PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for EST to make more money....

carowe27
08-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Cant items in the Item Shop not be account bound? Or actually make the gifting option available

If you where to make items not account bound you would make more money. the fact that they are account bound deters others from buying them to resell for those of the players that cant get ecoins.

i can understand a few of the higher end items being account bound but the fact that you have basically made all most all items account bound makes it less of a target market for you to sell to.

carowe27
08-07-2010, 02:00 PM
yeah should also fix it so we can change the quantity of an item to more than just 1 at a time.

DeathlikeHowls
08-07-2010, 02:04 PM
You can.
Buy the first one, but don't click "Ok" after it says Purchase Completed.
Then click the arrows next to quantity.

Enso
08-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I think it's better if things are account bound. Just my opinion.

Lethal
08-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I think it's better if things are account bound. Just my opinion.

Uhm... why?

Enso
08-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Uhm... why?

So people can't sell them... that's really the only reason things are account bound.

DeathlikeHowls
08-07-2010, 06:51 PM
After a certain amount of time, people would stop buying items from the cash shop, because all the items you'd need would already be in plentiful circulation. Also, the prices would drop so heavily, that there would be no profit in it.
The only plus-side, EST would make more money now, rather than the money being stretched throughout the year.

Mishon
08-07-2010, 07:10 PM
They are gonna unbind everything sooner or later, I'm sure they have seen a drop in there income already, atm they are only making money off of the buff capsule which I'm sure Isn't enough to keep the game running. There probably using some of cabal kr's money to keep this version up lmao!

Rastan
08-07-2010, 08:09 PM
They are gonna unbind everything sooner or later, I'm sure they have seen a drop in there income already, atm they are only making money off of the buff capsule which I'm sure Isn't enough to keep the game running. There probably using some of cabal kr's money to keep this version up lmao!

It actually doesn't cost that much to maintain servers,I know my monthly 50 bucks for premium and w/e pays for about a quarter of what it would cost to maintain just one server,and how many people on here pay for premium?,besides,there's probabaly at the most 5 people actually maintaining cabal NA on a monthly basis and 2-3 on a daily basis so they're making more money than you think.

jimbo
08-07-2010, 08:15 PM
i think the yshould sell lvl 8 capsules that would be epic xD

carowe27
08-07-2010, 09:04 PM
as i said i think that it is understandable for certain items like dungeon entries,cores,enhancers etc. but the other items that dont drop in game face change, black trans mutter, pet accessories, etc. the fact they dont let you gift them is another thing that doesnt help.

i do believe that any item that can not be found in game should not be account bound. and anything that can be dropped in game can be sold account bound.

jimbo
08-07-2010, 09:31 PM
as i said i think that it is understandable for certain items like dungeon entries,cores,enhancers etc. but the other items that dont drop in game face change, black trans mutter, pet accessories, etc. the fact they dont let you gift them is another thing that doesnt help.

i do believe that any item that can not be found in game should not be account bound. and anything that can be dropped in game can be sold account bound.

make sense

EterNity
08-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Cant items in the Item Shop not be account bound? Or actually make the gifting option available

If you where to make items not account bound you would make more money. the fact that they are account bound deters others from buying them to resell for those of the players that cant get ecoins.

i can understand a few of the higher end items being account bound but the fact that you have basically made all most all items account bound makes it less of a target market for you to sell to.

Not true. They actually make more money by making them account bound.

It will force people, who really love this game but kind of wondering if they're going to pay or not, to pay.

There are way more people that will pay a bit to enjoy the game in compare to people that are willing to spend huge amount of real money in exchange to get in-game money.

ESTsoft is running business if your way is making more money, they won't change it in first place. They ain't dumb.

Syllius
08-07-2010, 09:54 PM

that would be retarded, it would only make the economy worse lol

Fishy
08-07-2010, 10:08 PM

It will force people, who really love this game but kind of wondering if they're going to pay or not, to pay.

There are way more people that will pay a bit to enjoy the game in compare to people that are willing to spend huge amount of real money in exchange to get in-game money.

ESTsoft is running business if your way is making more money, they won't change it in first place. They ain't dumb.

+1.5 billion

Enso
08-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I bet ESTsoft has a team of economists who tell them how to set prices on certain items and how to maximize their profits. Who are we (original poster) to question the judgment of people who are *paid* to figure this stuff out?

Fishy
08-07-2010, 10:21 PM
The items in a cash shop are generally intended to benefit the buyer through personalizing and customizing their character (BTs, Face/Hair/Color change, I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥, etc), not for ingame profit. The items are account bound for a very good reason because it keeps them from being leaked in game and handing money around to the people who need to stop being lazy bums and go run dungeons or grind for drops. I'll admit I abused the Core Enhancer Highs in the old OGPlanet cash shop, but even I eventually got sick of spending 20 bucks per stack or some shiz. People who premium, character customizers, etc should be using it to benefit their character and accounts. Not benefit people in game. I'd be more than willing to bet 90% of the people QQing about the bindings have either 1) never had a job in their life or known what it's like to work for your money; or 2) are still 12-16 years old and begging to use mommy and daddy's credit card on the latest and most greatest costume or an SEH (which i am SURE at least a couple of people were desperate enough to buy one) and whining and moanin and gropin when they dont get their way. Yeah......basically, deal with it. A cash shop is for personal use, because each and everyone of us has access to it. If you can't afford to get something from the shop? tough. wait til it comes back or go QQ to mommy about it. But seriously, bit/ching about the account bindings in CS has gotten way too old on here. It's about bloody time y'all grew up and just let it be and EST do their thing.

Syllius
08-07-2010, 11:00 PM
The items in a cash shop are generally intended to benefit the buyer through personalizing and customizing their character (BTs, Face/Hair/Color change, I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥, etc), not for ingame profit. The items are account bound for a very good reason because it keeps them from being leaked in game and handing money around to the people who need to stop being lazy bums and go run dungeons or grind for drops. I'll admit I abused the Core Enhancer Highs in the old OGPlanet cash shop, but even I eventually got sick of spending 20 bucks per stack or some shiz. People who premium, character customizers, etc should be using it to benefit their character and accounts. Not benefit people in game. I'd be more than willing to bet 90% of the people QQing about the bindings have either 1) never had a job in their life or known what it's like to work for your money; or 2) are still 12-16 years old and begging to use mommy and daddy's credit card on the latest and most greatest costume or an SEH (which i am SURE at least a couple of people were desperate enough to buy one) and whining and moanin and gropin when they dont get their way. Yeah......basically, deal with it. A cash shop is for personal use, because each and everyone of us has access to it. If you can't afford to get something from the shop? tough. wait til it comes back or go QQ to mommy about it. But seriously, bit/ching about the account bindings in CS has gotten way too old on here. It's about bloody time y'all grew up and just let it be and EST do their thing.

all i can say is....DAYUMMMMM, nice explanation +1

-Itachi Uchiha-
08-07-2010, 11:20 PM

+100

Syllius
08-07-2010, 11:22 PM
+100

XD nice sig, FFVII AC ftw XD

Mishon
08-08-2010, 05:36 AM

They do this, I'd make a few bill per day lmao.

Lethal
08-08-2010, 06:52 AM

Are you stupid? I'll let you know when any of us want your Aion-based opinion here.

Nobody "loves" Cabal, they're just addicted. They won't be forced to do anything but complain, which is obviously shown here.

Nobody spends huge amounts of money for in game currency anymore, and the fact that you bring it up means you've done it plenty of times. (You're in TangDynastfailguildwhocares, derp.)

Obviously more people would buy from the cash shop if there's a market for the items they purchase. Especially if they have the potential to earn more from buying from alz sites.

Go blog in your online diary about how I smashed you, you transvestite.

Matrimoney
08-08-2010, 07:42 AM
lol non acct bound = more money...

people buy a sht ton of cash shop items to sell for alz thats a pretty well known fact.

carowe27
08-08-2010, 07:55 AM
I bet ESTsoft has a team of economists who tell them how to set prices on certain items and how to maximize their profits. Who are we (original poster) to question the judgment of people who are *paid* to figure this stuff out?

one im not saying im perfect but ive taken economics in college and i understand how it works. the objects they sell are free to make there is no overhead used to make the items in question, so everything they sell is profit. so why not make it where you can sell more and make more profit. 2nd off they dont pay multiple economists like you say. 3rdly i specifically remember when they did this they said it would only be for a short time.

so what about the players that cant afford to put money into the game but only their time and effort and skills of merchanting? but the items they would like are only in item shop? how are they suppose to get those nice things. and you say leaked in game? lol chill out these items used to be in the game and there was never a problem with them and no one complained and everyone enjoyed it and the economy was in a heck of a lot better shape than it is now. Also not each and everyone of us has access to the cash shop. I myself do have access to it i have a job i have a life and im not 12-16 but thats besides the point that a large number of players are young teenagers who would enjoy spending their money in game or even getting the things that are in CS through merchanting in game. Im not bit/ching as you said next time read the thread name its a way for them to make more money. and you say its gotten way to old on here well if you dont like it dont read it dont comment and dont bother.

and time to grow up because i have a different opinion about what some company is doing makes me a kid? get real

Lethal
08-08-2010, 08:04 AM

Yeah? And the United states paid billions of dollars in accordance with BP to hire the world's leading scientists to figure out that to get the oil out of the gulf, you need to collect it or light it on fire.

A team of economists my ass. I could do a better job.

LILCHAOLAO
08-08-2010, 08:42 AM
I highly doubt that seeing as though you cant tell the difference between two different ppl.

carowe27
08-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I highly doubt that seeing as though you cant tell the difference between two different ppl.

what are you saying ? ? ? doesnt make sense.

jimbo
08-08-2010, 04:56 PM
that would be retarded, it would only make the economy worse lol

lol for the gms or lol ppl will buy tones of thoses lol and ill be rich lol

jimbo
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
They do this, I'd make a few bill per day lmao.

is there something wrong with that lol

carowe27
08-08-2010, 05:48 PM
actually the fact that the capsules is some what a good thing.

considering so much of the economys alz was taken from the sig event. this allows for more alz to be brought back into the games economy.

Lethal
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
actually the fact that the capsules is some what a good thing.

considering so much of the economys alz was taken from the sig event. this allows for more alz to be brought back into the games economy.

I know right because everyone trusts and loves EST and would pump their money into a buff capsule system.

carowe27
08-08-2010, 06:39 PM
not saying everyone loves and trusts. just helps bring things back to a stable norm.

i mean seriously how much alz do you think was lost to npc from just one server. i know i could imagine billions on venus being lost.

so with the loss of alz in circulation would cause problems because items prices still remained the same but the alz across the server was decreased drastically. causing a failing economy.

the buff capsules help bring back alz into the economy that was once lost. not to mention the nerfing of alz dropped by mobs making the alz runes and alz gear pointless in my opinion.

Lethal
08-08-2010, 06:41 PM
not saying everyone loves and trusts. just helps bring things back to a stable norm.

i mean seriously how much alz do you think was lost to npc from just one server. i know i could imagine billions on venus being lost.

so with the loss of alz in circulation would cause problems because items prices still remained the same but the alz across the server was decreased drastically. causing a failing economy.

the buff capsules help bring back alz into the economy that was once lost. not to mention the nerfing of alz dropped by mobs making the alz runes and alz gear pointless in my opinion.

I know I agree with you I'm just saying they won't be making a lot of money off it. :l

carowe27
08-08-2010, 06:47 PM
well 2.50 for 10m lol im sure plenty of people have done it. more than we would realize atleast.

jimbo
08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
So, how many capsules I will have to buy to reach 1bill and how much money I will have to spend?

Rowe
08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
i think matrimoney did all the math for that one in another thread.

think was like 250$ for 1bill.

Mishon
08-12-2010, 05:30 PM
EST makes enough money from their contract with the alz selling companies...

ka ka...

jimbo
08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
i think matrimoney did all the math for that one in another thread.

think was like 250$ for 1bill.

Hmmm, should i spend 250$ for 1bill? Is there a limit on how many I can buy per day ; if so how many?

Sonic2
08-12-2010, 06:15 PM
ka ka
ka ka
ka kawww

bird call bi-tches

Rowe
08-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Hmmm, should i spend 250$ for 1bill? Is there a limit on how many I can buy per day ; if so how many?

idk lol i havent spent more than 100$ usd on this game over the past year.

Rage
08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
idk lol i havent spent more than 100$ usd on this game over the past year.

that makes two of us.

Gamer101
08-12-2010, 07:27 PM
that makes two of us.

never spend mroe than 20 bucks on this game in 20 months i win XD

realowner
08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
i agree but if estsoft rly wanted more mone theyd simply put like 3 slot forc amp in item shop lmao

darklordex
08-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Suggestion for EST to make more money....

is this even possible :O