PDA

View Full Version : Players rigging the Auction House for cheaper prices

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 06:01 PM
I did a search on UCH and accidentally had the search on "High to Low", Right now there are listings for 3 Upgrade core highs for 1b each,another 30 for 26m each,45 for 9,999,999m each and another 45 for 5m each.

When you have sporadic pricing like that,the average listing price when you register a UCH drops DRAMATICALLY, players can swoop in and buy for cheap.

ToasterStrudel
09-06-2013, 06:20 PM
I did a search on UCH and accidentally had the search on "High to Low", Right now there are listings for 3 Upgrade core highs for 1b each,another 30 for 26m each,45 for 9,999,999m each and another 45 for 5m each.

When you have sporadic pricing like that,the average listing price when you register a UCH drops DRAMATICALLY, players can swoop in and buy for cheap.
The average price they give you is just a suggested price, no one is saying you have to go with it. And trust me, UCH isn't rare, they drop like every second; it's probably one of few items that drop as frequently as alz does from monsters. UCH prices won't go up unless a person decides to buy all of them out, but even at that the prices are gonna go back to what they were.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 06:24 PM
The average price they give you is just a suggested price, no one is saying you have to go with it. And trust me, UCH isn't rare, they drop like every second; it's probably one of few items that drop as frequently as alz does from monsters. UCH prices won't go up unless a person decides to buy all of them out, but even at that the prices are gonna go back to what they were.

The suggested price is the AH averaged price from all similar items listed in AH.

When you list a uch,It's always going to be more expensive than the cheapest one for sale because it's averaged from every other listed uch,If there were absolutely no uch in AH and you listed one,the "suggested" price would be 0.

they're doing it with UCHH too...

Killer255
09-06-2013, 07:13 PM
the suggested price is the average price of the item as it has SOLD recently, registering them has NOTHING to do with their suggested price

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 07:41 PM
the suggested price is the average price of the item as it has SOLD recently, registering them has NOTHING to do with their suggested price

no

When you list a uch,It's always going to be more expensive than the cheapest one for sale because it's averaged from every other listed uch,If there were absolutely no uch in AH and you listed one,the "suggested" price would be 0.

Edit: Good News!!

Someone just listed 14 uch at 2.8b each,driving the value of UCH down even more!!!

Killer255
09-06-2013, 08:29 PM
lol wow, just 1 word. and Yes, try registering something in AH that isn't common aka none sold recently(you will notice that no suggested price exists), list it. get on another account buy it. reregister the item, you will notice it sells for the exact same as it just sold for. you are now going to argue with me thats cause it was registered at that price. well to test that theory get a 2nd of the exact same item and try to register it on another account, it will come up as no suggested price.

yes i did just do this to test it out using ring of 7 coins.

and if you dont believe me well i am going to recommend to everyone please if your using ah to store items set them to 39,999,999,999 just to piss this kid off thank you =)

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 08:46 PM
lol wow, just 1 word. and Yes, try registering something in AH that isn't common aka none sold recently(you will notice that no suggested price exists), list it. get on another account buy it. reregister the item, you will notice it sells for the exact same as it just sold for. you are now going to argue with me thats cause it was registered at that price. well to test that theory get a 2nd of the exact same item and try to register it on another account, it will come up as no suggested price.

yes i did just do this to test it out using ring of 7 coins.

and if you dont believe me well i am going to recommend to everyone please if your using ah to store items set them to 39,999,999,999 just to piss this kid off thank you =)

I guess I'll just have to take your word for it since you offer no other conclusive proof than just you saying, "I did it,believe me"

I'd make a video of your test scenario to prove you wrong,but I'm not throwing my acct. info out there.

Killer255
09-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Nah you dont have to give out account info in videos, if you do you might wanna rethink making videos online.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 08:59 PM
How about this then....

Using your theory of AH listing items based on the items last sale price.

How come I'm still listing uch at 285k when I just bought one for 210k?

Killer255
09-06-2013, 09:01 PM
whats the average of the past few days? i am not 100% sure on the time frame but i think its 1 to 2 weeks. so you could buy one at 210k but what about the person yesterday who went crazy and bought all uch up to 400k?

Killer255
09-06-2013, 09:05 PM
and suggested price as ToasterStrudel said, does NOT dictate what price YOU MUST sell your items at. take the beginning of events for example. like this sghh currently happening, vouchers yesterday were 125ish mil. today they are 145+mil. if you register one right now its going to suggest about 130m, yet you would lose out on 15m cause thats what people are willing to pay for them right now, ah is an interesting place, you have to watch it, see what events will effect what prices, or updates will do to prices.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 09:10 PM
whats the average of the past few days? i am not 100% sure on the time frame but i think its 1 to 2 weeks. so you could buy one at 210k but what about the person yesterday who went crazy and bought all uch up to 400k?

The average price will always be low since there are soooooo many uch with different prices.

Why would someone list 45 uch at 10m each and another 114 uch at 1m each?......Because the algorithm that averages the value of AH items lowers the average price for everyone else,then all you have to do is sell a voucher for $10,buyout all the cheap cores,remove your overpriced cores,wait for the market to readjust,resell....*boom*....windfall profits.

It's a scam on the entire Cabal community.

Killer255
09-06-2013, 09:16 PM
DANG, i got you going in the wrong direction..... those people with redicouls priced items arent on there to sell. they are on there to save. its easier to store 45 uch in 1 ah spot than in your warehouse.

but no you couldnt do that, you might temp bump up the prices on uch, but there are so many found per day that people dont use that they try to quick sell leading to cheap prices. now there was a point in time where you actually could do that, but not any more not with uch, uchh, vouchers and other common items that people buy often.

Killer255
09-06-2013, 09:19 PM
btw averageing 45 uch at 10m + 114 uch at 1m + the 40 to 100 at 200k would lead to alot higher than 300k. i mean if you really wanna prove your self wrong, grab a calculator, print screen all pages of uch in ah and then average them out. i bet its alot higher than what the suggested price is.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 09:20 PM
DANG, i got you going in the wrong direction..... those people with redicouls priced items arent on there to sell. they are on there to save. its easier to store 45 uch in 1 ah spot than in your warehouse.

but no you couldnt do that, you might temp bump up the prices on uch, but there are so many found per day that people dont use that they try to quick sell leading to cheap prices. now there was a point in time where you actually could do that, but not any more not with uch, uchh, vouchers and other common items that people buy often.

Using AH for storage is a smoke screen...No one puts that much uch into AH with varied overpricing unless they know that 99% of the community will always underbid and add to the domino effect of driving prices down for personal gain.

Killer255
09-06-2013, 09:23 PM
believe what you want, i am done trying to help noobs like your self understand stuff that is beyond your grasps.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
believe what you want, i am done trying to help noobs like your self understand stuff that is beyond your grasps.

Likely response from someone who is wrong.

ToasterStrudel
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Let's all put UCH up for 39b each for "personal gains."
Might make him complain more about trivial things and get a petition signed to remove Auction House.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 09:47 PM
yeah,exposing a scam on the entire Cabal community is so trivial...I'm sorry guise.

ToasterStrudel
09-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Again, listed average prices do not dictate what you have to sell your item(s) at. Also, how does having items at a ridiculously higher price lower the average? You're basically saying 40b of UCH divided by what, 1.5k UCH total in ah equates to uch being listed at 300k each?

Last I checked, there are roughly 1.5k~2k uchh in auction house and the lowest price is 900k, when I put a one up, it's listed at 1m+

xvxURIZENxvx
09-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Again, listed average prices do not dictate what you have to sell your item(s) at.

That's a straw hat argument,there isn't even a guarantee that your item would sell at an average listed price since someone is always going to underbid you.

Also, how does having items at a ridiculously higher price lower the average? You're basically saying 40b of UCH divided by what, 1.5k UCH total in ah equates to uch being listed at 300k each?

Yes,with all the uch in AH it creates a domino effect from underbidding,When someone puts UCH in for 1b each and another or same person put anther UCH at 50m,The AH averages the suggested sale price right in the middle,The more people who underbid to quicksell the lower the average gets.

There's more UCH sitting in AH under 1m than there are UCM and UCHH in AH combined

Last I checked, there are roughly 1.5k~2k uchh in auction house and the lowest price is 900k, when I put a one up, it's listed at 1m+

Yes,with all the uchh in AH it creates a domino effect from underbidding,When someone puts UCHH in for 1b each and another or same person puts anther UCHH at 50m,The AH averages the suggested sale price right in the middle,The more people who underbid to quicksell,the lower the average price gets.

Enso
09-07-2013, 12:22 AM
I must be missing something.

Let's say there's a bunch of items (UCH, for instance). Their values are 8, 10, 20, 5, 13, and 7. Average being 10.5.

Now let's add in some larger numbers: 50, 80, and 70. The average is now 29.2.

So how does adding items at an increased price decrease average value?

As for your underbidding theory, which would mean people are *not* using the suggested price so there goes that part of your argument, someone looking to underbid would look at the cheapest price, and go 10k, 15k below that. What kind of under bidder looks at the *highest* price and bids lower than that? An idiotic one. That's what.

You can either argue that people take the suggested price and that adding UCH at a higher price makes the average lower (what?) or you can argue that people are under bidding and that adding UCH at a higher price will make them bid lower (what?). Take your pick. I really hope I'm missing some fundamental part of your case you haven't shared.

(Also, what the heck is a "straw hat" argument? I think what you were going for is straw man, and that argument was not a straw man argument.)

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 12:48 AM
I must be missing something.

Let's say there's a bunch of items (UCH, for instance). Their values are 8, 10, 20, 5, 13, and 7. Average being 10.5.

Now let's add in some larger numbers: 50, 80, and 70. The average is now 29.2.

So how does adding items at an increased price decrease average value?

As for your underbidding theory, which would mean people are *not* using the suggested price so there goes that part of your argument, someone looking to underbid would look at the cheapest price, and go 10k, 15k below that. What kind of under bidder looks at the *highest* price and bids lower than that? An idiotic one. That's what.

You can either argue that people take the suggested price and that adding UCH at a higher price makes the average lower (what?) or you can argue that people are under bidding and that adding UCH at a higher price will make them bid lower (what?). Take your pick. I really hope I'm missing some fundamental part of your case you haven't shared.

(Also, what the heck is a "straw hat" argument? I think what you were going for is straw man, and that argument was not a straw man argument.)

You can't use low numbers in comparison,It will give you an inaccurate average.Think of it like this,There are 3000 8's,6 500's and 1 or 2 70,000's,It's the underbidding mixed in with the overall quantity of cores being affected by a dozen or so "storage" users.

Roughly 99.9% of the community sees the average price before completing a listing and an impression is already made on them of the sale's potential,Some just check the lowest price and list it from 1-w/e alz lower just to get paid.

And I just got done reading a bunch of one piece :D

Enso
09-07-2013, 01:03 AM
You can't use low numbers in comparison,It will give you an inaccurate average.Think of it like this,There are 3000 8's,6 500's and 1 or 2 70,000's,It's the underbidding mixed in with the overall quantity of cores being affected by a dozen or so "storage" users.

Roughly 99.9% of the community sees the average price before completing a listing and an impression is already made on them of the sale's potential,Some just check the lowest price and list it from 1-w/e alz lower just to get paid.

And I just got done reading a bunch of one piece :D

What you said made no sense. However, I have deciphered what you meant originally. It is wrong. No matter how many there are, adding an item with higher value than the average cannot lower the average. It is incoherent.

Let's go with your example, 3,000 8's, 6 500's, and 2 70,000's. Average is 55.5.

Now add in a 60,000. "Undercutting" the two 70,000's. Average is now 75.4. Price went *up*.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 01:11 AM
What you said made no sense. However, I have deciphered what you meant originally. It is wrong. No matter how many there are, adding an item with higher value than the average cannot lower the average. It is incoherent.

Let's go with your example, 3,000 8's, 6 500's, and 2 70,000's. Average is 55.5.

Now add in a 60,000. "Undercutting" the two 70,000's. Average is now 75.4. Price went *up*.

Exactly,But instead they just remove one of the 70,000's and 1 or 2 500's and the average skyrockets,Mass buy all the cheap cores,Wait for the market to balance itself out,Sell cores,Return the 70,000 and the 500's,Average plummets,Rinse,repeat.

ToasterStrudel
09-07-2013, 06:54 AM
That's a straw hat argument,there isn't even a guarantee that your item would sell at an average listed price since someone is always going to underbid you.

How is that a Straw Man Argument? Just because people can't be patient and undercut everyone's UCH doesn't mean your cores won't sell at average price either.

How will more people undercutting on cores lower the average? We're talking about roughly 6b worth of UCH that's registered in auction house...let's say there's 2k UCH, the average is 3m...It would take at least 20k more cores being undercut to barely reach the averaged price.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 09:34 AM
How will more people undercutting on cores lower the average?

Yes,with all the uch in AH it creates a domino effect from underbidding,When someone puts UCH in for 1b each and another or same person put anther UCH at 50m,The AH averages the suggested sale price right in the middle,The more people who underbid to quicksell,the lower the average gets.

We're talking about roughly 6b worth of UCH that's registered in auction house...let's say there's 2k UCH, the average is 3m...It would take at least 20k more cores being undercut to barely reach the averaged price.

Except the average isn't 3m,It's 250k,If you capped the listing price of uch at 1.5m (event girl yul prices),The value of uch would go up.

Peaches
09-07-2013, 09:50 AM
So gaiz. Who here has an MBA in Finances.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 10:53 AM
...let's say there's 2k UCH

There's about 10k uch in AH right now,give or take a few hundred.

Blager2
09-07-2013, 11:59 AM
The suggested prices update once daily.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 12:20 PM
The suggested prices update once daily.

Your source?

TeaParty
09-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Your source?

Sig Blade is initially listed at 0, I put it up for 2m and went on another account to buy it. I try to put it up again but it gets listed at 0 (didn't have that screenshot). When I try to put it up again today, it's listed at 2m. So Killer was correct on his explanation, it's just that he was missing the "updated daily" aspect, which Blager had just pointed out.

EDIT: I'm not saying your explanation of the uch prices being split right in the middle is wrong either, just thought I'd clarify what Killer/Blager has been saying. I for one have no clue what your overall point of making this thread was but good luck?

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I guess I have to take your word because those pics can't be faked at all....

TeaParty
09-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Not saying you have to take my word for it or not. I'd obviously go through the trouble of photoshopping 5 screenshots to prove my point...not.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Why would you use photoshop?

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/Setzer1979/Cabal130907-1433-Ver360-0000_zpsad96118b.jpg

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/Setzer1979/Cabal130907-1433-Ver360-0001_zpsccd56d9a.jpg

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Right now the scammers just removed all UCHH over 100m and the average is slowly readjusting.

Same thing with UCH,all over 9,999,999m have been removed except for 3 at 1b each.

The average prices are slowly rising on both as the market balances itself out.

TeaParty
09-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Care to elaborate on what you did with the Osmium cores? All I see is the suggested listed price of 0 and then you putting it to 40b. If the 0 is the point that you're trying to make, I'm pretty sure craft items are averaged based on how many you sell per stack (i.e 22 osm cores going for 1m is going to be averaged seperately from 44osm cores going for 2m) but I don't buy craft mats nor do I craft so I could be wrong.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I put them back in my inventory,And 0 wasn't the average price,I zeroed it out.

TeaParty
09-07-2013, 08:58 PM
What was the point of attaching those screenshots then <_<

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM
To prove that your screenshots prove nothing.....

The reason your sig-blade listed for 0 is because there were no other 0 slot pc 1 slot drop +0 blades in AH to compare the price too.

TeaParty
09-07-2013, 10:23 PM
To prove that your screenshots prove nothing.....

The reason your sig-blade listed for 0 is because there were no other 0 slot pc 1 slot drop +0 blades in AH to compare the price too.
I wasn't even trying to prove anything...? I only posted the screenshots cause you questioned blager on where his sources came from that suggested listed prices of items change on a daily basis; which is why I specifically chose the sig blade.

Let's make a petition to remove Auction House from Cabal because we're all being scammed as a community through overpriced UCH that apparently lowers the average of its actual worth. Everyone will be so happy to spend heaps of hours looking through personal shops to find what they want. And while we're at it, let's make a petition to make nation war more balanced by increasing the minimum level requirements of items. Oh wait, that would lower the average prices of crafstman gear being sold because of the "undercutting domino effect."
Anyways, I'm done here. You win. #powerofcommunity.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 10:36 PM
I wasn't even trying to prove anything...? I only posted the screenshots cause you questioned blager on where his sources came from that suggested listed prices of items change on a daily basis; which is why I specifically chose the sig blade.

Let's make a petition to remove Auction House from Cabal because we're all being scammed as a community through overpriced UCH that apparently lowers the average of its actual worth. Everyone will be so happy to spend heaps of hours looking through personal shops to find what they want. And while we're at it, let's make a petition to make nation war more balanced by increasing the minimum level requirements of items. Oh wait, that would lower the average prices of crafstman gear being sold because of the "undercutting domino effect."
Anyways, I'm done here. You win. #powerofcommunity.

Sig Blade is initially listed at 0, I put it up for 2m and went on another account to buy it. I try to put it up again but it gets listed at 0 (didn't have that screenshot). When I try to put it up again today, it's listed at 2m. So Killer was correct on his explanation, it's just that he was missing the "updated daily" aspect, which Blager had just pointed out.

EDIT: I'm not saying your explanation of the uch prices being split right in the middle is wrong either, just thought I'd clarify what Killer/Blager has been saying. I for one have no clue what your overall point of making this thread was but good luck?

We don't have to get rid of the Auction house,just ban the people scamming the system.

Out of curiosity...are those 7 UCM's at 7m ea?

SoulKnight
09-07-2013, 10:48 PM
The price of a couple uch at 1b or more doesnt affect the uch market. For instance however the avg price its irrelevant. why is it irrelevant well because if everyone were to put there uch at 300k u would have to be refreshing until urs were at the bottom so they would be sold sooner. There are ppl who would rather sell for cheaper and put it in for 290k and lose a few alz. then come more ppl and they sell for 280k. and as you see theres a big chain that lowers the price. Supply and Demand doesnt even work in this case to give you the equilibrium aka the avg price because there is no marginal cost. It doesnt cost you anything to produce the uch (you can argue the entry but receiving so many cores it makes marginal cost so low its not worth mentioning) therefore the seller will sell at any price because no matter what they are having producer surplus nonetheless

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 10:53 PM
The price of a couple uch at 1b or more doesnt affect the uch market. For instance however the avg price its irrelevant. why is it irrelevant well because if everyone were to put there uch at 300k u would have to be refreshing until urs were at the bottom so they would be sold sooner. There are ppl who would rather sell for cheaper and put it in for 290k and lose a few alz. then come more ppl and they sell for 280k. and as you see theres a big chain that lowers the price. Supply and Demand doesnt even work in this case to give you the equilibrium aka the avg price because there is no marginal cost. It doesnt cost you anything to produce the uch (you can argue the entry but receiving so many cores it makes marginal cost so low its not worth mentioning) therefore the seller will sell at any price because no matter what they are having producer surplus nonetheless

Yes,that's the underbidding domino effect that lowers the average,You can't have a few cores for a bil and a few hundred cores for a few hundred mil and tens of thousands under 1m and not expect the math to adjust itself.

And no,If everyone put in their UCH at 300k,the last person to put in their uch would get first sale.

SoulKnight
09-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes,that's the domino effect that lowers the average,and No,If everyone put in their UCH at 300k,the last person to put in their uch would get first sale.

yea well ppl arent gonna buy ur uch right when u put them in. so u lower price so they sell cheaper then other persons. and even if u dont lower price whats to stop the next person puttign them cheaper then you? and ur logic is flawed. we can see this in any item. say i go put a eof8 in ah for 8b. that doesnt mean eof8 r gonna get cheaper it will only go as cheap as ppl put them in for. my eof8 would not have any effect on the rest

xvxURIZENxvx
09-07-2013, 11:07 PM
yea well ppl arent gonna buy ur uch right when u put them in. so u lower price so they sell cheaper then other persons. and even if u dont lower price whats to stop the next person puttign them cheaper then you? and ur logic is flawed. we can see this in any item. say i go put a eof8 in ah for 8b. that doesnt mean eof8 r gonna get cheaper it will only go as cheap as ppl put them in for. my eof8 would not have any effect on the rest

Yes,people DO buy UCH right when you put it in,I don't know how many times I've listed uch's for the lowest price only to have them sell 5 sec. later,The kicker is...people don't have to underbid their items,They automatically go to the top of the que if you list it at the same price as the cheapest one for sale

As for the EOF8 thing,idk...I haven't had a +8 cape drop since venus to test and compare,but I also haven't been that active since.

Edit:

AH averages pricing from the top down,I'd show you the equation,But I don't want anyone else trying to scam the community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQKZg5kN9Ow&feature=youtu.be

Enso
09-08-2013, 12:54 AM
It is clear that Urizen works for EST and has insider information on how their auction house works. We should listen to everything he says because it is The Truth.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 01:02 AM
It is clear that Urizen works for EST and has insider information on how their auction house works. We should listen to everything he says because it is The Truth.

LOL,all I did was reverse engineer the math...But hey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmRaaaDH_o

Enso
09-08-2013, 01:06 AM
LOL,all I did was reverse engineer the math...But hey.

Don't sell yourself short, man.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 01:17 AM
Don't sell yourself short, man.

Ok,all I did was reverse engineer the math...in my head,while doing handstand push-ups in my sleep on top of a skyscraper ledge,But hey.

-Itachi Uchiha-
09-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Why are there so many QQ/useless threads coming from you lately?

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Who are you trying to protect?

Killer255
09-08-2013, 11:48 AM
shhh but i think someone smoked one to many joints while skipping a few to many classes

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 12:14 PM
shhh but i think someone smoked one to many joints while skipping a few to many classes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmRaaaDH_o

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/Setzer1979/Cabal130908-1254-Ver360-0000_zps5f20390c.jpg

That average price between 1,018,194,222 Bil and 99,167,041 Mil is approx. 500m

500m averaged with 45,999,999 Mil is approx. 275m.

275m averaged with 10,181,945 Mil is approx.130m.

130m averaged with 10,051,254 is approx. 73m.

And so on all the way down.....

Who stores 4 uchh at 1b each?

Enso
09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I think your math is off a little bit. o.o (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=((4*1%2C018%2C194%2C222)%2B(29*99%2C167%2C041)% 2B(49*45%2C999%2C999)%2B(6*10%2C181%2C945)%2B(5*10 %2C051%2C254))%2F(4%2B29%2B49%2B6%2B5))

If I put in UCHH at 1b, it would be to *raise* the average price, not to lower it. If I wished to lower the average price, I would have to put UCHH in at *under* the average price. That's just how averages work.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I think your math is off a little bit. o.o (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=((4*1%2C018%2C194%2C222)%2B(29*99%2C167%2C041)% 2B(49*45%2C999%2C999)%2B(6*10%2C181%2C945)%2B(5*10 %2C051%2C254))%2F(4%2B29%2B49%2B6%2B5))

If I put in UCHH at 1b, it would be to *raise* the average price, not to lower it. If I wished to lower the average price, I would have to put UCHH in at *under* the average price. That's just how averages work.

Yes and no,normally by listing a UCHH at 1b WOULD raise the average price,but with the constant supply coming in,Listing at the lowest possible price or lower has a reverse effect on the overall average.

These scammers rely on players underbidding to drop the average price,then they just pull out their op cores and the market balances itself out,Then they flip cheap cores,Or they stockpile them for upgrading or repeating the process.

Enso
09-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes and no,normally by listing a UCHH at 1b WOULD raise the average price,but with underbidding it has a reverse effect.

These scammers rely on players underbidding to drop the average price,then they just pull out their op cores and the market balances itself out.

I'm sorry you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how averages work. Putting in a UCHH at 90m would only lower the average if the *average* was already *higher* than 90m, even if there are UCHH in the auction house at 1b.

NiteFalcon
09-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I don't think I can facepalm harder

Abi
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
WOW just wow.

I felt my IQ dropping dangerously reading this thread.

First : I don't know what elementary school grade you're in, but you REALLY NEED TO RETAKE MATHS! ZOMG the stupid it kills.....

Second : suggested price is indeed an average of the price of the same item sold RECENTLY. Take off your blinders and read what people have been telling you. Still don't want to believe them? Find an item with a suggested price of 0 and do the test yourself. You'll see.

Third : The reason why UCHs price is so low is because there's nothing to do with them anymore. There's no way to obtain +15 without safeguards and echs, and if you do, you'll probably have spent more in uchs than you would have in sgh+echs. Also, most people are moving onto forcium anyways.

Anyways, here let me help you relearn what an average is :

Definition: Average refers to the sum of numbers divided by n. Also called the mean average.

Sums of data divided by the number of items in the data will give the mean average. The mean average is used quite regularly to determine final math marks over a term or semester. Averages are often used in sports: batting averages which means number of hits to number of times at bat. Gas mileage is determined by using averages.
Also Known As: Central tendancy. A measure of the middle value of the data set.
Examples:
If the average temperature this week was 70 degrees, the temperature would have been taken each day over the 7 days. Those temperatures would be added up and divided by 7 to determine the average temperature.

ToasterStrudel
09-08-2013, 01:53 PM
WOW just wow.

I felt my IQ dropping dangerously reading this thread.

First : I don't know what elementary school grade you're in, but you REALLY NEED TO RETAKE MATHS! ZOMG the stupid it kills.....

Second : suggested price is indeed an average of the price of the same item sold RECENTLY. Take off your blinders and read what people have been telling you. Still don't want to believe them? Find an item with a suggested price of 0 and do the test yourself. You'll see.

Third : The reason why UCHs price is so low is because there's nothing to do with them anymore. There's no way to obtain +15 without safeguards and echs, and if you do, you'll probably have spent more in uchs than you would have in sgh+echs. Also, most people are moving onto forcium anyways.

Anyways, here let me help you relearn what an average is :

Definition: Average refers to the sum of numbers divided by n. Also called the mean average.

Sums of data divided by the number of items in the data will give the mean average. The mean average is used quite regularly to determine final math marks over a term or semester. Averages are often used in sports: batting averages which means number of hits to number of times at bat. Gas mileage is determined by using averages.
Also Known As: Central tendancy. A measure of the middle value of the data set.
Examples:
If the average temperature this week was 70 degrees, the temperature would have been taken each day over the 7 days. Those temperatures would be added up and divided by 7 to determine the average temperature.

Urizen: Yes and no cores being undercut and sold at lower prices creates this domino effect that dramatically lowers the "average," something I clearly don't know how to calculate. But w/e I say, goes.
:3

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how averages work. Putting in a UCHH at 90m would only lower the average if the *average* was already *higher* than 90m, even if there are UCHH in the auction house at 1b.

So you agree with me

TeaParty
09-08-2013, 02:02 PM
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/Setzer1979/Cabal130908-1254-Ver360-0000_zps5f20390c.jpg

That average price between 1,018,194,222 Bil and 99,167,041 Mil is approx. 500m

500m averaged with 45,999,999 Mil is approx. 275m.

275m averaged with 10,181,945 Mil is approx.130m.

130m averaged with 10,051,254 is approx. 73m.

And so on all the way down.....
I lied when I said I was done with this thread. Thanks for giving me a reason to post again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7OX0OyQsOo

Enso
09-08-2013, 02:03 PM
So you agree with me

It is not. So no, I don't.

xYxPlasmaxYx
09-08-2013, 02:06 PM
I lied when I said I was done with this thread. Thanks for giving me a reason to post again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7OX0OyQsOo
+1

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 02:08 PM
It is not. So no, I don't.

You weren't adding the influx of new cores and underbidders into your math.

Enso
09-08-2013, 02:10 PM
You weren't adding the influx of new cores and underbidders into your math.

You weren't using the actual numbers in your math.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
You weren't using the actual numbers in your math.

AH averaging goes from the most expensive all the way down to the cheapest,When you have a few items insanely overpriced at 1b+ and tens of thousands listed from 1m to 250k,It's going to affect the average.

The reason why UCHs price is so low is because there's nothing to do with them anymore.

There's plenty to do with UCH other than upgrading items

Peaches
09-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Suggested price, undercutting, and the actual price of UCH has everything to do with how available uch are and how many people are buying them vs not buying them. Putting a few in for 99,999,999,999 alz doesn't make the suggested price go to zero.

UCH prices are just dropping because of how easier it becomes to get them with each update. Supply and demand. Were the suggested price to be affected by the actual pricings in ah, everything would have dropped to 0 alz, 1 alz, 2 alz, and the like, as soon as they added the suggested price feature (sometime in 2011 iirc?).

xvxURIZENxvx
09-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Suggested price, undercutting, and the actual price of UCH has everything to do with how available uch are and how many people are buying them vs not buying them. Putting a few in for 99,999,999,999 alz doesn't make the suggested price go to zero.

UCH prices are just dropping because of how easier it becomes to get them with each update. Supply and demand. Were the suggested price to be affected by the actual pricings in ah, everything would have dropped to 0 alz, 1 alz, 2 alz, and the like, as soon as they added the suggested price feature (sometime in 2011 iirc?).

You also aren't adding in the constant influx of cores,As long as you have people registering at the lowest price or lower,the average will always drop,Even if Blager is right and the AH does update daily,it's enough to manipulate the overall average by keeping overpriced cores in AH.

Enso
09-08-2013, 02:51 PM

^+1

Abi
09-08-2013, 03:15 PM
So you agree with me

love how he underlined what he WANTED to see and completly missed the point....

Ludacris
09-08-2013, 09:41 PM
CA, 1.2m uch, 5m uchh. Used to make a a rich back in the day.

xvxURIZENxvx
09-09-2013, 01:44 AM

love how he underlined what he WANTED to see and completly missed the point....

I saw the point,It just didn't apply to what is happening in real time,so it's became invalid.

Abi
09-09-2013, 10:05 AM
I saw the point,It just didn't apply to what is happening in real time,so it's became invalid.

but..... but..... what? LOL you really won't listen.... this is so sad

Lord Kronius
09-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Math? >.< LMAO Abi xDDD

MandaloreTheIndomitible
09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I frown upon the mathematics here...

Abi
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM
What is it you need? A GM telling you the exact same thing everyone been telling you since the start of this thread?

Can we have someone with more credibility than players to the eyes of this person speak up and clarify once and for all how the suggested price works so he can stop making a fool of himself and move on?

xvxURIZENxvx
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I frown upon the mathematics here...

ikr..it's a shame that certain individuals have been exploiting the whole community by manipulating prices in AH.

I've always wondered how Alz sellers could have a constant supply of Alz.

toca4eva1
09-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Umm guys??? Hi just wanted to say that sometimes I use the Auction house as storage..because I don't have enough room to put keys in my bank. Do you guys hate me?
http://www.williamhung.net/WilliamPic_C.jpg

truely false
09-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Daaaaaaaaaam! You all still on this issue. I saw this thread 3 days ago and past on it not because I believe or don't believe but because when you get down to it, it don't really matter one way or the other. Players are going to sell thier cores or items how ever they please. So heres lmao @ all of you for pushing a thread to 8 pages for no reason what so ever. Just let it die....:p

xvxURIZENxvx
09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Daaaaaaaaaam! You all still on this issue. I saw this thread 3 days ago and past on it not because I believe or don't believe but because when you get down to it, it don't really matter one way or the other. Players are going to sell thier cores or items how ever they please. So heres lmao @ all of you for pushing a thread to 8 pages for no reason what so ever. Just let it die....:p

But.....I'm not done skilling my alt yet. ;)

whitetrash
09-10-2013, 09:49 AM
^^^^^^ if he not crying he not happy that's all this waste of thread is

xvxURIZENxvx
09-10-2013, 10:46 AM
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/Setzer1979/Cabal130910-1143-Ver360-0001_zpsf774fb1c.jpg

Almost trans....but you believe whatever you want to believe bro.

DeadlyHusky
09-11-2013, 09:42 PM
yeah,exposing a scam on the entire Cabal community is so trivial...I'm sorry guise.

HEY BRO I JUST SEEN THIS POST I HEAR U LIKE MY STORING UCHH AND UCH and changing my prices whenever i want the last couple days on the ah all your posts make me laugh bro. get used to it glad to see i caused a 9 page forum post i do it with all kinds of items not just uch

DeadlyHusky
09-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Right now the scammers just removed all UCHH over 100m and the average is slowly readjusting.

Same thing with UCH,all over 9,999,999m have been removed except for 3 at 1b each.

The average prices are slowly rising on both as the market balances itself out. lmao i been using it to store my cores for keeping track of my quantity of cores i had saved up and was probably using them up at that time if u got the name of said scammers that be great in a future screenshot its probably me and im using the ah as a storage for the next month
get used to it

El Chang
09-12-2013, 05:03 AM
prices are just outrageous these days. whether if prices are dropping or people just put "9,999,999" for an ughh. if sig and forcy prices are dropping, then why are people being so ridiculous and spamming numbers? what's happening to our players who know how to play?

xvxURIZENxvx
09-12-2013, 12:48 PM
HEY BRO I JUST SEEN THIS POST I HEAR U LIKE MY STORING UCHH AND UCH and changing my prices whenever i want the last couple days on the ah all your posts make me laugh bro. get used to it glad to see i caused a 9 page forum post i do it with all kinds of items not just uch

lmao i been using it to store my cores for keeping track of my quantity of cores i had saved up and was probably using them up at that time if u got the name of said scammers that be great in a future screenshot its probably me and im using the ah as a storage for the next month
get used to it

seems legit >.>

prices are just outrageous these days. whether if prices are dropping or people just put "9,999,999" for an ughh. if sig and forcy prices are dropping, then why are people being so ridiculous and spamming numbers? what's happening to our players who know how to play?

Related : http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?39239-It-s-been-a-good-run-Cabal

Jessifer
09-13-2013, 08:06 PM
This thread. Makes me lulz.