PDA

View Full Version : When are they updating the subpw unblock thingy?

Sheep
04-11-2010, 06:04 PM
A G.M told me they are going to make it so you can unblock your acc when it was blocked due to incorrectly inputting your subpw.. he said it would be released soon, but its been like 3 days now.
anyone know when its going to actually come?

LordKurnath
04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Its only been 3 days. Give it time. These types of things are more complicated to implement then you might think.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
how can they pull off unblocking ur acc urself lol

DemonWrath
04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
o.o

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
how can they pull off unblocking ur acc urself lol

Seriously, you're asking the developers of the game(ESTsoft) how they can pull something off? When and if they bring such a page up I can imagine it will ask for something like your security question and answer.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Seriously, you're asking the developers of the game(ESTsoft) how they can pull something off? When and if they bring such a page up I can imagine it will ask for something like your security question and password.

ur security question already exists in the sub pass function, and ur password? the point of sub pass is so dat they dont get pass ur acc if they know ur password

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 09:45 PM
ur security question already exists in the sub pass function, and ur password? the point of sub pass is so dat they dont get pass ur acc if they know ur password

Security question and answer, not password(typo). I may be wrong but the security question and answer for the site is different than that of the sub-password on the character selection screen. Either way, one or both would be sufficient in my opinion.

I could imagine the steps for unblocking an account would go something like this.

1) User enters invalid sub-password five times (who knows why, drunk, tired, or coming back from a long break).
2) The user goes to the site and verifies that it is indeed their account and that they want to unblock by providing information (security question, security answer, registered email, etc).
3) A confirmation email is sent to the registered email with a link to unblock the account or warning the user of an attempt to unblock the account.
4) Account unblocked.

With a system like that, in order for a stranger to unblock their account they would need to know the security question, security answer, registered email, and even the password the the email address. Good luck with that.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 09:47 PM
lol reread ur post before clicking the post button lol, it would be nice to hav the system u sed

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 09:51 PM
lol reread ur post before clicking the post button lol, it would be nice to hav the system u sed

Tired and had a long day, can't be helped. :)

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Tired and had a long day, can't be helped. :)

go to sleep lol

Spamzor
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Security question and answer, not password(typo). I may be wrong but the security question and answer for the site is different than that of the sub-password on the character selection screen. Either way, one or both would be sufficient in my opinion.

I could imagine the steps for unblocking an account would go something like this.

1) User enters invalid sub-password five times (who knows why, drunk, tired, or coming back from a long break).
2) The user goes to the site and verifies that it is indeed their account and that they want to unblock by providing information (security question, security answer, registered email, etc).
3) A confirmation email is sent to the registered email with a link to unblock the account or warning the user of an attempt to unblock the account.
4) Account unblocked.

With a system like that, in order for a stranger to unblock their account they would need to know the security question, security answer, registered email, and even the password the the email address. Good luck with that.

Thats not so hard for most modern hackers sad to say

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Thats not so hard for most modern hackers sad to say

Of course, but if they already have all that information who is stopping them from just changing the info to the account and removing the sub-password?

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:11 PM
the sub pass is untrackable, dats the point

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:19 PM
the sub pass is untrackable, dats the point

Alright, so you're saying if you have someone's registered email address, the emails password, the security question and the security answer you won't be able to use the "find password" feature on the character selection screen to change the sub-password?

1) Log in the account the password.
2) Click "find password"
3) It prompts you with the security question, only asking for an answer.
4) Change the sub-password.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM
omg lol they wont know ur secret answer....im jus saying dat ur sub pass is untrackable unlike ur actual password

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:25 PM
If you get yourself a hard enough password, basically the only way a hacker can figure it out is with a keylogger. 123456abc isn't a good password and can be cracked using a brute force technique. A password with a bunch of random numbers and letters is very very hard to hack and not worth the time to cabal hackers.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
they keylog, they dont even need to "figure" it out lol

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:41 PM
omg lol they wont know ur secret answer....im jus saying dat ur sub pass is untrackable unlike ur actual password

Hackers are not only limited to logging keystrokes you know.

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:41 PM
You just gotta be smart and not download that "naked pic" from that person you don't know and you'll never get a keylogger, and have a good virus scan lol.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:42 PM
You just gotta be smart and not download that "naked pic" from that person you don't know and you'll never get a keylogger, and have a good virus scan lol.

NO, anti-virus hates cabal

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
they keylog, they dont even need to "figure" it out lol

I feel pretty safe to say not all the accounts hacked were due to keylog.

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:44 PM
I use avira, and I have never had a problem with cabal lol.

SkyAlpha
I feel pretty safe to say not all the accounts hacked were due to keylog.

mines was =.= sub pass saved me

CNJRP
NO, anti-virus hates cabal

More like McAfee hates Cabal. I would hardly consider that POS antivirus software.

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
mines was =.= sub pass saved me

My main account which has a 15 character alphanumeric password hasn't been hacked. However, my mules eight character all letter password was. Keylog? I don't think so.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
i dont use anti-virus, never in my life

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:50 PM

Lol, i'm sure you got a few viruses on your computer.

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
My main account which has a 15 character alphanumeric password hasn't been hacked. However, my mules eight character all letter password was. Keylog? I don't think so.

Could have been someone that knew a lot about you. Figured out your password based on your dislikes/likes and other personal stuff like that.

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:51 PM

Clean install + Faronic's Deep Freeze or Microsoft's Steady State = All I need

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Could have been someone that knew a lot about you. Figured out your password based on your dislikes/likes and other personal stuff like that.

The password had nothing to do about me, it was merely two random words put together. Not to mention the login ID had not been given out either.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Lol, i'm sure you got a few viruses on your computer.

nope, no viruses, at least none dat makes me notice them

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:54 PM
The password had nothing to do about me, it was merely two random words put together. Not to mention the login ID had not been given out either.

Safe to say that person tried too hard just to hack a cabal account.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM

maybe those 2 words relate to THEM haha