PDA

View Full Version : I used to play in 2008. Should i come back?

Osmio
11-15-2014, 01:00 PM
This game is by far the best game i've played on the PC, from wow to league to runescape...none were as fun as Cabal when i played in OGP/early ESTsoft days.

Thing is, it seems like everyone is fully decked out in +15 extended amp/crit gear...i want to come back and try gladiator but i feel like I'd just be too low tier to compete with everyone else.

Is Cabal worth coming back to? also shoutout to Darkninja64, the ruo extraxi guild, matrimoney and fierysaggitarius

Noona
11-15-2014, 01:18 PM
If you're only casually playing to meet new people (or old ones) and running dungeons here and there, sure. But, if you plan on being competitive, you can forget about it unless you drop loads of cash. Sure you can still be competitive even if you don't USD, but by the time you reach the current meta, there would most likely be a new meta and so on. It just depends on whether or not you know how to build your char =]

jamnotjelly
11-15-2014, 04:12 PM
No

Tonberry
11-15-2014, 04:50 PM
mid tier gears are very cheap now, so it would be easy to do most things in game.

if you want to be top 50 player, it would be very difficult.

Valdoroth
11-16-2014, 08:12 AM
If you're only casually playing to meet new people (or old ones) and running dungeons here and there, sure. But, if you plan on being competitive, you can forget about it unless you drop loads of cash. Sure you can still be competitive even if you don't USD, but by the time you reach the current meta, there would most likely be a new meta and so on. It just depends on whether or not you know how to build your char =]
This is a pretty accurate assessment. I would agree that casually go for it, but don't expect the luck to be greater than it was back then. It's the same still, just different items that used to sound epic are now just passable for running things.

Giantaco
11-16-2014, 11:13 PM
back when forcy amp was godlike now its scrub tier

hanhnn13
11-17-2014, 01:49 AM
If you want to clear dungeons that you failed before, welcome back.
If you want to become Guardians/Bringers, well, give it a try with tons load of $$$

Giantaco
11-17-2014, 03:42 AM
honestly if u wanna come back and play i suggest blowing a bit of money on a 190 toon and just gearing it enough to run dungeons up to FT2 without issues

Tonberry
11-17-2014, 06:16 AM
try not to listen to the doom and gloom, you can deck out your char with craftsman sigmetal single slot for under 1 bil and +9 it to do all the things you'd like to do in this game minus run aft/eod3.

if you're starting from lvl 1, it takes about 2 week to get to lvl 160ish if you're playing casual and you know all the efficient way to level.

i know you can because that's exactly what i did this past week.

NiteFalcon
11-17-2014, 09:33 PM
back when forcy amp was godlike now its scrub tier

I wear forcy amp =(

Valdoroth
11-17-2014, 10:32 PM
I wear forcy amp =(on steroids

Giantaco
11-18-2014, 03:06 AM
I wear forcy amp =(

its still great but only if its +15 and ex 4/4 or else it s trash apparently . can we go back in time 7 years please to when cabal made a bit more sense p.p

Valdoroth
11-18-2014, 01:10 PM
its still great but only if its +15 and ex 4/4 or else it s trash apparently . can we go back in time 7 years please to when cabal made a bit more sense p.pThere's very very few with 4/4. Many 3/4 though. They're all too scared to try 4/4.