PDA

View Full Version : If you have issues with the cabal client LOOK HERE

Shadowkin8
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Sometimes your cabal files get corrupted on download and this is where most of the problems spawn. So if your having any issues with the cabal client, first uninstall it and use this registry cleaner HERE (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) to completely wipe the game(and any other unused "broken" files) from your registry. Then reinstall cabal and the problem will be fixed(most of the time).

Give props to Sicon for scouring the net(for about 3.2 seconds) and scanning this cleaner for us. I use it myself and its increased my boot speed 10 fold :D

Sicon112
08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
You got the numbers reversed. It was actually about 2.3 seconds. XD

~Sicon112

cabaladdict
08-29-2010, 02:46 PM
whats wrong with the normal disk clean on windows pc ?

Shadowkin8
08-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Nothing. But this program is more user friendly and easy to use.

Sicon112
08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I am afraid you are confused as to what I intended you to do with the program. I was afraid this would happen. You need to run the REGISTRY cleaning function of CCleaner, not the disk cleaner. (Though it is nice to run if you want to free up space. It cleans more out that the normal XP cleaner.) Shadow, please edit your post to explain that. Also, try not to cause more confusion in the future. ;)

~Sicon112

P.S. That's my job!

Shadowkin8
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
It doesn't clean your disks though. Only your registry and temp files/cache. Cleaning your registry solo is risky business, if you delete something important you might never get it back and your computer could be screwed up for life.

Sicon112
09-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Bumpage.

~Sicon112

mike2014
09-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok i followed what u said and... Nothing i have the same problem. I think iive been following some of ur tips that u have been giving out on how to fix the error when u try to activate the .exe, and so far nada... You seem like a very dedicated member to me and i kno that ull find a way to fix the problem many people including me have been having.. Thanks :D

mike2014
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Please answer fast :/ I really want to play this game T^T

mike2014
10-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Ok now the Launcher is getting a little farther with starting.... Its loading THEN showing the error... Plz plz plz... Get back to me i at least want to play b4 the end of the weekend

iNub
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
It doesn't clean your disks though. Only your registry and temp files/cache. Cleaning your registry solo is risky business, if you delete something important you might never get it back and your computer could be screwed up for life.

crap cleaner has been out for a while. personally, I wouldn't use it to clean registries as it doesn't "fix" them, it deletes what it lables as "bad" registries and once it takes something out there's no way to get it back without reinstalling whatever program the registry came with. It does however give you an option to back up your registry every time you clean it so if something gets messed up later you can restore your registry to before you had the issue.

crap cleaner's definition of a "bad" registry is one that is in a directory it shouldn't be in and/or one that is only part of a whole bunch of registries that came with an application. basically, if one registry key is out of place, it will delete it when you run CC. the more times you run CC, the more bad registries you will have which will slowly lead to unresponsive applications and go down hill from there. there's also a few options in there that you shouldn't even look at unless you know what they do as they can cause serious damage. If you select one of these options it will prompt you and ask you if you're sure you want to do it.