PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted files and access violations. OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

Andrew Guempel
09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
It seemed no matter how many times I downloaded Cabal last night, I would have a corrupted file somewhere in the installer files, and I would try to skip them, but every file after that one would be corrupted as well. This morning I downloaded and tried to install Cabal again, and this time I got an error message that states:

"An error occured while trying to copy a file:
Access violation at address 00478D61 in module 'is-UV578.tmp'. Read of
address FA0ECDFF."

Do any of you have any suggestions or advice?

I already have the CCleaner that has been suggested do many times, but it does not seem to help much. All that is different after using it is that the corrupted files are different every time now instead of being the same.

Fexxx
09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Reinstall Dot Net files from Microsoft and try again.

phantastic
09-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Did you recently added new ram's into your computer? if so, you might want to remove it and try installing cabal again.

Rasecx
09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
try turning off ur antivirus. If you cant or dont have one, go into safe mode and try installing from there. (It'll take long but should work)

Sicon112
09-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Praise is due to the three people who responded before me. All of the suggestions are spot on. It SOUNDS like some portion of your AV, firewall, or other security program is blocking the files from downloading, as the third person suggested. It is also possible that the registry cleaner deleted something that was actually supposed to be there. If the install in safe mode does nothing, and your AV is innocent, then re-download all the essential Microsoft programs from their site. Post back if it is still giving you issues.

~Sicon112

Andrew Guempel
09-15-2010, 10:34 AM
@Fexxx I tried that. Still having corrupted files and access violations.

@phantastic No new rams have been installed.

@Rasecx My Antivirus (Emsisoft Anti-Malware) and firewall (Online Armor) have been uninstalled during installation attempts.

@Sicon112 I booted in to safe mode while my anti virus and firewall were uninstalled and tried a fresh install of a freshly downloaded setup package, but I still had an access violation in the .tmp files while the installer was copying files. I am going to try downloading the client in safe mode with no AV/firewall and see what happens.

Andrew Guempel
09-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I have downloaded the seteup in safe mode with no AV/firewall, and I am still getting access violations in the tmp files. This last time it was in the .ogg files for the maps all the way at the end of the setup. What gives? I shall keep trying until I get to a corrupted file.

Sicon112
09-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I will look into a few things and post back this evening some time with all of my theories. Thanks for the detailed info by the way. It makes things so much easier on me when people do that. :)

~Sicon112

Andrew Guempel
09-16-2010, 07:08 AM
I booted up in to a selective startup with the msconfig tool, and downloaded the setup. I then rebooted into safe mode and installed the game. AV and firewall were uninstalled for the setup. Success!!! Thank you, fellow cabal players.

Sicon112
09-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear it's working. I THOUGHT that was what the issue was. :) Hope you enjoy the game.

~Sicon112