PDA

View Full Version : I.... Just can't do it anymore.

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
I've played Cabal almost since open beta. Good times, bad times, bad times, bad times, better times, then some bad times after that, and I'm ready to move on.

I think we all hoped for a fresh start when it went back to EST - instead we learned OGP was only a fumbling copy of EST's policies. I'm not excited about the new skills at all, not even enough to confirm whether or not they'll come to the NA version. Just another band-aid on the rotting corpse that is this game (only the buzzing troll-flies are left, and a couple of mourners like me). I personally think they're just milking it for all they can until Cabal 2 comes out and they ditch us all.

Lowered drop rates, worsening community, blah blah, you've all heard it before. Their business planner should be fired (the people with actual money to spend don't have 3 hours to grind a RoL+1).

What I want to know is, does anybody know any GOOD F2P games? It may be a moot question, since if you did, you probably wouldn't be here, but I thought I'd try anyway. I've already searched, played, and ruled out RF Online, Atlantica Online, Perfect World, Jade Dynasty, 9 Dragons, and Dofus Online.

For your recommendations: I don't care if there's pvp in it, though it would be a nice option. No trials, no exp walls (like Cabal's perpetual "eff you pay us now" wall after 110), good solo potential, no sprites, no cookie-cutter builds, no goddamn temp item event schemes, and a good community.

Thanks in advance to all the decent people that are still out there.

Rastan
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah I won't miss noobs like you Rastan. Anybody with a reply worth reading?

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Aika online has awesome pvp.. the game is free.. the graphics are great...there are tons of quests. The only downer, according to your criteria is that it has what is called a pran. It starts out as a little fairy and turns into a little person that carries stats and buffs for you, and can carry items. All and all the game play is awesome. There is nation vs nation pvp, arena pvp's, etc. Tons of fun if you like pvp.

You should check it out. It's really fun.

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Why would a pran be a downside, sounds like a neat idea. o.O lol

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
you said no sprites.. thats kinda what a fairy is .. lol

Shinn
why complain about the game just go play the games you obviously enjoy more then cabal, you enjoy them SOOOO much youd spend time on here saying your game is so much more awesome instead of playing it

1warriorsage
No I meant sprites as in the old school kind, not fairies, haha. xD

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Shinn, you obviously didn't even read my post. At all. Move along.

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
why complain about the game just go play the games you obviously enjoy more then cabal, you enjoy them SOOOO much youd spend time on here saying your game is so much more awesome instead of playing it

lol.. I'm at work.. I cant play right now

Fishy
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
I think the only reason I even still play this game anymore is cause of some of the people on it o.0 if they quit, i really would have no reason at all to level. After 140, i kinda just stopped trying and only get on for war on occasion, so im on board with you there. although I like the sound of this other game o.0 *investigates* you will be missed sage D:

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks Fishy, no one will miss me. Not because I'm no fun, but because none of the people I know play anymore, lol. xD

Deathlymonkey
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
I think the only reason I even still play this game anymore is cause of some of the people on it o.0 if they quit, i really would have no reason at all to level. After 140, i kinda just stopped trying and only get on for war on occasion, so im on board with you there. although I like the sound of this other game o.0 *investigates* you will be missed sage D:

+1
I find the game boring when it becomes all about grinding and about luck. The only things I still play for are war and, like Fishy said, friends. This game seriously needs to find something interesting to keep mid level players who got a life playing. Its fun at lower level (65-110) and at higher levels, when you can easily run dungeons. The most boring part is leveling and grinding for stuff, especially when you got no luck like me. Some people run 5 LiD and get an amp drop. I ran 150 and the only drop i got was a failed amp suit. Worthless.

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't even think the luck would be as bad if they'd stop strangling the damn key drops. This past week my new WA spent four hours grinding out an SoD out of LS for his 110 rank up. I had already given the freebie to a higher alt.

Lethal
06-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Another one of these.
Three a week on average, and that's not counting people who don't post. (90%+)

Cabal is boring with it's low player base and lack of events. If there really is 8 [GM]s, then why don't they elect one every week to actually go fool around on all the servers?
I sit around in Bloody Ice in windows mode and don't even play it.

Shinn
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
lol.. I'm at work.. I cant play right now

go post on your new awesome games forums then :P

Rastan
I don't even think the luck would be as bad if they'd stop strangling the damn key drops. This past week my new WA spent four hours grinding out an SoD out of LS for his 110 rank up. I had already given the freebie to a higher alt.

so that's why your quitting....because you don't know how to play

1warriorsage
I guess the major problem with finding good games is you never know where the dog pile is hidden. Anybody who never played a Cabal character beyond 110 would think the game was mostly awesome cake. Especially with all the new quest gears and noob dungeons. There's always a fish hook in the eye somewhere. Some games are more clever than others. Dofus online was especially promising (a sprite game), then I find out that after level 30/200, they ask you to pay up, or miss (by all accounts, and I asked) 90% of the content of the game.

I mean sure, I recognize them for the money machines that they are, but whatever happened to make a really great game with no missing/shlepped content FIRST, then INVITING people to pay? How can so many people have it totally backwards? People don't pay to make it easier, they pay because the game is great. -_-

1warriorsage
Rastan, stop trolling moron. I've had more characters over 140 then you've had characters, period.

Lethal
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Anybody who played Cabal

Would realize there's only two games out there like it.

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 04:06 PM
I never asked for a Cabal clone, Lethal. Just solid games.

Rastan
06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I've had more characters over 140 then you've had characters

So whats the problem then?,with so many characters you should have no problem making money and getting what you need to make you happy in-game.

Fishy
06-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Paying to play is wayyyyyyy too overrated.....sure ill admit ive bought a thing or two out of the shop, but eventually nothing is appealing anymore, and as mentioned before, the drag of levelling and farming becomes way too boring.....I don't know HOW people were able to run EoD soooooooo many times for the Mergaheph ring and not get sick of it long before getting it....basically unless EST adds more content in for upper level characters to make all of this appealing, or levelling a lot less straining, say oh i dont know, quests? seeing as how the last actual quest of the game outside of rank ups is lvl 140 for the PF map and warp...HOW you people can struggle on to level 170 is beyond me......and if you're so diehard, you REALLY want to reach the new level cap whenever they release it, go ahead......alot of us probably wont be around anymore by the time that comes.

Lethal
06-24-2010, 04:11 PM

Cabal as an mmorpg is better than any other.

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 04:13 PM
So whats the problem then?,with so many characters you should have no problem making money and getting what you need to make you happy in-game.

It's not the money. It's the pre-planned downward spiral. High levels get even fewer drops than you do. I don't like playing knowing full well that my drops are gimped by design. That's not how you build a community. Solo grinding is for the masochistic, and not many people are worth playing with anymore. How would you like it if every area you went to was not just lady luck working against you, but the company that made the game? That you get to sit there for 2-5 hours because the company wants money?

Like I said, people pay for great games, they don't pay to put a new wheel on a pos car.

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 04:14 PM

what other games have you played that you are comparing Cabal to and what is it about Cabal that you think is better?

Shinn
06-24-2010, 04:14 PM

Go find one then man, dont whine about it on forums

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 04:15 PM

Cabal has seamless action. If you're patient/masochistic/out of your mind enough, anything is possible solo. And that's all it has now.

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Go find one then man, dont whine about it on forums

I was asking people if they knew of any. Talking is what forums are for. :P If you don't like my post, then feck off and don't read it.

Shinn
06-24-2010, 04:21 PM
I was asking people if they knew of any. Talking is what forums are for. :P If you don't like my post, then feck off and don't read it.

well hopefully somebody finds you a game good luck finding a decent non p2p game lol

Rastan
06-24-2010, 04:25 PM
It's not the money. It's the pre-planned downward spiral. High levels get even fewer drops than you do. I don't like playing knowing full well that my drops are gimped by design. That's not how you build a community. Solo grinding is for the masochistic, and not many people are worth playing with anymore. How would you like it if every area you went to was not just lady luck working against you, but the company that made the game? That you get to sit there for 2-5 hours because the company wants money?

Like I said, people pay for great games, they don't pay to put a new wheel on a pos car.

I guess we just see this game from different perspectives,I pay for premium and stack bb+'s for the extra drop rate so all my drops are cool and my xp is insane,my pc is top of the line so i play with full effects and still get 100+ fps,I payed attention to characters strengths and weaknesses for the past 2 years and am quite confident that i'm making the strongest fs in game,NW is fun and i have a good group of friends that i can trust and trust me that i run dungeons with....there's so many new alternatives to doing just one thing all the time so you won't get jaded as there were this time last year,i bet if you broke the solo mentality that everyone pushes on everyone and eagerness to accomplish everything in 1 day that you'd have more fun with cabal

Lethal
06-24-2010, 04:28 PM
what other games have you played that you are comparing Cabal to and what is it about Cabal that you think is better?

4Story
9Dragons
A Tale in the Desert IV
Absolute Terror
ACE Online
AdventureQuest
Aerrevan Fantasy CubeForce
AfterWorld Sci-Fi
Age of Armor
Age of Conan:
Aika Fantasy
Aion Fantasy
Alganon Fantasy
Allods Online Fantasy
Altis Gates Sports IGG
Anarchy Online Sci-Fi Funcom
Angels Online Fantasy UserJoy
ArchLord Fantasy NHN Games
Asda Story Fantasy MaxOn Soft
Ashen Empires Fantasy Iron Will
Asheron's Call Fantasy Turbine
Astonia III Fantasy Intent
Atlantica Online Fantasy NDoors
Atriarch Sci-Fi World Fusion
Aurora Blade Fantasy IGG
Battle of the Immortals Fantasy Perfect World
Battleground Europe: WWII .. Historical Cornered
Battlestar Reloaded Sci-Fi Battlestar
Beyond Protocol Sci-Fi Dark Sky
Black Aftermath Real Life Utopia
Black Prophecy Sci-Fi
Blade & Soul Fantasy NCSoft
Blade Wars Fantasy Chang
Blitz 1941 Historical Mowell
Bounty Bay Online Historical
Bright Shadow Fantasy Gamania
Business Tycoon Online
These are the A's and half the B's.

In addition, World of Warcraft, Runescape, and Jade Dynasty.

Never quote me again, I really hate you.

Was
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Try Rohan Online: Blood Fued or Sword of the new world.

Lethal
06-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Try Rohan Online: Blood Fued or Sword of the new world.

Bad graphics are bad.

Fishy
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
im liking what I see of Aika Online already o.0 *downloading*

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Never quote me again, I really hate you.

From all appearances, that seems to apply to anyone you talk to (if that's what your flaming can be called) on forum.

I was pleasantly surprised that you able to communicate intelligently there for a little bit.

Perhaps you would like to use a little self-control and act like a big boy and answer the question, regarding what you like about Cabal, without flaming and acting like a jerk? hmm?

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I guess we just see this game from different perspectives,I pay for premium and stack bb+'s for the extra drop rate so all my drops are cool and my xp is insane,my pc is top of the line so i play with full effects and still get 100+ fps,I payed attention to characters strengths and weaknesses for the past 2 years and am quite confident that i'm making the strongest fs in game,NW is fun and i have a good group of friends that i can trust and trust me that i run dungeons with....there's so many new alternatives to doing just one thing all the time so you won't get jaded as there were this time last year,i bet if you broke the solo mentality that everyone pushes on everyone and eagerness to accomplish everything in 1 day that you'd have more fun with cabal

It's just a difference in play experiences, I guess. Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel sorry for you that you gave them money. Most characters I solo'd, but some I didn't. I mean there's no doubt that the setup you have probably allows for the most enjoyment possible from Cabal, so much of what I say probably seems off-base to you. I'm too stubborn to pay for a busted game, so there's not really any help for it. Hence this thread. :)

Lethal
06-24-2010, 04:47 PM
a jerk?

It's just who I am. I'd have a legit conversation with anyone but you. There's nothing to converse about with ignorance.

BackUpMENG
06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
It's just who I am. I'd have a legit conversation with anyone but you. There's nothing to converse about with ignorance.

where the fk am i in ur sig mang shut the f up son

Lethal
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
where the fk am i in ur sig mang shut the f up son

The only other one I could maybe fit in would be pokerface but that doesn't fit you.
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/WiII_photos/pokerface-1.jpg
I'll pm my other three signatures to you, you'll Sh- Brix.
I did a copy pasta on EST CEO head and they banned me for good.

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 05:06 PM
1warriorsage,

I apologize for de-railing your topic.

1warriorsage
06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Haha, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I wasn't expecting much. ^_^ Check your private messages ceyenne. Thanks to everyone who posted, even if you hated mine. lol

Lethal
06-24-2010, 05:10 PM
1warriorsage,

I apologize for de-railing your topic.

Another thing women ruin. There's no computer in the kitchen, so get off the forums.

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 05:12 PM
kiss my *ss

Lethal
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
kiss my *ss

You shouldn't be mad at what you're supposed to do. Accept and embrace it.

ceyenne
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Obnoxious children should be seen and not heard.

No wonder you were banned. Even the GM's can't stand your mouth.

bardiel7777
06-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Obnoxious children should be curb stomped and not heard.

Fixed.

Lethal
06-24-2010, 06:35 PM
No wonder you were banned. Even the GM's can't stand your mouth.

They love me, prove me wrong.

bardiel7777
06-24-2010, 06:46 PM

You were banned...proof there?
If they love you, you'd have gotten a forcy 17% amp glove from them. But you don't and none of us do either.

Sheep
06-24-2010, 06:47 PM
obvious troll is obvious :\

Lethal
06-24-2010, 06:47 PM
you'd have gotten a forcy 17% amp glove from them.

I already have one. They also gave me a castible level 6 [GM] Buff.

Wanna fight?

bardiel7777
06-24-2010, 07:04 PM

obvious troll is obvious :\

It's not apparent, actually.

BackUpMENG
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
The only other one I could maybe fit in would be pokerface but that doesn't fit you.
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/WiII_photos/pokerface-1.jpg
I'll pm my other three signatures to you, you'll Sh- Brix.
I did a copy pasta on EST CEO head and they banned me for good.

heres me mang KAKAKAKAKAKAKA
http://i49.tinypic.com/34ougk4.png

bardiel7777
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
I already have one. They also gave me a castible level 6 [GM] Buff.

Wanna fight?

With what? Your deleted BL?

Wiccaan
06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Lowered drop rates, worsening community, blah blah, you've all heard it before. Their business planner should be fired (the people with actual money to spend don't have 3 hours to grind a RoL+1).

Not for for nothing but you are crying over 3 hours to get a decent piece of gear? Go play a real MMO that is pay to play, and come back a month later when you find out how long it takes to get something you really want. You be quiet happy with the 3 hours it takes here.

As for your question about free MMOs, I suggest NOT playing Runes of Magic. The game is terrible, complete copy of WoW, the cash shop in the game is forced onto users because when you get to 'end game' you have to use it or you wont get anywhere. The support is just as bad as CABALs is. The GMs are more active in game then CABALs are though so I guess thats one plus. Overall it's a crappy WoW rip-off.

Sheep
06-25-2010, 03:52 PM
try infinite aion private server, talisman online, or shaiya online.

MasterChaosX
06-26-2010, 12:16 AM
LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) just became F2P
I heard it was a good game but Turbine decided to switch models on account of their other game which started as P2P and busted turned F2P and is having HUGE success
right now its in CB but it should become live soon

cronic21
07-02-2010, 03:59 AM
u can try cronous. much like cabal, lower graphic quality, no need to click a monster to attack it with some skills bc they r aoe( big + in my book) no temp cash shop items as u mentioned in cabal, GMs actually get on daily and talk in all chat(ur shout chat on cabal) and the biggest dif is a guild can form a union (5 guilds united as a team) and try to take over ownership of the castle ( a union war vs cabals nation wars) and u get all the money from all npc's, such as potions, repairing armors, teleporting etc (and owner gets to set taxes too).

they have 2 servers and 1x every 3 months they open a 3rd server for either of the other 2 to come on, train together, see how they do so an so compared to ur server, but mainly for server to server trading. wats pricey on ur server, may not be on their server.

also, cabal lvl cap 170, cronous lvl cap is 125 BUT, from 115-125 u can choose to get reborn, start back at lvl 1 and receive more stats per lvl and go up again. u also get master skills master armor etc for doing this, and u get a constant aura around u showing ur a master. im sure its set up like this so as to b a long lasting game (korean server can become master 5x).

updates r continuous, war map has recently changed, cash shop gettin cheaper.

gl

darklordex
07-02-2010, 07:14 AM
archlord was good too

Valdoroth
07-02-2010, 07:23 AM
I've played Cabal almost since open beta. Good times, bad times, bad times, bad times, better times, then some bad times after that, and I'm ready to move on.

I think we all hoped for a fresh start when it went back to EST - instead we learned OGP was only a fumbling copy of EST's policies. I'm not excited about the new skills at all, not even enough to confirm whether or not they'll come to the NA version. Just another band-aid on the rotting corpse that is this game (only the buzzing troll-flies are left, and a couple of mourners like me). I personally think they're just milking it for all they can until Cabal 2 comes out and they ditch us all.

What I want to know is, does anybody know any GOOD F2P games? It may be a moot question, since if you did, you probably wouldn't be here, but I thought I'd try anyway. I've already searched, played, and ruled out RF Online, Atlantica Online, Perfect World, Jade Dynasty, 9 Dragons, and Dofus Online.

For your recommendations: I don't care if there's pvp in it, though it would be a nice option. No trials, no exp walls (like Cabal's perpetual "eff you pay us now" wall after 110), good solo potential, no sprites, no cookie-cutter builds, no goddamn temp item event schemes, and a good community.

I agree to the fact that the cabal community is too independent. It needs to be more party oriented working together for everything. That's the only way to really get good stuff. Even in NW, teamwork is essential and not lots of solo-ing. The game wasn't made to be all solo. Most mmorpgs aren't.

The biggest reason I play at all now is for my guild. Not even for the game so much. I had great times with my guild talking and getting along doing stuff together. Its the memories of those past times that make me want to play to bring them back. See, if you look at everything with a positive eye you'll have more fun. So what you farmed for 3 hoursand didn't get anything. I have done it but had fun bcs I chatted and interacted with the guild and my buds.

Oh as for farming 3 hours for an rol+1 that usually only takes me like 30-40mins tops (sometimes 10-20).

The other big factor to the game's degradation is the loss of players, which mostly goes back to my first statement of solo-ness. I've never played many other mmos, but cabal has been my fav (until TOR comes out :D). The game does have its drop rate frustrations, but being in a party helps alot to lessen the dull factor. Support each other and make jokes. It helps pass those long wait times for stuff. Have fun with that other game you find :)

Edit: btw what happened to GWs? i never hear of any happening anymore :(

icanfly
07-02-2010, 07:50 AM
best free game is stop playing game and let the troll begin....... .... .. . ;)

YoungForum
07-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Ive Played a few other games and cabal is by Far the best. It has its flaws but every game does. Luck base on drops and upgrading are the big thing and only thing that really irritate me. Cant really complain about grinding becuase theres grinding in everygame. Although i Agree those Mid lvls are horrible. But try to party grind most of the time, party dungeon,solo dungeon, g2 war, craft, Boss hunt, Join a nice friendly active guild. you dont have 2 grind by urself 24/7 till 170 u can mix it up. Why its Fun to solo somethings doing most with other ppl will make the game more fun and grinding/farming go by faster/smoother. Btw ive never spent money on the game and ive had a wonderful time.

as for F2p games idk sorry :D just google and try one that looks good i guess lol.

Fishy
07-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Edit: btw what happened to GWs? i never hear of any happening anymore :(

Eh.....they happen, but they're never very big or long......no massive All-Map wars....mostly cause Ch1 isnt a trade channel, so you cant have people just romping all over in UG, or MF or some I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ and have a small scale nation war at the same time :< its kinda sad really

SkyAlpha
07-02-2010, 07:22 PM

I think the same as you, btw u play PWI? im playing that now ;D