Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fix the economy

fix the economy

-Increase drop rate of ALL dungeons by a significant amount.
    -add an npc that sells dungeons at a reasonable price to keep the prices regulated
    - increase the drop rate of 1 slot / non slot osmium and redosmium peices (so they can be vendored) by ALOT to give people spending money in the first place.
    -OR even add a second version of the free dungeon quest for sods/eods/FT's

Shadow Titanium
    No need for multiple threads, also I disagree with this suggestion.
    Venus

All of those are bad ideas except the dungeon cards. The only cards I want the npcs to have though are
    A. Weakened Dungeon Cards (forever because they are for the new low lvl players)
    B. DX Dungeon Cards (For a limited time upon release)
    C. New Dungeon Cards when an update comes out (For a limited time of course.)

The entire purpose of my suggestion is to help the economy. Your ideas on the other hand would do little to nothing for the economy.

Doing any of these will at least help the economy out a little bit. If you disagree with that then all I have to say is lol.

Banned
    stop spamming your bad ideas >_>
    you must be really butthurt, the economy and drop-rate is fine as it is. Although, the price for pc dmg helms are way out of whack. +6's are more than i sold my +7's.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by toibidien View Post
    -Increase drop rate of ALL dungeons by a significant amount.
    I disagree because there are those of us who have dealt with the low drop rate and still managed good gear. Raising the drop rate only screws those of us who have worked hard for what we have.

-add an npc that sells dungeons at a reasonable price to keep the prices regulated
    Simple supply and demand, because a dungeon like Volcanic Citadel drops 3-4 UCH on average per run, it makes sense that the entry items would be 4m~5m. However, I can see adding the "weakened" dungeon entry items to an NPC for a reasonable price.

- increase the drop rate of 1 slot / non slot osmium and redosmium peices (so they can be vendored) by ALOT to give people spending money in the first place.
    I disagree, the drop rate isn't that bad already and we don't need everything being like how "Patren, Patren" was

-OR even add a second version of the free dungeon quest for sods/eods/FT's
    I don't see a need.
    My comments to your suggestion are in bold within the quote. However, I will suggest now that the botters are more in-check that Chaos Lamps are NPCable for 250K again.
    Venus

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    stop spamming your bad ideas >_>
    you must be really butthurt, the economy and drop-rate is fine as it is. Although, the price for pc dmg helms are way out of whack. +6's are more than i sold my +7's.
    The economy is far from stable along with the drop rate. I'd go over all the things fundamentally wrong with this system but I doubt many here would truly get it.

@CNJRP [guess I will for you on a few topics]: I disagree on your view of price ceilings [dungeons being sold by npcs], its not entirely as simple as supply and demand. FT2 is an example of a dungeon that has little demand and little supply, so why can be the price be higher than a dungeon of higher demand? Rarity, these entries are not found as easily and the demand has little other options to resort to than to give in to the prices the suppliers set, despite that there seems to be an equal number of suppliers and the people who demand it. Its price does not correlate to its profit [unless your a hacker who can afford to do this dungeon long term without mistakes, pots, odd circles and everything else that a party of seven has to incur costs for to run it once] because of the seemingly agreed upon boundary of prices by the sellers.

About drop rate: Also disagree here. Some things are unstable and do need fixing, just because you made it work does it mean the system is fair. The value of droprate adjustment could certainly be more than open for debate though [remember though that droprate affects only how often an item DROPS not what DOES drop, I doubt anyone here would even notice a 10x increase in droprate seeing as how 90% of people's income comes from chests in dungeons which have a 100% droprate already]. I think many people confuse the terms, drop quality is what happens when a item drops so a droprate increase would only really be noticed in more easily obtainable entries, you would never notice the rest of it I can guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by LastHour View Post
    The economy is far from stable along with the drop rate. I'd go over all the things fundamentally wrong with this system but I doubt many here would truly get it. ......
    Thank you.

bout time somebody talk some reason into these people.

for new players (and since cabal are getting new players every now and then) some of the items seen on ah are indeed unreasonable. At least bring prices down for the titaniums and phery crafts and such. Gloves and boots amp for stit are reasonable and same for the osmiums but dungeon keys such as rs and lid and even eod (even with the new ring update) should be increased in drop for new level players. At least let them experience trascender skills, up to them to continue after 100 if they want to.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by LastHour View Post
    The economy is far from stable along with the drop rate. I'd go over all the things fundamentally wrong with this system but I doubt many here would truly get it.

@CNJRP [guess I will for you on a few topics]: I disagree on your view of price ceilings [dungeons being sold by npcs], its not entirely as simple as supply and demand. FT2 is an example of a dungeon that has little demand and little supply, so why can be the price be higher than a dungeon of higher demand? Rarity, these entries are not found as easily and the demand has little other options to resort to than to give in to the prices the suppliers set, despite that there seems to be an equal number of suppliers and the people who demand it. Its price does not correlate to its profit [unless your a hacker who can afford to do this dungeon long term without mistakes, pots, odd circles and everything else that a party of seven has to incur costs for to run it once] because of the seemingly agreed upon boundary of prices by the sellers.

About drop rate: Also disagree here. Some things are unstable and do need fixing, just because you made it work does it mean the system is fair. The value of droprate adjustment could certainly be more than open for debate though [remember though that droprate affects only how often an item DROPS not what DOES drop, I doubt anyone here would even notice a 10x increase in droprate seeing as how 90% of people's income comes from chests in dungeons which have a 100% droprate already]. I think many people confuse the terms, drop quality is what happens when a item drops so a droprate increase would only really be noticed in more easily obtainable entries, you would never notice the rest of it I can guarantee that.
    I can't argue with FTB2f, however in my eyes all the solo-able dungeons are fairly reasonable. Excluding EoDb1f maybe because of the merga ring which was recently introduced. Another event like the bluesock one which injects a ton of entry items into to the market may settle prices.

As for drops, I believe any universal increase on the droprates will screw the players who have already worked for a piece or two of "good" gear. Why would I think that? Sometime in the past six months OGPlanet had one of their "events" and gave players 50% increase in droprates for the weekend. I had never seen so many forcium amp drops pop up in a short period of time. If I remember correctly, a 14% s.amp weapon(not GS or DK) had also dropped that very weekend as well. Sure the demand for forcium amp is high, but overtime with increased droprates I foresee the price declining the same way UCHH since two additional CA channels.
    Last edited by CNJRP; 05-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.
    Venus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast