Dear GMs, I dont know if this situation can be considered a bug but here it goes:

My home ISP was temporarily offline for a day or so and so I tried to connect to cabal via my wireless broadband. The connection was very unstable and so everytime after I manage to login for a couple of seconds/minutes, I get DCed. This relogging and DCing went on for about 10-20 times before without warning, my account was blocked just like that. I am rather upset as my char is very important to me and there should have been ample warning. What do I mean by ample warning? Perhaps provide a countdown to account blockage. If you are worried about someone trying to glitch the system by relogging multiple times (although I have no idea how that would cause a glitch/bug), setup a countdown warning or a temporary ban but allow the user to try logging in again an hour later or so. Getting account blocked for an indefinite (pending ticket response which may take anywhere from 2 days to never for a reply) period of time is really upsetting. My Help Desk ticket number is 23847. I appreciate any form of positive response. Thank you!

On a separate issue, please place your eCoin refill policy on your website and clearly state this so new users know what is going on and when they can refill their eCoins. I am sure this would save you many a New Players ticket wondering when they can refill their eCoins.