PDA

View Full Version : Make the game skill based again. REALTALK THREAD

Sprite
08-16-2013, 06:12 PM
All these impossible to get gears just widens the gap between the rich and the poor. Extreme upgrades, amp scrolls, sghh, sgh, and more have ruined the balance of the game. The only way for someone to compete is to spend more than they bargained for on a free game. For the people who are about to say "IF U DONT WANNA BUY IT THEN DONT BUY IT STOP QQING," I'm only stating the truth. It may be fine in your eyes, but this type of system pushes away customers rather than bring them in.

Remember in the old days when there were a good number of people that actually still played this game? It was because people were around the same level of gear, legacy weapons were the universal equalizers, and it was easier to obtain gear to be able to compete. Now, you might be thinking "oh well, there's lots of people running around in +15 sig/ forc - everyone is still equal." While the game may be like that right now, you have to remember the number of active players from now vs then. The number of active players now that have equal gear have probably spent more than they wanted to on this free game (let's say 500 people). However, the number of active players back then was probably more than 10 times the amount now.

Let's look at TERA's f2p model. TERA's f2p model has the choice of a monthly subscription, "Elite," which gives players of roughly what Cabal's premium gives - which is fine. The rest of TERA's item shop consists of cosmetic items such as costumes, pets, etc - nothing game breaking. However, the main difference between a game such as TERA and CABAL is that you can actually EARN your gear. In TERA, you can actually SEE the item progression since it's something that is bought using your time, not your money. (You can't buy top end gear in TERA, it's something you must work for) If CABAL had a system where people could work for progression (I'll give CABAL points for the honor system, since I believe it's a fair trade of time : progression), then this game would be 10000x better.

Next in line, bm3. Why the hell was this even put in in the first place? It dumbs down the game more than it even should be. I'm roughly 175-0 in mission battle, and the only thing I do is BM2 and BM3 and face roll my keyboard to death. It literally takes 0 skill or thinking power. What happened to CABAL's revolutionary combo system? The thing is barely even used anymore. Is this suppose to be in preparation for the no combo system in CABAL 2? If so, then RIP

tl;dr I'm QQing because this game requires no skill, requires RNG gear progression or extreme item shop reliability.

SOURCE: I people up in mission battle with my eyes closed and feel sorry for the people that I beat simply because the difference in gear makes no room to outplay someone.

EDIT: There is literally no more "skilled" or "unskilled" now. Only "geared" or "ungeared"

EDIT 2: This probably means nothing since the devs are in Korea - but this is just my rant.

xXCrusadeXx
08-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Tl;dr

brusky
08-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Xi back? Xi back? That's all these gamers saying that xi back? =3

Peaches
08-16-2013, 06:20 PM
I used to do decent in N.War and after a year or so of not being active I'm getting rolled by errybody >:

Sprite
08-16-2013, 06:21 PM
I used to do decent in N.War and after a year or so of not being active I'm getting rolled by errybody >:

Exactly my point :C

brusky
08-16-2013, 06:24 PM
All these impossible to get gears just widens the gap between the rich and the poor. Extreme upgrades, amp scrolls, sghh, sgh, and more have ruined the balance of the game. The only way for someone to compete is to spend more than they bargained for on a free game. For the people who are about to say "IF U DONT WANNA BUY IT THEN DONT BUY IT STOP QQING," I'm only stating the truth. It may be fine in your eyes, but this type of system pushes away customers rather than bring them in.

Remember in the old days when there were a good number of people that actually still played this game? It was because people were around the same level of gear, legacy weapons were the universal equalizers, and it was easier to obtain gear to be able to compete. Now, you might be thinking "oh well, there's lots of people running around in +15 sig/ forc - everyone is still equal." While the game may be like that right now, you have to remember the number of active players from now vs then. The number of active players now that have equal gear have probably spent more than they wanted to on this free game (let's say 500 people). However, the number of active players back then was probably more than 10 times the amount now.

Let's look at TERA's f2p model. TERA's f2p model has the choice of a monthly subscription, "Elite," which gives players of roughly what Cabal's premium gives - which is fine. The rest of TERA's item shop consists of cosmetic items such as costumes, pets, etc - nothing game breaking. However, the main difference between a game such as TERA and CABAL is that you can actually EARN your gear. In TERA, you can actually SEE the item progression since it's something that is bought using your time, not your money. (You can't buy top end gear in TERA, it's something you must work for) If CABAL had a system where people could work for progression (I'll give CABAL points for the honor system, since I believe it's a fair trade of time : progression), then this game would be 10000x better.

Next in line, bm3. Why the hell was this even put in in the first place? It dumbs down the game more than it even should be. I'm roughly 175-0 in mission battle, and the only thing I do is BM2 and BM3 and face roll my keyboard to death. It literally takes 0 skill or thinking power. What happened to CABAL's revolutionary combo system? The thing is barely even used anymore. Is this suppose to be in preparation for the no combo system in CABAL 2? If so, then RIP

tl;dr I'm QQing because this game requires no skill, requires RNG gear progression or extreme item shop reliability.

SOURCE: I people up in mission battle with my eyes closed and feel sorry for the people that I beat simply because the difference in gear makes no room to outplay someone.

EDIT: There is literally no more "skilled" or "unskilled" now. Only "geared" or "ungeared"

EDIT 2: This probably means nothing since the devs are in Korea - but this is just my rant.

Bro.. another game I would put near Tera would be Aika. U try it before?

Sprite
08-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Bro.. another game I would put near Tera would be Aika. U try it before?

Yeah, I've tried Aika. TERA looks way better than Aika and the combat system is soooooooooo much better ;p

Peaches
08-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Errybody play Cabal 2 :>

Grindy-work for your gear type of game.

xTheNexiOnex
08-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Can I get an AMEN!?!?

Sprite
08-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Errybody play Cabal 2 :>

Grindy-work for your gear type of game.

rng grind for gear =/= time:work for gear

Q.Q

Peaches
08-16-2013, 06:36 PM
rng grind for gear =/= time:work for gear

Q.Q

it's still gonna be way less broken than cabal 1 is now ~_~

could be fun for a month or two :>

On a side note I think this thread mandates this video be linked; the number of views of Cabal videos back then is staggering compared to what Cabal videos get now ~_~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGPKTqbN1hQ

brusky
08-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Errone go play Lost Saga.... leggo?

awakening
08-16-2013, 07:48 PM
bm3 is not so bad but should only be allow in dungeons. When it comes to the pvp aspect of the game bm3 should not be allowed in mission war or mission battle. People always state that if you want to play with the big boys you need to go to t5. The truth is if you want to play with some people who might have to use a little bit of skill in war you would have to go back to t2.

Mishon
08-16-2013, 07:55 PM
They want to milk cabal as much as possible before cabal 2 comes out xD

Faowin
08-16-2013, 07:58 PM
They want to milk cabal as much as possible before cabal 2 comes out xD

As bad as this sounds, I'm afraid this is right. My other fears are that about a year maximum Cabal 2 comes out, Cabal will be shut down.

ColdFire
08-16-2013, 08:00 PM
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3774/vttj.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/vttj.png/)

WAOWAOWAOWAO

Seireitei4eva
08-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Well said.

imback
08-16-2013, 08:28 PM

so true. but who care??? 100% GM dont. they onli care how much usd they can get lol

OverFlow
08-16-2013, 08:37 PM
getting facedrolled isn't fun :(

aientd311
08-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Final USD eating event before die xD

zZUnbornZz
08-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Like !!

StoneTank
08-16-2013, 09:48 PM
I should bring up a point about Mission battle, just about every FA, wiz and FB used to faceroll me in MB (my main is WA) just cuz they could spam BM3 to no end, but they changed the cd on BM now, so u can only use it like twice each MB lol not every 2 secs... so combo system comes in more useful cuz noobs are like, "OMG i can use my OP BM3 now, what to do..., oh i know i'll just run and run and run some more till my Bm3 is up again in 5 mins"

Since they did this it requires alot more skill to beat someone in MB since noobs cant just spam BM3 (even tho FB can still spam root and run or pelt u from far away -.-)

But im getting off topic a bit, point is the dev team actually thought that through, MB is more equalized now than before even tho BM3 is STILL overpowered in MB when a 190 vs say 169 -.-
or even a WA vs FA...

YES im ranting lol

Peaches
08-17-2013, 03:59 AM
As bad as this sounds, I'm afraid this is right. My other fears are that about a year maximum Cabal 2 comes out, Cabal will be shut down.

Cabal 2 has been out in Korea for almost a year now and Cabal 1 is still going strong. In fact, Cabal 1 still has a large population, and is being updated regularly like always (at least 3 more updates planned over the next 1 and 1/2 year).

Meanwhile, Cabal 2 is being criticized for not having enough pvp-content (like N.War) for endgame players to enjoy (not all that much pve content either as there are only 2-ish dungeons for level cap people to run). Most people in Cabal 2 are quitting after hitting level cap because of "nothing to do."

Mishon
08-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Cabal 2 has been out in Korea for almost a year now and Cabal 1 is still going strong. In fact, Cabal 1 still has a large population, and is being updated regularly like always (at least 3 more updates planned over the next 1 and 1/2 year).

Meanwhile, Cabal 2 is being criticized for not having enough pvp-content (like N.War) for endgame players to enjoy (not all that much pve content either as there are only 2-ish dungeons for level cap people to run). Most people in Cabal 2 are quitting after hitting level cap because of "nothing to do."

Cabal 1 in KR already had a thriving playerbase before Cabal 2 came and not to mention their version wasn't broken lol, it won't be the same case for us.

Peaches
08-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Cabal 1 in KR already had a thriving playerbase before Cabal 2 came and not to mention their version wasn't broken lol, it won't be the same case for us.

Cabal 1 dying will have nothing to do with Cabal 2 even in US :>

No release date for Cabal 2 in sight and this game already dead.

whitetrash
08-17-2013, 07:07 AM

Last I checked they sold gear in the cash shop there

LeftySlayer
08-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Biggest reason I quit. Cabal too hard now to keep up with p2p players to simply put it. It has not really bother me at all but EST just keeps pushing it and it's getting too out of hand. Combo system(Why I played for 5 years) is non existent. It is obvious they are liking the amount of cash they are getting from our dumb fellow Americans/Globals and they will continue to make them happy. The whole reason for the global merge was because Cabal NA was losing its players/money and the merger was just a reason to keep NA server alive and hopefully make it interesting again. Still doesn't change anything. Well said XI.

DjCyklone
08-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Reason I quit was mainly stated by xi, its just so hard to keep up and update gears, its tiring and hard to farm even 100mil. Market value has decreased so much that even drop items you get aren't worth the time you put to farm them. Unlike tera where you can make decent amount of currency and you can actually see you're getting rewarded for the time you put into farming. End game gears are obtainable by anyone unlike Cabal where the people who P2P only has access to them, Nobody has control over market. No I'm not trying to promote tera I'm just saying I left cabal cause it was pointless to keep running the same dungeons every day and get sh*t drops and not make any alz,and the entire system s where the only thing i was looking forward was getting higher HR i just didn't see the point of playing and doing a same old routine.

toca4eva1
08-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Reason I didnt quit was mainly stated by myself, its just so hard to keep up and update gears, yes true but it gives me something to look forward to. Its not hard to farm 100m especially when GMs have nice events that are going on right now. Market value has decreased, but that comes to territory in any MMO. Summer is almost over. Tons of kids are playing. It will go up and down. People are desperate for amp scrolls so take advantage of it, and use your money wisely. Dont buy crap gear like +15 osm 34/7 helms. Unlike Tera, Cabal Online is a much OLDER game, and still holding its ground. Whether P2p or F2p is your choice. I can tell you right now, I played Tera. Cabal Online has a much smoother game play. The moment I stepped foot into Tera, I thought to myself aw "Aion." I experimented with Tera simply because of the Hype. I lasted 10minutes. "Cabal is my preference, whats yours?"

Take a player's "epicness" and turn it into your motivation. PLAY harder. Change up your routine, stop ing on "Cabal" forums and play what you want. ^^

This is Toca and I approved this message.

Lord Kronius
08-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Agreed, the skill has almost completely vanished from the game...

And the people that spend the money on the gears or item shop only promote of further use.

In the end you have a choice to EARN it...or BUY it..=\
I still find pleasure in beating bank accounts with just earned gear.
Both of my weapons are drops =]
I aint never had nothing, start from the bottom and see where you get! I'm glad I chose to go the way I did. WOrking for something is worth more than what money can buy. The experiences and the hard work, makes it all more worth the while. It would be nice to see bm3 taken out completely ^^ Then.. their usd bought gear wouldn't matter as much.
And hacking.. I would rather see som1 hack in bm1 or 2 than bm3 v_v

Mishon
08-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Last I checked they sold gear in the cash shop there

Selling gear in shop cheap as hell doesn't break a game since most if not all players can afford it xD, it becomes a p2w game but not really broken. When you got events like ours which are specifically catered to rich players that's when sh*t go south.

RafaxSae
08-17-2013, 02:09 PM
even if they could make the game gear wise i dont think they would cuz ppl have already spend hundreds( lol i dont wanna say thousands) into this game so yeah... not like they can clear everything.but it would be good if we couldnt use certain things in war like riding a bike or increase the cd time of bms ALL OF THEM. make it more combo related instead of going 1>2>3 in bm2 against ppl and shiz.
only reason i still play is cuz a few ppl i like to play with are still around not cuz of the game is good or anything. x.x

vXLi
08-17-2013, 07:27 PM
+1

jamnotjelly
08-17-2013, 07:57 PM
even if they could make the game gear wise i dont think they would cuz ppl have already spend literally thousands into this game so yeah... not like they can clear everything.but it would be good if we couldnt use certain things in war like riding a bike or increase the cd time of bms ALL OF THEM. make it more combo related instead of going 1>2>3 in bm2 against ppl and shiz.
only reason i still play is cuz a few ppl i like to play with are still around not cuz of the game is good or anything. x.x

there ya go =p
Cabal2 NA 2015 woot

Hotpod
08-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Money cant buy happiness as well as money cant buy skills
Game is still a game, F2P or P2W is up to u

Tenrai
08-18-2013, 12:12 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEuglOFsa3eZsyT1WWa-qgMnf43I3SGG_x98d3Tg9cqtSpYjBX
Well, conspiracy wise maybe they purposely did this in order to build a form of hype for Cabal 2. "But" The last upcoming battle style I believe will bring a equilibrium to the Player vs Player content and introduce a powerful asset in the PVE world, this is just speaking of bleak hope. What use is the combo system when you are pulled? Or your battle mode 2 or 3, it is a powerful crowd control Battle style that needs to enter the scene to bring back the edge and implementing a whole new theme to the world of Cabal Online. Till then attendance, senseless dungeon grinding, and perseverance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmCVzjGVFy4

Peaches
08-18-2013, 06:03 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEuglOFsa3eZsyT1WWa-qgMnf43I3SGG_x98d3Tg9cqtSpYjBX
Well, conspiracy wise maybe they purposely did this in order to build a form of hype for Cabal 2. "But" The last upcoming battle style I believe will bring a equilibrium to the Player vs Player content and introduce a powerful asset in the PVE world, this is just speaking of bleak hope. What use is the combo system when you are pulled? Or your battle mode 2 or 3, it is a powerful crowd control Battle style that needs to enter the scene to bring back the edge and implementing a whole new theme to the world of Cabal Online. Till then attendance, senseless dungeon grinding, and perseverance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmCVzjGVFy4

It has nothing to do with Cabal 2.

Flaye
08-18-2013, 04:52 PM
RIP Cabal.. Hi Blade & Soul

Valdoroth
08-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Is this suppose to be in preparation for the no combo system in CABAL 2? If so, then RIP
Yes.

As was stated in an old interview for C2, that the combo system we currently have is "too distracting" naturally they're trying to weed it out of our habits from C1. Still a horrible tragedy to the game. I might retire from playing soon too. Think I've finally hit my "fun" limit of the game.

As you mentioned, there's really no skill involved anymore. Us older players miss the old days and will never be able to go back. There's far too many newer players who'd raise up hell if stuff were removed because it's too easy. They added new difficult dungeons sure, but they don't require skill...just insanely stupid gears or USD for those Protection of Veradrix's.

more side note to tag on:
You semi-suggest that there be like war tier-based gears that are earned by anyone who puts time into it that cannot be purchased with external means. I'd agree with that, or to make it even easier, get rid of voucher. But you know they make too much profit from that to get rid of them despite them being one of the biggest downfalls to the game and causes for it's large losses of players over the past 2 years thus losing them more valuable customers who were premium players. (< tl:dr vouchers actually lost them money instead of gained)

DivineExorcist
08-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Wow very well said. I took a few months off from this game and to return and see people running around with 20+ amp in each equipment that is too much to compete with without spending thousands to gear up similarly. I never actually tried any war past t2 but what you say about bm3 makes sense because, ch 20 which used to be my time waster got owned by randoms poping in in bm3 and clearing everyone out. This game was pretty fun before but you're right its not anymore so i think ill try some Tera or something else ( believe it or not this was the only MMO I played) but i guess its time to move to greener pastures.

xvxURIZENxvx
08-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Right now my goal is get at least 20 Gh/s for at least 0.2 BTC a day....after a few years of that,then I'll probably have enough to compete with the gear floating around.

KonaKona
08-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Another thing that really dumbed down this game was the cool down for skills, like level 20 is the same as other levels. There was a time you have to mix and match skills to balance out their CD times and damage it outputs. You really have to think about what skill to use in a combo for each situation.

TiWiH
08-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Totally agree. And also I still prefer the 3 series buff system and the old CD time of big skills. More challenging when I'm using a Wi or a Wa. I know a lot of wizzies and wa's may agree with me. Giving pt buffs don't require skills or whatever you may call it anymore,just cast it anytime you xxxxx xx xxxx xxxxx!

EmpyreanLord
08-26-2013, 01:57 AM
take away:
fade to cursor
auto target
auto combo
same cool time for all level of skills

bring back:
guardian title in nation war
miracle key chaos arena

Lord Kronius
08-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Another thing that really dumbed down this game was the cool down for skills, like level 20 is the same as other levels. There was a time you have to mix and match skills to balance out their CD times and damage it outputs. You really have to think about what skill to use in a combo for each situation.

yayyy kona you're on here =] and WELL PUT!! The skills really screwed things up big time. combo same 3/4 skills al lday? boooorrrinng. less combo breaks etc. when my II was lvl 18 and ppl were like "oh lvl 18 ii v.v gg" well yeah duh =D

ForumHavoc
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the issue is incredibly low drop rates. DP could of been game changing but cabal made it useless. They could have took out the 3hr resets and put every extender and perfect core in the game as an option to buy with a lot of DP you have saved over the months.

Running dungeons and saving enough DP to get a perfect core high once every month is more appealing than blindly doing dungeons for months and hoping you get something worth some money for all your time. At least there's a goal you're working towards.

xvxURIZENxvx
08-27-2013, 10:42 AM
The problem is the upgrading system....

jamnotjelly
08-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Vote now for cabal 09 servers and watch how many ppl come back they have enough of your money to do it =p