PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to get a few more channels?

Abi
04-02-2013, 04:43 PM
I mean, I know Venus' population isn't THAT big

but even the "shop" chan in venus is kinda crowdy. Considering Mercury is already close to saturation, would it be possible to consider adding a few more channels? I think 30 channels total, including at least 1 "trade" channel as someone else suggested would be a good idea.

Abi
04-03-2013, 12:49 PM
-bump- Hope we do.. =/

Corvettezr1
04-03-2013, 01:00 PM
i would think more like 25 channels. venus didnt even have enuff to fill 3 channels fully, plus merc aint all that full anymore so i think an extra 5 channels should be pretty chill

whitetrash
04-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Lol my vote is they take 5 away lol

Peaches
04-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Every server on Cabal EU has 24 channels. I would expect somewhere around there.

[GM] Lorkan
04-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Great suggestions. I've brought it up to have it considered.

Edit
I can't form sentences.

Abi
04-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks!

xvxURIZENxvx
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Trade channel please...

truely false
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I would have thought it's easier to increase the channel capacity than add more channels but I see [GM] Lorkan already likes the idea of more channels. So there it is we may have more channels. I guess its a wait and see now.

Lorkan;381523']Great suggestions. I've brought it up to have it considered.

Sea
04-03-2013, 09:08 PM
not only more channels but increase the limit of how many ppl can be in them or we r gonna need more than 1 trade channel cuz of the bots and ppl who afk instead of leaving ...

NiteFalcon
04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
make ch 1 a trade channel again, with no mobs/dungeons disabled so ppl can only go there for merching.

Lulu
04-03-2013, 11:33 PM
make ch 1 a trade channel again, with no mobs/dungeons disabled so ppl can only go there for merching.
derk ch 1. #1 joke

Abi
04-04-2013, 08:57 AM
derk ch 1. #1 joke

GL ever seeing any map bosses anymore....

[GM] Lorkan
04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I've been advised that they will increase the capacity for CH.5 which was the trade channel for Mercury.

Abi
04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Eh..... really? I'm at loss for words.

If you guys already forgot, a while ago, Venus' "shop" channel was channel 8. One day, channel 8 crashed, and people moved to channel 2. Channel 2 has been the "shop" channel since then.

Saying channel 5 is the "trade" channel in Mercury is kinda wrong. It's only a community choice. There's nothing to indicate that channel 5 IS a trade channel. Just a bunch of people going in there.

If you were to say "As a temporary solution, the capacity in ch5 will be increased" then OK, sure. That's fine. But as a permanent solution it's kind of meh. Have you guys not seen how many people want an ACTUAL trade channel like there used to be?

whitetrash
04-04-2013, 10:19 AM

If you guys already forgot, a while ago, Venus' "shop" channel was channel 8. One day, channel 8 crashed, and people moved to channel 2. Channel 2 has been the "shop" channel since then.

Saying channel 5 is the "trade" channel in Mercury is kinda wrong. It's only a community choice. There's nothing to indicate that channel 5 IS a trade channel. Just a bunch of people going in there.

If you were to say "As a temporary solution, the capacity in ch5 will be increased" then OK, sure. That's fine. But as a permanent solution it's kind of meh. Have you guys not seen how many people want an ACTUAL trade channel like there used to be?

You realize that you are talking to a wall right?

[GM] Lorkan
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Really? Changing the name from CH.5 to Trade Channel makes that much a difference for you veteran players?

The names makes that much of an issue?

Abi
04-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Lorkan;381606']Really? Changing the name from CH.5 to Trade Channel makes that much a difference for you veteran players?

Hmmmm... maybe you don't realise this. As mentionned in other posts from other people, Ch.1 used to be orange with the mentinon (trade) and yes, it was different. There was no mob, and you could not run dungeons. So it was a channel used strickly for merchandising, pvp and gvg as well as taking screenshots without ugly mobs, showing noobs where things are on maps without having to worry about them dieing (such as quests places, grinding spots, boss spawn points, etc).

And yea... I know I'm talking to a wall. Just look at what they did about mission battle. People were requesting them to ban the use of pots from it because it made the game unfair and gave a significant advantage to cash shop users. What do they do? They put those very pots on sale and encourrage people to spend and use them to win. I got a good laugh out of that one.

6IX
04-04-2013, 10:50 AM
You are aware that everything has to come from Korea before they are implemented in any version of CABAL, right?

So people requesting for something to be removed isnt going to be instantaneous.

About them selling pots, they are a business. You do remember that as well right?

You may want to take a chill pill before you pop a vein.

Abi
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Business yea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_customer_is_always_right

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2012/11/the-customer-is-always-right-this-minute/

Business decisions can be either good of bad. Yes, making money is important for a business. Satisfying customer should also be important.

How many satisfied people did we see on forums lately?

whitetrash
04-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Hmmmm... maybe you don't realise this. As mentionned in other posts from other people, Ch.1 used to be orange with the mentinon (trade) and yes, it was different. There was no mob, and you could not run dungeons. So it was a channel used strickly for merchandising, pvp and gvg as well as taking screenshots without ugly mobs, showing noobs where things are on maps without having to worry about them dieing (such as quests places, grinding spots, boss spawn points, etc).

And yea... I know I'm talking to a wall. Just look at what they did about mission battle. People were requesting them to ban the use of pots from it because it made the game unfair and gave a significant advantage to cash shop users. What do they do? They put those very pots on sale and encourrage people to spend and use them to win. I got a good laugh out of that one.

A specific trade chan is kinda worthless IMO all it is is crybabies that don't wanna lose a little alz from ah
There is also ways around the fee but you are anti cash shop
As for the battle pots this is a free game they need to make money atleast they offer vouchers to allow the crybabies to have access to the same stuff as the cash shop users
It's noones fault that people are too cheap lazy or unwilling to gain means to keep the same advantage as the cash shop users

Also the GMs have zero control over what happens to the Chan or cash shop they just do what est tells them
They can recommend till there blue in the face but normally they just get blown off so stop beating on them

Abi
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
A specific trade chan is kinda worthless IMO all it is is crybabies that don't wanna lose a little alz from ah
There is also ways around the fee but you are anti cash shop
As for the battle pots this is a free game they need to make money atleast they offer vouchers to allow the crybabies to have access to the same stuff as the cash shop users
It's noones fault that people are too cheap lazy or unwilling to gain means to keep the same advantage as the cash shop users

Also the GMs have zero control over what happens to the Chan or cash shop they just do what est tells them
They can recommend till there blue in the face but normally they just get blown off so stop beating on them

Oh, I know kinda figured they had no decision powers. I'm not going personal with Lorkan or Bear or any other GMs. They're employees, not boss. The higher ups just need to get their head out of... you know.

whitetrash
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Business yea

Business decisions can be either good of bad. Yes, making money is important for a business. Satisfying customer should also be important.

If you believe that slogan you have obviously never worked in retail what so ever

whitetrash
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Oh, I know kinda figured they had no decision powers. I'm not going personal with Lorkan or Bear or any other GMs. They're employees, not boss. The higher ups just need to get their head out of... you know.
It's not up there you know what
It's in your pocket for cash where it belongs

Abi
04-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Well yea.... I didn't flip burgers or work at walmart. That's true.

6IX
04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Business yea

Customer is always right? A slogan created older than most of us. This isn't Wal-Mart, you can't cry your butt off and get what you want. I dont even know how this "Customer is always right" discussion started.

The forum goers represent a small majority of the actual players. I'm pretty sure CABAL Players didn't vote you to be their representative.

Using Potion in Mission Battle doesn't sound like a good idea. But there are people who use them. Just because you do not like them, doesn't make everyone not like them. Quite obviously someone is happy with them, they're using it and supplies has been provided for the demand.

The world doesn't revolve around you and a few other people who have the same views as you.

Abi
04-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure CABAL Players didn't vote you to be their representative.

Did I ever say I was? Don't remember doing so. I was taught to speak my mind, which I have. I don't have anything else to say really. If they are too focused on their wallets to listen, eventually they will feel the consequences. I don't speak for the majority. Afterall, the average IQ isn't that high... and that means there's a lot people with less than that. I speak for common sense.

If I had been making this sort of decisions as a PR / Marketing agent, my boss would have fired me a long time ago. Maybe us Canadians have a different view on what is a healthy business. (also maybe why Canada's economy didn't nearly crash as much as America's)

6IX
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Maybe us Canadians have a different view on what is a healthy business. (also maybe why Canada's economy didn't nearly crash as much as America's)

WHAT!? What the what!?

Did I ever say I was? Don't remember doing so. I was taught to speak my mind, which I have. I don't have anything else to say really. If they are too focused on their wallets to listen, eventually they will feel the consequences. I don't speak for the majority. Afterall, the average IQ isn't that high... and that means there's a lot people with less than that. I speak for common sense.

I believe base on your actions and your determination to prove everything you say is what everyone wants. Or at the very least, what most forum goers say is what everyone wants.

1. Claims that the use of potion is hated by everyone.
2. Claims of know what people want regarding the trade channels.

Thus, you and other forum goers made yourself "Self-anointed" representative of the community.

I guess my IQ is higher than yours.

Abi
04-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I guess my IQ is higher than yours.

No, I've just spent more time reading than you have. I didn't come up with these suggestions out of nowhere, you can find them all on other threads, if you would take the time to read them.

Blah.

Peaches
04-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Lorkan;381606']Really? Changing the name from CH.5 to Trade Channel makes that much a difference for you veteran players?

I kind of like having it be named Channel 5...

"ch5" is so easy to type >:

mauray
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Ban Abi so she can stop crying please. :D problem solved

Sea
04-04-2013, 08:44 PM
lol just stop abi ur gonna keep getting trolled.
just go to tera and tell lud i might go there to play with u guys depending on how this game looks like after part 3.
at least Tera GMs are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Cabal NA and you know that... so just leave the kids alone. =p

[GM] Lorkan
04-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Trade Channel Suggestion has been brought up. Now pending approval.

Tenrai
04-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Can one trade channel not have any mobs like old times? Good place for guild videos :D and I think adding between 10, 15 more channels would be sufficient to withhold the merge and future Latin Servers players to populate the rest of the other channels.

Abi
04-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Thank you.

Tenrai, Latin server is going to have its own server so we don't really need to take them in consideration for the increase of population. 15 channels would definitly be too much. but 5-10 channels, would be good enough to avoid extremly crowded channels.

Unless the ratio for mercury and venus is different on the channel selction, at peak hour I have counted the "blocks" for channel populations. Venus' occupation "blocks" outnumberred mercury's emty "blocks". Sooooooo yeah. Unless the channels have different capacity in mercury and venus, comes the merge, there will be players unable to connect (ew?)

whitetrash
04-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Lorkan;381661']Trade Channel Suggestion has been brought up. Now pending approval.

1128pm man that's some dedication .......

jamnotjelly
04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Subject change:
In Venus the prophecies foretold of a t5 that could actually be called a war and not a skirmish tell me could it feel like ogp war again....

well with the addition if countless viets and such that i can't understand and all the cash gear but the point is i haven't seen a war with over 20v20 on a every day basis since og lol I'm to Broke to have ever transferred ;_;

truely false
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Unless the ratio for mercury and venus is different on the channel selction, at peak hour I have counted the "blocks" for channel populations. Venus' occupation "blocks" outnumberred mercury's emty "blocks". Sooooooo yeah. Unless the channels have different capacity in mercury and venus, comes the merge, there will be players unable to connect (ew?)

I'm sure they will ether increase the channel capacity or add a few more channels at this point its just a wait and see now, so no worries.

Subject change:
In Venus the prophecies foretold of a t5 that could actually be called a war and not a skirmish tell me could it feel like ogp war again....

well with the addition if countless viets and such that i can't understand and all the cash gear but the point is i haven't seen a war with over 20v20 on a every day basis since og lol I'm to Broke to have ever transferred ;_;

jamnotjelly brings up a good point with this merge will t5 finally have 50+ player wars again. I'm sure we 170 to 190 players would love to have wars not skirmishes. One can only hope this will be so...;)

NiteFalcon
04-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Subject change:

maybe its time for me to come back then, fresh meat in T5 :D

Fishy
04-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Yesssss....no more of this 7 caps being all that show up bull...bring on the warrrrrr

Peaches
04-05-2013, 06:29 PM
If you guys think we're gonna have 50 v 50 wars daily you are overestimating the population of the other server.

truely false
04-05-2013, 11:21 PM
If you guys think we're gonna have 50 v 50 wars daily you are overestimating the population of the other server.

No, not 100 player war but at least an increase from what t5 is atm.

Valdoroth
04-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Actively, Venus usually had from 3v3-12v12 T5 wars last I knew. So daily probably increases only by 4-6 per normal war and 8-10 during busy ones.