PDA

View Full Version : The forums need active moderators.

GoughGhan
06-04-2010, 09:11 AM
As the title says....

Why does it need active mods? Have you seen the amount of spam just going insane in the Off topic section? Or the amount of threads just to troll.

Yea the GM's mod the forums just not enough. I was staring at the general section the other day and all I saw on the first page was fail attempts at trolling, and people wonder why the forums are so dead. Seriously I hardly want to come here because of all the crap I see.

I'm writing this in a attempt to get the GM's to see it, since they haven't bothered looking at the HD's I've sent in regarding it and possibly how to fix it.

EterNity
06-04-2010, 09:31 AM
As the title says....

Why does it need active mods? Have you seen the amount of spam just going insane in the Off topic section? Or the amount of threads just to troll.

Yea the GM's mod the forums just not enough. I was staring at the general section the other day and all I saw on the first page was fail attempts at trolling, and people wonder why the forums are so dead. Seriously I hardly want to come here because of all the crap I see.

I'm writing this in a attempt to get the GM's to see it, since they haven't bothered looking at the HD's I've sent in regarding it and possibly how to fix it.

I will second this.

Recently, we have way too much fail trolling going on on this forums.

They could've create a forum sec. just for people to troll but keep it out of General dis.

Well...

I hardly doubt they will do anything about it though, Gough :D

ForumFiery
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM
I will second this.

They could've create a forum sec. just for people to troll but keep it out of General dis.

Well...

I hardly doubt they will do anything about it though, Gough :D

you second because you are one of the trolls, g.t.f.o of cabal forum and go back to aion

carowe27
06-04-2010, 09:50 AM
As the title says....

+1

lolololol
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
As the title says....

lolumad?? just ask'n

GoughGhan
06-04-2010, 10:02 AM
lolumad?? just ask'n

Mad no. Disgusted yup.

lolololol
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Mad no. Disgusted yup.

i see.,mad and disgusted are cousin don't u know that??

GoughGhan
06-04-2010, 10:08 AM
i see.,mad and disgusted are cousin don't u know that??

Maybe so, but they aren't the same.

lolololol
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe so, but they aren't the same.

did i say that??i know they're not the same..but u can use them as 1 but in different way..and that's what i feel in you..you're not gonna do this if aren't disgusted and MAD..lets just wait for the good moment to come..just go with the flows of this forum..

bardiel7777
06-04-2010, 10:42 AM
As the title says....

+1. Its funny how the earlier people who made threads requesting the same thing were all either ignored by the G Ms and/or ridiculed heavily by the trolls. Its about time more of the regulars here on the forums wanted the same thing. Maybe now the management will take the moderator issue more seriously.

Agreed that the trolls are pretty bad, but what do you mean by only "recently"? They're not just fail - they've never been exactly welcome or needed at all. Let's keep the forums classy instead of trashy.

xEtherx
06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
As the title says....

Agreed. I spent a day spamming the smappers threads just to get my point across. It was sad that they only shut uo for about 2 hrs before going back to trolling.

beowolf101
06-04-2010, 10:59 AM
ye agms better fix this since gogo getting discusted xD

Ayeka
06-04-2010, 11:37 AM
yes it is out of hand its insane the amount of abuse this from has seen

we need bteer moteration and alot of bannings of trolls

Lust13
06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
you second because you are one of the trolls, g.t.f.o of cabal forum and go back to aion

Example one of a forum troll.

ChuckNorris
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Trying to apply for another position Gough? As if your GA position wasn't useless enough. I see what you did there.

GoughGhan
06-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Trying to apply for another position Gough? As if your GA position wasn't useless enough. I see what you did there.

Then you must be blind if you saw what I did there. That or taking LSD

imadouchebag
06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
LOL it ain't happening. Trolls + forums = entertainment

BackUpMENG
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
goughbro is mad kaka

Speed
06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
As the title says....

+2!

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL it ain't happening. Trolls + forums = entertainment

kakaka u think ur forum police kakaka

Deathlymonkey
06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree to the fact that forums need more moderators

xEtherx
06-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I just forwarded a link to this forum the NAACP thru the NAACP washington bureau. Now with the pull of a international organization lets see if EST takes action in disciplining these indivuals before it gets its NA division shut down for racial slurs and abusive verbal language. I encourage anyone wanting EST to take action send an email to the contact info below.

http://www.naacp.org/about/contact/form/

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I just forwarded a link to this forum the NAACP thru the NAACP washington bureau. Now with the pull of a international organization lets see if EST takes action in disciplining these indivuals before it gets its NA division shut down for racial slurs and abusive verbal language. I encourage anyone wanting EST to take action send an email to the contact info below.

http://www.naacp.org/about/contact/form/

You would even attempt to shut down Cabal because you got rocked by a few trolls? Lawl, you're cool.

CNJRP
06-04-2010, 02:47 PM
As the title says....

I agree with this message.

Matrimoney
06-04-2010, 02:51 PM
You would even attempt to shut down Cabal because you got rocked by a few trolls? Lawl, you're cool.

The way you pretended to be someone you weren't was even cooler.

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 02:53 PM
The way you pretended to be someone you weren't was even cooler.

But the coolest thing I think these forums has ever seen is someone trying to buy an account and getting scammed up the ass.

xEtherx
06-04-2010, 02:58 PM

Well I did it in hopes that EST will start IP banning people for abusive language and racial slurs. This would not only take trolls off the forums but out of the game as well. Resulting in greater consequences. I did this as a form of strongarm action to motivate EST into doing what is right. Anyone who know what the NAACP is knows they will go thru great lengths and expense in persuing matter like these. As its the american division it falls under american law. So lets stop trolling and lets see est start doing IP bans for those abusing the forums and gaming community.

Matrimoney
06-04-2010, 02:58 PM
But the coolest thing I think these forums has ever seen is someone trying to buy an account and getting scammed up the ass.

K first of all, why would I even wanna buy my account when my BL is almost fully geared? Second of all, I have 3 other characters, why in the world would I wanna buy an account? Also, how would me buying anything get me scammed? If I bought something and got scammed, my money would be gone, not my items on my character, dumb downie child. Get your facts straight before you talk lemonade kid.

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Well I did it in hopes that EST will start IP banning people for abusive language and racial slurs. This would not only take trolls off the forums but out of the game as well. Resulting in greater consequences. I did this as a form of strongarm action to motivate EST into doing what is right. Anyone who know what the NAACP is knows they will go thru great lengths and expense in persuing matter like these. As its the american division it falls under american law. So lets stop trolling and lets see est start doing IP bans for those abusing the forums and gaming community.

Nothing falls under American law because it's EST's contract. They can keep their forums however dirty or clean they like them. You think they would IP ban someone from the game after they posted something on the forums? Ha, if theyw ere so extreem like you said the game wouldn't be so much fun; and you would have been banned for spamming. And again, a game is supposed to be fun. Hop off Loit's balls and let him have some. If you don't like looking at it don't come to the forums.

K first of all, why would I even wanna buy my account when my BL is almost fully geared? Second of all, I have 3 other characters, why in the world would I wanna buy an account? Also, how would me buying anything get me scammed? If I bought something and got scammed, my money would be gone, not my items on my character, dumb downie child. Get your facts straight before you talk lemonade kid.

Rage harder sped.

Matrimoney
06-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Nothing falls under American law because it's EST's contract. They can keep their forums however dirty or clean they like them. You think they would IP ban someone from the game after they posted something on the forums? Ha, if theyw ere so extreem like you said the game wouldn't be so much fun; and you would have been banned for spamming. And again, a game is supposed to be fun. Hop off Loit's balls and let him have some. If you don't like looking at it don't come to the forums.

Rage harder sped.

Oh nice, ESTsoft is above the law. You learn something new everyday I guess.

lol @ sped...coming from the short kid with the unibrow and coke bottle glasses? Don't worry, I remember your picture that was posted :)

Valdoroth
06-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I support this idea. And who said GG was trying to apply for a position. I'm sure he's had enough of that in the past. Est just needs like 2 ppl to run a check per day to clean it up. Really not that difficult. And the biggest problem isnt so much the lack of censors as is the immaturity of the posters. NA is so immature, and I've lived here all my life.

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 03:20 PM
the lack of censors

You stupid? There's too many censors. I'd rather not have the RS grade censor, unless it's to close your mom's gaping-

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh nice, ESTsoft is above the law. You learn something new everyday I guess.

lol @ sped...coming from the short kid with the unibrow and coke bottle glasses? Don't worry, I remember your picture that was posted :)

Dude I pick my nose and eat it too don't forget that bro

GuardianPat
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
ok ok to make it simple,

This forum needs mods.

nuff said

Now let's wait for GMs' responses...

EterNity
06-04-2010, 04:28 PM

LOLUMAD? casue people still think I am better than you even I quit half years ago?

You are one of the troll on forums that has no help on the new comers ever, so stop being stupid and go on your little lil corner playing your Paypal FA.

ForumFiery
06-04-2010, 04:44 PM
LOLUMAD? casue people still think I am better than you even I quit half years ago?

You are one of the troll on forums that has no help on the new comers ever, so stop being stupid and go on your little lil corner playing your Paypal FA.

yea..... I will let the others comment on who is the troll, a person who posts on forum trolling while not playing? or a person who post on forum to buy and sell stuff?, kay, stupid being stupid now and go back to aion.

ForumFiery
06-04-2010, 04:46 PM

+9000 :cool:

Rastan
06-04-2010, 04:47 PM
yeah,it's pretty bad,but nothing compared to the xbox live or psn community,now those are some foul 14 y/o

May
06-04-2010, 04:55 PM
As the title says....

I agree with you Gough. I do hope the GM's implement active moderators for these forums.

These forums make my eyes hurt from reading the mass stupidity that is spread and encouraged.

imadouchebag
06-04-2010, 05:05 PM
kakaka u think ur forum police kakaka

No, I'm a douche bag durrr.

And please inform me of this kakaka thing. Never heard of it until I came on these forums.

ceyenne
06-04-2010, 05:10 PM

And please inform me of this kakaka thing. Never heard of it until I came on these forums.

It's the mating call of the forum troll species. Also happens to be the name of the excrement they are dumping all over the forums.

imadouchebag
06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
It's the mating call of the forum troll species. Also happens to be the name of the excrement they are dumping all over the forums.

Ah, thank you kind sir.

ceyenne
06-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Ah, thank you kind sir.

You're welcome

*Oh, and I'm not a guy ^^

imadouchebag
06-04-2010, 05:16 PM
You're welcome

*Oh, and I'm not a guy ^^

I stand corrected. Thank you me lady.

WIpwns
06-04-2010, 05:41 PM
why ppl mad?

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 06:15 PM

You can't be the forum police if you don't know what we're saying. Lolololol

Rastan
06-04-2010, 06:16 PM
why ppl mad?

cuz it was funny maybe the first 2 weeks,now it's just getting sad

SilentM
06-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, we need ACTUAL moderators on the forums.
This is a game forum dedicated to discussing CABAL, not how big your e-pene is.
If you want to troll all day, go to 4CHAN. Not everyone here is interested in retarded middle school humor.

At the very least, they should remove the 1 minute wait for reporting posts. I'd like to report as fast as trolls can spam their idiocy.

GoughGhan
06-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow this thread turned into a trolling flame war.....Now maybe the GM's will see what I mean.

SilentM
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow this thread turned into a trolling flame war.....Now maybe the GM's will see what I mean.

They won't, because they don't even read the threads half the time unless it has to do with an account problem.
I've seen troll threads MOVED instead of locked or deleted. Their incompetency is rather annoying.

xEtherx
06-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Nothing falls under American law because it's EST's contract. They can keep their forums however dirty or clean they like them. You think they would IP ban someone from the game after they posted something on the forums? Ha, if theyw ere so extreem like you said the game wouldn't be so much fun; and you would have been banned for spamming. And again, a game is supposed to be fun. Hop off Loit's balls and let him have some. If you don't like looking at it don't come to the forums. Rage harder sped.

See thats where a child like you is wrong. In america unless you put the forums behind a registered user section where someone has to " choose " to view the forum it falls under FCC guildlines. I have not heard from est but the NAACP has already responded and plans to push EST to contain this matter. on xbox live and ps3 your only given access to their server/forum after registering an account. Here you can view them without a forum ID or game account.

You should go to wiki and search FCC guildelines before ya speak.

xEtherx
06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
EST should just hire me as a forum moderator and allow me to implement my idea about IP banning. Kids would not troll or make racial slurs if they knew that they would lose their game account along with being banned from the forums. This would not only clean up the forums but it would clean up the game as well. The trolls would be forced to either play the game or give it up. As it stands now they play on the forums more then they actually do playing the game.

BleedingSoul
06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
At the very least, they should remove the 1 minute wait for reporting posts. I'd like to report as fast as trolls can spam their idiocy.

We all have half minute posting restrictions. Everyone has the oppertunity to post just as fast as the next. How often you take advantage of that oppertunity well.... tells how engaged you are. Since you have 117 posts and are only active... no where, i'd say you're just another complaining scrub who wouldn't give a damn if there wasn't even a forum in the first place.

EmperorDvS
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
We all have half minute posting restrictions.

She said the restrictions on reporting a thread. Regardless of whether she's active or not, she has a point.
I personally think it makes no sense either, but it's not realy going to be advantageous to change it if the mods still can't keep up.
Just saying...

GuardianPat
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
EST should just hire me as a forum moderator and allow me to implement my idea about IP banning. Kids would not troll or make racial slurs if they knew that they would lose their game account along with being banned from the forums. This would not only clean up the forums but it would clean up the game as well. The trolls would be forced to either play the game or give it up. As it stands now they play on the forums more then they actually do playing the game.

... IP banning... Did you ever being a forum admin? Anyways, IP banning is kinda harsh...
You should go in order:
1) Giving a warning
2) If the person still break the rules -> suspension/temp banning
3) If again... -> perm banning
4) Again but with new account... -> email banning
5 ) Again but with another new account -> IP banning

Btw, IP banning can't 100% solve things... because there are people here who use Proxy

WIpwns
06-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah, we need ACTUAL moderators on the forums.
This is a game forum dedicated to discussing CABAL, not how big your e-pene is.
If you want to troll all day, go to 4CHAN. Not everyone here is interested in retarded middle school humor.

SON WHY U MAD AND TYPING IN PURPLE KAKAKAKKAKAKAKKAKAa

SilentM
06-04-2010, 07:57 PM
We all have half minute posting restrictions. Everyone has the oppertunity to post just as fast as the next. How often you take advantage of that oppertunity well.... tells how engaged you are. Since you have 117 posts and are only active... no where, i'd say you're just another complaining scrub who wouldn't give a damn if there wasn't even a forum in the first place.

HALF a minute is still LESS than the full minute it takes between thread reports. You know, that little triangle at the bottom left corner of each post that allows you to report it?

Why the hell would I WANT to be engaged with scrubby trolls like YOU?! I LURK the forums for this reason exactly.
I would like to post in a forum with actual discussions, not a breeding ground of degenerates!

xEtherx
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
yes I have been a forum moderator. I did this on www.guildwarsguru.com a division of MMOguru.com my moderator name was " Saider maul " and I worked under " Chief " from XoO. Yes I know there are multiple levels of diciplinary actions but I stated allowing me to impliment this process because most of these offenders have already surpassed the number of violation it would take to warrent a perm IP ban. Also with the knowledge of possible IP banning offenders and potential offender would be less inclined to commit an offense if they wanted to keep their game account.

My process would be.

Strike 1: warning
Strike 2: 3 day temp forum ban
Strike 3: 7 day temp forum/game ban
Strike 4: 14 day temp forum/game ban With final warning
Strike 5: Perm IP ban with attached account deleted.

If these offender actually wanted to play the game and knew of these consequences, they would not commit these offenses.

WIpwns
06-04-2010, 08:30 PM
HALF a minute is still LESS than the full minute it takes between thread reports. You know, that little triangle at the bottom left corner of each post that allows you to report it?

Why the hell would I WANT to be engaged with scrubby trolls like YOU?! I LURK the forums for this reason exactly.
I would like to post in a forum with actual discussions, not a breeding ground of degenerates!

now u typing in bold akakakkaka umad brah

WIpwns
06-04-2010, 08:31 PM
yes I have been a forum moderator. I did this on www.guildwarsguru.com a division of MMOguru.com my moderator name was " Saider maul " and I worked under " Chief " from XoO. Yes I know there are multiple levels of diciplinary actions but I stated allowing me to impliment this process because most of these offenders have already surpassed the number of violation it would take to warrent a perm IP ban. Also with the knowledge of possible IP banning offenders and potential offender would be less inclined to commit an offense if they wanted to keep their game account.

My process would be.

If these offender actually wanted to play the game and knew of these consequences, they would not commit these offenses.

akakakkakakakakaka i see a nerd

FelixFelice
06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
As the title says....

I agree with this as well. The forums are trash talk central. I really don't even come to these forums anymore because of them. Just go to eu forums now. Sadly enough this can be solved by banning just a few people. Coughpeoplewithninehundredpluspostcountcough. The same can't be said for the off topic section. That place is just a spam section now.

imadouchebag
06-04-2010, 10:29 PM
You can't be the forum police if you don't know what we're saying. Lolololol

What ? I just said I'm a douche bag...

LaRazz
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
What ? I just said I'm a douche bag...

See start things off... people with names such as your should be deleted...period...end of story....

EterNity
06-05-2010, 12:06 AM

My process would be.

You are too easy on the those trolls...

Shinn
06-05-2010, 12:17 AM
You are too easy on the those trolls...

My process would be.

Skip the 3 day ban and i like =o

Sorry i I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ at quoting lol

imadouchebag
06-05-2010, 12:18 AM
See start things off... people with names such as your should be deleted...period...end of story....

Don't hate.

iSeeYou123
06-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Don't hate.

+1 :)

WIpwns
06-05-2010, 02:56 AM
+2 kekekkekeke

BleedingSoul
06-05-2010, 06:52 AM

My process would be.

This doesn't show how mad you are at getting trolled by someone.

xEtherx
06-05-2010, 04:00 PM
This doesn't show how mad you are at getting trolled by someone.

Yawn......

BleedingSoul
06-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Yawn......

I'd prolly do the same thing if I pvped someone so trashy.

SkyAlpha
06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
I agree with this thread -.-

xEtherx
06-05-2010, 06:07 PM
I'd prolly do the same thing if I pvped someone so trashy.

Lawl,..... I am on mercury to ya know. I'm up for a pvp if you are. That is unless you are to scared and dont want to risk getting pwned.

HibachiRayne

BackUpMENG
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I approve of this thread 100%

BleedingSoul
06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Lawl,..... I am on mercury to ya know. I'm up for a pvp if you are. That is unless you are to scared and dont want to risk getting pwned.

HibachiRayne

You wouldn't have stood a chance against me. Not with your garbage.

BackUpMENG
06-05-2010, 06:13 PM

bring ur scrub ass lvl 1 to ch 5 and ill roll u son. u got nothing so shut the f up son

xEtherx
06-05-2010, 06:19 PM

oh yeah your scared......

BleedingSoul
06-05-2010, 06:20 PM
bring ur scrub ass lvl 1 to ch 5 and ill roll u son. u got nothing so shut the f up son

scrub 1 shot matrimoney with fist

oh yeah your scared......

get 170 then come talk to me kakaka

BackUpMENG
06-05-2010, 06:52 PM
scrub 1 shot matrimoney with fist

i 1 shot matrimoney on venus and his lvl 2 kaka

BleedingSoul
06-05-2010, 06:57 PM
kakaka no chance u lastmeng with cannons son even with gear he nothin kaka

BleedingSoul
06-05-2010, 06:58 PM
how about active good moniters daisy gave me an infraction for posting screenshots of my deleted accounts

BackUpMENG
06-05-2010, 07:00 PM
i haven't gotten an infraction in days from all of the stuff i've said....

BleedingSoul
06-05-2010, 07:02 PM
DaisY hates me cuz i dumped her

WIpwns
06-05-2010, 07:29 PM
daisy hates me cuz i dumped her

kakakakakakkakakakakkak aakkak

Matrimoney
06-05-2010, 07:40 PM
how about active good moniters daisy gave me an infraction for posting screenshots of my deleted accounts

lol u mad size 7 kid?

xEtherx
06-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Who said I have to be 170 to beat you...... whats the matter you chicken? ch 13 just about any time of day there popeye.

BleedingSoul
06-06-2010, 05:33 AM
lol u mad size 7 kid?

kakaka her mom is mine

just about any time of day

kakakakaka no life son?

[GM] Jamie
06-06-2010, 05:46 AM
We fully understand your opinions of the current forum manage and we're also looking for the better solution to improve current situation.
Thank you for your interests and concerns on CABAL community. I'll give you some good news in near future.

(I think the original intention of this thread has been already shaded. I'll close the thread.)