PDA

View Full Version : Overkill censoring for a game that's supposed to be 18+?

Valdoroth
08-04-2013, 01:26 PM
1. SERVICE REGISTRATION.

1.1 Acceptance of Agreement/Age Requirements.
"By signing up for an Account and using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement, or you are the legal age required to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is greater than 18. Without limiting your consent to or the scope of this Agreement or the licenses granted herein, or any future grant of rights, consent, agreements, assignments, and waivers you make with respect thereto, you hereby ratify any prior grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers made by you. Your Account may be used only by you, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) of your minor children who is 13 years of age or older to use the Account instead of you. You agree that you are entirely liable for all activities conducted through the Account, and are responsible for ensuring that you are and/or your child is aware of, understands, and complies with the terms of this Agreement and any and all other Company rules, policies, notices and/or agreements. "

GM's seriously limit the censoring. it's pointless because of your own ToS. I don't mean the profanity, iu mean the simple words like miss, suicide, etc.

Abi
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Totally agree with this....

it's got to a point you pretty much have to take educated guesses to understand someone talking to you in English with all those ****. (Was already horrible with all the Spanish, Viet, etc)

i.e : the other day I was just telling a friend "login out" and all he could see was "***** out". That leaves WAY too much room for misinterpretation...

If you want to keep the Big Brother filter for those pure souls (lol right...) fine by me, but give me an option to turn it off.

Valdoroth
08-04-2013, 04:24 PM
If you want to keep the Big Brother filter for those pure souls (lol right...) fine by me, but give me an option to turn it off.This. Most modern games have it now. Why can't cabal at least have 1 thing to catch up with?

Peaches
08-04-2013, 04:28 PM
iss

izz

tae

Valdoroth
08-04-2013, 04:30 PM
anus in lycanus. That's a simple anatomy term. Nothing really vulgar. I mean seriously. Most of us are not kids under 12.

Enso
08-04-2013, 04:56 PM
anus in lycanus. That's a simple anatomy term. Nothing really vulgar. I mean seriously. Most of us are not kids under 12.

I think it's more funny that they named an item something that would be censored than anus itself being censored. There're a couple other items that get censored as well.

TeaParty
08-04-2013, 05:23 PM
babi
password
coli
w.

Abi
08-04-2013, 06:05 PM
ussie

but if you had the p infront it doesn't censor it. lolmuch?

xvxURIZENxvx
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
LycXXXX weps are the best

Peaches
08-05-2013, 03:11 AM
"dumb" isn't censored

but "dumbass" is o.o

Lord Kronius
08-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Pussie is like a form of puss? that ooze's out from a sore maybe?
And as for Anus? I just get offended every time I see it!! Lycanus? how immature and YUCK!

truely false
08-05-2013, 09:07 AM
The censor is just a tool that most of us have found a work around for example the F word. Players use this in all kinds of forms like f u or frac or f.uk and yes it is silly when in game items are on the censor list. This is why I agree that the game developers should consider a revise of the list or adding a players choice to on/off the censor.

RafaxSae
08-05-2013, 09:48 PM
"babies" been censored for months... i wonder which GM is under child support. lol

Valdoroth
08-06-2013, 12:55 AM
more specifically it's just babi that's blocked. Which I have no idea what language it's a bad word. Most the players probably don't. So why have it?...They need to stop treating us all like we're under 12. It says in their tos that we understand the content in the game, which is a referral to the killing aspect, and the language use of the players. Those are the two immediate defaults.

RafaxSae
08-08-2013, 11:02 PM
yea pretty pathetic >.>

Abi
08-09-2013, 09:43 AM
meanwhile you have other words that are somewhat offensive and would earn anyone a slap from my grandmother if she was still alive that aren't censored.

Makes total sense

[GM] Snow
08-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys!

Currently gathering words that are being filtered unnecessarily.

So far I got:
izz
tae
babi
password
coli
w.
login
ussie

Feel free to add anything that I've missed.
Thanks.

Enso
08-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Snow;393614']Hey Guys!

So far I got:
izz
tae
babi
password
coli
w.
login
ussie

Thanks.

Thanks, snow! :)

TeaParty
08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
iss
culo in Miraculous
anus in Lycanus
(idk about the last 2, could at least remove the censor for the in-game items ;s)

[GM] Snow
08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
iss
culo in Miraculous
anus in Lycanus
(idk about the last 2, could at least remove the censor for the in-game items ;s)

iss and Lycanus have been fixed.
I'll take a note of Miraculous.
Thanks.

Peaches
08-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Are all these words supposed to be naughty in Korean? o.o

Abi
08-09-2013, 05:02 PM
"titi"

as in : competition, comes out compe****on

Edit : Add "pota" to the list... can't even talk about potatoes!

Peaches
08-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Snow;393614']Hey Guys!

So far I got:
izz
tae
babi
password
coli
w.
login
ussie

Thanks.

add "thod" to the list as well!

Valdoroth
08-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Add 'pler'

[GM] Snow
08-12-2013, 08:17 AM
"titi"

as in : competition, comes out compe****on

Edit : Add "pota" to the list... can't even talk about potatoes!

add "thod" to the list as well!

Add 'pler'

Thanks! Added.

Killer255
08-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Puke

we cant even throw up in game. how sad

Abi
08-14-2013, 02:02 PM
yeah it's ridiXXXXus.

^ yes, we can't even say ridiculous in game anymore..... talk about irony!

Lucifer
08-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Words you should censore instead...
#YOLOSWAGHASHTAGCAPSLOCK