PDA

View Full Version : Cabal ON STEAM, What ARE current community MUST DO

Corvettezr1
10-03-2013, 12:02 AM
OUR*************************

yo wassup, so as you all heard, cabal is getting onto steam. Which means that new people will be playing this game. Now we all know how item shop based this game could be and that there is a lot of gear that these new players must obtain in order to catch up to the average player, so here is what i propose we do:

Everyone who is ridiculously geared, and strong character, go and make a new account and create a new character to be able to play alongside those who just came into the game. Because lemme tell you, if they come into this game we are just gonna wreck them like so easy, which would make them wanna just not even play it. Which will lead to the lonely world in which we call Cabal NA online.

So tell me what you think, and if you're up for it, this is intended for those who are strong and near hr 20, that actually give a hoot about our game and want to see a future for it

Seireitei4eva
10-03-2013, 12:07 AM
If we have a large community base willing to do this for the greater good of Cabal, consider me in...I will start over on a new account as a FA. I just want the game to be big again with more players.

Sprite
10-03-2013, 12:11 AM
<removed> ima go around pking newbs all day
all hail letdown

NiteFalcon
10-03-2013, 01:04 AM
fk u btch ima go around pking newbs all day
all hail letdown

http://puu.sh/4C6go

Sprite
10-03-2013, 01:05 AM
rip

Seireitei4eva
10-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Well played.

xFear
10-03-2013, 01:31 AM
gms should give them alz/gear advantage;like whoever participated on the steam event and voted or comes from steam,to have a registration linked to their steam accs or something...

owned
10-03-2013, 01:38 AM
go on, break those 32amp pieces....;) its a start !

aientd311
10-03-2013, 02:37 AM
We gamers cannot do anything because after 6 years, we have gears already, only thing can be done is opening a new sever for newbies.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-03-2013, 05:00 AM
opening a new sever for newbies.

This.

whitetrash
10-03-2013, 11:50 AM
You people would cry if you were hung with a new <removed> rope ......... Just be happy it passed for <removed> sake

Mishon
10-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Guide to new Steam players.

1. Log-in
2. Create character
3. Questing
4. Already bored but push through
5. Reach level 52
6. Gets annihilated by 20+ amped out demon suits/boots/gloves
7. Reach level 79
8. Gets annihilated by 20+ amped out demon suits/boots/gloves
9. Reach level 80
10. Gets annihilated by 20+ amped out demon suits/boots/gloves
11. Reach level 109
12. Gets annihilated by 20+ amped out demon suits/boots/gloves
13. Average player quits
14. Handled the punishment reached level 110
15. Gets annihilated by 20+ amped out demon suits/boots/gloves
16. Reach level 139
17. Gets annihilated by 20+ amped out demon suits/boots/gloves
18. If they ain't quit by now something wrong but w/e
19. Reach level 190 finally feeling some level of accomplishment
20. Gets annihilated by 20+ amped out demon suits/boots/gloves

Thank you for trying Cabal Online :)

Tonberry
10-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm so glad Cabal Online made its way to Steam Greenlight Program! What an awesome news - not many MMORPG communities have such opportunity to revive the game, and we've been given the one rare chance to do so. Having said that, it is imperative we do it right, since this is the only chance we will get!

I'll tell you what; I started playing Cabal in 2005 on the JP Server, and guys... I am too old to really start a new MMORPG! Cabal Online is my last MMORPG, and it is my sincerest wish to see it go on for as long as possible.

Couple of things I would like to suggest to our game moderators and our active players is to:
1. Update all class guides to help new players get acquainted with their class
2. Officially/Unofficially set designate two channels for new players to be in, so experienced players know where to go to help the new players.
3. Challenge yourself by making a character with class you've never played before. For me, I haven't played Force Archers since OGPlanet started hosting Cabal Online, so that's where I'll go. Another challenge is to not use any gears from your friends or other accounts - farm everything!
4. Stop being a sarcastic pr.ick on the forum! You're really not that funny.
5. Stop making an a.ss out of yourself on the megaphone! I'm reading some of the stuff as we speak and it just makes me shake my head. Or maybe I'm just too old. Or both.
6. Make a level-up event! I'm sure the NA team is cooking up a lot of cool events for the new players even as we speak.
7. Stop farming low tier wars! At the very least, T1-T3 shouldn't have people that have end game gears that will wreck everyone into not wanting to play.
8. I plan to do free crafting up all the way to osmium for all new players if they provide the materials.

As veteran players, we have the duty - not the option, but the duty - to accommodate new players as much as possible to ensure they also get to know why we love this game so much lest the community rots off. Let's do it!

Corvettezr1
10-03-2013, 01:54 PM
As i said before, i am willing to start a new account to have fun with the newbies, as well as withdrawing my t3 warrior from t3 untill our newer players have antiquated themselves with the game

Sprite
10-03-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm so glad Cabal Online made its way to Steam Greenlight Program! What an awesome news - not many MMORPG communities have such opportunity to revive the game, and we've been given the one rare chance to do so. Having said that, it is imperative we do it right, since this is the only chance we will get!

I'll tell you what; I started playing Cabal in 2005 on the JP Server, and guys... I am too old to really start a new MMORPG! Cabal Online is my last MMORPG, and it is my sincerest wish to see it go on for as long as possible.

Couple of things I would like to suggest to our game moderators and our active players is to:
1. Update all class guides to help new players get acquainted with their class
2. Officially/Unofficially set designate two channels for new players to be in, so experienced players know where to go to help the new players.
3. Challenge yourself by making a character with class you've never played before. For me, I haven't played Force Archers since OGPlanet started hosting Cabal Online, so that's where I'll go. Another challenge is to not use any gears from your friends or other accounts - farm everything!
4. Stop being a sarcastic pr.ick on the forum! You're really not that funny.
5. Stop making an a.ss out of yourself on the megaphone! I'm reading some of the stuff as we speak and it just makes me shake my head. Or maybe I'm just too old. Or both.
6. Make a level-up event! I'm sure the NA team is cooking up a lot of cool events for the new players even as we speak.
7. Stop farming low tier wars! At the very least, T1-T3 shouldn't have people that have end game gears that will wreck everyone into not wanting to play.
8. I plan to do free crafting up all the way to osmium for all new players if they provide the materials.

As veteran players, we have the duty - not the option, but the duty - to accommodate new players as much as possible to ensure they also get to know why we love this game so much lest the community rots off. Let's do it!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20548588.jpg

whitetrash
10-03-2013, 02:57 PM
So what you are saying is the people that have played the game since day one or have been playing a long time should not have a advantage over the new players ?
Any mmo that has been around a long time that is the risk you run into playing it and should be expected why should the old school or geared players change for the new players

fusioncell
10-03-2013, 03:15 PM
So what you are saying is the people that have played the game since day one or have been playing a long time should not have a advantage over the new players ?
Any mmo that has been around a long time that is the risk you run into playing it and should be expected why should the old school or geared players change for the new playersdont worry, he aint talking about you since you sck at this game

whitetrash
10-03-2013, 03:37 PM
dont worry, he aint talking about you since you sck at this game

God I'd hope so since I quit a long time ago and my gear is well outdated by now
I also have never claimed to be the best but I did hold my own against them
It also sounds like I've hurt your feelings I'm sorry cupcake I'll give you a cookie

Corvettezr1
10-03-2013, 08:13 PM
God I'd hope so since I quit a long time ago and my gear is well outdated by now
It also sounds like I've hurt your feelings I'm sorry cupcake I'll give you a cookie

IK what you mean but, my point is, we are too far geared for them to catch up within a decent amount of time. Lots of players would just decide that this game isnt worth it because everyone is super geared compared to them which would take the fun away. We aint talking about people who have played cabal quit and came back, we are talking about people who dont know sht other than whats written on the internet about it comming into a community of geared players

aientd311
10-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Just delete Cabal data to make these thing u guys mentioned above, lol

xvxURIZENxvx
10-03-2013, 08:57 PM
A brand new server for everyone to start fresh on would be the best solution,This way new players can play with experienced players on an equal footing and it deals with the population increase,They could also start on Titan if they wanted an insane challenge or to go p2w,But no transfers.

Mishon
10-04-2013, 09:15 AM
A brand new server for everyone to start fresh on would be the best solution,This way new players can play with experienced players on an equal footing and it deals with the population increase,They could also start on Titan if they wanted an insane challenge or to go p2w,But no transfers.

I would return for this.

Lord Kronius
10-04-2013, 09:37 AM
agreed. but no transfers? wtf why not? it's not like everyones just going to jump to the nub server to start smashing them and even if! transfers allow challenges from server to server! it completes the na cabal community.

annnnddddd I agree with cloud that we should create a new character. but if we do! we should try to earn the gear in the hardest ways possible! no ecoins on this character. just suffer through being average or below average, get beat up and what not to strengthen the morale of the new comers. then once the ball is rolling sell or trash that account and go back to ur OP self. and then redo it again if economy starts to die I guess

Jessifer
10-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Cabal NA had the advantage of having more legit players. Now that it's global with have the pinoys an dthe viets with their bots an dtheir gear that they just bought. How is that better than NA. NA was probably less populated but the gear was legit and had less laggy servers.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-05-2013, 01:57 AM
agreed. but no transfers? wtf why not? it's not like everyones just going to jump to the nub server to start smashing them and even if! transfers allow challenges from server to server! it completes the na cabal community.

No character transferring to "steamroll" :rolleyes:

toca4eva1
10-05-2013, 10:08 AM

So if you quit your posts really don't matter now, do they? Kk Lets carry on with the proposal.

toca4eva1
10-05-2013, 10:28 AM

annnnddddd I agree with cloud that we should create a new character. but if we do! we should try to earn the gear in the hardest ways possible! no ecoins on this character. just suffer through being average or below average, get beat up and what not to strengthen the morale of the new comers. then once the ball is rolling sell or trash that account and go back to ur OP self. and then redo it again if economy starts to die I guess

When Venus was still a server, there was yet to be a "Server transfer option" implemented. There wasn't a problem back then, there shouldn't be a problem now. But you're right, there should be some kind of option to do so.

Even with this these ideas, we still have a few problems:

1. Will the GM's even consider these ideas?

2. Will our community be willing to cooperate?

3. The new people who join Cabal, are considered "Steam players" meaning they are experienced "gamers" and obviously Cabal as being an older game, might not fit these new player's preference. What attracts players is the game play, and eventually the community.
-As a community we also need to step it up. Show them around, motivate them.

whitetrash
10-07-2013, 08:45 AM
So if you quit your posts really don't matter now, do they? Kk Lets carry on with the proposal.

Oh I'm sorry I was not aware I did not have the option to play again ..........
So yes my opinion does matter
Besides you know as well as I do no-one is going to stay on said nubs for long all it will takes is one high level person to harrass the nub chars and you people will jump right on your main and dont act Like you won't because we all know you would

Jessifer
10-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Oh I'm sorry I was not aware I did not have the option to play again ..........
So yes my opinion does matter
Besides you know as well as I do no-one is going to stay on said nubs for long all it will takes is one high level person to harrass the nub chars and you people will jump right on your main and dont act Like you won't because we all know you would

<removed>

xFear
10-07-2013, 11:16 AM
why are you here?

Sprite
10-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I still lurk the forums even though I don't play anymore o.o
<3

whitetrash
10-07-2013, 12:03 PM
why are you here?
Couple of reasons really
I like to keep tabs on the game incase I decide to come play again since I have people that harass me to play again
I also like to troll the forums
It's fun to wind you people up
It gives me something to do at work

Jessifer
10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
why are you here?

Same as everyone else. Post words on the internet to self gratify our own existance.

jamnotjelly
10-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Imma up ur challenge cloud everyone start over AND ..........BURN YOUR CREDIT CARDS :o

zZUnbornZz
10-17-2013, 08:02 PM
We will have a new battle class in next update, right ??
so i vote for "new server" solution :)
no transfer from TITAN sv :D a big boss with epic gear will make a lost balance
older player can start again with new experience from new battle style, new system and more more new buddy ^^
that's my point :)

zZUnbornZz
10-17-2013, 08:08 PM
If u - EST, will create a new sv. Plzzz check and set your system.
Let the crafting system be more challenge.
When u guys wanna lvl up your crafting (EX: 7999 to 8xxx), make it harder like the last crafting system.
BM3 can be used in NW with 10 min or more cool down time. One of best interesting from CABAL is combo system so dont let it be forgotten
That's my suggest :)

aientd311
10-18-2013, 04:03 AM
None of them cares because they wont get profit from that -> more cc events, pls

CandiCoatted
10-18-2013, 11:13 AM
o.O

Peaches
10-19-2013, 12:46 PM
I still lurk the forums even though I don't play anymore o.o
<3

o/

silencer123
10-21-2013, 12:18 AM
I like the idea for a server for the new players. I stopped playing but might come back to start all over especially since there is a new class being added. Though I don't think I will play cabal more then Dota 2.

Valdoroth
10-21-2013, 06:33 AM

Back in 2012 I was talking to a GM and this was an idea thought up as for an alternative method to merge the servers, merge the current and create a whole new one. It may have been a premature idea at the time and most people wouldn't really like the idea, but with the inclusion of the LA servers now and the merge happening anyways, it's not too far fetched an idea now.

The issue now would be that the experienced players have to take it on themselves to start from scratch once again. You can ask some of my friends that when I made a new character from scratch I progressed pretty well. Although I had a bit of alz paid to me from debt, I still started from ground 0. If there were enough experienced players going to restart to basically sideline assist with newbs (it takes ALOT of patience to deal with them on a daily basis, trust me) then I'd probably be more likely to play again. I've always loved teaching new people how to do stuff, and teaching them the small things that common people may not know, or consider.

Why don't we get a list of people willing to do this? I see we've got like 3 ppl on here so far. Maybe 4? For them to create a new server for that, we'd need more like 200+ probably. I do agree with having designated channels for the newbs like old times had ch's 1+2. And while at it, make a Trade Channel with no mobs! (we all want it for gvg's and pics and such)

xvxURIZENxvx
10-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Back in 2012 I was talking to a GM and this was an idea thought up as for an alternative method to merge the servers, merge the current and create a whole new one. It may have been a premature idea at the time and most people wouldn't really like the idea, but with the inclusion of the LA servers now and the merge happening anyways, it's not too far fetched an idea now.

The issue now would be that the experienced players have to take it on themselves to start from scratch once again. You can ask some of my friends that when I made a new character from scratch I progressed pretty well. Although I had a bit of alz paid to me from debt, I still started from ground 0. If there were enough experienced players going to restart to basically sideline assist with newbs (it takes ALOT of patience to deal with them on a daily basis, trust me) then I'd probably be more likely to play again. I've always loved teaching new people how to do stuff, and teaching them the small things that common people may not know, or consider.

Why don't we get a list of people willing to do this? I see we've got like 3 ppl on here so far. Maybe 4? For them to create a new server for that, we'd need more like 200+ probably. I do agree with having designated channels for the newbs like old times had ch's 1+2. And while at it, make a Trade Channel with no mobs! (we all want it for gvg's and pics and such)

Most importantly....NO SERVER TRANSFERS....for at least the first year.

Peaches
10-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Uhhh has being on steam changed this game at all?

Valdoroth
10-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Most importantly....NO SERVER TRANSFERS....ever.
fixed to what it should say.

Uhhh has being on steam changed this game at all?

I've been trying to see/find a "download" link/button on the steam and don't see one yet despite it being greenlit. Am I doing something wrong or is it not setup fully yet? It will help the game, just give it some time to be fully integrated.