PDA

View Full Version : Can't Start Game

EmoHugs
08-31-2010, 11:49 AM
It's updates everything, and I did the file check. But nothing happens when I click start game. Nothing pops up and no game guard pops up. I downloaded DirectX but nothing.
I have re-installed and re-downloaded it.
Don't ask about AV because I don't have one.
So please go into detail about what to do because I'm not the brightest I usually just read step by step. But I guess a lot of people have the same problem as me.
I have a Windows 7.

Shadowkin8
08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Try right clicking on the cabal icon and selecting Run as Administrator.

EmoHugs
08-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Try right clicking on the cabal icon and selecting Run as Administrator.
I've done that as well.

Shadowkin8
08-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Ok Uninstall cabal and use THIS (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) tool to clean your Registry(it will wipe all traces of cabal from your system) then redownload and install cabal.
~post if it doesn't work~

*EDIT* It seems your gameguard is on the fritz, this should eliminate the problem

EmoHugs
08-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok Uninstall cabal and use THIS (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) tool to clean your Registry(it will wipe all traces of cabal from your system) then redownload and install cabal.
~post if it doesn't work~

*EDIT* It seems your gameguard is on the fritz, this should eliminate the problemI have already tried the CC cleaner and nothing.... I'll try it again though.

Sicon112
09-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Ok, I clean out the registry, along with a crap ton of other stuff and...

nothing. Still no sign of anything happening after clicking Start. I'm gonna try and see if adding it as an exception to DEP will do anything.

EDIT: ...Holy crap, adding CabalMain.exe to the Data Execution Prevention Exception list made GameGuard show up. I think that was the solution all along!

EDIT #2: Yes, I have found the solution. If you're running at least Windows 7 and have Data Execution Prevention set to be on for all programs except for those you list, make sure to add cabalmain.exe to the exception list.

That should fix your problem. Thanks to ChrisHighwind for figuring out the solution.

~Sicon112