Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Problems

Titanium

Exclamation FA Problems

Its me again, well i forcused on dmg first instead of def and cuz of that im a hybrid fa wearing both pieces of battle(gloves and boots), martial(suit and helm), 2x forcy orbs 10%cdi +8 and im having problems soloing a penna and ft b1f. My current stats:

Hp 2784
    Mtk 966
    Def 637
    cri 45%
    cdi 115%
    mamp 41%
    Hp Absorb 6%
    Max Hp Steal 124

Even thou my net connection is pretty laggy at times i still think that my problem is mainly my def then a bit of my hp% steal. Why? well i get hit like a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ for over half my hp and i dnt fine i get back enuff hp from vamp in bm2.

Im strongly considering going to full battle fa even thou im gonna lose a good bit of matk, 1meg ring and 3x ros+9(cuz i pve more) and im gonna retry soloing penna and ft b1f with 11% hp steal instead of 6%. Can you pro fa's on (mercury and venus) reply to this thread as soon as possible and let me know if what im considering is worth it and your resaons why plz? Thanks in advance...

hybrid fa isnt exactly worth it.. the main point of martial fa is to be able to get more magic attack, but if your already stat'd for some battle, your really not gaining anything. another issue is the orbs, theyre decent for now but fa bm2 needs amp like no other. id suggest saving for some amp orbs in the near future. your vamp % is fine at 6%, thats a bit more than i use on my fa generally. if i remember right 10% absorb is the max, so going 11% would be fairly useless, 6% + some decent max hp absorb stuff should be good enough.(it seems you have enough of that already though) also im not sure what level you are, but if your under 150 you may need to wait until 150 for a bit stronger bm/aura and longer aos
    Confident: 17x FA

"Put a d*** in their mouth, so i guess it's f*** what they say"

Titanium

Exclamation

Ok, so, i should go BATTLE then? and what about swapping 3x CR+1 for 3x ROS+9? Oh! and im 141 atm so i'll grind to 150 then worn't be that hard.... As well as, concerning PENNA'S am i suppose to (BM2+AURA+AOS) all at once to be able to solo it, even at 150? Cuz, i just (BM2+AOS and extend with AURA after). Lastly, FT B1F about NEBISITE and ORCA at lvl150 (BM2+AURA+AOS)or(BM2+AOS and extend with AURA after)?

Dunno about ft BUT i doubt you can tank penna is just BM2 with no aura.

i cant tell u how to do it because im not sure how itll go with your exact stats, your best bet will be to just try different things, first i would try bm2 + aura + aos for penna, only use enough rings to give yourself 50% rate while in that mode, and hope for the dps to take it out, if that doesnt work, see if you can survive bm2 + extend, using aos shortly before the extending, timing it to make sure your not in aos still after bm runs out because that'd be a waste. and i havent tried ros+9s yet, im using cr+2 because thats what i had available from my fb. and for nesbite, i would just try bm2 + aura and aos. if that proves too easy try bm2 and aos next time. as for orca, that could be a whole different issue. to be honest id be thoroughly surprised if you can consistantly solo ft at 14x.
    Confident: 17x FA

"Put a d*** in their mouth, so i guess it's f*** what they say"

Titanium

Exclamation

ok, thanks alot and lastly do you think i should go battle for the def and less matk? i will only need to swap helm and suit and get some int extracts or going full osm martial will be costly since osm martial boots and gloves are still worth alot well to me...

well don't go half martial it is not the best idea because your stats don't change nearly as much as they would with full martial. So full martial or full battle... Your call

The whole point of a hybrid FA is to obtain the main goal of a martial FA (higher matk), yet while yielding the defense increase that comes along with battle boots/gloves. It's not a whole lot of matk, but if pulled off correctly one can be quite a successful FA. My prime example being Cel. He had this hybrid build for quite a while, while rocking war in the top two tiers.

In order to make this hybrid FA a successful build you'll need to have two things to make up for your lack of defense, and the first part or key to this is High HP.

High HP or Def is ideal for FA since we are known as the more 'squishy' class. If you have neither of those and are martial then consider yourself D O N E unless your damage is absolutely bat shet insane. If you cant kill your opponents before they kill you or move agilely enough to evade their devastating blows then you're not meant to be a MFA.

SO check your HP vs Defense.

The next important thing with soloing a boss monster like a penna is you'll be in BM/Aura while you're soloing him (unless you're 1 barring. then this is a different story).

Since you'll be in BM as well as Aura ( as well as AOS) , you'll have the crit rate increase as well as a HIGH defense increase and dmg increase. So you'll have to change your rings to all dmg. You dont need rate in rings seeing as how aura will max your rate out.

Your BM2 guns will prove itself as a very tactful way to vamp. It's pretty easy depending on where your vamp is coming from. When I was around your level (140-150ish) I believe I had vamp earrings and an ammy and I was set. Worse came to worse I'd get a life steal ring and use when needed. OR if you find you're not vamping enough, merely do a crit shot.

If you can get your timing correctly between pots, HP attacks, and your critshot/vamp you'll find this is a LOT easier than you think. Timing can play a big role in this if you cant successfully 'tank' penna.

Your orbs are okay. +10-11 is going to be ideal for you for the high matk boost. You'll see a huge difference in the 2 'plusses'. Extending your boots (much like cel did) while adding HP into them, makes all the difference. He had perfect craft 7/100 titanium battle boots then proceeded to extend them to add the extra HP. If you can grab HP anywhere, do it.

If it's able to be done, get HP or HP steal in a pet, or get a rune. You'd be surprised how much little adjustments can make!

I may be a 'nobody', but that's just my input from my experiences with once being a hybrid FA and having the same issues ^.^ It is able to be overcome. Just gotta get that timing and dmg correct. Once you figure out the balance you'll be super shocked how easy it is.

Goodluck hunnie! PM me in game or mail me or something if you have any questions. Yey. xD
    Last edited by Liever; 01-13-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Kealie - Mercury ;; 180 FA ;; SEIREITEI ;; PRO SIG

Titanium

Exclamation

Thanks alot, you have given me additional options to think about as a hybrid fa which is why i asked for post from both servers.

Where using critical shot in bm2 is concern i have tried to use it on more than one occasion cuz i've seen it on a tube video of a fa in mercury doing it on pluma but it never comes out, is there any trick or retargeting to it by chance?

I understand now that i'll have to bm2+aura+aos which should give me like 1000+ def till i reach higher lvls and with better gear be able to 1 or 2 bar it for now im gonna have to stick to 4bar it.

You didnt comment on me soloing ft bosses but i think i would have bm2+aura to have a chance of soloing ft on the whole.

I have 6% hp steal (5% from ring and 1% from pet) and 124+ max steal (vamp ammy +4 and vamp earrings +4) which i good for a fa but i just fine i should be getting back more hp steal in bm2 to survive cuz i get hit like a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ and die.

Lastly you didnt comment on me going from 3x cr+1 to 3x ros+9?

Im doing my best to apply with the help you all have given me but with no alz and those dungeons aint given me no epic drops its impossible atm... (Can anyone help me without with a daily guide of things i can do to make alz >.<)

lawl kinda spacing this morning when I wrote that, sorry xD
    *multi tasking ic2 + writing ahahaha*

Okay so here's what I've got :
    The benefit Crit shot is it helps for the % of HP steal you have. The higher the hit, the more HP you steal. SO if you know a boss is going to hit you (like pluma) and he's gonna take out 3/4 of your HP. You know that RIGHT as he hits you you'll need to do crit shot to ensure you're maximum HP regen while still leaving HP pots to compensate for the lack of HP crit shot or your guns aren't able to vamp back right away.

I utilize my HP pots as being a back up/ last resort and try and get to vamp as much as I can before I have to rely on them. If that makes sense. If you have your timing right you wont be spamming them as much. Dont push yourself if you cant handle bm then extend. If you can only 4 bar then yay grats!! Just take progression and time. You'll get there eventually, ya know?

Now, as far as the FT bosses are concerned yes, BM obviously. If you're getting hit too hard and cant properly vamp or get dmg in then yes, aura and if you're not breaking the regen, then AOS. ALWAYS be sure that if you're in AOS you always have bm or aura on. If you're going to be rooted you have to make sure you can 'tank'.

FT will get easier once you hit 150+, trust me. There's a LOT of tricks in FT for FA to utilize. IF you're in merc I'll take you on my FA if you'd like and demonstrate where to do what ^.^ It helped me a lot when a friend showed me the ins and outs of FT. Its really built for a range class. There's all sorts of hiding spots and tricks.

as for cr1s vs ros9s : I'd have to dmg test it. If you can handle the dungeon/boss with just bm/aura then go cr1s for the dmg increase. The only reason I use ROS is for the def increase and the matk. Since you're mfa your matk is decent for your level. Test it out. Seriously, thats the only way to decide what's best for your archer. It's about what best achieves the goal. if you're in bm/aos/aura then go cr1s since you dont need the defense but rather the dmg.
    Test if the extra matk and less dmg allows your crits vs non crits to hit hard. It's all something you'd have to sit down and play with. I haven't tried it so I cant give you an accurate answer.

Things to do to make alz:
    - Top priority I do is run ic2 daily (free pass for a chance of an 'epic). If you can afford the 6-8m passes then go for it. It's expensive but if you 3 man you might be able to walk away with abit of profit if you're lucky.

- Lame as it sounds running LID or RS and bringing home UCHs or UCMs and re-selling you make profit, its slow. But it's a slight bit of income, ya know?

- I'd say CA, that's my favorite way... but fkn est had to be a dumb arse and remove it. xD

-War. If you're good at war and can score decently not only is it beneficial to gain honor that way but you get the buff capsules for a chance at a nice bit of profit but you also get war ranking/winning alz bonus's. That's something that's fun. I mean who doesn't like to kill people. xD

-IC1 isn't bad profit either if you can duo/solo it. Usually 1-4 uchhs per run. Might get some nice mystic or sig or whatever drops.

- Train is my favorite way, other than CA. If you can do ruined train at hard you have a shot at 2 chests in a 15 minute period of time. you can spam the shet out of it. usually a uch/uchh the first chest then a piece of 'gear' drop at the 2nd.

I've gotta meeting to go to at campus so I'll be back later. I'll try and edit this post more indepth afterward!
    SEE YOU AROUND!

Kealie - Mercury ;; 180 FA ;; SEIREITEI ;; PRO SIG

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast