Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Is There Any Good Guide for Slot Extending (specially for penalties and putting rate)

Titanium

Is There Any Good Guide for Slot Extending (specially for penalties and putting rate)

Is There Any Good Guide for Slot Extending (specially for penalties and putting rate)

It's not hard. First, Slot extending does not fail and cannot be undone.
    All slots except amp will increase a certain amount according to how many of that same slot you already have.
    The only "penalty" is that the item becomes account bound (unless it was a character binded item, then nothing changes with the binding)
    I could type up a list of how things increase when upgraded, but since I'm lazy right now and you probably are only interested in a specific couple, just say what slot you are wondering about.

I'll be nice and post the most common ones:
    Crit dmg Inc ---- 1st slot adds +2. 2nd slot also adds +2. A third slot adds only 1 more. If 4 was possible, then it also would only add 1 more.
    Crit Rate --- 1st slot adds +2. 2nd slot also adds +2. A third slot adds only 1 more.
    HP --- Technically each slot adds differently, but it sums up to be +30 each slot.
    Atk --- 1st slot adds +3. All other slots do not add extra.
    M atk --- same as atk
    Max rate --- 1st slot adds +1. All other do not add more.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 06-07-2011 at 05:56 AM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

I've been told that it is possible to fail extending a slot, though it was very unlikely. Have they remedied that? Or was i misled somewhere along the way? That was a fantastic response btw val, appreciated.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    It's not hard. First, Slot extending does not fail and cannot be undone.
    All slots except amp will increase a certain amount according to how many of that same slot you already have.
    The only "penalty" is that the item becomes account bound (unless it was a character binded item, then nothing changes with the binding)
    I could type up a list of how things increase when upgraded, but since I'm lazy right now and you probably are only interested in a specific couple, just say what slot you are wondering about.
    Thank you very much for being such a nice person. But I have read some threads talking about slot extending and read this term "de-extend" as a penalty of failing in sth (i don't know what was that) in filling the third slot (i wonder if that was an out-of-date version of the game) which means ur item goes back to 2 slots and lose ur extended 1.
    And also i read sth about you "can" try to fill the third slot (specially in weapons and helmets) with rate as many times as u can until u get rate ( I didn't get it actually, how is this gonna be done if the third slot was filled by critical dmg instead of rate, or that means the item will be de-extended then u slot extend again -with a 1.4 b seh- to give it another shot?)
    I'm sure there is sth I don't know about the mechanism of slot extending but don't know what it is.
    Last edited by Hilal; 06-08-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilal View Post
    Thank you very much for being such a nice person. But I have read some threads talking about slot extending and read this term "de-extend" as a penalty of failing in sth (i don't know what was that) in filling the third slot (i wonder if that was an out-of-date version of the game) which means ur item goes back to 2 slots and lose ur extended 1.
    And also i read sth about you "can" try to fill the third slot (specially in weapons and helmets) with rate as many times as u can until u get rate ( I didn't get it actually, how is this gonna be done if the third slot was filled by critical dmg instead of rate, or that means the item will be de-extended then u slot extend again -with a 1.4 b seh- to give it another shot?)
    I'm sure there is sth I don't know about the mechanism of slot extending but don't know what it is.
    Ah the 'de-slot' is referring to items that are extended from 2 slots to 3. When you are attempting to slot the third slot, it may fail, which will remove the force core slot you had in slot 2. This is really only a nuisance unless it was a nice item with rate slotted in. Your best bet trying to slot for rate in weapons or helms is to use a +x catalyst for cd (gs or dk + 5 or more would be nicest) as it will lower the fail rate considerably the higher the + it is (3% each +) and if it fails only the 2nd force core option, it will either slot cd, or fail entirely (hopefully not).

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Ah the 'de-slot' is referring to items that are extended from 2 slots to 3. When you are attempting to slot the third slot, it may fail, which will remove the force core slot you had in slot 2. This is really only a nuisance unless it was a nice item with rate slotted in. Your best bet trying to slot for rate in weapons or helms is to use a +x catalyst for cd (gs or dk + 5 or more would be nicest) as it will lower the fail rate considerably the higher the + it is (3% each +) and if it fails only the 2nd force core option, it will either slot cd, or fail entirely (hopefully not).
    To increase more success, use enhanced core low in the core slot (after satisfying the # force cores). Each enhanced core gives 6% instead of 3% from normal core.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuai View Post
    To increase more success, use enhanced core low in the core slot (after satisfying the # force cores). Each enhanced core gives 6% instead of 3% from normal core.
    Thank you both very much.

Banned
    and use + catalyst...the higher the better <---- no longer relevant

edit: now for the new system, the higher plus the piece ur slotting in, seemed the higher the success rate. if u notice that osm can have as much as 86% success with 10 fch's for +0 piece. Someone said that +15 can get as high as 99%. haven't verified that yet 'cuz I don't have a +15 to put slot in.
    Last edited by Drew; 07-20-2011 at 11:40 PM.

so.. i found this redosmium with a s.skill amp + 14% but is a account-binding item. it has no slot... if I use a SE there, what will happen? will it make the 14% skill amp go back down to 7% and add a slot to it?