emblems, it should be changed afterwards" does this means guild leaders will have to send another emblem pic?
overall if u ask me it is set up kinda messed up and Gms not taking into consideration ppl`s suggestions and concerns and are not even answering to us.every1 knows NA GMs are not that awesome but this merger thing should be work LOT more.
to me they just posted something random for aprils fools day.and aint lorkan the troll gm?Go read the other thread and my link. If it was an april fools, then they would be working with Latin American servers as well. It looks like the merge is scheduled for the end of April.

whitetrash
03-30-2013, 12:32 PM
So many names to choose from.. :confused:

Ima be called brolic :)

Valdoroth
03-30-2013, 12:38 PM
What about people that are currently not active, but only during summer when school is out?

They won't see this coming, then they'll log in and be : WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

I also have a question regarding the Latin server.

Does this mean that the latinos currently playing on venus/merc will be moved to that server aswell?
Mercury+Venus will be merged. The entire LA server will be moved into it's own server where Venus used to be.

Also the merge, though will occur b4 school is out, it'll be near the end of the academic year. I would actually suggest the GM to send an Email to all accounts in regards to the update. If they are inactive on those emails as well, then they pretty much already quit.

Perhaps there will be an account/ character recovery process to help those that come back after it occurs similar to that like us merging from OGPlanet. That way they are not completely lost and helpless.

DivineExorcist
03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
hmm weren't a lot of ppl urging for a server merge and now there complaining just because of names. I understand if ur "famous" or are a emblem guild, yea some noob might want to steal your name. For most ppl however its going to be fine I look at this as a free name changer XD.

TeaParty
03-30-2013, 01:34 PM
hmm weren't a lot of ppl urging for a server merge and now there complaining just because of names. I understand if ur "famous" or are a emblem guild, yea some noob might want to steal your name. For most ppl however its going to be fine I look at this as a free name changer XD.
I agree, it would be nice for some of the people that made their ign a while ago to get a new (possibly better) name xD.
Most of us are just suggesting what to do with the names, not complaining.

StereoLove
03-30-2013, 01:50 PM
my new name will be TeaParty kthx

Peaches
03-30-2013, 02:35 PM
my new name will be TeaParty kthx

uneedtogetbacktomercury >:

truely false
03-30-2013, 02:48 PM
7 Rename cards will be provided and account bound right?

It is yet to be determined how the name situation will be handled but if they go with parting out name cards then they would probably give out the same amount as characters per account. This means if your account only has 1 character then you will get 1 name card or if your account has all 6 characters then 6 name cards. Again this is just speculation nothing has been made official yet.

xvxURIZENxvx
03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
All i'm sayin is,Idk how long ya'll been bichin about them mergin venus w/ merc and now that they're finally doing it?....ya'll are bichin'

Valdoroth
03-30-2013, 09:44 PM
All i'm sayin is,Idk how long ya'll been bichin about them mergin venus w/ merc and now that they're finally doing it?....ya'll are bichin'This will happen 100% of the time.

Peaches
03-30-2013, 09:44 PM
All i'm sayin is,Idk how long ya'll been bichin about them mergin venus w/ merc and now that they're finally doing it?....ya'll are bichin'

The only complaint I have is how they're handling the names and guild names.

Should take char creation date and guild creation date into account. especially since they ALREADY have that information. It's not even hidden. Everyone can see their own char creation dates at the character selection screen, and press G to see guild creation date.

xvxURIZENxvx
03-30-2013, 09:45 PM
This will happen 100% of the time.

Cognitive dissonance?...I agree

Should take char creation date and guild creation date into account. especially since they ALREADY have that information.

Who says they haven't?..I haven't seen anyone say otherwise other than tenrai guessing we might get some AB rename cards

Nguyen Huy Phan
03-30-2013, 10:13 PM
free name change for 6 chars
I'm loving it.
make it quick Gms!

DrifterX
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Nice can't wait =)

StereoLove
03-30-2013, 10:49 PM
uneedtogetbacktomercury >:

i am back! :D

Moji
03-31-2013, 03:26 AM
Why would they be giving out free rename cards for everyone? The name issue only affect those with the same names. If you have an original name that nobody else has, then why would they give you a rename card?

Valdoroth
03-31-2013, 06:07 AM
Why would they be giving out free rename cards for everyone? The name issue only affect those with the same names. If you have an original name that nobody else has, then why would they give you a rename card?That's kinda what many of us were asking. Doesn't make sense to reset 100% of names.

Andrea
03-31-2013, 06:13 AM
Why would they be giving out free rename cards for everyone? The name issue only affect those with the same names. If you have an original name that nobody else has, then why would they give you a rename card?

Should take char creation date and guild creation date into account. especially since they ALREADY have that information.

Who says they haven't?..I haven't seen anyone say otherwise other than tenrai guessing we might get some AB rename cards

l2read (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?36972-Mercury-and-Venus-Server-Merge-Info&p=380754#post380754)

Moji
03-31-2013, 08:09 AM
l2read (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?36972-Mercury-and-Venus-Server-Merge-Info&p=380754#post380754)

Read GM Lorkan's Post on Page 4.

Corvettezr1
03-31-2013, 08:38 AM
all i know, is that lorkan doesnt wanna mission ladder me

Corvettezr1
03-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Im still with the idea, that if someone has the name in both Mercury and Venus, they shoulda keep it in general it is only common sense

LSW
03-31-2013, 01:31 PM
So when's the merge happening? ETA?

Lulu
03-31-2013, 11:07 PM
I agree on what toma said, it's questionable if they even put any thoughts to this game lol :/

alhifnawy3
04-01-2013, 03:51 AM
So when's the merge happening? ETA?the latin american webbsite said Iit will be from 29april to 10may....so I guess venus and mercury will merge at same time

Triplethreat
04-01-2013, 06:14 AM
Just decided to drop by and see this. People have been asking for merge, and now they QQ about it? Name issues shouldn't be that big of a deal. Granted, you will have some trolls who want to take your name, but this is to be expected. You would think there would be a way they could give people with the earliest creation dates priority to keep their name...same with guild name.

How would the guild thing work? Let's say some troll logs in and makes a guild called TangDynasty. Will that troll get the 5 year old guild title since Tang has been around from the start?

Faowin
04-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Yes they will, that's why people are upset about it.

Last day of hope guys. QQ

[GM] Lorkan
04-01-2013, 09:58 AM
I've read everything, starting from where I left off and all the way to page 14. Some of the questions have been answered by other members.

I can send a suggestion about a server merge from another game I played that had one. They simply added -East or -West to your name depending on which server you were from. Then it's not a first come first grab thing. A similar thing like that can be done. Even a simply -V or -M for Venus and Merc ONLY for all repeated names. I would say for guilds, the guild with a higher score should keep their name, while the other has the added sub-fix. Diehards that want their original name can buy a name card (for limited time on sale 20% off kinda thing). That way ESTsoft Inc. can make money still and be happy, and players not be As mad.Just an idea.

I'm pretty sure people are still going to be dissatisfied if their name has been changed to Lorkan-M. Also, the actual idea for the temporary names will be Name+Number. It should look like Lorkan1, I believe.

Having extra letters/numbers you did not intend to have from the very start is not a beautiful sight. Thus, we've decided to give you a chance to rename yourself.

Should take char creation date and guild creation date into account. especially since they ALREADY have that information. It's not even hidden. Everyone can see their own char creation dates at the character selection screen, and press G to see guild creation date.

That logic is still a bit flawed.

What if an inactive account on a different server had that name and that character was created first?

What if it's an alt character? Do you still have the right or the other person has the right to keep the character name?

and a reminder....

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE!

THE SERVER MERGE WILL HAPPEN

edgarh
04-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Why does it seem like you're a one man army? Aren't there other people who help with questions/tickets/issues? :D. You is a hard worker mang!!!

[GM] Lorkan
04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Why does it seem like you're a one man army? Aren't there other people who help with questions/tickets/issues? :D. You is a hard worker mang!!!

We have different task. I'm sure some of you have heard Kato, Surreal, and Ballade while they were on our Video/Live Streams.

Deathlymonkey
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
lorkan;381233']we have different task. I'm sure some of you have heard kato, surreal, and ballade while they were on our video/live streams.

What happened of DaiSy? Did she get a new job or what?

zarn
04-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Suggestion for name change procedure:

First I assume all chars on both servers get name change card.

Case 0: No name conflict.
Suggestion: Character retains name.

Case 1: Same character name exists in single account
Suggestion: Highest exp char retains name while lower exp char is appended with unique identifier (user will need to rename one of the characters in any case)

Case 2: Same character name exists in separate accounts
Suggestion: Calculate a weight, W, that takes into account character activity, exp, honor and achievements, W = (last active date - creation date) * (honor pts) * exp * (achievement pts).
Character with largest W retains name and the other char is appended with unique identifier
Note: This weight factor is just a suggestion and could be improved if there is more data, eg actual hrs active, but I'm not sure what is tracked by the game. That is left for the GMs.

Comment: Case 0 is obvious. At the very least, the suggestion in Case 1 should be implemented since it is obviously the same person reserving their name on the other server. Of course case 2 is the most difficult one but something simple like what is suggested above at least makes an attempt to reward players for their efforts.

-------------------------------------------------

I suggest something similar for guild names.

First I assume all guild masters on both servers get guild name change card.

Suggestion: Guild retains name.

Case 1: If GM of both guilds is from the same user account
Suggestion: Highest guild score retains name

Case 2:
Suggestion: Similar to name change case 2 using weight factor that takes into account creation date and guild score.

Sorry for the detail... Hope this helps GMs find a somewhat more satisfactory solution.

brusky
04-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Way to keep name:
1.During the merger, characters who want dibs on their names should contact hd and reserve it. Gms would then find a way to preserve the name for them whether the maybe delay maintainance and change the names for those individuals or something. Since they have access to our accounts anyways.
2. Est makes like a name cube or whatever(only for this merger ) and everyone gets them from event girl prior to merge. Everyone saves their names at the moment into the cube and they Immediately obtain numerical names till they use their name cube after the merge. (this way seems very unlikely though unless they CAN do it.)

This is a few things I thought up. Enjoi.

brusky
04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
If anyone has seen the crucible then you would understand why this name and Giuld name issue is vexing everyone. Although i believe this IS JUST A GAME and it's not worth all this fuss people are making about names, I don't think it's in my place to say that the character names are that serious compared to everything going on in the world. No I will not tell you guys to about the names. No not at all but it really isn't that serious.

But I will say that they should definatly do something about the Giuld thingy tho. That's what should be stressed. Unless it not going to go as people thing it will go.

Peaches
04-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Way to keep name:
1.During the merger, characters who want dibs on their names should contact hd and reserve it.

I like this idea. But it would probably be very hard to execute.

brusky
04-02-2013, 05:17 AM
I like this idea. But it would probably be very hard to execute.

Could be as ez loggin on ur account and Chnging ur name for u during the later pars of the maintenaince. Not like EVERYONE will do this. to some people, they cant wait to chnge their names.Prolly thinkin of new ones as we type

Abi
04-02-2013, 07:05 AM

Suggestion: Highest exp char retains name while lower exp char is appended with unique identifier (user will need to rename one of the characters in any case)

Suggestion: Calculate a weight, W, that takes into account character activity, exp, honor and achievements, W = (last active date - creation date) * (honor pts) * exp * (achievement pts).
Character with largest W retains name and the other char is appended with unique identifier
Note: This weight factor is just a suggestion and could be improved if there is more data, eg actual hrs active, but I'm not sure what is tracked by the game. That is left for the GMs.

Comment: Case 0 is obvious. At the very least, the suggestion in Case 1 should be implemented since it is obviously the same person reserving their name on the other server. Of course case 2 is the most difficult one but something simple like what is suggested above at least makes an attempt to reward players for their efforts.

Case 2:
Suggestion: Similar to name change case 2 using weight factor that takes into account creation date and guild score.

Sorry for the detail... Hope this helps GMs find a somewhat more satisfactory solution.

^ I like that. Sadly I think it would be way too complex for EST to care enough and do it

[GM] Lorkan
04-02-2013, 09:37 AM

Case 2:

Great suggestion. Unfortunately, it's too complicated. The time it will take to actually have that created and implemented would be pass due the time we wish complete the server merge.

xXCrusadeXx
04-02-2013, 10:17 AM
So realistically, how many duplicate names are there going to be....Lets say 95% of the people have a unique name and the remaining 5% share a name with someone else. Why not just give rename cards to those few individuals and just let them worry about it.

Valdoroth
04-02-2013, 10:54 AM
^ I like that. Sadly I think it would be way too complex for EST to care enough and do it

Lorkan;381345']Great suggestion. Unfortunately, it's too complicated. The time it will take to actually have that created and implemented would be pass due the time we wish complete the server merge.You hit the nail on the head Abi.

Sea
04-02-2013, 10:57 AM
omg ppl seriously stop with the suggestions...like seriouslt 15 pages with suggestions about the name crap.....
theres only 1 suggestion, let every1 keep their ing name and just give a rename card to the globals coming if u cant then screw it and just rename when the merg is over.if some1 takes ur name cuz GMs were completely stupid to actually care wut ppl think then learn to deal with it or just quit this game and move on.
if the merger is a fake then GM Lorkan is the most pathetic gm of all for posting something like this and making ppl go crazy and sh1z,i think theres a limit for aprils fools joke tho.

[GM] Lorkan
04-02-2013, 11:15 AM
omg ppl seriously stop with the suggestions...like seriouslt 15 pages with suggestions about the name crap.....
theres only 1 suggestion, let every1 keep their ing name and just give a rename card to the globals coming if u cant then screw it and just rename when the merg is over.if some1 takes ur name cuz GMs were completely stupid to actually care wut ppl think then learn to deal with it or just quit this game and move on.
if the merger is a fake then GM Lorkan is the most pathetic gm of all for posting something like this and making ppl go crazy and sh1z,i think theres a limit for aprils fools joke tho.

You need to calm down and read. I've mentioned it multiple times. This is not an April Fool's Joke, the server merge will occur and more info about it will be provided in due time.

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option.

Sea
04-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Lorkan;381354']You need to calm down and read. I've mentioned it multiple times. This is not an April Fool's Joke, the server merge will occur and more info about it will be provided in due time.

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option.
2 question;
1:how are you guys going to manage the fake names,hacking and scamming coming up?so far every1 knows each other cuz of their names and i am 100% sure LOTS of ppl are gonna steal names and do lot of things.
2:why is "EST" taking away ppl`s rights to keep their original names?i mean the border jumpers are the ones coming so shouldnt they be the ones with the rename cards?like this is our server am i right?when the globals first came nothing of this was going to happen;so why be so selfish about it?

[GM] Lorkan
04-02-2013, 11:56 AM
2 question;
1:how are you guys going to manage the fake names,hacking and scamming coming up?so far every1 knows each other cuz of their names and i am 100% sure LOTS of ppl are gonna steal names and do lot of things.
2:why is "EST" taking away ppl`s rights to keep their original names?i mean the border jumpers are the ones coming so shouldnt they be the ones with the rename cards?like this is our server am i right?when the globals first came nothing of this was going to happen;so why be so selfish about it?

You need to learn how to read.

" CABAL Latin American players will have their own server." - CABAL Notice http://www.cabal.com/Notice/Detail?boardIdx=2844

Lorkan;380754']
• Buddy list

Buddy list will remain
Buddy list will reflect the name changes
Characters deleted due to limited character slots will be removed from the buddy list

Fake names? What fake names? All the names of each players are real. Whoever acquires the name is the new owner of that name. If you happen to gave out your items/alz or whatever it is to some random person with a name you thought you knew, then that's just your fault.

Hacking? Scamming? I don't even understand how those became a part of a server merge between Mercury and Venus.

Taking your rights? We can't take what you do not have.

Moji
04-02-2013, 12:14 PM
GM Lorkan: "That logic is still a bit flawed.

What if an inactive account on a different server had that name and that character was created first?

What if it's an alt character? Do you still have the right or the other person has the right to keep the character name?

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option."

I don't know how to quote from previous posts.

You said what EST planned is the best possible option: That means that anyone can get any name on first come first basis: The flaw in that it can affect ANYONE, as any players can lose the name they played with for years by others who will take their name if they log on first and grab the name.

What the players suggested: Give priority to players based on created Dates to choose to decide to Keep or to Change their name. This is flawed like you mentioned above BUT it ONLY applies to players with the same name. While what EST suggest can affect EVERYONE. I don't see how that is the best possible option.

Secondly, If the priority person decides to change the name, the other player with the same would still keep their name and both party is happy.

With regards to inactive accounts, those players with same name could be notified via email 1 week prior to the update and reply if they want to keep or change their name. If they don't reply due to inactiveness, then it is their fault, then the other player gets priority.

With regards to an ALT character, it is still the player's right to keep that name should they created first. I'm sure everyone has alternative characters in this game and may still be active with that alt. I myself play 4 differently characters actively. So alternative character should not be an issue. With the email notification for priority characters having the same name, the players would need to reply back to keep or change their name. I'm sure some of us are considerate enough to change an alt character's name that we no longer player anymore. I'm sure some of us are even wanting to change our name even if we get priority, so the other player would benefit should we decide to change our character name. And the rest of the players who doesn't share a same name can just keep their name. Why give them a free name change (more beneficial for EST to make money from rename cards)?

Another thing, alternative characters under level 20 are 99% only used for extra storage room. So it doesn't matter if they change their name or not. I got a few characters named Upgradecoremedium,Upgradecorehighest. I don't really care if those needs to be changed.

I would be grate if you consider what I say and bring it up in the meeting GM Lorkan.

Abi
04-02-2013, 12:19 PM
All I'm gonna say is that this was very lousy on the PR side.

Announcing something like this when the details aren't fully sorted out? No date? No name for the new server? Especially just before April's 1st? eeeeeeh.... lack of professionalism there. But I'll forgive. I know what it's like when your boss gives you really short notices.

Funnily enough, the name thing isn't much of a big deal to me. The fact I had full storages and characters being used as "mules" on both servers is what gets to me.

Put it this way : I have to delete 2 characters from Venus. My storage is full. My characters inventories are full. What do I do with the items in those 2 character inventories so I can delete those 2 BEFORE merge?

That's why I was requesting a free Warehouse BB, BEFORE merge, to help with the inventory issue. I've already broken a lot of items I would not have had there been no merge and sold them for more alz than what I got out of the materials.

xvxURIZENxvx
04-02-2013, 12:21 PM
I welcome it...venus is dead,But can you re-institute the trade channel?,It worked great for other things like GVGs and SS's too

As for the new server name?...let's keep it in tradition with Cabal O and call it Saturn or Neptune

Lorkan;381362']Taking your rights? We can't take what you do not have.

lol,I have the right to be disappointed with my drops,You can take that right away :D

Sprite
04-02-2013, 12:29 PM
yes, the cabal population of 200 people want your name when you're not important

ITT: people who don't matter worrying about their names being taken

Peaches
04-02-2013, 12:35 PM
All I'm gonna say is that this was very lousy on the PR side.

Announcing something like this when the details aren't fully sorted out? No date? No name for the new server? Especially just before April's 1st? eeeeeeh.... lack of professionalism there. But I'll forgive. I know what it's like when your boss gives you really short notices.

Funnily enough, the name thing isn't much of a big deal to me. The fact I had full storages and characters being used as "mules" on both servers is what gets to me.

Put it this way : I have to delete 2 characters from Venus. My storage is full. My characters inventories are full. What do I do with the items in those 2 character inventories so I can delete those 2 BEFORE merge?

That's why I was requesting a free Warehouse BB, BEFORE merge, to help with the inventory issue. I've already broken a lot of items I would not have had there been no merge and sold them for more alz than what I got out of the materials.

GM Lorkan: "That logic is still a bit flawed.

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option."

I don't know how to quote from previous posts.

You said what EST planned is the best possible option: That means that anyone can get any name on first come first basis: The flaw in that it can affect ANYONE, as any players can lose the name they played with for years by others who will take their name if they log on first and grab the name.

What the players suggested: Give priority to players based on created Dates to choose to decide to Keep or to Change their name. This is flawed like you mentioned above BUT it ONLY applies to players with the same name. While what EST suggest can affect EVERYONE. I don't see how that is the best possible option.

Secondly, If the priority person decides to change the name, the other player with the same would still keep their name and both party is happy.

With regards to inactive accounts, those players with same name could be notified via email 1 week prior to the update and reply if they want to keep or change their name. If they don't reply due to inactiveness, then it is their fault, then the other player gets priority.

With regards to an ALT character, it is still the player's right to keep that name should they created first. I'm sure everyone has alternative characters in this game and may still be active with that alt. I myself play 4 differently characters actively. So alternative character should not be an issue. With the email notification for priority characters having the same name, the players would need to reply back to keep or change their name. I'm sure some of us are considerate enough to change an alt character's name that we no longer player anymore. I'm sure some of us are even wanting to change our name even if we get priority, so the other player would benefit should we decide to change our character name. And the rest of the players who doesn't share a same name can just keep their name. Why give them a free name change (more beneficial for EST to make money from rename cards)?

Another thing, alternative characters under level 20 are 99% only used for extra storage room. So it doesn't matter if they change their name or not. I got a few characters named Upgradecoremedium,Upgradecorehighest. I don't really care if those needs to be changed.

I would be grate if you consider what I say and bring it up in the meeting GM Lorkan.

This pretty much ends the thread for any suggestions:

Lorkan;381345']Great suggestion. Unfortunately, it's too complicated.

From the point of view of the people who look over the merge, deleting everyones names and then auto-mailing everyone a rename card is the easiest/fastest thing to do

Abi
04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
yes, the cabal population of 200 people want your name when you're not important

Your friends, provided you have any, should be able to recognize you by your skills, your attitude, etc. Those should be the only ones that matter.

I'd love to see a scrub pretending to be dromar, or tomaboy. that would just be hilarous.

What's a pseudonym anyways? Just a fake name you made up for yourself. Some famous writers had way more than 1.

Moji
04-02-2013, 01:01 PM
This pretty much ends the thread for any suggestions:

From the point of view of the people who look over the merge, deleting everyones names and then auto-mailing everyone a rename card is the easiest/fastest thing to do

That's exactly what I thought. Lol. Of course, in the end it's all about convenience to the people looking over the merge. So unless anyone has suggestions that is more convenient than auto-mailing rename cards to everyone, this thread should end. But for entertainment's sake, please continue to whine and complain.

Moji
04-02-2013, 01:07 PM
But then again, I think my suggestion isn't that complicated. I'm sure the merger can email those few players with the same names.

Sprite
04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Your friends, provided you have any, should be able to recognize you by your skills, your attitude, etc. Those should be the only ones that matter.

I'd love to see a scrub pretending to be dromar, or tomaboy. that would just be hilarous.

What's a pseudonym anyways? Just a fake name you made up for yourself. Some famous writers had way more than 1.

Exactly :) so why all the QQ about possibly getting a new name?

LILCHAOLAO
04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
If you wanna keep your name, make it a priority to get your ass online the first minute the server opens. Problem solved.

Am I the only one positive? Free name changer for ppl who don't wish to spend money on a game that won't be around forever.

NiteFalcon
04-02-2013, 03:51 PM
lorkan ill give u 4 nights with 4 red heads for 4 name reservations.

dipikins
04-02-2013, 03:55 PM
It's not exactly a horrible idea. For example, if my name is Dipikins and I am from Venus, simply just include a tag when the two servers merge... like Dipikins [VNS] and figure out a way to fix the names later on. xD

Abi
04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
errrrr no... no VNS.... that looks too much like what the viets use to identify eachothers

Peaches
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
But then again, I think my suggestion isn't that complicated. I'm sure the merger can email those few players with the same names.

It's still more work than:

1 click = delete all names

1 click = mail all chars

:x

Faowin
04-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Easy solution, I think it was already mentioned above.

You have your buddy message, change it to "I am (insert original character name here and server name) and hope for the best that you don't lose your name and have to keep that up forever.

Swifti
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahahahahahahh ahhahahahahahahhaha herpa wins i think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not so easy when you have like 20 haters who can each take 6 names that you'd use >:(

it happened to casseyrene months ago. It will happen to the rest of us.

As for the server name, just go with server north america and server south america...

Valdoroth
04-02-2013, 08:13 PM
lorkan ill give u 4 nights with 4 red heads for 4 name reservations. Don't let his gf find out and you'd probably be money on this.

Sea
04-02-2013, 09:33 PM

i dont want the same thing to happen twice like the retard of nuve did a couple of months ago taking my old wiz`s name with a lvl 1 wa and then saying "ohh i dont remember the acc`s pw to delete the char" get my point? its not about being important or not.but i guess i should be used to the extremely lame management in this game so w/e

MasterChaosX
04-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Its just a name you little twits

truely false
04-03-2013, 12:13 AM
For everyone QQ about the name issue with the up coming merger I would say take a lesson from this lyric.
"que sera sera whatever will be will be the future is not ours to see que sera sera."
Lesson being why worry about what you have no control over so whatever well be will be
and just deal with it at the appropriate time.

Sea
04-03-2013, 12:41 AM
For everyone QQ about the name issue with the up coming merger I would say take a lesson from this lyric.
"que sera sera whatever will be will be the future is not ours to see que sera sera."
Lesson being why worry about what you have no control over so whatever well be will be
and just deal with it at the appropriate time.

i like my name >.<
do u know how many chars i have had? lol
but fine ima stop complaining about it zzzzz

MamaMiaYoe
04-03-2013, 07:23 AM
April 18 is a thursday and I have a hot date -.- so can you move the date to friday? Probably weekend the game is up and going and get my names back before someone tries to steal em.

#selfishmode

Valdoroth
04-03-2013, 10:51 AM
April 18 is a thursday and I have a hot date -.- so can you move the date to friday? Probably weekend the game is up and going and get my names back before someone tries to steal em.

#selfishmode +1. I do too.

[GM] Lorkan
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
but i guess i should be used to the extremely lame management in this game so w/e

This same "Server Merge" Naming Policy has been used multiple times by different gaming companies.

I said this from the very beginning, "Keep it constructive." If you can't do that, I can help you staying quiet until you can.

Excessive whining is not appreciated.

Sandulf
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Lorkan;381505']This same "Server Merge" Naming Policy has been used multiple times by different gaming companies.

I said this from the very beginning, "Keep it constructive." If you can't do that, I can help you staying quiet until you can.

Excessive whining is not appreciated.

Can i add this?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5d3adb7c092906ffca9992c80be66964/tumblr_mjbg9pTRJO1rnhvt4o1_1280.jpg

[GM] Lorkan
04-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Can i add this?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5d3adb7c092906ffca9992c80be66964/tumblr_mjbg9pTRJO1rnhvt4o1_1280.jpg

Anyone else wants a permanent vacation?

edgarh
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
ROFL too funny...
This is like messing with the person who makes your food, big nono.

whitetrash
04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Almost makes me wanna poke the bear lol

The QQ is strong in this thread
Use the force Luke

Corvettezr1
04-03-2013, 12:58 PM
i dont want the same thing to happen twice like the retard of nuve did a couple of months ago taking my old wiz`s name with a lvl 1 wa and then saying "ohh i dont remember the acc`s pw to delete the char" get my point? its not about being important or not.but i guess i should be used to the extremely lame management in this game so w/e

LOLOL...i seriously forgot though... i tried to get back into the acc like 73265473265234 times, was before the password switches

W/E man, ima rename Myself to Lorkan W/e np, take all the names u guys like :DD lololololololol

whitetrash
04-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm willing to bet all the GM names will be taken before the server opens so I doubt you can lol

truely false
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Lorkan;381511']Anyone else wants a permanent vacation?

Enough said he's not joking.

Lulu
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
gj sending him to the shadowrealms :O!

Lulu
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
But with all due respect, will you let people keep the name if they have the name in venus and mercury? ;<

Sprite
04-03-2013, 07:07 PM
But with all due respect, will you let people keep the name if they have the name in venus and mercury? ;<

no

au532508
04-03-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't mind Lorkan's idea with the number after the name, but what if the name has max char limit without the number?

Lulu
04-03-2013, 08:48 PM
no
You just wanna sell my name!

MamaMiaYoe
04-04-2013, 08:19 AM
+1. I do too.

Oh I feel sorry for you Val. My date has agreed to move it next week. ha!

Abi
04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Oh I feel sorry for you Val. My date has agreed to move it next week. ha!

a game over a date.... sad sad

whitetrash
04-04-2013, 09:26 AM

Lol gonna be a long term relationship I see ....

iMazz
04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I got a question about this merge thing.. If I got items on your character inventory will it get deleted after the merge because i know when i used to server transfer anything on my character transfer gets deleted. im not sure if it will remain on my character inventory or gets deleted.

Sea
04-04-2013, 08:49 PM
if i see another suggestion ima scream >.<

MamaMiaYoe
04-05-2013, 06:50 AM

People carry my Warriors name when they wear the costume. So yeah, its srz between me and cabal. Date? shmex, food and free beer is fun but I can get that any other day. Name stolen on a one time merge, its a 1 shot kind of thing so....mhhhhm

filledejoie
04-05-2013, 07:23 AM
People carry my Warriors name when they wear the costume. So yeah, its srz between me and cabal. Date? shmex, food and free beer is fun but I can get that any other day. Name stolen on a one time merge, its a 1 shot kind of thing so....mhhhhm

srz bout this merge and the name. !

whitetrash
04-05-2013, 09:07 AM
When a game name becomes a priority in life something is wrong .....

Valdoroth
04-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Oh I feel sorry for you Val. My date has agreed to move it next week. ha!lol. My date plays the game with me when not here. When together we don't play the game really. We also don't care enough to worry about it too much and I'm not about to delay an already delayed date. Time is money, gotta use it when it comes.

Plenty of suggestions have been made, but since Lork said it'd been used b4 on many other servers and seemingly worked fine then I suppose we wait and see how it turns out. If you're original in creating names from the start, you wouldn't complain so much. Using z's, x's, and such to use a previously thought up name is really lame (like seriously you couldn't even think up an alternative way to use the same or similar name???) Names are names. This is a chance to be known by a new one.

CandiCoatted
04-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Or Est can let Mercury (his there's a population than Venus) players keep their name and guild and make the characters in Venus change their names! And in case some people in merc still wanted to change their name they can get a rename card but with a duration on it.? LoL, I know suggestions about this is over... But I already typed all of this so read, speculate, btch over my idea if you need to.

Ooookay back to you daily qq program dealing with merge ^-^

whitetrash
04-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Or Est can let Mercury (his there's a population than Venus) players keep their name and guild and make the characters in Venus change their names! And in case some people in merc still wanted to change their name they can get a rename card but with a duration on it.? LoL, I know suggestions about this is over... But I already typed all of this so read, speculate, btch over my idea if you need to.

Ooookay back to you daily qq program dealing with merge ^-^

Well if that's how it works Venus keeps there names cause its less work and all merc scrubs can change :)

MamaMiaYoe
04-05-2013, 10:59 AM
When a game name becomes a priority in life something is wrong .....
In life there is always something wrong. :)

@Val
Cool. Cool.

I'll feel bad though if someone takes my name, but I can get over it because really nothing to do about it, happens. If I can avoid it, why not?

Sprite
04-05-2013, 11:33 AM
S> the name goku

CandiCoatted
04-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Well if that's how it works Venus keeps there names cause its less work and all merc scrubs can change :)

But errbody loves merc! :)

whitetrash
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
But errbody loves merc! :)

I dunno bout that :)

CandiCoatted
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I dunno bout that :)

k, you got me there!

[GM] Bear
04-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Greetings CABAL Online Players,

Your concerns and opinions are highly valued, which is why we decided to allow each account the opportunity to reserve one Character name. For more details on how to reserve your name please check out the following thread (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?37149-Character-Name-Reservation).

Lulu
04-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Bear;381990']Greetings CABAL Online Players,

Your concerns and opinions are highly valued, which is why we decided to allow each account the opportunity to reserve one Character name. For more details on how to reserve your name please check out the following thread (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?37149-Character-Name-Reservation).
I wanna hug you <3

Abi
04-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Pretty decent, I like

Lulu
04-08-2013, 04:00 PM

I'm very thankful for this, but what about guild names? :s If you can it'd be very helpful, sorry for asking you guys to do so much work! =D

brusky
04-09-2013, 06:30 AM
lol uhhhhh i dont wanna brag but uhhh Name reserve uhhhhh was kinda uhh my idea ~_~

IJS...

Indecency
04-10-2013, 05:15 AM

This may be the single biggest screw up in the history of this game and that is REALLY saying something. Very Sad but He`s right =\

Corvettezr1
04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Hahahhahahhahaha i reserved cloud gg kidddddddddddddddddddddddddddds

=p

Valdoroth
04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I attempted to reserve my old name on my banned character. We'll see if they're nice enough to do it for me :)

brusky
04-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned character names get reset too so even if u cannot reserve it I'm sure u can just name change it when merge is done and over

whitetrash
04-11-2013, 07:51 AM
I attempted to reserve my old name on my banned character. We'll see if they're nice enough to do it for me :)

Being it has to be in your current account good luck with that

Valdoroth
04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Being it has to be in your current account good luck with that They said no :(

whitetrash
04-11-2013, 10:19 AM
They said no :(
Well if you would have read the rules you would have known the responce beforewasting the gms time but then again we already know you don't follow the rules

StereoLove
04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Well if you would have read the rules you would have known the responce beforewasting the gms time but then again we already know you don't follow the rules
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeng

Abi
04-11-2013, 10:54 AM

ouch lol

Deathlymonkey
04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned character names get reset too so even if u cannot reserve it I'm sure u can just name change it when merge is done and over

I'll take iRomp then np

[GM] Lorkan
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
There's a chance to get names of those blocked characters, since all the names are going to be changed once the merge has been completed.

Don't quote me though!

truely false
04-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Lorkan;382282']There's a chance to get names of those blocked characters, since all the names are going to be changed once the merge has been completed.

Don't quote me though!

Oh, time for me to check out the banned account list and see what infamous names I might try on my mules...:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :p

Corvettezr1
04-11-2013, 07:28 PM
lorkan, got mad when i suggested the name Lorkan...aka the name of my pet Fish... he got mad =[

Valdoroth
04-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Well if you would have read the rules you would have known the responce beforewasting the gms time but then again we already know you don't follow the rules Never hurts to try. I still actively use the account for suggestions so technically it's not an inactive account. I did read the rules.

Lulu
04-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Goku's name is safe! :')

Ayeka
04-12-2013, 04:27 AM
i wonder if our bb+ bb apx bb exp will still be in place after the merge cause on trasfers thay stop

Ayeka

whitetrash
04-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Never hurts to try. I still actively use the account for suggestions so technically it's not an inactive account. I did read the rules.

How can you activly use a account that's banned?
Something I don't know ?

I'm sure you did read the rules we know you can read I said following. Them is your issue

Valdoroth
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
How can you activly use a account that's banned?
Something I don't know ?

I'm sure you did read the rules we know you can read I said following. Them is your issueI use it for Suggestion Tickets or pointing out update bugs and such. GM Snow has come to me on a couple accounts to clarify some things I pointed out in tickets before (via facebook). I like to still help the community as a whole out.

sn0wXz
04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
holy tits.

whitetrash
04-24-2013, 08:39 AM
holy tits.

Where you been man

xFaLL3NxAng3L
04-24-2013, 04:44 PM
There can only be 1 Chingu in this game MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

whitetrash
04-26-2013, 08:41 AM
There can only be 1 Chingu in this game MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yea it takes a special type of person to fail that bad :)

Abi
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Yea it takes a special type of person to fail that bad :)

At least he's the best at something :P

xFaLL3NxAng3L
04-26-2013, 09:28 PM
ಠ▃ಠ trashy u just mad cuz i wont play tera with you . . . . D: and abi D: why ur words hurt so much -__-
<3

whitetrash
04-27-2013, 07:41 AM
ಠ▃ಠ trashy u just mad cuz i wont play tera with you . . . . D: and abi D: why ur words hurt so much -__-
<3

Lol me mad over this game nah man
I just like to pick on the BEST fa of all time...........

Abi
04-27-2013, 10:33 AM
<3

cos I cant pick on your hair anymore xP

xFaLL3NxAng3L
04-27-2013, 11:25 AM
i love you both <3 :D

Valdoroth
04-27-2013, 12:12 PM
hmm. Set up chat channel named: 'Trade' for public trade usage? Only thing is to have a lot of ppl join it at once, so more ppl will join it later and it won't "die out".

Lulu
04-27-2013, 01:45 PM
i love you both <3 :D
Shut up lokijonesjr

xFaLL3NxAng3L
04-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Shut up lokijonesjr
inb4lokicomesinconvo