Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic Skills Question

Magic Skills Question

I am new to forgive my ignorance.

I have been reading that Lances are the preferred choice over Cannons. Why is that? Cannons are higher level.

I also found Terra to be the choice over Lightning. Why is that? Lightning is higher level too.
    Last edited by Monocyte; 10-16-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” -Albert Einstein

It comes down to DPS, Damage per second. If one were to actually calculate it or look at a damage calculator, lances prevail in DPS over cannons.

This is because lances are casted faster than cannons and lightning skills are slower than normal skills. Terra also has a higher amp value than the other lances casted at 1.3 sec.

Pretty much it comes down to which skills are faster. Lances are the most powerful of the 1.3 cast time skills (discounting Crit shot and shadow shot which are obviously better than cannons in terms of dps).

Banned
    drilled shot > terra lance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPwns. View Post
    drilled shot > terra lance
    Prismatic arrow > Drilled Shot

Prove me wrong

Banned
    poison arrow....you know...for the splash effect with hp down?

Quote Originally Posted by rectumcanal View Post
    poison arrow....you know...for the splash effect with hp down?
    For me the DPS loss from casting poison arrow doesn't make up for the HP down... I know what you're gonna say "what about AoD FS???" But I just don't attack them at all... it's a royal waste of time.

Also... I don't have enough skill points. x.x

End game do you guys even use Cannons? I'm finding myself potentially low on skill points if I decide I want cannons too.

I'm sitting on 139 points left with Stone Cannon at 12, no Vital Regen (probably not getting this), no Eagle (waiting on 140 to max this), Lv 1 curse remove (not sure if I'm going to 20), and everything else is standard. Rest of the buffs are maxed, 9/20/9 on my 3 main AoEs (sonic, shadow shot, gravity), crit at 20, and 3 lances at 20.

I think I have enough points to max stone cannon, max lightning cannon and dump the rest into curse remove but I dunno if I want to do that yet. Personally I don't even have stone cannon bound to a key because for PvE I tend to do sonic, shadow, gravity and rotate between those 3 skills. In PvP I just spam crit and lances, stun when needed, then finish with lvl 20 shooting star.

Do you guys just spam crit + 3 lances vs bosses when you're not in BM2 end game?

I spam Crit, shadow, and two lances. o.o

Shadow Titanium
    i prefer cannons cause lances are ghay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast