PDA

View Full Version : War bug??

providen1990
07-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Have you ever hit a person in War with bm3 fatal but it doesn't indicate anything (no miss no block no damage) on that person? If yes then what happen there? if it is not war bug then that is hack right?

NiteFalcon
07-15-2014, 08:23 PM
yes i've seen it happen, its most likely server lag

alhifnawy3
07-16-2014, 09:44 AM
you also sometimes miss or nothing shows at all when you combo someone which is a bug too

providen1990
07-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I don't think it is server lag because it never happen before(cant remember when it starts happening). I hope they fix it

ColdFire
07-16-2014, 05:13 PM
dude, you're always asking like these day 1 questions lol.. and it prob is server lag

Imunique
07-16-2014, 05:42 PM
it's not server lag, and it started with Gladiator Update, along with buddy bonus disabled and party search only show GL icon regardless classes.
it happen a lot in ECA too, fatal but it appears miss and no mobs take damage

Enso
07-16-2014, 07:23 PM
People who say it's not server lag, what is your evidence for that statement? Are you sniffing your network traffic and have reverse-engineered Cabal's protocol to say there is no lag or dropped packets? Because otherwise, it is *exactly* what lag looks like.

The client is like "hey, I'm using this attack", so you start the animation, and the server doesn't get the packet, so the client is like "oh, uh... must have missed" and doesn't get the aoe data, so no other damage (or block/miss) is shown. If you understood how networked games work, you would know that clients are always a few frames behind the server, so they make predictions and interpolate different game states. The consequences of lag happening are mostly that the predictions made by the client turn out to be incorrect. The server is *always* correct, so even if the client thinks you did something, if the server doesn't hear about it (in time, or at all), it happens after you wanted it to (or doesn't happen at all).

That seems far more likely than some weird intermittent bug. Server load fluctuates. "This only happened since gladiator" only really means "the way the server/client handle this case changed when the gladiator update came out". Lag is nothing new, in both dungeons and war.

providen1990
07-16-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't care what cause the problem, if it didn't happen before then why it happen now? Just fix it somehow ><

NiteFalcon
07-17-2014, 04:05 PM
sigh.. the plebians don't understand Enso =/

Addiction
07-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Enso is right, it does seem that Cabal's servers are more volatile then they were previously. I don't remember ever having the severe lag spikes like what I have experienced from the past few updates.

ColdFire
07-18-2014, 06:40 PM
I've been experiencing severe server ping/lag spikes on this game ever since the time gladiator was patched in.. or a little earlier actually.

Prior to that time, I've never experienced such dramatic lag and spikes in my ping to the point where the game is practically unplayable. (at least in the combo aspect)
but even in BM3 - I'll go ahead and prep my synergies.. ping spike.. no numbers.. then pray for it to end and see the numbers register in fast forward. :D

IN SHORT -- The servers decided to start suking ass in the east coast right before GL patch

Addiction
07-19-2014, 06:33 AM
That's about when I started noticing the issues, and it's not constant or permanent, it's random as heck. Just wish they would look at upgrading their servers or something.