PDA

View Full Version : A world cup event?

Triplethreat
06-12-2014, 04:27 AM
This is NA. Soccer is the red headed step child here. And predict the score? It's soccer...it will almost always be 1-0. Watching grass grow is more entertaining that watching soccer.

blackpig1412
06-12-2014, 05:03 AM
If you don't like it, just don't join. Who cares if you ever exist or not?

alhifnawy3
06-12-2014, 05:52 AM
you forgot that this is NA/Global and soccer is a Global game so end of thread

Giantaco
06-12-2014, 11:28 AM
ur complaining about an event where u can get godlike drops this is so cabal

whitetrash
06-12-2014, 11:47 AM
ur complaining about an event where u can get godlike drops this is so cabal

Hell yea he is
Did we get a superbowl event or a world series event or another na sport event nope we didn't so I can see why he would be upset

Leonhart
06-13-2014, 07:05 AM
This is NA. Soccer is the red headed step child here. And predict the score? It's soccer...it will almost always be 1-0. Watching grass grow is more entertaining that watching soccer.

1) There's more than one country in NA, and I can tell you Canada does like it's soccer. Then there's Quebec, when I was there back in 2006 the entire province was fixated on the World Cup. As for a Latin country that's not into Soccer, that would just be blasphemy.

2) Just because you don't care for Soccer doesn't mean others don't. America is a rather diverse place, and Soccer is the #1 sport in the world. I know a lot of people here who are excited about the World Cup.

3) As other pointed out this is Cabal Global server now anyways. Refer to #2.

Triplethreat
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
1) There's more than one country in NA, and I can tell you Canada does like it's soccer. Then there's Quebec, when I was there back in 2006 the entire province was fixated on the World Cup. As for a Latin country that's not into Soccer, that would just be blasphemy.

2) Just because you don't care for Soccer doesn't mean others don't. America is a rather diverse place, and Soccer is the #1 sport in the world. I know a lot of people here who are excited about the World Cup.

Do you know why it's the #1 sport in the world? Yea, it's because it's cheap and alot of the third world/poor countries can actually afford to play it.

Real men use their hands...this can't be disputed. And oh, Soccer players flop more than LeBron James and Dwayne Wade combined. That's saying alot.

xTheNexiOnex
06-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Just wow at that last post

whitetrash
06-13-2014, 12:03 PM

Ummm last I checked Canada and Quebec were not part of north America O.O

Giantaco
06-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Just wow at that last post

spot on isnt it cant say hes wrong

hanhnn13
06-13-2014, 03:09 PM
US has never won the Football World Cup, so stop complaining.
Try to get one and then complain again.

Leonhart
06-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Do you know why it's the #1 sport in the world? Yea, it's because it's cheap and alot of the third world/poor countries can actually afford to play it.

Real men use their hands...this can't be disputed. And oh, Soccer players flop more than LeBron James and Dwayne Wade combined. That's saying alot.

I do acknowledge that it's pretty cheap to just kick a ball around, but add nets and you magically have the sport that you seem to like called Basketball, or add a stick and you have another sport called Baseball.

Neither Canada or Mexico are 3rd world. Also European countries are by no means 3rd world countries, yet they maintain Soccer as their most popular sport. Have you even met a European? The love they share for soccer far surpasses anything I've seen out of Americans for any sport. Major soccer matches in Spain are National Holidays.

Once again just cause you personally don't like soccer doesn't mean other people don't. I find other sports much less exciting than Soccer, but that might be due to my restless personality, and you're running more most of a game of soccer. I get annoyed at all the waiting around you have to deal with in Baseball or American Football.

Funny you should mention flopping, friend wrote a blog post about how that should be turned into a penalty with stricter repercussions, and how people who are doing it are ruining America's image of what is a great game.

And maybe that's why Soccer is more popular. Soccer actually believes that Women like to play sports too. Half the world right there.

I happen to appreciate our neighbors up North =P.

xYxPlasmaxYx
06-14-2014, 08:51 AM

North America is a continent.... Canada, America and Mexico + Central America (all those little countries below Mexico) are all a part of North America. You can thank me for the knowledge on things you should have learned in middle school later.

Leonhart
06-14-2014, 03:05 PM
North America is a continent.... Canada, America and Mexico + Central America (all those little countries below Mexico) are all a part of North America. You can thank me for the knowledge on things you should have learned in middle school later.

Lol he was being sarcastic. Take note of his Capitalization.

xYxPlasmaxYx
06-14-2014, 10:30 PM

Capitalization is called grammar not sarcasm... and how do you even interpret a remark like that as sarcasm in the first place

Leonhart
06-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Capitalization is called grammar not sarcasm... and how do you even interpret a remark like that as sarcasm in the first place

When it comes to writing capitalization is used as a form of emphasis.

By having faith in a person's intelligence and not assuming the worse. Something like this can be easily be looked up so that could only mean he was trolling. Also I used to be in his guild back in the day so I know him personally.

Triplethreat
06-15-2014, 05:34 PM
I do acknowledge that it's pretty cheap to just kick a ball around, but add nets and you magically have the sport that you seem to like called Basketball, or add a stick and you have another sport called Baseball.

Neither Canada or Mexico are 3rd world. Also European countries are by no means 3rd world countries, yet they maintain Soccer as their most popular sport. Have you even met a European? The love they share for soccer far surpasses anything I've seen out of Americans for any sport. Major soccer matches in Spain are National Holidays.

Once again just cause you personally don't like soccer doesn't mean other people don't. I find other sports much less exciting than Soccer, but that might be due to my restless personality, and you're running more most of a game of soccer. I get annoyed at all the waiting around you have to deal with in Baseball or American Football.

Funny you should mention flopping, friend wrote a blog post about how that should be turned into a penalty with stricter repercussions, and how people who are doing it are ruining America's image of what is a great game.

And maybe that's why Soccer is more popular. Soccer actually believes that Women like to play sports too. Half the world right there.

I happen to appreciate our neighbors up North =P.

Waiting around in football? There is action on every play. Yea, you wait for a huddle, but you get action. What type of action is in a soccer game? Hey, let's run around and kick a ball. What awesome action. Baseball blows. It's almost as boring to watch as soccer is. Soccer, where 0-0 games are exciting! So you can just add a net and you get basketball? All you need i an open field of grass to play soccer. You need a court to play basketball. I can go outside of my house and see like 3 places you can play soccer. Yet, I don't see nearly as many basketball courts. Wonder why? Oh ya, costs money.

Didn't realize Europe, Canada(LOL, didn't even know they have a soccer team) and Mexico made up the entire world. I don't know what teams are even in the world cup, but I'm guessing there is some poorer countries. How is basketball, or baseball, or football doing in their countries? I'm guessing not very well, b/c it costs too much.

If football isn't very popular in England, why does the NFL have a game over there every year that sells out? In conclusion, a vast majority of the world is very easily entertained if a soccer match can keep their attention.

I'll just leave this right here. LMFAO @ this. Disgraceful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4

hanhnn13
06-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Algeria
Cameroon
Côte d'Ivoire
Ghana
Nigeria
Australia
Iran
Japan
Korea Republic
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Croatia
England
France
Germany
Greece
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Russia
Spain
Switzerland
Costa Rica
Honduras
Mexico
USA
Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
Uruguay

We have some rich countries in the World Cup 2014 list

blackpig1412
06-16-2014, 04:49 AM
I feel American football violent, so I don't like it. But I respect other people's interests, and I don't make a thread saying "hey, I don't like American football" like a retard. Maybe you're rich, but your characteristic makes me think you are below the level of poor people.

Waiting around in football? There is action on every play. Yea, you wait for a huddle, but you get action. What type of action is in a soccer game? Hey, let's run around and kick a ball. What awesome action. Baseball blows. It's almost as boring to watch as soccer is. Soccer, where 0-0 games are exciting! So you can just add a net and you get basketball? All you need i an open field of grass to play soccer. You need a court to play basketball. I can go outside of my house and see like 3 places you can play soccer. Yet, I don't see nearly as many basketball courts. Wonder why? Oh ya, costs money.

Didn't realize Europe, Canada(LOL, didn't even know they have a soccer team) and Mexico made up the entire world. I don't know what teams are even in the world cup, but I'm guessing there is some poorer countries. How is basketball, or baseball, or football doing in their countries? I'm guessing not very well, b/c it costs too much.

If football isn't very popular in England, why does the NFL have a game over there every year that sells out? In conclusion, a vast majority of the world is very easily entertained if a soccer match can keep their attention.

I'll just leave this right here. LMFAO @ this. Disgraceful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 09:31 AM

You still ignore the point of personal preferences.

You don't need some fancy NBA grade + approved court to play basketball, you just need a paved ground, and a goal. America has a tendency to charge 90X more than necessary for things.

It's called examples. It's far easier to list all the countries in the world where American Football is popular, than it is to list all the countries in the world where Soccer is popular. (It's also far easier to list what countries don't have a soccer team than those that do btw)

As for that game in England, there's many reasons for that. One of them being the fact that it's once a year? I don't care for American Football at all, that doesn't stop me from watching the Super Bowl though (mostly for halftime and those awesome ads).

I wonder how many of these countries you've even heard of... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_national_association_football_teams

Also Soccer is the most popular popular sport in the richest country in the world. No don't be ignorant and think America is the richest country. Actually of the world's 15's richest countries based off the Forbe's list, Pretty much only America and Hong Kong don't have soccer as one of the most popular sports....

alhifnawy3
06-16-2014, 10:06 AM
so suddenly popular sports are popular because they are played in poor countries?!! fvck logic

whitetrash
06-16-2014, 10:37 AM

Wow someone took me serious on here lol wow ...... Sigh they must be new here lol

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Wow someone took me serious on here lol wow ...... Sigh they must be new here lol

=P

These forums are depressingly dull compared to 4 years ago... Being on here was half the fun back then.

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 12:11 PM
I feel American football violent, so I don't like it. But I respect other people's interests, and I don't make a thread saying "hey, I don't like American football" like a retard. Maybe you're rich, but your characteristic makes me think you are below the level of poor people.

So, instead of watching people colliding each other and falling down, you'd rather watch people fall down and roll around on the ground like little b1tches without being hit? Gotcha. It's OK, soccer players are soft as hell, and generally the people who enjoy it are the same. So it makes sense you don't like football.

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 12:15 PM
You still ignore the point of personal preferences.

You don't need some fancy NBA grade + approved court to play basketball, you just need a paved ground, and a goal. America has a tendency to charge 90X more than necessary for things.

It's called examples. It's far easier to list all the countries in the world where American Football is popular, than it is to list all the countries in the world where Soccer is popular. (It's also far easier to list what countries don't have a soccer team than those that do btw)

As for that game in England, there's many reasons for that. One of them being the fact that it's once a year? I don't care for American Football at all, that doesn't stop me from watching the Super Bowl though (mostly for halftime and those awesome ads).

I wonder how many of these countries you've even heard of... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_national_association_football_teams

Also Soccer is the most popular popular sport in the richest country in the world. No don't be ignorant and think America is the richest country. Actually of the world's 15's richest countries based off the Forbe's list, Pretty much only America and Hong Kong don't have soccer as one of the most popular sports....

Say I have a kid and god forbid he wants to play organized soccer. Where would we go to see one of his games? Yes, that's right, some open field with couple of goals. Let's say he wants to play organized basketball. Do you honestly think we would just go to some random paved court outside and watch his games? Or would we have to goto some structure with a gym to watch the games? Which is more costly? An open field or a building with a gym?

whitetrash
06-16-2014, 12:17 PM
=P

These forums are depressingly dull compared to 4 years ago... Being on here was half the fun back then.

Yea not so much fun theese days I can't seem to stir it up as ez now lol

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 01:56 PM

It's not to hard to get some people's panties in a bunch. Watch

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 01:57 PM
There is a reason football isn't popular worldwide. It's expensive, it's hard to get it organized and it's violent.

So essentially, the rest of the world is either poor, lazy, or soft.

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Say I have a kid and god forbid he wants to play organized soccer. Where would we go to see one of his games? Yes, that's right, some open field with couple of goals. Let's say he wants to play organized basketball. Do you honestly think we would just go to some random paved court outside and watch his games? Or would we have to goto some structure with a gym to watch the games? Which is more costly? An open field or a building with a gym?

I never said Soccer wasn't cheaper, just saying it's not that much more expensive to be able to play it if you want to. Also it's quite obvious that the outdoor sport is gonna be outdoors while the sport that was originally designed to be a winter sport is played indoors... Although you can easily swap the two. I'm pretty sure there are groups out there that like to organize basketball outdoors just like there's something called Indoor Soccer that can be played in the winter.

Andd to answer your question as to which cost more, the answer is both (You didn't think this through did you?). A regulation soccer field is about the size of 15 basketball courts. For people that live in large cities with high land values, open space is a luxury and seeing green can be a rare sight.

Edit: As we speak I can hear people at a sport's bar a few blocks over cheering over the goal that we seemed to have scored in the Word Cup.

Yeaa, I remember people causing a ruckus during each maintenance update, it was how I knew when I could get back in game lol.

Giantaco
06-16-2014, 02:05 PM
^or anything to do with tang

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 02:16 PM
^or anything to do with tang

You mean like this? XD

Giantaco
06-16-2014, 02:43 PM
nah i was thinking more back to this props to anyone who was in vent with me that day lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBa05L8JdwQ

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 03:03 PM
nah i was thinking more back to this props to anyone who was in vent with me that day lol

Lol I I remember this XD.

There is a reason football isn't popular worldwide. It's expensive, it's hard to get it organized and it's violent.

So essentially, the rest of the world is either poor, lazy, or soft.

What are you talking about? You keep getting your facts mixed up. Football is the world's #1 sport.

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Edit: As we speak I can hear people at a sport's bar a few blocks over cheering over the goal that we seemed to have scored in the Word Cup.

Who is we?

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 03:27 PM
who is we?

02:05 pm US Central Time

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
02:05 pm US Central Time

This isn't the "we" I was referring to. The "we" I was referring to is the "we" you said that scored a goal. I have no idea where you are from and of course no idea who is even playing to know who you are referring to as "we"

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 03:44 PM
This isn't the "we" I was referring to. The "we" I was referring to is the "we" you said that scored a goal. I have no idea where you are from and of course no idea who is even playing to know who you are referring to as "we"

I handled both "we" in my statement actually.

Edit: Although I think you responded before my edit. My Apologies. I realized my mistake as soon as I posted.

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 03:55 PM
so the "we" is the US. Didn't know they were playing, and actually didn't even know they made the World Cup. And just because a few people at a bar scream and yell does not mean the sport is popular here. At least I hope that is not what you are saying. Soccer will never be king in the US. I don't even think it will even beat any of the big 4. Hell, I don't even think it will top Neckcar.

whitetrash
06-16-2014, 04:03 PM

Hahahahaha the good ol days

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
so the "we" is the US. Didn't know they were playing, and actually didn't even know they made the World Cup. And just because a few people at a bar scream and yell does not mean the sport is popular here. At least I hope that is not what you are saying. Soccer will never be king in the US. I don't even think it will even beat any of the big 4. Hell, I don't even think it will top Neckcar.

Yea, I already brought up being American as well.

Fully aware the sport is not popular here in the United States. I wrote an analysis of that my freshman year in College and it mentioned the truthful points that you have stated in this thread. But there is a significant support of the sport.

It's a decent sized crowd they have an outdoor patio area with a large TV. I'm a few blocks away so the sound has to be somewhat significant. I will admit that my school does attract a lot of international students though since we have some of the top Academic programs in the nation.

I may just be in a more diverse area. I've seen a lot of US Jerseys around today. And my Facebook has been flooded with comments about the game. Also Google displays the match in their Doodle today as well. I wasn't aware of the game initially either until I heard all the cheering lol. We're usually in the cup we just never Win.

Posted by one of my friends: "Fun fact: approximately half of the US team speaks English as a second language"
Just like how half the NHL is Canadian lol.

Triplethreat
06-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Yea, I already brought up being American as well.

Fully aware the sport is not popular here in the United States. I wrote an analysis of that my freshman year in College and it mentioned the truthful points that you have stated in this thread. But there is a significant support of the sport.

It's a decent sized crowd they have an outdoor patio area with a large TV. I'm a few blocks away so the sound has to be somewhat significant. I will admit that my school does attract a lot of international students though since we have some of the top Academic programs in the nation.

I may just be in a more diverse area. I've seen a lot of US Jerseys around today. And my Facebook has been flooded with comments about the game. Also Google displays the match in their Doodle today as well. I wasn't aware of the game initially either until I heard all the cheering lol. We're usually in the cup we just never Win.

Posted by one of my friends: "Fun fact: approximately half of the US team speaks English as a second language"
Just like how half the NHL is Canadian lol.

Soccer is popular with the young kids. And I believe the main reason is parents do not want their kids playing football. I have 4 friends who refuse to let their kids play football, but will let them play soccer. I played football for 11 years and I can understand why they refuse to let their kids play. It is definitely not a sport for the faint of heart.

Giantaco
06-16-2014, 04:39 PM
^ or women

Leonhart
06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
The values that Soccer instills in a child are better than what you would get from American Football.

[American] Football is a very American sport, there's no denying that. But the world's view of America is not a pretty one. We lost our status as most desirable country in the world long ago.

Also the WASP ruling class that once dominated our nation is fading. This country continues to become more diverse by the day.

-Itachi Uchiha-
06-16-2014, 11:01 PM
There was a HUGE crowd shown in Chicago (as well as NYC and other states/cities) on ESPN while the game was going on, as well as half the stadium was filled with USA fans alone. Not to mention plane tickets from the USA going to Brazil were literally SOLD OUT, it seems that soccer is pretty popular in the USA (from what I saw anyway). I do admit though, there is A LOT of flopping in soccer, but there wasn't that much in the games I watched yesterday. Plus, I personally prefer watching soccer over NASCAR.

Triplethreat
06-17-2014, 05:59 AM
There was a HUGE crowd shown in Chicago (as well as NYC and other states/cities) on ESPN while the game was going on, as well as half the stadium was filled with USA fans alone. Not to mention plane tickets from the USA going to Brazil were literally SOLD OUT, it seems that soccer is pretty popular in the USA (from what I saw anyway). I do admit though, there is A LOT of flopping in soccer, but there wasn't that much in the games I watched yesterday. Plus, I personally prefer watching soccer over NASCAR.

The world cup is a novelty...that's it. As soon as it's over, soccer will hardly be thought of here until the next world cup. If you want to say soccer is pretty popular once every 4 years for a month in the summer when there isn't a whole lot going on, I'll agree. However, if you were to put the world cup game on at the same time as the SuperBowl, the world cup would get crushed in the ratings. There really is no disputing this.

Triplethreat
06-17-2014, 06:01 AM
The values that Soccer instills in a child are better than what you would get from American Football.

[American] Football is a very American sport, there's no denying that. But the world's view of America is not a pretty one. We lost our status as most desirable country in the world long ago.

Also the WASP ruling class that once dominated our nation is fading. This country continues to become more diverse by the day.

Yet if something bad happens, like a disaster or they need help fighting off enemies, who do they look to for help?

Leonhart
06-17-2014, 07:24 AM
Yet if something bad happens, like a disaster or they need help fighting off enemies, who do they look to for help?

You mean when we butt in unwanted? UN, that name is pretty misleading since we pretty much run it. Our country has it's own Agenda and bullies the world to get it's way. Of course you gotta do some humanitarian work to make yourself look better. Prime example of Corporate Mericuh right there.

And who helps us when we have disasters? We help other countries in need, and other countries help us when we're in need. That's the point to FIFA and the Olympics, they gather the world around a single united cause, throw all our differences aside. Disasters have a tendency to do that as well.

Are you even aware of Operation Yellow Ribbon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXbxoy4Mges

Since the video is kinda long.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellow_Ribbon

Tonberry
06-17-2014, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS172L6Cmv8
futbol in the usa's come long ways since 2002.