PDA

View Full Version : Priest Class, the ruler of Support Magic (Idea)

Raysuko
09-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I have had an idea about a new classes that could be a good benefit to Cabal. It is called the "Priest" class. I shall explain this class in Full Detailed content from Stats, to Skills and Battle Modes.

The new class is non-combatant, meaning he/she will support players, while avoiding conflict with enemies. Weather it be in War or Dungeon delving. This class will support the party with the most effective force magic using the weapon of choice, called “Globes“. The globes are spheres held in the left hand that amplifies the force used by the Priest. Their right hand is bare, so they can cast their magic freely with ease. Their armor of choice are the Robes. Long flowing garments enchanted with force protect them from harmful inflictions. The Priest rely on strong, and fluent Intelligence. No STR or DEX is needed for them. And while in war, their points gained from the field is mixed with damage dealt to the opposing Nation. Meaning you gain points by healing and damage dealing. Now on to the Stats, skills, and Battle Modes for the class:

PRIEST CLASS
Stat Base: STR: 1| INT: 22| DEX: 1
Final Stats: STR: 12| INT: 1458| DEX: 12

Skills

Novice

Name: Earth Heal
Effect: Heal HP
MP: 5 (+2 Per Lvl)
Range: 0 ~ 8
Description: Heal minor wounds using the power of the earth

Name: Gardina
Effect1: Add Attack +15 (+1.50 per lvl)
Effect2: Stun 80% (Lasts 4secs)
Area: 1
Range: 1 ~ 6
Description: Smite a foe with a bolt of holy force

Apprentice

Name: Testimony
Effect1: +9 Defence (+6 Per Lvl)
Effect2: +15 Defence Rate (+15 Per Lvl)
MP: 29
Description: The power of Justice protects it’s master from harm

Regular

Name: Cleanse
Effect: -1 Debuff (+0.50 Per Lvl)
MP: 30
Description: Pure force removes inflictions on allies

Expert

Name: Prayer of the Fallen
Effect: Revive Player
MP: 200 (+10 Per lvl)
Range: 1 ~ 4
Description: The Spirits of the Dead revives a fallen ally
(Side Note: Lvl of spell is how much % of Max HP brought back when character has risen)

A.Expert

Name: Prayer of the Guardians
Party Effect: +20 Defense (+6 Per Lvl)
MP: 20 (+4 Per lvl)
Range: 0 ~ 12
Description: A prayer to the Gods for protection against harm

Master

Name: Earth God Tremor
Effect1: Add Attack +10 (0.50 per lvl)
Effect2: Stun +40% (Lasts 10secs)
Effect3: Knock Back +40% (Lasts 10secs)
Effect4: Down +40% (Lasts 10secs)
Range: 1 ~ 8
Area: 3
Cooldown: 120 sec (at lvl.9)
MP: 275 (+15 per lvl)
Description: The earth roars with mighty force

G.Master

Name: Master Heal
MP: 35 (+2 per lvl)
Description: Heal allies with the most potent force

Completer

Name: Art of Healing
(Note: no further info needed. Please see “Force Archer“ class for more details)

Transender

Name: Prayer of The People
Party Effect1: Auto Heal HP +100 (+15 per lvl)
Party Effect2: SP Gain +100 (+50 per lvl)
MP: 500
Duration: 30 secs
Cool Down: 600 secs
Description: The people have given you hope, fight with your might

Name: Prayer of the Devil
Effect: Add Attack 930 (+6 per lvl)
MP: 600
Description: A prayer to an unholy entity for unspeakable ill to befall

[I] BATTLE MODES [I]

Battle Mode 1

Name: Self Sacrifice Mode
Effects:
Add Attack +50
Add Magic +100
Attack Rate + 20
Defense Rate + 300
Auto HP Heal +8

Special Trait:
In “Self Sacrifice” Mode, the Priest can heal more HP by x0.10% of the total INT. For example, at 200 INT the priest in BM1 can heal by 20%. The highest the BM1 can get is at a HP heal percentage of 145%.

Battle Mode 2

Name: Treachery Mode
BM Weapon: Astral Wings
Effects:
Add Attack +210
Add Magic +75
Attack Rate +450
Defence Rate +80

Special Trait:
In “Treachery” Mode, bursts of powerful magic attack enemies in a wide range, and a large area. The damage done to the enemies are converted into HP Healing among your allies evenly. For example, You have a party of 4 and your using BM2. You attack an enemy for 400 Damage, that 400 damage changes to HP to your allies. You, and your 3 friends get 100 HP healed. So if you do 800 damage, you and your 3 friends get 200 HP healed. Also, while in BM2 you cannot use your Skills but the normal attack.

Battle Mode Attack Skill: Circle of the Brethren
When using the Battle Mode Attack Skill, this attack will -5000 damage dealt and will Stun all enemies in the magic circle for 100%, lasting 60 seconds. For example, you use the skill on a group of enemies. The damage dealt is 0, but the enemies are stunned and rendered helpless until dead or when the duration is up. The magic circle appears around the user in a large area. Only enemies in the circle are inflicted with the Stun effect. This skill has a 40 second cool down. Also while using this skill, the player is Immoble while the cirlce is activated. Immoble is off when the circle desipates.

Magicammp
09-17-2010, 10:45 PM
I have had an idea about a new classes that could be a good benefit to Cabal. It is called the "Priest" class. I shall explain this class in Full Detailed content from Stats, to Skills and Battle Modes.

The new class is non-combatant, meaning he/she will support players, while avoiding conflict with enemies. Weather it be in War or Dungeon delving. This class will support the party with the most effective force magic using the weapon of choice, called “Globes“. The globes are spheres held in the left hand that amplifies the force used by the Priest. Their right hand is bare, so they can cast their magic freely with ease. Their armor of choice are the Robes. Long flowing garments enchanted with force protect them from harmful inflictions. The Priest rely on strong, and fluent Intelligence. No STR or DEX is needed for them. And while in war, their points gained from the field is mixed with damage dealt to the opposing Nation. Meaning you gain points by healing and damage dealing. Now on to the Stats, skills, and Battle Modes for the class:

PRIEST CLASS
Stat Base: STR: 1| INT: 22| DEX: 1
Final Stats: STR: 12| INT: 1458| DEX: 12

Skills

Novice

Name: Earth Heal
Description: Heal minor wounds using the power of the earth

Name: Gardina
Effect1: Add Attack +15 (+1.50 per lvl)
Effect2: Stun 80% (Lasts 4secs)
Area: 1
Range: 1 ~ 6
Description: Smite a foe with a bolt of holy force

Apprentice

Name: Testimony
Effect1: +9 Defence (+6 Per Lvl)
Effect2: +15 Defence Rate (+15 Per Lvl)
MP: 29
Description: The power of Justice protects it’s master from harm

Regular

Name: Cleanse
Effect: -1 Debuff (+0.50 Per Lvl)
MP: 30
Description: Pure force removes inflictions on allies

Expert

Name: Prayer of the Fallen
Effect: Revive Player
MP: 200 (+10 Per lvl)
Range: 1 ~ 4
Description: The Spirits of the Dead revives a fallen ally
(Side Note: Lvl of spell is how much % of Max HP brought back when character has risen)

A.Expert

Name: Prayer of the Guardians
Party Effect: +20 Defense (+6 Per Lvl)
MP: 20 (+4 Per lvl)
Description: A prayer to the Gods for protection against harm

Master

Name: Earth God Tremor
Effect1: Add Attack +10 (0.50 per lvl)
Effect2: Stun +40% (Lasts 10secs)
Effect3: Knock Back +40% (Lasts 10secs)
Effect4: Down +40% (Lasts 10secs)
Cooldown: 120 sec (at lvl.9)
MP: 275 (+15 per lvl)
Description: The earth roars with mighty force

G.Master

Name: Master Heal
MP: 35 (+2 per lvl)
Description: Heal allies with the most potent force

Completer

Name: Art of Healing
(Note: no further info needed. Please see “Force Archer“ class for more details)

Transender

Name: Prayer of The People
Party Effect1: Auto Heal HP +100 (+15 per lvl)
Party Effect2: SP Gain +100 (+50 per lvl)
MP: 500
Duration: 30 secs
Cool Down: 600 secs
Description: The people have given you hope, fight with your might

Name: Prayer of the Devil
Effect: Add Attack +2013 (+50 per lvl)
MP: 600
Cool Down 350 Secs
Description: A prayer to an unholy entity for unspeakable ill to befall

[I] BATTLE MODES [I]

Battle Mode 1

Name: Self Sacrifice Mode
Effects:
Add Attack +50
Add Magic +100
Attack Rate + 20
Defense Rate + 300
Auto HP Heal +8

Special Trait:
In “Self Sacrifice” Mode, the Priest can heal more HP by x0.10% of the total INT. For example, at 200 INT the priest in BM1 can heal by 20%. The highest the BM1 can get is at a HP heal percentage of 145%.

Battle Mode 2

Name: Treachery Mode
BM Weapon: Astral Wings
Effects:
Add Attack +210
Add Magic +75
Attack Rate +450
Defence Rate +80

Special Trait:
In “Treachery” Mode, bursts of powerful magic attack enemies in a wide range, and a large area. The damage done to the enemies are converted into HP Healing among your allies evenly. For example, You have a party of 4 and your using BM2. You attack an enemy for 400 Damage, that 400 damage changes to HP to your allies. You, and your 3 friends get 100 HP healed. So if you do 800 damage, you and your 3 friends get 200 HP healed. Also, while in BM2 you cannot use your Skills but the BM2 attack.

Battle Mode Attack Skill: Circle of the Brethren
When using the Battle Mode Attack Skill, this attack will -5000 damage dealt and will Stun all enemies in the magic circle for 100%, lasting 60 seconds. For example, you use the skill on a group of enemies. The damage dealt is 0, but the enemies are stunned and rendered helpless until dead or when the duration is up. The magic circle appears around the user in a large area. Only enemies in the circle are inflicted with the Stun effect. This skill has a 40 second cool down. Also while using this skill, the player is Immoble while the cirlce is activated. Immoble is off when the circle desipates.

so how does this priest level up. doesnt it need attacks.

Raysuko
09-17-2010, 10:57 PM
so how does this priest level up. doesnt it need attacks.

The Priest levels just like any class would.

And of course it has attacks, it works just like a mage using the standard magic abilities: Arrows, Burst, Lances, & Cannons
And if you noticed, it does have its own special attacks: Gardina, Earth God Tremor, and Prayer of the Devil

Also, you didnt need to quote my whole post. Would be nice if you changed that so it doesnt take to much space. Change it please?

Valdoroth
09-17-2010, 11:30 PM
The idea of new classes has been brought up before, however your problem is not that it isnt a good idea (which it is a good idea due to your work on it), but one of development and balance. First of, the game has been designed for 6 classes, not 7, so everything revolves around that. Why do you think that there are only 6 aura types? ^_^. Plus, how would a mainly healing class fit into the already unbalanced (maybe it's balanced in Korea where they develop it)?
People in the past have done good work on creating good ideas for class, but this game is old enough it can't really add any classes. Sure you can argue that wow is adding a class, but lemme point out the biggest difference in wow and cabal: p2p/ f2p (pay-to-play vs free-to-play). The amount of money that they gain is tons more than ESTcorp, so they naturally can afford more designers, programmers, etc. And with that they can also afford to add another class, plus its an older not as good looking game IMO. Its too blocky. Also, they have more players which means more people's opinions. Since EST still needs to get on with ads or something, try recruiting couple friends of yours to play, even if it only a month, they can help aid the community by finding materiels.
In summary, EST does not make enough money from us compared to other game companies to just add major content like classes. Thanks for the idea though ^_^. Nice work on creating entirely new concepts of skills, though that trans skill with add atk 2000? Little high much bro? It should be more like 930 (+6 per lvl) at the highest since it's magic based. Not even a WA has that much add atk on their skill. I'm and FB and my trans skill gets only to like 1100 at lvl 20. And for BM/BM2 they all have the same base stats for all classes. each class just has different extra methods to it's use/ benefits.

Edit: plus you have the issue of gears. All 3 gear types are shared by 2 classes. How would a third one fit into it? Also I really like that negation of debuffs idea. its creative, but for cabal to use something like that properly, it should be more like repels x debuffs: and I'd set it up like Restoration with max lvl 4 so it can't last too long, but have it just get to max of 3 skills (.75 per lvl just rounding to the nearest whole number, so it starts at 1 and is 1 for next lvl too then 2 then 3.)

Raysuko
09-18-2010, 01:37 AM
The idea of new classes has been brought up before, however your problem is not that it isnt a good idea (which it is a good idea due to your work on it), but one of development and balance. First of ---

Thank you very much for you strong imput on my new class idea. I will add some things here to what you have said to me.

You are correct you when say this is an already unbalanced game. I have noticed that when I played a little of each class and learned from the experiances I have had. Also, I havent known that this game was build around 6 classes only, and I had some hope that 3 years of developement, they would introduce ideas or designs for new classes. And I had yet to see any for 3 years, which was a little disappointing.

As for putting a Healer, most MMORPG games I have played have a choice to be a healer, or close to one. As I have played the FA to Lvl.114 (Name: Raysukoh), I was incredibly disappointed in its lack of more cure spells. It has more attacks then nessisary, and I wished it was more 50/50 on both the Sniper and Healer side of the FA. So by designing this "Priest" class, a White Mage/Healer/etc, I could see how the game could be with it. War would be more fun, including dungeons with good freinds and allies. Some people like to be a non-combatant player, just like me. I am a horrid player in cabal to be honost. You must a sword in my hand, you are asking me to get killed. And I think others can say the same thing that dont want to get hurt. So to those that just want to help others fight, I thought it would be a good addition to the Classes of choice.

Thirdly, I can understand what you mean when you say they cant take anymore classes. It is indeed fact that they dont have what it takes to creating something fresh and new like a playable Class. I have learned of this by observing the kinds of updates they have been working on, and quite frankly, they are going to run out of ideas sometime to quickly, which is something I am very afraid of. I have grown fond of CABAL over all the MMO games I have seen and played. Its unique, its fresh, and the system works at a good rate so far. But soon, maybe to soon, things will grow to old and tiring of the same thing. I do wish they would advertise more, so that the EST company can make more then what they are now. I will say I am shocked to see that have keep alive since the issues at OGPlanet last year and a half. So lets hope to more unique ideas, so this game can stay alive and well.

As for the gear, lastly. The "Globe" is a new type of weapon. So to say now, its not a Orb/Crystal. Think of a glass sphere in your hands, and can only use 1. This Globe would be like the GreatSword, having x2 the Magic Attack like having 2 Orbs. And as for the Robe, dont like I ment the MartialSuit. No, I meant it as a long flowing gown that reaches to the ankles, and last long wide sleeves. Those are 2 new items that the Priest would have. They could also be used for a 2nd class. I am developing a 2nd class called: "Naturist". The class would use the Globe and Robes as well, just like the Priest.

For the Trans Skill, you are right. It is to power now that I can come to see that. And you suggestion for the stats are more accurate. So I will change that to your suggestion, and thank you for pointing that out for me.

I hope that by telling you this information you can see from my point of view. And thank you again for giving me a honost, and healpful comment. You have done me a great deal.

>.>
09-18-2010, 07:05 AM
i would rather not see any priest class like this

WIpwns
09-18-2010, 07:09 AM

Fishy
09-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Val made a few really good points, but id just like to add a few of my own. First of all, FA already have the curse remove thing (which I thinks its cooldown needs to be GREATLY increased......seeing FAs just spam it like water is ridiculous, appalling and absolutely childish. they dont even use it on allies), and BL have the resist debuffs, so those skills shouldnt be needed on a new class. Plus, I think that last attack skill is a little too overpowered imo.....just a tad bit, especially a 60 second stun. the highest ive ever seen is 8 (although the FI boss has a 20 second or something -.-). That and I don't see the self sacrifice in self sacrifice mode....maybe if you could heal others at the cost of your own HP that'd be a good offset for such a drastic increase in healing ability. That and this class, while yes a very......creative idea, seems so over the top healing wise that I dont think anyone would use it. at all. as it is, so very few FA actually use heal that i start to wonder if many dropped AoH for one of the new trans skills. Pretty sad imo. Their heals are amazing. And to touch on the rule of the classes and armor types, if they were to make a new class, it'd need to have a counterpart class and they'd need to create a new armor type. Just a few observations. Maybe with some major reworking of the idea of the class, you could get a better support for it, but even then, i doubt it'll happen.

Lorsel
09-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Haha, Great class idea and I totally agree on Unbalanced Game.
Reasons I stopped playing:

A) Classes not balanced enough for anyone to be equals in battle.

B) The weapon choice is so miniscule, I dont want to just use swords all the time as a FB, Daggers or Axes would be great too.

C) Drop Rate is horrible along with the economy.

D) The real fun only starts when you get to lvl 100 cuz until then players put you down.

E) The Guilds are not as grand and powerful as you think.

F) The game gets really boring and repetitive.

Sheep
09-18-2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.gymidiots.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/son-i-am-proud.jpg
son, i am proud.
Despite the revival skill, i think this is a great idea. But shouldn't they have more dexterity? priest classes should always do poop damage.

Raysuko
09-18-2010, 03:03 PM
i would rather not see any priest class like this

Well not everybody thinks like you. And if Val and Fishy says it was a creative idea, and they where great about it, then it would have potential to be a class.

Val made a few really good points, but id just like to add a few of my own. First of all, FA already have the curse remove thing (which I thinks its cooldown needs to be GREATLY increased......seeing FAs just spam it like water is ridiculous, appalling and absolutely childish. they dont even use it on allies), and BL have the resist debuffs, so those skills shouldnt be needed on a new class. Plus, I think that last attack skill is a little too overpowered imo.....just a tad bit, especially a 60 second stun. the highest ive ever seen is 8 (although the FI boss has a 20 second or something -.-). That and I don't see the self sacrifice in self sacrifice mode....maybe if you could heal others at the cost of your own HP that'd be a good offset for such a drastic increase in healing ability. That and this class, while yes a very......creative idea, seems so over the top healing wise that I dont think anyone would use it. at all. as it is, so very few FA actually use heal that i start to wonder if many dropped AoH for one of the new trans skills. Pretty sad imo. Their heals are amazing. And to touch on the rule of the classes and armor types, if they were to make a new class, it'd need to have a counterpart class and they'd need to create a new armor type. Just a few observations. Maybe with some major reworking of the idea of the class, you could get a better support for it, but even then, i doubt it'll happen.

Thank you for your input. I do have to say the FA, like when I commented on Val, they lack to much. Though the Remove Curse is only for Immoble, and not other debuffs that we'd like to remove. And sure, the BL have the resist debuff thing, but the other classes dont, so they need someone to remove them manually. Which then the Priest would come in. The 60 sec stun is not to over powering, as it has 2 downsides to the skill. It makes you immoble, and does 0 damage. So you cant do much as you think. Now, you may be right about about the BM1. It would be more accurate to sacrafice HP for the high -% in Healing. I will work on that then to make it like that. The Trans attack skill isnt too over powering, as it has a large cooldown time, and it has no special Down/stun/etc like all the newer Trans skills they have. Now those are over powered like, Seal of Damnation with its -resist crit rate/dmg. Lastly, for the new gear, there is a counterpart class I am working, as I mentioned in Val's comment. Its called the "Naturist". I wont tell what it is just yet, as it is still under developement.

son, i am proud.
Despite the revival skill, i think this is a great idea. But shouldn't they have more dexterity? priest classes should always do poop damage.

Thank you for your imput. For the Dex, no they do not need that much. Just like the wiz, its not a nessisary stat to increase. And the priest does do low damage, but those low damage skills have a side effect of stun/knock back/down, making them more efficant for parties to attack the enemy(s). The last Tran skills is a spell that makes up for the low damage they do, into a more powerful attack. Downside of it, the cooldown is long to recharge.

SilentM
09-21-2010, 10:33 PM
While this is an interesting suggestion, the fact is the game has a support class and it's an FA.

You said in another response that FA's are lacking.
I don't think the problem is with the class itself, the problem with FA is the people who play it. They ignore that it is a support class and play it like any other class.
It's a hybrid class that can stand its own in pvp, but what happens? People use it for only pvp instead.
FAs are very much capable of keeping a party healed and buffed. Those capabilities might not be as extensive as other MMO support classes, but this MMO has different classes in general.
I've once been in a dungeon where the FA actively buffed and supported, and it was one of the best dungeon runs I had been to. I didn't die once and I'm a squishy FB (I think only two people died in the whole run).
However, that was only ONE out of many dungeons and leveling parties I have been in.
Meaning that it's hard to find an FA that is even willing to support the group more than doing DPS.
I mean, even in another suggestion thread on this forum, an FA said she was stingy with heals and buffs, and if someone couldn't stay alive it wasn't her problem.
Then what the hell are all her healing and support skills for?

Basically, this game isn't really designed for an all support class. It's designed more around pvp. It's very competitive and people are unwilling to help others.
A lot of people forget that it's an MMO and would much rather solo and do things themselves. So what would be the motivation for someone to play an all support class on a game that is centered around flashy skills and pvp gear?

Fishy
09-22-2010, 01:57 AM
While this is an interesting suggestion, the fact is the game has a support class and it's an FA.

I don't think the problem is with the class itself, the problem with FA is the people who play it. They ignore that it is a support class and play it like any other class.
It's a hybrid class that can stand its own in pvp, but what happens? People use it for only pvp instead.
FAs are very much capable of keeping a party healed and buffed. Those capabilities might not be as extensive as other MMO support classes, but this MMO has different classes in general.
I've once been in a dungeon where the FA actively buffed and supported, and it was one of the best dungeon runs I had been to. I didn't die once and I'm a squishy FB (I think only two people died in the whole run).
However, that was only ONE out of many dungeons and leveling parties I have been in.
Meaning that it's hard to find an FA that is even willing to support the group more than doing DPS.
I mean, even in another suggestion thread on this forum, an FA said she was stingy with heals and buffs, and if someone couldn't stay alive it wasn't her problem.
Then what the hell are all her healing and support skills for?

Basically, this game isn't really designed for an all support class. It's designed more around pvp. It's very competitive and people are unwilling to help others.
A lot of people forget that it's an MMO and would much rather solo and do things themselves. So what would be the motivation for someone to play an all support class on a game that is centered around flashy skills and pvp gear?

Id give you a +, but there isnt a number that I could even think of to properly show how much I approve of this and your mentioning's of real FAs who know how to support ^_^

WIpwns
09-22-2010, 03:38 AM
1 shot material

juji550
09-22-2010, 06:37 AM
1 shot material

+1

Havoc
09-22-2010, 11:20 AM
cabal hasnt had a new class in 6 years

probability of it getting a new class in this game = 0

Sheep
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
cabal hasnt had a new class in 6 years

probability of it getting a new class in this game = 0

>hasnt had a new class in 6 years

>in 6 years

>6

cabal hasn't been around this long.

iSeeYou123
09-22-2010, 12:21 PM
lol'ing "6 year"

kakakka

Havoc
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
the game got started at end of 2004 =) i remember it because that's when i graduated from high school.

although not many people here would know about that, but it was hosted as a global release by gamengame.com temporarily as a promotion to introduce cabal to potentially interested companies to host it worldwide

im pretty sure old timers like goughghan can tell you about that as well.

Fishy
09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
the game got started at end of 2004 =) i remember it because that's when i graduated from high school.

although not many people here would know about that, but it was hosted as a global release by gamengame.com temporarily as a promotion to introduce cabal to potentially interested companies to host it worldwide

im pretty sure old timers like goughghan can tell you about that as well.

You is ancient son. +1

Raysuko
09-25-2010, 10:26 PM

FAs are very much capable of keeping a party healed and buffed. Those capabilities might--

You are correct on a lot of things here that you have mentioned, and I may have mistook the FA. I have played the FA to lvl.114 and done my share of dungeons, unfortunately the people I have been with have told me it was useless to be a supportive FA, and that the healing/support bit was not a good thing to put into. I now realize the potential the FA could have, though I must say the lack of getting points in MWAR is a disappointment while you help others in the field doing your job. If only the GM could make it to where you gain points by the amount of damage you heal per player.
I do realize that CABAL is a game build around the PVP franchise, and I do say it is very unique in that aspect in everyway. But not everyone does pvp, as some prefer the PVE over PVP, such as myself. If only they thought about that before they made it only PVP-capable players, then we could have more support in dungeons then PVP. As I do dislike MWAR, dungeons are my thing, but I need MWAR for honor which and you cant get enough doing dungeons.
Maybe I will go around being the healer I thought to be at first, and see where that takes me. Since I was build around PVP with my 114 FA out of peer pressure, I will change that around. Thank you for your information and in-game experiances, this has brought some light to me.

SilentM
09-26-2010, 11:24 AM
You are correct on a lot of things here that you have mentioned, and I may have mistook the FA. I have played the FA to lvl.114 and done my share of dungeons, unfortunately the people I have been with have told me it was useless to be a supportive FA, and that the healing/support bit was not a good thing to put into. I now realize the potential the FA could have, though I must say the lack of getting points in MWAR is a disappointment while you help others in the field doing your job. If only the GM could make it to where you gain points by the amount of damage you heal per player.
I do realize that CABAL is a game build around the PVP franchise, and I do say it is very unique in that aspect in everyway. But not everyone does pvp, as some prefer the PVE over PVP, such as myself. If only they thought about that before they made it only PVP-capable players, then we could have more support in dungeons then PVP. As I do dislike MWAR, dungeons are my thing, but I need MWAR for honor which and you cant get enough doing dungeons.
Maybe I will go around being the healer I thought to be at first, and see where that takes me. Since I was build around PVP with my 114 FA out of peer pressure, I will change that around. Thank you for your information and in-game experiances, this has brought some light to me.

I've been tempted to start an FA to try out their skills, but I already have a lot on my plate with my main heheh.
I think they used to count heal points in nation war for Fa, but I if they ever did do that, they don't anymore.
It would be nice if FA's could support in war, but with how fast war moves, it's understandable that they can't run around worrying about their team mates all the time.

I'm glad I could open your eyes to the capabilities of the FA. I wish you good luck on your endeavors!

MamaMiaYoe
09-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah, most FA's including me xDDDD tend to focus more on ourselves w/o thinking about our party allies. I dont know if its because were too tensed on whats going on when were fighting in pk or nw. But yeah thats the common response to the situation. During my last week of playing this game, I tried to change that way of thinking/responding when I partied with my guild to run a dungeon. I focused more on healing. I had my eyes on every HP bars of my party mates imagining that those also my hp bar and responsibility and I think I did good job out there because they were thanking and praising me despite the fact that we ran out of time to finish it - Lost (forgotten? i dont really know this dungeon LOL) Island. It felt good.

Another case, I held an event weeks ago. It was a Guild vs Guild FA's only GvG. My purpose of holding that event was not only to have something fun to do for the sake of boredom but to also observe how the current generation of FA's respond at times like PK. I used my own guild team for that observation and to what ive seen, there were only 3 out of the 8 members of the party who healed, I was one. We lost so bad at the first round. But at the second round of the event, thats when i started talking to my team reinforcing the importance of healing and support. All 8 members cooperated and started healing each other, it was a tremendous turn of tide, it was like our team was untouchable.

At my final day of playing, I was invited to another GvG, level range of participants were 140-170, fewer low levels though. If Fenrisulfor or whoever was with me in that gvg that day is reading this ryt, they can vouch for me that we overscored our opponent guild that also has a FA at their side. I just kept on healing. XD

Devils91
10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
A 60 sec stun is huge maybe 15sec with a 60 sec cooldown at least. Also they should have some attaking component maybe a buff that doenst allow for any healing or most supportive features, but will add like 300atk giving them a respectable atk. Some of the big dungeons you need people to atk not support. I hear the boss in ft2 can 1 shot virtually anyone and not only that but you start to get a lot of aoe mobs in the higher dungeons. I definitly think there is a lot of potential here but it has to be able to atk and have respectible damage at that.

I have some other suggestions I will share tomorrow.