Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Forum Moderator

Threaded View

Bloody Ice ~~ Mobbing Nipperlugs with "Darkness"

Thumbs up Forum Moderator

With the recent outbreak of Off-topic and unacceptable topics, I suggest we have a team (3-4 people) of normal players to monitor the forums.

Obviously the GM's do not have the time to look over these forums 24/7 and I don't expect them to either.

I have observed this practice on many different forums and have worked great. Only good would come from this idea.

I suggest that a Moderator team be created. These Moderator's would have the ability to Lock, Delete, and Move topics as well as Edit posts. The Moderator's would have to follow guidelines and must not abuse their power.

I know there will be cases where a Moderator might abuse his/her power. To counter this problem, the community would just simply report the Moderator and the GM's would take care of it.

This would be sort of the Watcher program we had back in OGP but just for the forums.

Methods for selecting a team of Moderators are varied. Normal players will volunteer to help the community. The community could just vote for their Moderators (with GM approval) or GM's could just evaluate who are the best candidates and create a team themselves.

NOTE: No special treatment should be awarded to the moderators.

The result of this would be a cleaner forum environment for all aspects of the community.

--

Thank you for reading this suggestion and feel free to express your opinions.
    Last edited by Rapturen; 04-17-2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Force Blader - Lvl 11x
    Capella