PDA

View Full Version : New to cabal

Pr3dator
08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey guys im new to this game and am just trying to find a newbie section cause I feel lost and overwhelmed right now. Also is it worth it to go to the item shop and purchase things or does that take the fun out of the game?

EzSeleneEz
08-24-2010, 12:38 PM
if your willing to spend money in the cash shop, the first place i would start would be getting premium service. youll get an exp bonus which will help with leveling, a skill exp bonus which helps raise your skills. and premium warp which speeds stuff up a ton once youve gone through the quests enough to get the warps to each map. otherwise there is a lot of walking back and fourth to different towns to finish quests. it can be a hassle

Pr3dator
08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Ahh I see, maybe ill do that then. This game looks fun to play and its also free which Ill admit I am a bit skeptical of free games and the quality but this seems to be pretty cool.

Pr3dator
08-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Also my downloads keep getting to like 84% then come to a screeching halt and it seems like no more progress is really made. I am trying to download it from the official site. Is there a better download site?

SilverIceForum
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Only the one download server is available since ESTsoft took up hosting NA Cabal themselves, which is smart imo, compared to with OGPlanet using mirrors that never stayed up to date or were corrupted. Might look into a Download Manager for your browser that can handle resuming downloads so you are not redownloading what you already have and wasting your bandwidth. If even with a Download Manager it is stalling on you, try another browser (if using Internet Explorer try Firefox or Opera, if Firefox try IE or Opera, etc). Might be you have an Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware program scanning data coming in through your browser (example bein Avast does this once a file has completed download, don't know about others) and a good way to tell is if your processor load spikes to 90+% at a given progress location (right click the task bar at bottom, in menu "Start Task Manager" and check the process tab (Vista/7 click the show all processes from all users button)) to see what is really going on.

Rowe
08-25-2010, 07:22 AM
try google chrome i never had a problem downloading it with that.

Havoc
08-25-2010, 07:37 AM
cash items can only take you so far, so they're not really a huge game changer. most of the things are for cosmetic purposes or legal way of attaining in game cash.

but enjoy the game, it gets pretty fun once you get the shiny skills and the combo skill usually forces you to pay attention.