PDA

View Full Version : Base Attack/Magic Attack Formula :) I'm a math geek

Eurus
08-24-2010, 04:44 AM
Base attack = A
Skill's Amp = B
Skill's Attack Damage = C
Your Magic or Sword Amp = D

[A x (B + D)] + C + A = Your Base Attack Skill Damage (without Critical Damage)

Example:

My Sword Amp = 5%
Base Attack = 500
Seismic Wave Level 9 = 822 Attack and 70% S.amp

[500 x (.70 + .05)] + 822 + 500 = Seismic Wave attack damage (Excluding Critical Damage)

Trial:

1. 500 x .75 = 375 (Add your sword amp and the skill's amp then multiple it with your base attack, 500)
2. 375 + 822 = 1197
3. 1172 + 500 = 1697

1697 = Your regular Seismic Wave attack damage

This formula can be applied to any Sword Amp or Magic Amp Skill. (There is a slight difference in Magic Amp Skill if you have "Add attack")

Thank you.

~Eurus

More information:

5% Amp is lower than 16 Attack in some cases

Example:

500 Base attack

16 attack VS 5% amp

Lets use Seismic Wave again: 822 Attack and 70% S.amp

Attack: (516 x .70) + (822 + 516) = 1699.2 Damage

Amp: (500 x .75) + (822 + 500) = 1697 Damage

1699.2 Damage - 1697 Damage = 2.2 Damage difference

forumtwizzler
08-24-2010, 05:46 AM
NOOOOOOOB. when your attack is close to or surpasses 1k attack 5 amp come close to 25 atk not 16. Here is the formula, extensively used by a taiwanese Cabalian player (ionescel) a long time ago, and it comes close enough.

Total Attack = Base Atk + Atk from Skill
Total Amp = Amp from gears + Amp from skill

PvP Formula :

Base Damage = ((Total Atk x Total Amp) + Add Dmg - Defense) / 4
Critical Dmg = Base Dmg + (Base Dmg x Critical Dmg / 100)

Min. Dmg counts on non crit attacks, varies but a good practice is to assume atleast 80% of Base Dmg. It comes close to the given dmg. You may also try find Last Hour's calculator, it's not 100% but close enough and enough so you can properly gear yourself.

AND OH !! BEFORE I FORGET : HERE IS AN ONLINE CALCULATOR, even allows to choose skill , re-adjust opponent defense , etc.

http://dmgcalculator.webs.com/

~ Enjoy.

AngelScythe
08-24-2010, 12:39 PM
NOOOOOOOB. when your attack is close to or surpasses 1k attack 5 amp come close to 25 atk not 16. Here is the formula, extensively used by a taiwanese Cabalian player (ionescel) a long time ago, and it comes close enough.

PvP Formula :

Min. Dmg counts on non crit attacks, varies but a good practice is to assume atleast 80% of Base Dmg. It comes close to the given dmg. You may also try find Last Hour's calculator, it's not 100% but close enough and enough so you can properly gear yourself.

AND OH !! BEFORE I FORGET : HERE IS AN ONLINE CALCULATOR, even allows to choose skill , re-adjust opponent defense , etc.

~ Enjoy.

Professionnal Post Approved

Eurus
08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
O.o????

Well, if that formula is more accurate, then I guess i'll use that one. My formula still predicts my regular skill attack, but if you think that's incorrect, oh well. Thanks for the Link though and I found it helpful, forumtwizzler.

Thanks for the link, AngelScythe.

Enjoy! :)

ChuckNorris
08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
NOPE Eurus is right and Nezraal dmg calc is wrong, move on. *Waits for the nub to posts his gear with a wall of text*

Mishon
08-24-2010, 10:03 PM
This is a game, not school, enjoy it and shut up.

Eurus
08-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Thank you ChuckNorris! You are my hero! :)

RebornSAZUZAKI
08-25-2010, 04:42 AM
zzz visit mmosite for the dmg calculator, u guys bleeding it out when theres already an easy way. lulz

axdave
08-25-2010, 11:08 AM
5 attk= 2 cd = 1 amp
its that simple

forumtwizzler
08-25-2010, 11:32 AM
5 atk = 2 cd = 1 amp = 10 def, atk > amp > cd slightly for FS. So a healthy choice of weapon should be a forcium blade for FS. 40% cd lapis or +7 amp cry is debatable. Although you get higher dps in lapis dmg it decreases your def slightly.
That equation might change by class. FB gets reasonably favorable CD. Ask someone like rockstar, he should be able to help. Like for example one might say LAPIS for FB is better than +7 amp. Well forcium amp cry boosts FB bm1. So I have no idea how much. Ask a seasoned FB. For FS a forcium cry boosts def. and extra base amp is not too bad for FS. Specially with 1 and now 2 trans skill giving tons of CD in skill. (Just giving 2 examples of classes one with high cd and one with high atk / amp )

As for ChuckNorris should make a habit of reading the difference between atk and dmg before you post. Also Cabal has an attribute called DEFENSE which actually takes away a LOT of dmg. But I guess you know it all :p For those who are too lazy to calculate, use the calculator on my second post here. That calculator gives dmg for pve, pvp and nw adjustable enemy defense etc. It's fairly OK.

Eurus
08-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Lets not get a little hostile in here. If you know the link to calculate, then link it.

~Eurus :)

forumtwizzler
08-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Eurus,

1. Go click on the link on my second post to the calculator and double check dmg with a friend. Ask his defense and compare results.
2. In addition google ionesscel + how to caculate damage

bah, here is the link ... http://cabal.mmosite.com/content/2008-07-28/20080728004048521.shtml (one of many) you will find repeated all over various forums. Why ? Because maybe it's not too bad and too many people in other servers are also using it.

I like the dmg calculator link better. Go to the first page, scroll up, find my EARLIER post and click. Or better yet go to Euro site and find LastHour's excel sheets. Have fun playing with numbers all day.

Eurus
08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
If I add the defense calculation attribute, will I be officially called a Math Geek? I wasn't trying to get all SUPER specific; I just wanted to clarify a few things.

My formula is correct but facts depend on the player's attributions. The only thing I excluded was the DEFENSE because I don't find it playing a significant role in the formula. (Don't get me wrong, defense is very important to calculate but I was just being general)

I know there is a difference in Nation War, PvP and PvE.

Thank you.

forumtwizzler
08-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Let me tease you, Atk > Defense , do you understand why ? In the same spirit lot of hp > def. Can you find the balance ? Someone said 5 atk = 1 amp = 2 cd in first page. Can you explain why ? And I can say 5 atk > 1 amp > 2 cd. And what is the connection with this to def and amp resist ?

:p you want to be a math geek then you have to start deriving your proofs. :) and then crunch numbers.

Here are a few questions to you, since I see you are an FS

1. why is 5 atk > 1 amp for FS ?
2. why is 5 atk / 1 amp > 2 cd for FS ?
3. how much trade off between atk / cd and and DEFENSE is ok ? EXAMPLE :
you can wear a 2 slot cd forcium helmet OR 36% cd osm helmet or 7% amp 20% cd helmet ... how do you choose ?
4. because a crit rate says 40% do you crit 40% all the time ? what does it feel like and why ?
5. how much hp can be related to how much def and amp resist ?

then we can start crunching numbers.

Beavis
08-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Let me tease you, Atk > Defense , do you understand why ? In the same spirit lot of hp > def. Can you find the balance ? Someone said 5 atk = 1 amp = 2 cd in first page. Can you explain why ? And I can say 5 atk > 1 amp > 2 cd. And what is the connection with this to def and amp resist ?

:p you want to be a math geek then you have to start deriving your proofs. :) and then crunch numbers.

3. how much trade off between atk / cd and and DEFENSE is ok ?
4. because a crit rate says 40% do you crit 40% all the time ? what does it feel like and why ?

School hasn't started yet. Please don't make me spend my last week of summer doing math -__-

Eurus
08-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Crunch numbers, eh? Bite me :) I know how to do it all, but I'm not going to explain all of this to prove my entitlement. If you want, how about you bust your butt explaining every single little detail to everybody so they can call you the "Math Geek". I'm not trying to be offensive, I just don't want to do all of that explanation.

Thank you.

forumtwizzler
08-25-2010, 12:19 PM
you said you didn't count defense as part of calculating dmg. my question is :p how can you even call that calculation :
DEFNESE is important at high level end for FS , since you are one. People spend 3b a piece for their gears. May be there is a reason :)

but if you are too lazy to calculate : you may try this.

For FS : 5 atk ~= 1 ish amp = 2.2ish cd = 11 ish def = 30 hp. (this is open to a healthy debate)

Your base atk needs to be 950 and def needs to hit close to 1100. (my def equiv is around 1200), with only my forcium amp plate at +7, forcium glove not +7 yet. But my siggy boot is extended with hp. I prefer a 3% amp resist belt instead of 60hp and to me that works like 30 def (tested with yomo and another FS friend). You can alternatively use the dmg calculator link on the first page and double check your dmg with a friend, ask his def.

Eurus
08-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I sense a form of degradation to my formula, which I don't mind it being criticized by others. Have it your way :) If that's more convenient for you, then stink with it. I'm not trying to make this seem like you must use my formula, I'm just using a simple formula piece from the entire thing. (I will not bother making that formula because it consist of too many variables or search for the entire formula )

Thank you.

~Eurus

forumtwizzler
08-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Among major attributes, your formula not only lacks DEFENSE to calculate dmg but also amp from gear. You realize ? ... And not only that your dmg does not tell where you are using it, pvp , nw and pve all have different results. Other attributes may include add damage, BL will kill you if you forget about their precious short ... minimum dmg ... etc etc etc.

Don't tell me someone with 1200 def gear and 55% amp or so of what I have on my gear count as ZERO. :p But Chucknorris says your damage is fine so .....

WIpwns
08-25-2010, 12:39 PM
LastHour's calculator is the most accurate and best calculator k?

forumtwizzler
08-25-2010, 12:41 PM
+1 , LastHour's quite good. Like I mentioned in my post already go to EU and find out. It's not perfect , if you do dmg test, but good enough to decide what gears work on you.

Personally I prefer this one : http://dmgcalculator.webs.com/

Eurus
08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Do me a favor, quit being a D i c k Head and leave me alone.

I don't care how much you degrade. I hope you're not like this in public because if you are, I bet you have no peers.

To resolve this pointless whatever this is we're having, I'll search for the link besides your link so you can Shut Up!

~Eurus:)

forumtwizzler
08-25-2010, 12:47 PM
-.- ez. I was trying to help you. :p don't take it the wrong way. I am actually quite well liked, these days. should i also mention what else you missed in your formula ? LOL. ok ... well good luck.

Eurus
08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Where is the option to close this thread?

PunaniKiller
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM

PvP Formula :

~ Enjoy.

lol u know that none of these forumlas are accurate they dont take into account monster/player def

/end this thread

ps i do this outta boredom at night... po/rn only good for so long zzz

Ghost
08-25-2010, 06:43 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2gu9vtl.jpg

Just get the most expensive gear and you'll be the best, no need for damage calculations.

lethalskills
08-25-2010, 07:28 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2gu9vtl.jpg

Just get the most expensive gear and you'll be the best, no need for damage calculations.

haters will hate leave em be

axdave
08-25-2010, 08:09 PM

3. how much trade off between atk / cd and and DEFENSE is ok ? EXAMPLE :
you can wear a 2 slot cd forcium helmet OR 36% cd osm helmet or 7% amp 20% cd helmet ... how do you choose ?

5atk=1amp=2cd is when you comparing outcome base on critical dmg
like you said it is 5atk>1amp>2cd cuz you take non cd in consider.
obviously you can't cri all 100% so 100atk is > 20cd but number will be the same when both cding
it only makes difference when its not cd

forumtwizzler
08-26-2010, 06:31 AM
there is going to be a lot of bells and whistles on this, it's an intersting argument but at least this is how i see it. who knows i could be wrong ...

well not only that, see vs. tank classes and may be some bladers or in nw classes with bm1 / 2 and aura their defense rise substantially. the high atk / amp helps ... here is an example. for sword class after fk (which you can barely use due to cool down), impact stab has the highest dps (all agree ?), but try impact stab on someone who has 1150 def added with a bm2 in nw ... it barely does anything to me regardless of what weapon you have.

pvp wise cd seem to do ok. this is how i see it, and i am not talking about stuff like 2 slot forcium weps or some crafted amp wep w/e at minimal cost, and if u have nice defense gears the dmg is ok ...

1. bl > 40% cd blade and 7% amp blade
2. fs > dual amp weps
3. fa > dual amp weps ?
4. wa > cd wep (osm or higher)
5. wi > dual 40 cd weps ?
6. fb > dual 40 cd weps

i am an FS, this is how i see it till now. but i think these are the minimal cost for choice of wep that can do pretty ok.i mean i took 2 +7 amp weps and 2x forcium s amp (glove ands suit) and siggy extended boots. my weapons are nothing special, and at one point i did have 2 2 slot forcium weps on osm gear. i traded them off over time to defense, but still, i can take quite a number of people in pvp. critical rate is important. however if you aura you have to be ready to switch ur merg ring or w/e with 15% cd.

pure / atk doesn't always work. but its purpose is to surpass the enemy defense, after that pouring into rate and cd is an interesting debate. with the exception of fs, doing well on duo +7 amps, typically if your game style favors short attacks , atk / amp does well. now i have an interesting guild mate in merc, and he is carrying a 40/7 helmet a 40% cd redo blade +7 and some crazy cry crit based, i thought, my 1150 ish def would be more than enough to out do his cd. my assumption was high dps atk win pvp period. i was proven wrong. he was using 2 cd based weps, and was able to 3 - 4 shot his way to 4k hp on my high def. i still did a little better, but still in practice the fbs dual cd weps do great.
on the other hand i have punished bladers carrying 2 cd weps. so it all depends on a lot of things. for instance bladers can go short, or vs. fa / wi / fb bladers may do well with dual cd weps ... wa / fs different story. so who knows ?

Eurus
08-26-2010, 06:57 AM
OMG! I never thought this thread could go this far.

I feel like this is my fault :(

Spur
08-26-2010, 07:10 AM
OMG! I never thought this thread could go this far.

I feel like this is my fault :(

nah people just throwing out random numbers that cannot be proven to be equal

Eurus
08-26-2010, 07:30 AM
LOL I guess you're right, Spur. Some people take it a little too far.

Eurus
08-26-2010, 07:53 AM
I changed the formula for a little more clarity.

Thank you.

forumtwizzler
08-26-2010, 08:24 AM
KAKA [A x (B + D)] + C + A = Your Base Attack Skill Damage (without Critical Damage)

... no defense, no minimum dmg, no add dmg ? i see you added amp from gear after making fun of you ... and umm, you put A twice,

according to your formula i can 1 shot to 4k hp on impact stab without crit. NICE :D what h4x i need to make dmg like this ???

Eurus
08-26-2010, 08:36 AM
LOL You are suppose to use A twice unless you didn't follow the formula.

Example:

A + A = 2A

WRONG! You do not add them in the first step. You add A again after the process.

Thank you.

forumtwizzler
08-26-2010, 08:56 AM
ok let's talk in your language. after what process ? what is "process" .....

Thank You.

~iMuhammad:)

TheTrueOne
08-26-2010, 09:04 AM
LOL You are suppose to use A twice unless you didn't follow the formula.

Example:

A + A = 2A

WRONG! You do not add them in the first step. You add A again after the process.

Thank you.

ok let's talk in your language. after what process ? what is "process" .....

Thank You.

~iMuhammad:)

EurusDrake- Oh, ... I could teach you how to speak my language, Rosetta Stone

Eurus
08-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Did you just say Rosetta Stone?????? Rosetta Stone is a great learning software. I should use it since iMuhammad does not understand me very well.

Process = [A x (B + D)] + C <==== Get this done first

then add A again.

forumtwizzler
08-26-2010, 09:28 AM
That formula in your imaginary world is boring. Mine is FUN so I REJECT. here it is ...

[99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999] = My Base Attack Skill Damage (without Critical Damage)

you like ?

Eurus
08-26-2010, 09:37 AM
LOL! I hope you are hyperbolically speaking because we don't have to really prove anything in here LOL!

I have nothing against you, but you...... mouth a lot, which isn't really a bad thing :)

forumtwizzler
08-26-2010, 09:55 AM
you mean this ?

[99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999] = My Base Attack Skill Damage (without Critical Damage)

i'm very serious. my formula is perfect.

Ghost
08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
ITT:

Kids playing around with their calculators for the first time in a jerk circle.

HEY GUISE U R NOW AWARE

111,111 x 111,111 = 12345654321

Eurus
08-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Sadly, your formula is nowhere near perfect :( At least mines is somewhere near it.

~Eurus:(

Ghost is right. I am kid turning 18 this Sept, but I'm still a kid at 18:(

TitusTyrannus
08-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Eurus... you are being trolled hardcore... and I dont think you know it. Hmm.

Eurus
08-26-2010, 10:07 AM
I am??? Let them troll on because I love giving comebacks, which I'm not right now but will soon.

Bring it ON!!!

~Eurus:(